Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center
1 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.schustercenter.org/citilites/
- Phone: (937) 222-0623
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 2.5 hours before most Schuster performances
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center
Citilites Restaurant & Bar is a casual dining restaurant located in the Kettering Wintergarden of the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center in Dayton, serving lunch Monday through Friday and lunch or dinner prior to performances in the Mead Theatre and some performances at the Victoria Theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)romantic (7)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- strange cancellationZazaDined on 11/21/2014While on our way to the dinner (5:30 reservation ) I received a notice by cell phone that our reservation had been cancelled. We went anyway. Reservation was still good. Very strange. Your system needs work. PSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atmosphere, but freezing cold!LollyDined on 11/17/2014The restaurant is lovely and food is quite good, but they need some space heaters or something (a roaring fire?) to literally warm up the place. We were in the Wintergarden and I swear we could hear and feel the wind blowing from outside. Brrrr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experience.LovesmusicalsDined on 11/15/2014It is great to be able to go there before Schuster and Victoria eventsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I ordered 2 sides--the first one, wild rice, was so full of black pepper both myself & my husband couldn't eat it. I also ordered cauliflower mashed potatoes, assuming it was a combination of cauliflower & potatoes, but it was just average mashed potatoes. Not impressed with the mealSpecial Features:
- Never received our order. Terrible experience.FranDined on 11/14/2014Our waitress took our order and came back 45 minutes later to tell us that our order was served to other customers. We left with no dinner in order to make our show on time. There is no excuse for such poor treatment of customers.
- Dinner Before Dayton Philharmonic PerformanceBillDined on 11/14/2014A very convenient place to dine. The menu is short, with a mix of interesting choices. We had the panned seared scallops, green beans and Midwest wild rice. The rice was better than expected, as chunks of pork were added to provide additional flavor and substance. The scallops were good, but not exceptional. Our waiter, Phillip, was attentive and very prompt. The food is good, you can't beat the location, but we sat in the open air dining area and found it somewhat chilly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Special OccasionshowdinerDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the timing was perfect, as we were already at the theater and could relax right up until showtime. The meal is a little pricey, but there are lower priced options. The food was beautifully presented and tasted great. Our server was very attentive and did a great job of recommending wines and foods that paired well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-show PlaceLongJohnDined on 11/7/2014Nestled in the lobby of the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton, Citilites pampers the evening show crowd with a varied menu from salads and small plates to lobster thermador. Their steak-burgers are legendary, but order early as they go fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GottaLoveLunchDined on 11/6/2014I made a reservation for a group at lunch online and it was very easy and fast. We got an email confirmation that I liked also. when we arrived at the restaurant they had the table ready and water for everyone in our party. The wait staff was efficient and attentive and the food came out very timely.Special Features:
- First Time... Won't Be LastrandyeaterDined on 10/26/2014For our fist time seeing a show at the Schuster, we made a reservation in response to an e-mail ad. We loved it! The food was great (the only complaint was my daughter's steak was a little too rare rather than medium as ordered but nothing serious). Our table was a little cramped for four in the bar area. But service was great. We will return...Special Features:
- Not worth the costWeekenddinerDined on 10/26/2014The waitress said she was new which may explain why we had to ask for refills and bread and wait for our food while others around us that came in after us were all served before us and attended to much more than us. The prices are way too pricey and the menu was very strange. I really had a hard time finding anything that sounded good. Perhaps they feel they are justified to ask these prices because of their location, but really it was very noisy and cold so the atmosphere was not really good. My husband asked for a toothpick at the end of the meal and the waitress brought us a broken piece of a large bar stir stick - really! She said that was their toothpicks! We saw toothpicks on their greeter podium as we were leaving.
- foodkbooseDined on 10/26/2014The food was superb: wonderful-unique twist on lasagnaSpecial Features:
- Food was fantastic!BachDined on 10/25/2014Would definitely dine at Citilites again. Highly recommend the Butternut Squash Lasagna & Wintergarten Salad. So nice to have this restaurant located in Schuster Center.Special Features:
- Terrific downtown pre-show locationMollyTDined on 10/25/2014Recommend the selections from the small plate and salad portion of the menu.Special Features:
- Poor servicehungrydinerDined on 10/24/2014Our food was delivered 42 minutes after ordering. There was not enough time to finish our meal before showtime. The steak burgers were burnt and had no condiments. The menu lacks choices that older children would find appealing. We will not eat there again.
- Convenient for performancesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014This is the best spot for a pre-performance dinner at the Schuster Arts Center. You get the best parking by coming early and can enjoy great food without worrying about getting to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably ExcellentNightOutDined on 10/24/2014We go here whenever there is a performance at the Shuster or Victoria Theatre. We pretty much have the same things each time because they are so good, really good. Am sure other menu items are excellent too, but we're just so thrilled to eat out once in a while and love the dishes. Service top notch including the hostess named Rose.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and great service.Summerlea13Dined on 10/23/2014The meal was a bit pricey but worth a once-in-a-while evening out, especially since we saw a show right afterwards and had time to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a showhah1Dined on 10/23/2014Excellently prepared unique food with huge portions.Special Features:
- Recommended by a foodiecuriousmeDined on 10/21/2014Our choices of entrees were exceptional. The butternut squash lasagna was wonderful and my guests filet mignon was delectable. Our kale Caesar salad was great. Our server was there to please and attentive. I am looking forward to dining at Citilites again, soon!Special Features:
- an obvious choice before a showDavidLDined on 10/18/2014Citilites works perfect for those who want the entire evening for dinner and a show. Located in the Shuster Center and 2 minutes from the Victoria makes this a perfect beginning to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre DiningRoyHDined on 10/17/2014A restaurant just outside the auditorium is perfect for avoiding the last minute rush to be seated, providing the food and service are good. Citilites satisfied both criteria - friendly reception, excellent service and a good selection of well-prepared meals, accompanied by a varied and well-priced wine list. Definitely worth a return visit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real Dayton GemHeatherJDined on 10/10/2014As always, the food was fabulous. The tomato bisque is a must and i like the seasonal changes to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food stop before the showMarkinKYVIPDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed our second trip to Citilites and found the service to be exceptional. Food is very good but not quite matched to the prices, which for entrees range from $24 to $35 and not quite equal to the quality and portions. That said, it's still a great place, especially if you have a show at the Schuster.Special Features:
- Love this venueKarenKDined on 10/10/2014Lovely setting and always gracious servers and hostesses. Liked the new menu. Appeals to all age ranges and great fun to sit and watch the theatre crowd move about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Niceglk14Dined on 10/10/2014Great pairing with a cocert/event at the Schuster Center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceOperafanDined on 9/20/2014From the Midwestern friendliness of the staff to the variety of items on the menu, we had a splendid time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Chef Tim did an awesome job with the small plates! This goes beyond "bar food", offering something small but unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We dine here on a regular basis and always ask for Phillip or Brittany as both our our favorites. Not only do they treat us as special people but we see the smiles and excellent service they provide everyone.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Citilites at Schuster Performing Arts Center reviews archive.