2698 Oakum Court
Lenoir City, TN 37772Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.windriverliving.com/citicos
- Phone: 8659860009x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Allen
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us directly for information about catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that seats up to ten, separated from the main dining room by a partition. You can also arrange to have your meal in one of our Bed and Breakfast suites, completely exclusive.
- Private Party Contact: Blake Parrish 8659860009x
- Entertainment: On special occasions, Citico's offers Jazz Trio's and the sounds of Big Band classics such as Tommy Dorsey.
A word from Citico's
One of the many great amenities set to adorn the property of WindRiver Lakefront and Golf Community is Citico's Restaurant and Lounge, a unique fine dining establishment cast against the majestic backdrop of Tellico Lake. Award-winning Chef Robert Allen and his talented crew have cultivated a fresh, local approach to Southern cuisine. With premiere service and an ever-evolving wine cellar, Citico's stands to set the bar in the Knoxville area for an unforgettable dining experience. The former residence, also turned into a Bed and Breakfast, encases Citico's intimate and exclusive approach to fine dining. The Lounge downstairs features an upscale take on more casual items, a strong whiskey/scotch portfolio, and a comfortable space to enjoy dessert or an after-dinner cocktail. We are honored to invite you to join us for this one of a kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Citico's reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (38)scenic view (37)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (18)good for groups (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014One word sums it up, Excellent! Pleasant surprise. Great wine list and the food was fabulous. We started with the cheese plate and it was wonderful. The chef came to each table and spent time with all patrons. Outstanding service and the entrees were prepared perfectly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding & Delightful evening!letseatDined on 10/9/2014The early evening dining on the screened porch was great as we watched the sun set over the lake. As darkness approached, the candles did a beautiful job to provide light with the outside porch lantern. The food was phenominal! We enjoyed the calamari with the tomato jam; so unusual and the calamari was extremely tender. The Brussels sprouts & pork bellies was an outstanding blend of flavors; what an adventurous surprise. The amberjack fish with a citrus infusion was perfectly cooked, served over quinoa, and the grilled vegetables were flavorful. We also enjoyed the duck with pasta and mushrooms with a hearty sauce to compliment the entrée. Wedge salad crisp and chilled - dessert selection pleased everyone. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantkimoDined on 10/4/2014It is more like family dining…but upscale. The bar area downstairs is a great place to gather. Sofas, tables and bar stools make for a relaxed atmosphere. There is also a pool table, which creates a impression of being in your friends basement, of course a well finished basement. We were not able to dine out side because of the chill in the air, but it overlooks the lake and we will definitely be back to dine when the temp is more conducive to it. The dining area is in the living room/dining room of the house, a little tight, but acceptable. The food selection is limited, but changes every couple weeks. the service was great and the chef and general manager would take the time to come out and talk each patron.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLimeydudeDined on 9/27/2014Yet again the team at Citico presented a perfect meal. Not only is the food terrific, they know how to make you feel special!Special Features:
- Worth the drive from anywhere!MrBillDined on 9/27/2014Citico's has to be one of the best restaurants in memory. The food...oh so good. Everything was perfect including the after dinner house tour provided. Loved everything about this wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasioncatmanduDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my mother's 85th birthday here. The service, the wine list, the food were all spectacular. Beautiful views and incredible ambiance. Would definitely recommend for that special occasion or a just because . . . . .the chef, manager and wait staff were very accommodating and made this a one of a kind dining experience in Lenoir City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept dining secret around!yummy2Dined on 9/26/2014Wonderful dining experience - again! Each time I introduce my new best kept secret restaurant to someone that hasn't heard about Citico's, they walk out the door raving about the wonderful food and the pleasant service one receives. A quiet, pleasant, relaxing place that has wonderful food! A must to try!!Special Features:
- A Gem in Lenoir CityJohnSVIPDined on 9/19/2014Could have been in New York, Miami or Chicago. As good as any Michael Mina restaurant. Excellent staff, phenomenal food and a wine list that is excellent and growing. We will be back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingtennesseeDined on 9/12/2014The service was impeccable and very attentive. Wide range menu. We were pleasantly surprised at the prices as we had heard that the restaurant was very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond has been foundRockytopfoodieDined on 9/12/2014From the minute we arrived we knew a diamond had been found. The staff is well trained, attentive and very proud to be a part of this wonderful Resturant. Food was excellent, and having the Chef, mingle with the patrons and talk about his preparations and love for the local produce just reinforced this is a five star establishment. Our bar tender Josh was a delight and very proud to be doing what he was doing. Our waiter, Mark and Sommelier, Blake made us feel special and made certain we were enjoying our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Place in KnoxvilleblondijDined on 9/11/2014We have Been to Citico's 4 times in the last five weeks. It's so refreshing to have a destination restaurant that makes dining an evening event. Start with a drink on the lower patio overlooking the lake, when you are ready you are then seated upstairs and receive a warm welcome from the chef as well as the owner. The wine is excellent, cocktails are great and the food selection is eclectic enough to suit any taste. Best news of all, the prices are really good considering the atmosphere and quality. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great special occasion location with excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Had high hopesChefJBDined on 9/5/2014The salads were sparse (@ $9) and the vinaigrette watery and vinegary. My wife's filet, ordered medium was delivered WELL. Replaced within minutes. Her asparagus was almost raw and the bernaise cool. I ordered the special-- a ribeye trimmed out to a filet "to reduce the fat but retain the flavor and tenderness". An older woman at a nearby table ordered it also. She could not cut it with a steak knife. Her daughter could not cut it for her with a steak knife. It went back to the kitchen and came back minutes later in bite size pieces. Apparently they had a bigger knife. My medium ribeye filet was just a tough. Pink, but the texture of a London broil @ $40. Their meat purveyor did them no favors that night. I ate her well done filet.Special Features:
- SamcarpieDined on 9/5/2014We never could get our three bills correct. They said it was a computer problem. Still don't know the cost. Will know when we get our credit card statement. Nice experience. Would not take a large group until they get better organized. Also I had no way of knowing where our seating would be. Was in a dinning room with no view at all. Open seating needs a diagram of seating available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Cheers2gooddiningDined on 9/4/2014It was excellent food in a lovely setting. Chef Robert provided a great menu with delicious options. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their selections...no exceptions. (Filet was claimed, "The best I've ever had.") Wait staff was pleasant and eager albeit a tiny bit inexperienced, still at a 4 star level! It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningGourmetFoodie2014Dined on 8/30/2014What a nice gem to be found only 30 minutes from Knoxville with great food and ambience and perfect service. An upscale restaurant where people dress up also to complete a wonderful dining evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitDaChefDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating 3 birthdays, and it was a celebration to remember. One little glitch when we were first seated was my son had to get up and remind them we hadn't been served. They immediately resolved the problem and were most attentive the rest of our meal. We recommended Citicos to many friends after our first visit.Special Features:
- Nice place but poor foodlooserDined on 8/30/2014We were greeted by a gentleman at the front door which was as if you were going into a private home. Our table was overlooking the lake. We ordered an appetizer of pork belly which turned out more brussel sprouts than pork belly. The sprouts were old and bitter. My husband ordered fried chicken which he said was good. I wasn't so lucky. I ordered manicotti that was truly a mess. No one came by during our entire meal to ask how was your meal, ect. We saw what, seemed to be management, going from table to table talking to other guest.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Our dining experiences at Citico's have always been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSuzyDined on 8/21/2014You are created at the door and treated with a combination or being part of the family and royally. Food was delicious. Atmosphere welcoming and friendly. Staff wonderful. Will return here often.Special Features:
- Remarkable chickenLimeydudeDined on 8/16/2014Typically I don't order chicken at a restaurant, but a fresh spin on Southern cuisine sounded interesting. The sweet maple flavor just penetrated the entire meat - mouth-watering delicious. My wife went for the scallops - again outstanding. The salads were fresh and full of flavor, but not drowned in dressing. Attentive staff ensured satisfaction.Special Features:
- If you have ever eaten well.....BankerBrokerDined on 8/15/2014Then this is your spot. Tucked away in a highly amenitized resort community this jewel is everything it claims to be and then some. Ate, drank and enjoyed an evening that passed way too quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but left hungry!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Beautiful setting in the house on the hill. The service was outstanding. The food was very good BUT, we left hungry despite the fact that we had apps, dinner and dessert. We both had the Scallops that were cooked to perfection BUT for $30+ we only received 3 scallops and a little pasta = $10 per scallop!!! After dinner the owner offered us a tour which was a very nice gesture, but then told us we would be having dessert in the basement bar area without asking us if this was OK. I still had a half of glass of wine at our table that I thought we would return to after the tour. The dessert was not good at all, it was a hard overcooked brownie with ice cream. Eating dessert at the basement bar was very uncomfortable and a total turnoff.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!DeltaggirlDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday with a great evening at Citico. The food was fantastic as well as the service. We sat on the screened in porch overlooking Tellico Lake. It was a peaceful perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for a Special EventgrshamDined on 8/2/2014We included this new (open less than 3 weeks) restaurant in our plans for our 45th Wedding Anniversary. Felt like royalty. The staff was friendly and very attentive. They accommodated us with a semi-private dining arrangement while still having a full facility. The food was excellently prepared and presented. The emphasis on locally produced vegetables was an impressive offering. We were very pleased with the entire dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningVolfanDined on 8/1/2014We chose to visit Citico's for our wedding anniversary. Chef Allen and his wife McKenzie were charming and warm, as was the entire staff. Our experience was extremely positive. We enjoyed the view of the sunset on the lake. The food was outstanding and the attention to detail and personalized service was very much appreciated.Special Features:
- Tellico's new jewelElizabeth1Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is a wonderful place to go and celebrate a special occasion. The food and service is excellent. Plan to take you time and enjoy the extra attention that you will receive. Not the place you go to for a quick bite. The location offers great view of Tellico Lake.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting ,excelent food,rojoDined on 7/25/2014service very friendly wine list has too many half bottles but good selection a real gem for this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in ETIliketodineVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great location. Superb service. Terrific food. If you are looking for a date night location on Tellico Lake this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite Place!TKooksDined on 7/18/2014What a fantastic concept...convert a spectacular mansion into a 5 star fine dining restaurant and bed and breakfast! We had such a lovely experience. The food was superb as was the service; the staff was clearly trained very well. The owners Joe and Carol were kind enough to give us a tour of the upstairs, the four master suites are all equally stunning. The garage of the home was transformed into a full restaurant kitchen, and when we asked, Master Chef Robert Allen graciously gave us a tour! Our over all experience was simply outstanding, and we cannot wait to go back. Citico's is just what this side of town needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmatched in East TennesseeallvolfoodDined on 7/16/2014Chief Robert can cook! The experience at Citico's is unlike any other restaurant I have ever been too. From the beginning complementary amuse-bouche to the steamed hand towels at the end of the meal I was blow away. Oh by the way the food is to die for good. Be sure to get there 30 minutes early and go down stairs and grab a drink in lounge (or stay after like we did and played pool and listened to the jukebox). Between the views of the lake, dining in a mansion, the beautiful drive through WindRiver, the unforgettable service and the food, we will be back many times in the future to not only eat at Citico's but they also said Top of the Hill Grill will be open for lunch soon! Truly a 5 star class, experience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Citico's reviews archive.