505 North Lake Shore Drive (Navy Pier)
Lake Point Towers
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.citechicago.com/
- Phone: 3126444050x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Oscar Ornelas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Cite offers a unique venue for all types of private events. Wedding Events, Social Celebrations, Corporate Events.
Weekly fireworks on Wednesday and Saturday nights at Navy Pier
A word from Cite
For over 38 years, Cite has stood 70 stories high as a Chicago institution. The ultimate dining experience features savory menu selections, impeccable service, the romantic SkyLounge, private banquet room and breathtaking views of Chicago's skyline and lakefront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cite reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)romantic (99)special occasion (92)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- It was a special occassionKMacVIPDined on 10/19/2014Celebrating a birthday on our visit. It was a lovely evening from start to finish. Walter was our server and he was fantastic. We both had the Chef's Tasting Menu - everything was delicious. We also had the wine pairings with each taste - very nice!Special Features:
- Fabulous!ShoeAddictMaryDined on 10/18/2014I was taken here by surprise for Sweetest's Day and I absolutely loved it! Everything was simply amazing: drinks, food, ambiance, the view! Everyone should go at least once...it's now one of my favorite places!Special Features:
- Fabulous from Beginning to EndOysterLoverVIPDined on 10/18/2014The view at this 70th floor restaurant is spectacular, the food superb and the service without match. From the greeting at the host station, to the woman who lit our candle to the floor manager (Tim) to our server (Mark) and our helper (Noe), everyone was personable, attentive to our every need and informative. We were fortunate to run into the owner as well who my husband recognized from the web site photo and she could not have been more gracious and kind even though he interrupted her meal to compliment her and all of our attendants. Do not miss this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceLuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014I took my boyfriend to Cité for his birthday dinner and it was fantastic! The view was breath taking and the food was absolutely delicious. Our server was awesome he even ran all the way downstairs to try to catch us with our leftovers that we had forgotten. We will most definitely be going back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Took my wife for our wedding anniversary. Only night out in the last 6 months since we had our triplets and I can't say I'd miss coming here. Service was only good from the bus crew who checked in on us more than our actual waiter. Then the valet staff were extremely rude and ignorant. They yelled at the host who was p had better class service from Carnival than this so called elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingNicEatDined on 10/11/2014The view and the food was amazing. Must try the duck and lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DalialiaDined on 10/8/2014..........................still my favorite!!!.................... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great foodDebbieSDined on 10/5/2014We loved our visit here! The service was pretty good, the food was amazing (all except for the bland cheesecake) and the view was amazing! We will come back for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Dining in the cloudsFood4meDined on 10/1/2014When I made the reservation the staff made note of it and greated my wife and I with a "happy anniversary". The view is amazing. Great place to take that special someone or an out of town guest. We were given bred and a small appetizer compliments of the chief. My wife ordered the filet mignon, which was the tastiest part of the meal. I had the New York strip, which was good but I wish I had ordered the filet. We also ordered the mashed potatoes and asparagus, also vey delicious. Our server was very attentive without being too much. We definantly enjoyed our meal and the staff made Cite the highlight of our night.Special Features:
- Excellent foodmirroroferised7Dined on 9/30/2014This was a great restaurant. They were a bit understaffed when we got there shortly after the restaurant opened. But the view is amazing, and the food was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome View!SamG2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Awesome View 70 stories up looking Southwest toward City and Lake. Atmosphere, service, and food very good. Unfortunately they allowed this extremely intoxicated and vulgar 50 something year old woman and her date in and the was loud and dropping the F bomb constantly! She was so drunk she broke a wine glass with glass everywhere. She argued with the the staff and should have been thrown out. When your spending hundreds of dollars you should not have your night ruined by a drunken vulgar woman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Views but not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was sub-par as we sat for at least 10 minutes with no menu or asked if we want anything to drink or water on the table. When the server did show-up he rushed us and didn't even explain the menu when I told him its our first time here. The steak was also sub-par and nothing to write home about. However the view from up there was worth going for drinks but I will not be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Romance for 2bah1976Dined on 9/27/2014Took my wife to see the sunset over chicago as a "thank you" for putting up with a recent camping trip where we saw the sunrise over the ocean. Perfect view, perfect steak, perfect experience. She said I brought my A A A game... Too pricey for every day, but we'll probably return for a next special occasion.Special Features:
- Great view and foodavictoriaDined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good. The staff was extremely attentive and very friendly. And with the phenomenal view of Chicago it really is quite an experience to dine at Cité.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was outstanding and the view as well. Great place for any type of celebratory occasion! Food was really seasoned well and large portions for a French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic123EatDined on 9/25/2014Will definitely go back when I am in Chicago again. Food was great! Service was great! Get the "Bananas Foster" for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAnonymousDined on 9/22/2014Food- top notch Service- perfect professionals and made my wife and I comfortable and relaxed. Ambiance- how much more romantic can you get with the sun setting over the Chicago skyline. Only down fall was that it's in season for the nats and there were swarms outside the windows (not the restaurants fault obviously). Very happy with the experience and will go back again, plus I've already referred and few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDebbieDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful experience, fantastic view, excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a decor and menu overhaul!AlexMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Let's talk about the views, they are truly spectacular and very romantic!! The decor and the menu falls short, plus our waiter was totally rude and abrupt the entire time!! The owners at Cite needs to take make some management changes and take note of the innovative menu's all around the city of Chicago, as they are miles behind their competitors. I would place Deca from the Ritz-Chicago and Cite on par, they both need major help in the menu and decor departments! At least Deca has great service! The service at we received at Cite was very inconsistent. The bus boy and hostess staff were friendly and professional, but our waiter was so rude, it was comical.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I come here whenever the wife and I want a romantic place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIRD AND LAST TIMEAnneVIPDined on 9/17/2014Having looked forward to our dinner at Cite, we expected it to be a repeat of our dinner there a year ago. In spite of the great view and fairly good food, our evening was very disappointing. Our Mexican waiter spent most of his time at a table of Mexican diners, whom he apparently ranked above us. They, in addition to many others, did not follow the specified dress code and wore jeans and short sleeved shirts. Their attire was in contrast to that of our 8 and 13 year old grandsons, who wore coat and tie. After a 20 minute wait for deserts, we told the manager to cancel that order. He was more pathetic than the waiter. He seemed helpless in knowing what to do. HOWEVER, we do. We shall not return to Cite.
- UnforgetableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014The music was perfect: Nat King Cole, Frank, Adele, Nora Jones... The view was breath taking. The service was great, though it was difficult to prepay for a special bottle of wine. Pork Chop is certainly #1 in the city for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid view, the food not greathampsteadcarrieDined on 9/16/2014The view truly is terrific, and our waiter was very good. I can't understand why the place doesn't invest in a very good chef; the food is mediocre and expensive. A shame.Special Features:
- Unbelievably rude waiterChicagoFoodieDined on 9/13/2014The experience was very nice overall, until we were turned over to a very rude waiter - Ootsi. I guess he was in a hurry leaving, when we said we were still working on our plates.. He said impatiently, "still not finished?" In a few minutes, he came back, without us asking for our check, he literally threw it on our table, "this is your check", as if he was driving us out of the restaurant, without a chance to talk to him, he went away. We told him, we are not ready to leave and have not asked for our check, plus we have a groupon to apply (which we told the restaurant at the time of reservation) He said, "you should have told us u have a groupon", and walked away, again in a rude manner. We sat there in disbelieve. We've never had this tySpecial Features:
- Cite exceeded expectations!SarahDined on 9/12/2014This was a great find. We'd read some mixed reviews and were prepared for poor service and ok food because we wanted that view, but what we got was quite the opposite. First, the view is exceptional no matter where you're sitting. This is reason enough to go. The menu had a little of everything. I had the duck and it was phenomenal. My husband has the ahi appetizer and wagyu steak. He said they were both great. We are both very accustomed to fine dining and this meal was excellent. The service was great. Our waiter was very attentive and the manager came around to check on us. They even provided some options for where to go after dinner. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great Views, excellent for a special occasion with that special someoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014When we arrived the front person was on the phone with a tenant. It took five minutes before she acknowledge our presents and another party. She did apologize but I was surprised that this upscale restaurant was not staff with a maître d. I was a bit disappointed to find out that there was other seating available away from the bar. A group of professionals were seated at the bar drinking and loud conversation. On most nights, this would not be an issue, but I advised the restaurant that my husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary prior to arriving. The entrees were presented well and were delicious. The dessert menu had very heavy desserts. I would have like to see a fruit plate or a fruit tart. Overall, the evening was fair.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This past Saturday we chose your establishment to enjoy an anniversary dinner. We arrived and were seated at a table with an awesome view directly across from the bar. We ordered a cocktail and then shortly made our selections. After soup and salad we ordered a second cocktail and asked for more bread and water, cocktails took over 10 minutes and no bread or water. The bar then became full with customers in shorts and jeans the bar was full and people standing. Once our mains came two young ladies arrived in shorts and obviously knew the staff because then, they were coming out of the woodwork! We still had no bread. Dessert arrived I asked for coffee, we were finished, no coffee. Ten minutes later the coffee came. It was cold!Special Features:
- Other reviews we right onTRock1Dined on 9/4/2014I read other reviews before my husband and I went for our 16th year anniversary and many were right on when they said...that the help was poor. They, or at least our waiter, was not very inviting at all, cold and basically only spoke to the men and again at least our waiter. The food was good but the view was very nice. GO for the veiw oh and the ceviche - it was awesome, very delicious.Special Features:
- CitejavicaponeDined on 9/3/2014Food was great. Hard to find entrance, srvce was great, had lamb and duck. Best duck I ever had....great night overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeBoatingGirlDined on 9/3/2014We visit this restaurant three to four times a year for various special occasions but on this last visit my lobster wasn't enjoyable at all because it was so chewy that I had to cut it into very small pieces. Gotta say I've never experienced this before so I don't know if it was overcooked or just not a good piece. The sauce was bland and presented sparingly so I requested some butter to give it some flavor. I had been looking forward to ordering lobster so I was very disappointed. We mentioned this to the waiter but nothing every came of it. My husband felt bad for me so he shared his Filet Mignon with me. It was tender and cooked medium just the way we liked it. For the hefty price tag this meal wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Of course, the scenic view is incredible. Food is also high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is high end with a reputation for view and romance. We arrived for our anniversary dinner to be seated at a table near an infant. I requested a table change and we were moved to a table near the kitchen and over the rooftop AC. So much for the view. What's with allowing infants? Also, there is no dress code, so customers arrived in shorts and tommy Bahama shirts. This was not what I expected from a high end restaurant. Service was slow from the waiter, although the bussing staff was good. I would not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent Chef's Tasting MenuAllelemanDined on 8/31/2014We went for the view, but were quite surprised by the very high quality of the food on the Chef's Tasting Menu and the wine list was also much better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, amazing views, romantic setting! Very pricey though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentMU2manDined on 8/28/2014I took a consultant to Cite for dinner. This was my first time dining there... it will also be my last. I booked the reservation online and asked for a window table... they seated us along the wall although there were plenty of tables available around the perimeter... "Sorry we forgot." So they up and move us. Then we wait... and wait and wait. The food was mediocre at best if that, but the tab was out of this world. One drink each, a moderately priced entree, one appetizer split, coffee, and one desert split... $250 with tip. This restaurant is "tired" along with the staff and the menu. But in all fairness to the restaurant, I blame myself because I chose to ignore the disappointing reviews and give it a try. Never again.Special Features:
- diner711Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent view. The Escargot Francois was really good as well as the Filet Mignon. Highly recommended place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bestmrtorres09Dined on 8/23/2014Had the best time with my girlfriend great service and best view! Phenomenal Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Actually. Just don't eat here. Period. For a good dining experience go to the signature room at the 95th floor of the Hancock center. Good service. Good food. Enough said.
- Amazing view and delicious foodMrGarroDined on 8/23/2014I had the duck with a side of buttered asparagus, which were perfectly cooked. The flavor was excellent and the view from the restaurant was amazing. I'm not a wine enthusiast, but I did notice they had a vast list of wines. No complaints on this restaurant. They validate your parking ticket (if you park in the building, that is) for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.