505 North Lake Shore Drive (Navy Pier)
Lake Point Towers
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.citechicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 644-4050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Oscar Ornelas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Cite offers a unique venue for all types of private events. Wedding Events, Social Celebrations, Corporate Events.
Weekly fireworks on Wednesday and Saturday nights at Navy Pier
A word from Cite
For over 38 years, Cite has stood 70 stories high as a Chicago institution. The ultimate dining experience features savory menu selections, impeccable service, the romantic SkyLounge, private banquet room and breathtaking views of Chicago's skyline and lakefront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cite reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)romantic (97)special occasion (94)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (32)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (13)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great date night spotCbokayDined on 11/15/2014This place was as lovely as I had expected. The food was delicious and the view was great. Our waiter was super friendly and walked us trough the menu since it was our first time there. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cite- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Cite has a beautiful view and that's where the good stops. The service Was very slow my $60 steak was dry, the lobster bisque soup was the worst i ever had. Spend your money somewhere else. If you want to see a great view of the city go to 103rd floor of the Willis building formally the Sears Tower.Special Features:
- WillieEDined on 11/12/2014Noise level was good...nice and quite. the rating bars above automatically puts in three bars and did not allow it to be changed to a quieter rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No special reason, but......KKISVIPDined on 11/11/2014It was just another evening and we wanted to eat out. Wow! An ordinary evening turned out to be a wonderful and relaxing night. Sevice at Cite was attentive and the food was exquisite. The weather cooperated as the clouds broke and the Chicago lights became a galaxy of stars all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meng1110pcsVIPDined on 11/9/2014I thought I'd give this restaurant another chance but for such a high end place, the food is mediocre at best. Not to mention no effort was given on anything after letting them know we were celebrating a special occasion. Pretty disappointed. I wanted to bring family here when they come and visit to have a great view and "taste" of Chicago but I don't think so.Special Features:
- BisneyVIPDined on 11/9/2014As others have noted. The food and service doesn't warrant the price Cite charges. But the view is spectacular.Special Features:
- Me and my wife loved citeLowinnDined on 11/8/2014Great views of the city service was sweet and they also gave us 2 free glasses of wine .we had a romantic and beautiful time for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the view, slow servicejknottDined on 11/8/2014From the doorman to the hostess to the waitstaff, the service was inviting and professional. They made you feel like a celebrity. When you step off the elevator into the restaurant, the view takes your breath away. My husband had the six course chef's special which could be why we were there for a little over 3 hours. I had the beet salad (excellent) and the seafood risotto. The risotto itself tasted very bland. My husband had the venison and it was excellent. Tasted just like filet mignon. The steak tartare, which my daughter had, was very good as well. The chocolate fondue for dessert was good. I would say go for the view, stay for the view, but the food is really the side dish to the view.Special Features:
- Big disapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014The oysters we ok, filet oscar was good but au gratin potatos completely inedible. Worst of all was the service. I could have probably forgiven the over priced underwhelming food but the waiter so rude and condescending left not just disapointed but down right mad. It's a very nice view, next time I will go for a cocktail but never eat there again.Special Features:
- DisappointedRLHCPADined on 11/7/2014Wonderful view but the food was not very good. Certainly not worth the price. Too bad because the staff tried their best but cannot overcome the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- the ambiance was incredibledineinfortoDined on 11/1/2014Very impressive.. will be going back again...incredible viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to eatRonGDined on 11/1/2014View is amazing, professional wait staff. It took 20 minutes to get a waiter for a drink order, but from what I understand there was a miscommunication between our waiter and the hostess who seated us. He took air drink orders and upon returning with said drinks outr for order. he was very good at pairing wine withe each of our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It should be betterLK2013VIPDined on 11/1/2014The view is great if you are seated on the city side. The food was good. It's very pricey. I'd say the price could be worth it if they could somehow make it feel like an actual high end place instead of a place just trying to look that way. There is just something about it that feels unsophisticated.
- Hugely DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was a disappointing experience; we were taking our friends out for a Birthday dinner and having the food plopped down with no grace or thought was less than celebratory. Our dinners were served wrong, we had to switch over the table and the server just shrugged his shoulders. We ate our entire desserts before coffee was served after 2 requests. soup was not hot nor was the coffee - Sloppy serving, poor service - would not recommend this restaurant to anyone...Special Features:
- notsoezeitzsoezeDined on 11/1/2014Expected better, all food items were bland. Mine and the beautiful...Special Features:
- Hard to fix poor serviceOakEDined on 10/26/2014OpenTable was great for allowing me to book the 7:00pm table on a Sunday night during Sunday afternoon. Thank you. But about as good as the service got. We arrived at the 70th floor to the hostess station, we quickly found my reservation in the system and proceeded immediately through the restaurant to a table. She stops at a point, turns, and says, "I want to give you my favorite table. Can you wait at the bar for it to be ready?" Thinking it was a good thing, we agreed. 20 minutes and 2 excuses later, it wasn't such a good deal. It was drafty and a partially blocked view. The waiter mistook "petite filet mignon" for "petite steak diane", we are still not sure how. Another 20 minutes lost as my halibut cooled and my date hungered.Special Features:
- great view questionable servicelooking4theperfectIPADined on 10/25/2014Went to cite for the second time and can't say the experience was memorable by any stretch. The view is absolutely gorgeous and the hosting staff were very friendly, but the wait staff and service was very poor. Tried to purchase a half bottle of wine and waiter came out to tell me they were out of and he told me he would sell me two glasses of more expensive wine. How is that accommodating??Also I never felt so rushed by a restaurant! We sat at the table slowly finishing dinner and enjoying conversation and the view and we were asked 6 times if we were done when we clearly were not and there were also plenty of open tables. Looking for a unique view this is the place but I would recommend having a drink at the bar and skip dinner!Special Features:
- Needs new managmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014When we first got there we were seated by two obese young ladies. I have nothing against overweight people but they did not fit the atmosphere of the restaurant. Then we were seated and it took about 10 minutes for us to get the menu. We asked if we could change seats and that seemed to create a large hassle for them. Then when we we changed seats we finally got our menus. The server was aged around 40 and was not friendly at all. I've had better servers at the cheese cake factory every time. We asked him to recommend something and asked him about a certain dish and all he said its good. Then when we finally recieved my steak it was lukewarm. I hardly ate it and asked for a check and left. Plus the place was very cold. Will never go backSpecial Features:
- tacoDined on 10/25/2014This was my first time at cite and I loved it. Service was okay but food was amazing. Everything we ordered from the beginning till the end was great. I think the chef has magic fingers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Unfortunately while the view is great, the food quite good, the service was lackingSpecial Features:
- It was a special occassionKMacVIPDined on 10/19/2014Celebrating a birthday on our visit. It was a lovely evening from start to finish. Walter was our server and he was fantastic. We both had the Chef's Tasting Menu - everything was delicious. We also had the wine pairings with each taste - very nice!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ShoeAddictMaryDined on 10/18/2014I was taken here by surprise for Sweetest's Day and I absolutely loved it! Everything was simply amazing: drinks, food, ambiance, the view! Everyone should go at least once...it's now one of my favorite places!Special Features:
- Fabulous from Beginning to EndOysterLoverVIPDined on 10/18/2014The view at this 70th floor restaurant is spectacular, the food superb and the service without match. From the greeting at the host station, to the woman who lit our candle to the floor manager (Tim) to our server (Mark) and our helper (Noe), everyone was personable, attentive to our every need and informative. We were fortunate to run into the owner as well who my husband recognized from the web site photo and she could not have been more gracious and kind even though he interrupted her meal to compliment her and all of our attendants. Do not miss this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceLuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014I took my boyfriend to Cité for his birthday dinner and it was fantastic! The view was breath taking and the food was absolutely delicious. Our server was awesome he even ran all the way downstairs to try to catch us with our leftovers that we had forgotten. We will most definitely be going back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Took my wife for our wedding anniversary. Only night out in the last 6 months since we had our triplets and I can't say I'd miss coming here. Service was only good from the bus crew who checked in on us more than our actual waiter. Then the valet staff were extremely rude and ignorant. They yelled at the host who was p had better class service from Carnival than this so called elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingNicEatDined on 10/11/2014The view and the food was amazing. Must try the duck and lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DalialiaDined on 10/8/2014..........................still my favorite!!!.................... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great foodDebbieSDined on 10/5/2014We loved our visit here! The service was pretty good, the food was amazing (all except for the bland cheesecake) and the view was amazing! We will come back for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Dining in the cloudsFood4meDined on 10/1/2014When I made the reservation the staff made note of it and greated my wife and I with a "happy anniversary". The view is amazing. Great place to take that special someone or an out of town guest. We were given bred and a small appetizer compliments of the chief. My wife ordered the filet mignon, which was the tastiest part of the meal. I had the New York strip, which was good but I wish I had ordered the filet. We also ordered the mashed potatoes and asparagus, also vey delicious. Our server was very attentive without being too much. We definantly enjoyed our meal and the staff made Cite the highlight of our night.Special Features:
- Excellent foodmirroroferised7Dined on 9/30/2014This was a great restaurant. They were a bit understaffed when we got there shortly after the restaurant opened. But the view is amazing, and the food was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome View!SamG2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Awesome View 70 stories up looking Southwest toward City and Lake. Atmosphere, service, and food very good. Unfortunately they allowed this extremely intoxicated and vulgar 50 something year old woman and her date in and the was loud and dropping the F bomb constantly! She was so drunk she broke a wine glass with glass everywhere. She argued with the the staff and should have been thrown out. When your spending hundreds of dollars you should not have your night ruined by a drunken vulgar woman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Views but not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was sub-par as we sat for at least 10 minutes with no menu or asked if we want anything to drink or water on the table. When the server did show-up he rushed us and didn't even explain the menu when I told him its our first time here. The steak was also sub-par and nothing to write home about. However the view from up there was worth going for drinks but I will not be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Romance for 2bah1976Dined on 9/27/2014Took my wife to see the sunset over chicago as a "thank you" for putting up with a recent camping trip where we saw the sunrise over the ocean. Perfect view, perfect steak, perfect experience. She said I brought my A A A game... Too pricey for every day, but we'll probably return for a next special occasion.Special Features:
- Great view and foodavictoriaDined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good. The staff was extremely attentive and very friendly. And with the phenomenal view of Chicago it really is quite an experience to dine at Cité.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was outstanding and the view as well. Great place for any type of celebratory occasion! Food was really seasoned well and large portions for a French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic123EatDined on 9/25/2014Will definitely go back when I am in Chicago again. Food was great! Service was great! Get the "Bananas Foster" for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAnonymousDined on 9/22/2014Food- top notch Service- perfect professionals and made my wife and I comfortable and relaxed. Ambiance- how much more romantic can you get with the sun setting over the Chicago skyline. Only down fall was that it's in season for the nats and there were swarms outside the windows (not the restaurants fault obviously). Very happy with the experience and will go back again, plus I've already referred and few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDebbieDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful experience, fantastic view, excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a decor and menu overhaul!AlexMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Let's talk about the views, they are truly spectacular and very romantic!! The decor and the menu falls short, plus our waiter was totally rude and abrupt the entire time!! The owners at Cite needs to take make some management changes and take note of the innovative menu's all around the city of Chicago, as they are miles behind their competitors. I would place Deca from the Ritz-Chicago and Cite on par, they both need major help in the menu and decor departments! At least Deca has great service! The service at we received at Cite was very inconsistent. The bus boy and hostess staff were friendly and professional, but our waiter was so rude, it was comical.Special Features: