Ciro's Speakeasy and Supper Club
2109 Bayshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ciro's Speakeasy and Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cirostampa.com/
- Phone: 8132510022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday:5:00pm - 3:00am, 6:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 6:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Santagati 8132510022x
A word from Ciro's Speakeasy and Supper Club
Enter an underground world of beaded curtains, fresh cocktails, and decadent food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ciro's Speakeasy and Supper Club - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Ciro's Speakeasy and Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (64)special occasion (49)late-night find (47)fit for foodies (31)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (27)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Perfect date night venueSirenLady85Dined on 9/16/2014This was a perfect find for my visit to Tampa. Love the drinks, good, and ambience. Service was good. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereDeeBeeDined on 9/14/2014Cool concept and great atmosphere. A fun experience for a date night or out with a few friends!Special Features:
- Unique and impressiveBeuttoxDined on 9/13/2014Great place if you're looking for something new than the ordinary bar scene. Awesome cocktails. Melissa the waitress knew all the drinks and we tried all that she recommended, all were fabulous! Will def go back and try someone cocktails and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun, but waited, and waited..ShellZDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience overall despite the way our evening began. My group of 8 had a 7:00 reservation, but we were seated around 8:00. The group before us did not want to leave and would not abide by the 2 hour table limit. There is really no place to wait inside, as it is very small. The staff kept us updated, and brought us 2 complementary orders of truffle popcorn once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very specificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I had some high expectations I gather because it was not at all what I was expecting. It was too dark, cramped and the drinks were way too strong. I will not go back and I wouldn't recommend it. I think it is a very specific person that is attracted to this place. A single, well kept, man!! Hated it!!1Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I've heard from a few friend that Ciro's was a unique dining experience and it was. I wasn't disappointed. The wait staff was outstanding and the food was very good. I will definitely go back to try other items on the menu!! Would like to see the wait staff dress in era clothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too good to shareautroncosoDined on 9/7/2014This spot can be such a little haven I thought twice about sharing this cosy little find but it's too good not to share and let your friends know that artisan drink and semi-private booths are available here. Password is required for entry and semi- formal at the least is a must. You can go casual as long as you don't go with a baseball cap as I was explained the rules. This is of course a theme bar and they do a good job from the music to the entry way of making you feel as if you were transported back in time minus the fear of arrest or prohibition era gang violence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveAlbarobDined on 9/7/2014Great food and drinks but too expensive. $23.00 for 3 scallops.... Portions are Tapas size.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedFineDineFellaDined on 8/30/2014Came in with high expectations and left disappointed. They sat our party of 4 in the bar area. The seats were incredibly uncomfortable and the table was really wabely and awkward to sit at. I had made reservations a week before so I asked to be switched to a different table for above reasons. They said that it was impossible since all tables were already taken even though I could see plenty of empty ones. Later another party of four came in and sat on the table next to us, they complained about the same thing and got to switch.... Server forgot about usf or a good half an hour. The place was filled with nats to the point that some just flew into our food. Atleast the food wasn't bad. Just very small portions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014awesome food and drinks, cool atmosphere, very knowledgable serviceSpecial Features:
- Great date night!yummyyummysauceDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I had an overall great experience at Ciro's. Our server was knowledgeable about the food and drink menu, and everything was delicious. We loved the atmosphere and it was nice having our own private booth, since we don't get many nights out alone (having 2 little ones). The only negative I can say is that we were told to pull up to a mandatory valet area, but when we got there we kept driving and looking around the building but there was no valet to be found. We finally called the restaurant and they said "Oh yeah, just park anywhere, the valet is off tonight". Just a little inconvenient with the disorganization but all in all we had a great time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny place with big atmosphereRevLindsayDined on 8/22/2014I was surprised at how tiny Ciro's was when I walked in but it was big on atmosphere for sure. The place was buzzing. Our booth was very private and had a cool sexy vibe. The drinks were strong and delicious. The food was flavorful. Our waiter was very helpful in choosing great cocktails. I'd definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind experienceFinnsterDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I and another couple we are friends with went to Ciro's this past Friday night and it was an absolute blast! The atmosphere as exactly what you would hope to find in a place trying to capture the vibe of the prohibition speakeasy, the private booths were charming and intimate, the service was spot on and the food and drink were to die for. Definitely try the duck fries, they were so good we ended up ordering more. The steak Tartar was a culinary delight. Honestly, everything we are was fantastic. The cocktails were delightful as well. Premium ingredients, everything made fresh and from scratch - best in town for sure. Definitely a place anyone who enjoys good good, drink and fun should check out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy PlaceNewlyd8ingDined on 8/15/2014Such an awesome place to go for something different and unique. Incredible fresh drinks and outstanding ambiance. A great romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom BTomBDined on 8/9/2014I was truly not sure what to expect but this throwback style of drinking/dining was exemplary. I do not wish to spoil it for others that might wish to stop by...but take your significant other at least once while you are in Tampa ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UnimpressedAlexDined on 8/9/2014Dissapointing from the reviews we'd read. Food was decent but very overpriced ($21 for 3 scallops on a bed of lettuce with chopped tomato) Tables are ridiculously small and I get that's part of the "experience" but when you're paying $100 avg. ticket price for a couple you don't want to feel like you're eating off a TV dinner tray! No room to eat made it uncomfortable and awkward. The rooms were very tiny and private to the point of feeling completely cut off from all human contact. Would not recommend and would not go back.Special Features:
- Awesome spot if you can get a boothiheartyoursmileDined on 8/8/2014We'd been to Ciro's before and were lucky enough to get a booth. The private booth made it more intimate and less susceptible to the loud noises from the main area. This time we sat in the main area and could barely hear each other speak. Additionally if you can get a booth the service seems a lot better. While out in the main area getting our food in a timely manner wasn't too bad after putting in our order but being able to grab our waitress to actually order food and drinks was especially frustrating but I guess it wasn't her fault. There didn't seem like there were many servers on that busy Friday night. Go during the week and get a booth if you want the best experience. Oh and ask for recommended cocktails not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayLePejDined on 7/31/2014I took my friend and his girlfriend there for his birthday and had a great experience with the craft drinks and ordered all the food items on the menu and everything was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciro's or Friday's?TPA716Dined on 7/30/2014Didn't have a booth available that we were confirmed for and we were never asked to move to it once they had a number of them available like the hostess said she would. This is probably because the hostess appeared to be drunk or on something. At one point our party looked over at her near the front door and she was spinning around under her cell phone singing to herself. A few minutes later she was using her head band as a visor while mumbling to herself and stumbling around. Our server was very knowledgeable and did a great job but the majority of the other employees were acting like they were working at a Friday's or a Chili's not an upscale place.Special Features:
- Typical South Tampa place...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I expected a show, got a bunch of people running around.... This NOT a speakeasy. They might have started out that way when they first opened, but now its just chaos. I had to knock 4 times to get someone to answer the door. At any time, there were at least 6 different people checking on us, which continually broke up conversation. The crab cakes were awful, too much lemon juice or zest. They were taken off the bill but left a nasty aftertaste. The drinks were super good, worth the money. But for my birthday, I expected something better than a typical Saturday night in south Tampa. I could have gone to 10 other restaurants for the same atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delivered as promised !CDMontrealDined on 7/26/2014We have heard a lot about Ciro's and had high expectations of the vibe, food, drinks, and overall experience. While I could go on and on about it I'll keep it simple. Our sever Katie was awesome and I would ask for her. Make a reservation at least a week in advance, it books quick. Dress pretty hip to blend in. It was great that a venue delivered as promised if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to beSecretLuvThingDined on 7/25/2014The atmosphere is really sexy. Great drinks... Nice vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereAlexDined on 7/25/2014Very fun speakeasy. If yo are dining for two, reserve with a note for a booth or you may sot close to the bar which is fun but a little noisy. Great drinks and tasty food. If you are at the bar, enjoy the experience as the bartenders display skills on another level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...KJsOpenReviewDined on 7/24/2014I was expecting the "old" Ciro's... Came with no phone call after a reservation, arrived to no valet, no parking, limited menu, barely saw our server, over priced, limited menu but still had great drinks, they just took 20 minutes. I LOVED Ciro's a few months ago! I wonder what happened...?
- DecliningNikkiDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Ciro's on two other occasions and was very pleased with the service and food. This time, however, I was disappointed. First, there was no valet service. This was on a Thursday night, which I would assume is when things start picking up there during the week. In South Tampa, valet service is imperative considering the limited parking. After being seated it took our waiter about 20 minutes to return with my drink and some waters. Next bad mark came when my duck fries arrived cold. I realize this is a busy bar/night spot and not a top tier fine dining restaurant. However I feel the service we received was very lacking compared to what I've experienced in the past. I probably won't be returning.Special Features:
- Needs improvementOpenmindedDined on 7/19/2014The music for this establishment should obviously be of the era of Speakeasies, not R&B or hip-hop. As soon as reservations are made the "password" should be given, so you don't have to hope to get and receive a call that may never come. Having a limited menu may not be a bad idea, but it should definately include at least a couple standard fares (i.e. steak or seafood platter) We had to go eat at a real restaraunt after our visit to Ciro's. All staff should be well knowledgeable and accomidating towards guests. Being our second trip here and the first time we had a gentleman server that was phenominal, second time a girl with no clue. The lamb was enemic and tasted like roast beef :( The drinks are good however.
- Reservations not met!lkandradeDined on 7/12/2014We made reservations for July 12th at 7:30 pm almost a month in advance. We had friends traveling from out of town that also booked a hotel room. We were all very excited about visiting Ciro's. Needless to say almost an hour and a half after our reservation time we were being seated for dinner. This was a VERY disappointing experience for me and my friends that traveled from Orlando. But most importantly for us being locals and have visited Ciro's prior to recommending Ciro's to our friends. Upon leaving we were offered a few drinks tickets which doesn't even come close to what we spent planning our dinner around your establishment. I would truly hope that someone would contact me regarding my concern so that we could possibly revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cocktails and serviceBeautifulVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very good experience, we opted not to order food because the last time we dined at ciro's the food was pricey and portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeThebigdinerDined on 7/2/2014If you want something different this is your place. Food was good give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great!tsrsDined on 6/29/2014The staff were friendly and knew the menu well. We loved the food. Drinks were carefully crafted. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciro'sVirginia9Dined on 6/28/2014I would recommend Ciro's for everyone at least once. The cocktails were great, food very good (Beef sliders and cheese fondue), and atmosphere was interesting. I think the bar for cocktails could be good for regulars. The Speakeasy theme was pretty neat with curtained booths and low light, but not all the time.Special Features:
- Don't miss!!!JRluvsbacon79Dined on 6/26/2014I went w my husband and a few friends for my b-day, 6 of us total. Food was absolutely amazing!!!! We had fondue, oysters, scallops, stuffed shrimp, popcorn, French fries... All EXCELLENT!!!! Drinks were strong!!! But great!! Can't wait to go back!!!! Service could have been a little better. Plan to wait a little bit for a drink; Also, dont plan on any one being dressed in real 20's attire. Still a must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nightsoutDined on 6/20/2014Waited a while even with reservation... otherwise staff was nice & friendly, food was great and the drinks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciro's: don't go in expecting muchplymouthginDined on 6/18/2014Valet: $5, park yourself... Seating: Right by the service curtain, which was open most of the time - making for a less than private occasion Truffle Popcorn: $8, surprisingly the only memory Menu: Not "old" or "vintage", but unreadable print outs like they were received on a fax machine Drinks: Forgettable, 2 drinks for 2 people served 20 minutes apart from each other. Service: Gave a brief history of each drink we ordered, which was thoughtful - Thank you PatrickSpecial Features:
- Good drinks and food,needs cleaningluvlucyDined on 6/18/2014Cool place for something different. Unfortunately the restaurant could use a major cleaning. There was a smell of wet carpet that hit you immediately when walking in the restaurant. The booths felt damp inside and had leftover food stuck between the cracks of the seats. Drinks were fresh and liked the different option. The food was good and popcorn was awesome but $9 for such a tiny basket is a little ridiculous! Would recommend to friends for after dinner drinks at the bar as the wet, dirty booth wasn't very appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.AngieDined on 6/17/2014While on vacation I was researching restaurants to find a new place & came across Ciro's; instantly excited it was a Speakeasy. After reading reviews the only negative comments regard slow service.I can't imagine a more opposing experience.We fell in love with the environment,private booths,lighting, & decor. The atmosphere was quiet & comfortable. Our server,Melissa was awesome! She made drink & menu recommendations,quick with orders, friendly, and always checking back.We have been to Speakeasy venues focused on crafting unique drink menu's & understand the work behind it.The food was some of the best we have ever had. The duck fries and scallops were amazing.Great drink menu.We both were very impressed with the restaurant as a whole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinksNinaisuDined on 6/14/2014Not thrilled with the food though the duck was good. The best part was the 20's-era drinks. I wish there was a main dining area because we felt cut off from any action in the private booths. Also, you would expect live band or at least jazz for background music but instead it's club music.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!BrittDined on 6/13/2014We went to Ciro's on a Friday night, and had reservations for 10pm. Finding the place wasn't as difficult as I expected thanks to Google Maps. We valet parked out of convenience, which was appreciated, and walking through the little courtyard to the front door set the scene before we were even inside! From the time we got out of the car to the time we left, we had an amazing experience. The ambiance is fantastic. We hit the bar first and marveled at the expanse of the drink list. The drinks we had (Flappers Delight and South of the Border) were AMAZING. Food and service were the best we had ever experienced. Everything on the menu that we tried (which was quite a bit) we just couldnt get enough of. We will definitely be returning to Ciro's.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsKatieMacDined on 6/13/2014We went to Ciro's with a group of 6 for my birthday. It was great for a party that size (I'd say 4-6 people.) We had our own private booth, so it was a good environment to have good conversation and experience it with others. They say the serving portions are 'larger than tapas and smaller than dinner.' I would say they are tapas-size, so don't expect to go there for a large dinner, but the food was amazing. Very flavorful and unique. The cocktails were, of course, the best part. I had the Bees Knees (Gin) and it was the best cocktail I've had in a long time. Great for late night, special occasion, and romantic/unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSaltylimeyDined on 6/12/2014Slow service, average-tasting but expensive food, dark and dingy surroundings. Plenty of better places to go in Tampa. Give this one a miss.