Circles Waterfront Dining
1212 Apollo Beach Blvd.
Apollo Beach, FL 33572Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Circles Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://circleswaterfront.com/
- Phone: 8136413275x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30 am to 9:00 pm.
Friday - Saturday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Our Tiki Hut offers live entertainment Thursday through Sunday.
A word from Circles Waterfront Dining
With a fantastic view of the water and superb cuisine, Circles Waterfront is the perfect place to have a quiet dinner, celebrate a special occasion or have lunch. Our outstanding culinary staff is pleased to offer a delectable variety of dinner entrees, salads, appetizers, and housemade deserts. Our Tiki Hut offers live Entertainment is available Thursday-SundayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Circles Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Apollo Beach ›
Circles Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)scenic view (45)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (24)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (7)Show More
- What You Move to Florida ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We relocated to the Tampa area just 7 days ago for a work transfer from Colorado. One of our first nights of exploration included dinner at Circles. We both had steak and it was perfectly prepared with fresh vegetables and creamy garlic mashed potatoes. Bonus, the chef prepared 2 jumbo shrimp for us that were lemon and butter heaven. The beautiful outdoor dining, surrounded by palm trees, water and an incredible view of the sunset made us feel like we were on vacation. We had to remind ourselves "Oh yeah, we live here now!" It's the kind of dining experience you move to Florida for.Special Features:
- A bit surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The occasion for choosing CIRCLES was for my wife's birthday. We "thought" reservations were needed, the earliest was 1830; we were early and seated at a group of empty tables in an area outdoors akin to being next to kitchen door. Our meals were very good; lack of presentation, sort of "piled" onto the plate but too much food. Service was good, but after main course served, the next time we saw our waiter was for the bill. After what I thought was an inordinate waiting time, I went to the desk to pay (in cash) and learned the transaction had to be done by our waiter. After a wait, he came to the front desk to finish the transaction. A good meal, but not for the price that was charged; soup/ salad prices ok. Maybe sunset next time.Special Features:
- mind blowing!!!!ragingdramatistDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time to Circles and it was amazing. From the beautiful outdoor seating. To the great music, and the incredible food. This place is a home run!!! I will be coming back frequently my new go to spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!WillDined on 10/17/2014Have a home in Apollo Beach. Circles is very convenient and all aspects of the restaurant are wonderful. This is the first time I used the reservation service, as we had a large group. Normaly, with the two of us, we walk in and are seated right away.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Lunch Before Twins Birth4bobebutlerDined on 10/7/2014I emailed and was confirmed lunch seating time This a final lunch together with my Daughter expecting Twins ! The setting was clean, open and inviting Everyone smiled and said hello The menu offered some delicious options Thank you for the great meal and for your inviting hospitality Our Waiter B.Frank was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFoodieinFLDined on 10/4/2014The food is always very good, the view is gorgeous when sitting outside (inside isn't bad either) and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was good, service was good. The metal chairs in the patio though were very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Back again..and againRPDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've been coming to Circles since 2006. My wife had the grouper sandwich and I the coral reef linguini. Both were attractively presented, delicious and, in the case of the linguini, with generous amounts of shrimp and scallops. We would have loved dessert, but after an appetizer of their wonderful version of oysters Rockfeller and the ample portions of the main dishes, we just didn't have room. Maybe next time, as we've enjoyed their desserts before.Special Features:
- always as usual EXCELLENT!Dave1229Dined on 9/25/2014Our inlaws has been taking us there for years. Their food is Always Excellent. Quality never dissapoints us no matter what we choose on the menu.Special Features:
- BreathtakingManiDined on 9/20/2014As usual Circles is outstanding. The scenic view at sunset is magnificent. We went with friends and it was a delight to share this with them.Special Features:
- Noteworthy Neighborhood GemTonyDined on 9/11/2014This was our first dining experience since moving from San Diego. We wanted to find a nice upscale neighborhood dining experience. We were seated immediately with a water/marina view. Our waitress arrived promptly and her service was excellent. We had an appetizer, salad, and entree. I chose the egg rolls while my wife chose the grouper bites. Both were very good. The egg rolls were not only huge but delicious, some of the best I have ever tasted. I also had a small Greek salad, which was also excellent. For entrees, I chose the stuffed grouper with crabmeat and my wife had the eggplant. Both were very good. Portions were large, we both enjoyed eggplant for lunch the next day. Highly recommend if you live in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Circles dining experienceluv2eatoutDined on 9/6/2014Our family goes to eat at Circles at least 2 times a month sometimes more. Sometimes it can be a bit loud if they have alot of large parties. It is Apollo Beaches best restaurant. Our server was Brandy and she was awesome. My husband drinks alot of water or tea or beer and she kept his glasses full at all times and our food came out very fast. The view is always so beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting or in the area!!!Special Features:
- Horrible Dining Experience!MrjtmooreDined on 8/23/2014Our party of four took the latest reservation available on opentable (9:30). We requested outdoor seating, and were initially seated at black iron outdoor type tables. When we went back to the reception area to have our place settings relocated nicer wooden tables, a server assumed we had just arrived. In a very nasty tone we were told that the kitchen was closed. It was not until it was clarified that we had already been seated that she tried to change her statement about the status of the kitchen. She was even confronted by another employee who was confused as to why she would lie about the status of the kitchen. Aside from the initial incident, both the service and quality of food were exceptional. Our server was amazing!Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 8/23/2014It took about 20 minutes before our server came to our table. I even stopped a bus boy to ask if he knew whom our waiter was. Once he finally showed up everything was great and he was prompt and courteous and outright redeemed himself. Food was really good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOldGnomeDined on 8/22/2014The pair in front of us was seeking a table outside and were told it was an hour wait. I was very glad we had made a reservation and prefer eating inside. The food was outstanding. We had the Grouper Bites as an appetizer, which came to the table extremely hot and very well prepared. The house tartar sauce and cocktail sauce were both seasoned and spiced just right. We had side salads that were full of fresh veggies. My wife ordered the Grouper & Seafood Princess and she really enjoyed it. I ordered the Crispy Asian Duck. I asked for the chef to tone down the spiciness to "medium" and they really delivered. Next time, we'll leave room for dessert.Special Features:
- Love the viewToledoRobDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I love to go here on our date nights. The waterfront views are great. The specials change nightly and are always delicious. My wife loves their steaks. I enjoy the seafood and a cold beer.. It's always a relaxing night out at Circles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS ENJOYABLESAVORYVIPDined on 8/21/2014WE ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH CIRCLES. -WHETHER WE ARE MEETING OUR FRIENDS, BRINGING FRIENDS, OR JUST DINING ALONE, MY WIFE AND I REALLY ENJOY DINING HERE.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationDemrDined on 8/17/2014We had a birthday celebration for my husband here recently. We had requested the semi private space which they had waiting for us. The service and the food were excellent. Several of our guests went with the special - it was fabulous as well as substantial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently a great restaurant! Great scenery and great wait staff. The food is always fantastic!Special Features:
- second time herezgarsamDined on 8/2/2014my wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner - food was very good and we moved on to the outside tiki area for live music and sunset drinks - our waitress seemed a bit inexperienced, but very nice, no big deal - i think their food is best in area hands down - awesome place for group or a special celebration - great marina settingSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemDahottestGlamMaDined on 7/31/2014We have been here a few times and never been disappointed. Not even when there was a wait. The view of the bay, outdoor bar and live entertainment kept things interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the area by far!!TNMENDined on 7/28/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant but while I was in the area I visited Circle's twice. Great food and a very friendly staff from the time you entered till your exit. Loved the Fish sandwich and the portion was HUGE!!!!! This is a must visit while in the area by far. I will be back for my next visit!! I'm told that if you plan to visit on the weekends that reservations are a must. Beautiful outside dining with a great view of the harbor. Kids would love to look at the boats and water I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMJCEMTPVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were excellent. It is always a pleasure to visit Circles in Apollo Beach. The view of the water is always a plus.Special Features:
- Stuck in a 90's Rut and Clean MeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014Went on a Wednesday night as I did not cook dinner and it is close by. Seated in the dining room by the window, always nice view. Would sit outside, but the metal open mesh tables chairs are uncomfortable and condensation from your glass drips on you. I wanted a glass of wine, but all the better wines are by bottle only in every category - not cool.. Ordered entrees only, from the same menu we have seen in the last 8 years. Only changes are price if they can do that, please make a new menu. The signature fried shrimp was good as well as my husbands MR strip steak. Please retire the orchid on plate, frozen veggie, large servings in bowls. They need a consultant for menu, as well as cleaning - filthy! Back to Tampa for dining.Special Features:
- Bring ear plugsCLIFFLMTDined on 7/12/2014A great view and Lu provided superb service. The duck, grouper and steaks were all top notch. The wine choices were decent if not extensive and fairly reasonably priced. Unfortunately the experience was a bit disappointing since we could barely converse with the others in our party due to the noise. I've never been in an outside dining venue as noisy as this one and inside was even noisier! We'll definitely return, but probably not on a weekend evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014We love dining outside with a view of the water and marina. Sitting on the patio under the cover is comfortable even on a hot day. Monday night prime rib is always terrific. Circles has something for everyone a tiki bar, sports bar, fine dining and outdoor seating. The food and service are consistently good. Definitely a nice place to go.Special Features:
- DiningoutDined on 7/10/2014The food is always outstanding. I have been dining here for years and I have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at CirclesKatham3Dined on 7/5/2014Everyone in our party of 4 enjoyed their dinner. 3 out of 4 ordered seafood and one ordered beef and they were all excellent. The service was very good as well. The one glitch was that when we came in we were told that Open Table reservations were all outside reservations. In the heat of the summer, that maybe a problem. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated for an air-conditioned spot. So specify indoor reservations if that is what you want when you make the reservation under special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManiDined on 6/28/2014Circles was an awesome place to dine on a Saturday night. Couldn't really see the sunset through the trees but the dockside views and nighttime sky were wonderful. The food was fantastic and the wait staff were attentive and fun and engaging. Eclectic crowd. Felt at home here in shorts and a polo or dressed up for a night out. This is definitely on our list of places to take visiting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Circles Waterfront Dining reviews archive.
- PriceykeswickgirlDined on 6/26/2014It seemed like their prices went up. Getting out of range except for special occasion dinners. Too bad, because it's a lovely setting that I always enjoyed when more affordable. Won't be back any time soon.Special Features:
- fathers day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoy circles monthly. Lunch or dinner is always delicious. We celebrated father's day and the food was delicious and Aaron our server was great! Had the special. Sweet potato dish was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great bar.chriscurranDined on 6/12/2014The food was over-the-top fantastic. The bar, well, it needs help.
- CirclesDinegoaltenderDined on 6/12/2014Food was good, nothing outstanding. Plates are large enough to bring home left overs as my wife couldn't finish hers. Thought it a bit strange that dogs were allowed in the beach bar and outdoor dining areas. These were not Assistance dogs!
- Outstanding!chriscurranDined on 5/30/2014Best restaurant experience we've had in a long time. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine dining experienceVLsunbirdDined on 5/29/2014Good Food, well prepared and presented. Generous portions. The water/marina view is very nice. Our waitress was well informed and accommodating to special requests. Fine dining in a casual atmosphere. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It gets loud after 8:30 pmrandomdineDined on 5/23/2014With the bar being right there and the nights getting warmer there is just a lot going on later in the evening. If you are looking for quiet and easy going get a table inside.Special Features:
- Dinner on a Friday night . ..theblondeDined on 5/23/2014We had a great time. Food was excellent. We had 5 at the table, and it was difficult to hear conversations across the table---conversation at other tables and band were an obstacle for some. Price on a Friday night was at the upper end of their advertised range. But we had drinks, dinner, and after dinner drinks. Waiter was efficient. Lots of left-overs to bring homes.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedBlackTieDined on 5/18/2014The service on Sunday evening was appropriately attentive and water glasses were kept full (a big plus in my book), but the food took a long time to appear. When it did, it was underwhelming. While the seasoning hit the right notes, the "seared" tuna was overcooked and the accompanying veggies were, too. The lemon shrimp/chicken pasta dish did not justify the price. Of course, the Lobster Bisque was marvelous, as always. For the value and the distance from Tampa, I will look elsewhere for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Food was good. Service was not. Despite having a reservation we were seated in a corner and forgotten about. It appeared that the hostess didn't communicate to the server that she had a table to serve and the server was not vigilant about checking because she never came around until another server graciously went and got her for us.Special Features:
- Circles .... nothing but WOW!didjaeatout2niteDined on 5/10/2014Made dinner reservations to celebrate Mother's Day on the eve before with just my bride of 40+ yrs. Asked for a special table if avail at a special time. We got delayed by traffic and were almost 10 minutes late and the place was packed, they completely accommodated us anyhow. The food was fantastic - my bride had scallops ... never have I seen so large and so perfectly prepared, I had the shrimp parmesan - exquisite and an enormous portion I could not finish - I never have a need for a doggie bag - did that night! Oh, did I mention, our server, Frank, is perhaps the best on the entire gulf coast. We have had the pleasure of his service in Brandon for a number of years and are thrilled he is a fixture at Circles.. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.