Circles Waterfront Dining
1212 Apollo Beach Blvd.
Apollo Beach, FL 33572Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Circles Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://circleswaterfront.com/
- Phone: (813) 641-3275
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30 am to 9:00 pm.
Friday - Saturday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Our Tiki Hut offers live entertainment Thursday through Sunday.
A word from Circles Waterfront Dining
With a fantastic view of the water and superb cuisine, Circles Waterfront is the perfect place to have a quiet dinner, celebrate a special occasion or have lunch. Our outstanding culinary staff is pleased to offer a delectable variety of dinner entrees, salads, appetizers, and housemade deserts. Our Tiki Hut offers live Entertainment is available Thursday-SundayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Circles Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Apollo Beach ›
Circles Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)scenic view (45)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)romantic (24)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Just OKVinoluvDined on 11/15/2014I have to say I was highly disappointed with my visit. The services was below my expectations for what a appears, to be on the surface, a very nice restaurant. It took the server almost 20 minutes to find clean glasses just to get us water and then when we needed refills she couldn't find the water pitcher. What was their only one water pitcher in the entire restaurant? The food wasn't much better. My husband's mash potatoes tasted like they were several days old (who screws up mash potatoes?). His vegetables were so over cooked they were mushy. Mine wasn't much better, I had Salmon that was way overpowered by the honey mustard sauce and the lump crab, tomatoe and avacado salad tasted very old and fishy and I couldn't find one slice of avacado in this salad. Needless to say, I doubt we would go back unless someone we knew was having a party there or something, even then we might steer them away.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Food was outstanding - the filet is a must have - melts in your mouth! A treasure in our own area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CirclesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. We had never been there before. We made reservations online and I was glad we did, as the restaurant was crowded, although I didn't see any people waiting to be seated. You have to go through the bar to get to the hostess counter, which I thought was odd. The bar does looked very casual, but the restaurant is a little upscale, though not formal. There were quite a few people in jeans, although some were more dressed up. The hostess asked us if we wanted to sit outside, but the night was cool for Florida, so we decided to sit inside. It turned out that was a mistake, because we later went outside and they had heaters that made things quite comfortable. The restaurant was very loud, which surprised me. Maybe it was the acoustics. Regardless, I had a hard time hearing the waiter, who spoke softly. My wife and I had a bit of a hard time hearing each other as well. Toward the end of our meal the restaurant became less crowded and the noise became less of an issue. Our particular waiter was not very friendly. Nor was he particularly attentive. Perhaps he was very busy, I'm not sure. We waited a long time for a drink refill and couldn't find him to ask for one. Eventually I saw him and I noticed him looking at our glasses. He spoke to another waiter who finally brought us more tea. I will say the other waiters seemed much friendlier, so I don't want to be too harsh about the service. Ours was just not very good. The food, however, was excellent. My wife had the honey mustard salmon and I had the jumbo shrimp. She loved her salmon and I shared a couple of my shrimp with her and she said it was the best shrimp she had ever had. I tasted her salmon and it was very good and I agreed with her that the shrimp were fantastic as well. After dinner we went outside and listened to the band for a little while, staying close to one of the heaters. The band was only two guys, but they were very good. All in all we had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenic location - enjoy the sunsetmajicVIPDined on 11/13/2014Spivey grouper recommended but Coral Springs linguini too rich. Eat outdoors if you can and enjoy the marina and the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable Places to EatSpecialDiningDined on 11/7/2014Circles Waterfront Dining was a fun adventure. The staff were accommodating and friendly for our 8 and 11 year olds. There were Birthday wishes for the Birthday Girl. The food was outstanding and cooked to perfection. We look forward to dining at Circles again the next time we come visit Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- js4412Dined on 11/6/2014I enjoy the food and the great outdoor dining. My friend and I were happy with our choose. I have heard about this restaurant before but never went. So glad I finally made it there. Great great greatSpecial Features:
- Restaurantfinediner2Dined on 11/3/2014Circles is a special destination for guests in the Apollo Beach area. There were a considerable amount of snow birds. The food, atmosphere and service was exemplary. I would and have recommended this restaurant to many people. As a matter of fact we have made reservations for later in NovemberSpecial Features:
- Never Fails to Please!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Food was amazing! I've been there 3 times and it doesn't cerise to surprise. Great ambience, beautiful view, great for friends and perfect for romance.Special Features:
- Anniv. dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014A little pricey, but large portions make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local restaurantlbennettDined on 10/25/2014Family dinner out and Circles was the perfect choice. Outside dining with live band was fantastic. Service and food were terrific. Kid friendly and everyone had a great time. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What You Move to Florida ForWhiskeyBoysDined on 10/22/2014We relocated to the Tampa area just 7 days ago for a work transfer from Colorado. One of our first nights of exploration included dinner at Circles. We both had steak and it was perfectly prepared with fresh vegetables and creamy garlic mashed potatoes. Bonus, the chef prepared 2 jumbo shrimp for us that were lemon and butter heaven. The beautiful outdoor dining, surrounded by palm trees, water and an incredible view of the sunset made us feel like we were on vacation. We had to remind ourselves "Oh yeah, we live here now!" It's the kind of dining experience you move to Florida for.Special Features:
- A bit surprised.CloudEagle84Dined on 10/22/2014The occasion for choosing CIRCLES was for my wife's birthday. We "thought" reservations were needed, the earliest was 1830; we were early and seated at a group of empty tables in an area outdoors akin to being next to kitchen door. Our meals were very good; lack of presentation, sort of "piled" onto the plate but too much food. Service was good, but after main course served, the next time we saw our waiter was for the bill. After what I thought was an inordinate waiting time, I went to the desk to pay (in cash) and learned the transaction had to be done by our waiter. After a wait, he came to the front desk to finish the transaction. A good meal, but not for the price that was charged; soup/ salad prices ok. Maybe sunset next time.Special Features:
- mind blowing!!!!ragingdramatistDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time to Circles and it was amazing. From the beautiful outdoor seating. To the great music, and the incredible food. This place is a home run!!! I will be coming back frequently my new go to spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!WillDined on 10/17/2014Have a home in Apollo Beach. Circles is very convenient and all aspects of the restaurant are wonderful. This is the first time I used the reservation service, as we had a large group. Normaly, with the two of us, we walk in and are seated right away.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Lunch Before Twins Birth4bobebutlerDined on 10/7/2014I emailed and was confirmed lunch seating time This a final lunch together with my Daughter expecting Twins ! The setting was clean, open and inviting Everyone smiled and said hello The menu offered some delicious options Thank you for the great meal and for your inviting hospitality Our Waiter B.Frank was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFoodieinFLDined on 10/4/2014The food is always very good, the view is gorgeous when sitting outside (inside isn't bad either) and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was good, service was good. The metal chairs in the patio though were very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Back again..and againRPDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've been coming to Circles since 2006. My wife had the grouper sandwich and I the coral reef linguini. Both were attractively presented, delicious and, in the case of the linguini, with generous amounts of shrimp and scallops. We would have loved dessert, but after an appetizer of their wonderful version of oysters Rockfeller and the ample portions of the main dishes, we just didn't have room. Maybe next time, as we've enjoyed their desserts before.Special Features:
- always as usual EXCELLENT!Dave1229Dined on 9/25/2014Our inlaws has been taking us there for years. Their food is Always Excellent. Quality never dissapoints us no matter what we choose on the menu.Special Features:
- BreathtakingManiDined on 9/20/2014As usual Circles is outstanding. The scenic view at sunset is magnificent. We went with friends and it was a delight to share this with them.Special Features:
- Noteworthy Neighborhood GemTonyDined on 9/11/2014This was our first dining experience since moving from San Diego. We wanted to find a nice upscale neighborhood dining experience. We were seated immediately with a water/marina view. Our waitress arrived promptly and her service was excellent. We had an appetizer, salad, and entree. I chose the egg rolls while my wife chose the grouper bites. Both were very good. The egg rolls were not only huge but delicious, some of the best I have ever tasted. I also had a small Greek salad, which was also excellent. For entrees, I chose the stuffed grouper with crabmeat and my wife had the eggplant. Both were very good. Portions were large, we both enjoyed eggplant for lunch the next day. Highly recommend if you live in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Circles dining experienceluv2eatoutDined on 9/6/2014Our family goes to eat at Circles at least 2 times a month sometimes more. Sometimes it can be a bit loud if they have alot of large parties. It is Apollo Beaches best restaurant. Our server was Brandy and she was awesome. My husband drinks alot of water or tea or beer and she kept his glasses full at all times and our food came out very fast. The view is always so beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting or in the area!!!Special Features:
- Horrible Dining Experience!MrjtmooreDined on 8/23/2014Our party of four took the latest reservation available on opentable (9:30). We requested outdoor seating, and were initially seated at black iron outdoor type tables. When we went back to the reception area to have our place settings relocated nicer wooden tables, a server assumed we had just arrived. In a very nasty tone we were told that the kitchen was closed. It was not until it was clarified that we had already been seated that she tried to change her statement about the status of the kitchen. She was even confronted by another employee who was confused as to why she would lie about the status of the kitchen. Aside from the initial incident, both the service and quality of food were exceptional. Our server was amazing!Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 8/23/2014It took about 20 minutes before our server came to our table. I even stopped a bus boy to ask if he knew whom our waiter was. Once he finally showed up everything was great and he was prompt and courteous and outright redeemed himself. Food was really good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOldGnomeDined on 8/22/2014The pair in front of us was seeking a table outside and were told it was an hour wait. I was very glad we had made a reservation and prefer eating inside. The food was outstanding. We had the Grouper Bites as an appetizer, which came to the table extremely hot and very well prepared. The house tartar sauce and cocktail sauce were both seasoned and spiced just right. We had side salads that were full of fresh veggies. My wife ordered the Grouper & Seafood Princess and she really enjoyed it. I ordered the Crispy Asian Duck. I asked for the chef to tone down the spiciness to "medium" and they really delivered. Next time, we'll leave room for dessert.Special Features:
- Love the viewToledoRobDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I love to go here on our date nights. The waterfront views are great. The specials change nightly and are always delicious. My wife loves their steaks. I enjoy the seafood and a cold beer.. It's always a relaxing night out at Circles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS ENJOYABLESAVORYVIPDined on 8/21/2014WE ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH CIRCLES. -WHETHER WE ARE MEETING OUR FRIENDS, BRINGING FRIENDS, OR JUST DINING ALONE, MY WIFE AND I REALLY ENJOY DINING HERE.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationDemrDined on 8/17/2014We had a birthday celebration for my husband here recently. We had requested the semi private space which they had waiting for us. The service and the food were excellent. Several of our guests went with the special - it was fabulous as well as substantial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently a great restaurant! Great scenery and great wait staff. The food is always fantastic!Special Features:
- second time herezgarsamDined on 8/2/2014my wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner - food was very good and we moved on to the outside tiki area for live music and sunset drinks - our waitress seemed a bit inexperienced, but very nice, no big deal - i think their food is best in area hands down - awesome place for group or a special celebration - great marina settingSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemDahottestGlamMaDined on 7/31/2014We have been here a few times and never been disappointed. Not even when there was a wait. The view of the bay, outdoor bar and live entertainment kept things interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the area by far!!TNMENDined on 7/28/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant but while I was in the area I visited Circle's twice. Great food and a very friendly staff from the time you entered till your exit. Loved the Fish sandwich and the portion was HUGE!!!!! This is a must visit while in the area by far. I will be back for my next visit!! I'm told that if you plan to visit on the weekends that reservations are a must. Beautiful outside dining with a great view of the harbor. Kids would love to look at the boats and water I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMJCEMTPVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were excellent. It is always a pleasure to visit Circles in Apollo Beach. The view of the water is always a plus.Special Features:
- Stuck in a 90's Rut and Clean MeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014Went on a Wednesday night as I did not cook dinner and it is close by. Seated in the dining room by the window, always nice view. Would sit outside, but the metal open mesh tables chairs are uncomfortable and condensation from your glass drips on you. I wanted a glass of wine, but all the better wines are by bottle only in every category - not cool.. Ordered entrees only, from the same menu we have seen in the last 8 years. Only changes are price if they can do that, please make a new menu. The signature fried shrimp was good as well as my husbands MR strip steak. Please retire the orchid on plate, frozen veggie, large servings in bowls. They need a consultant for menu, as well as cleaning - filthy! Back to Tampa for dining.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Circles Waterfront Dining reviews archive.
- Bring ear plugsCLIFFLMTDined on 7/12/2014A great view and Lu provided superb service. The duck, grouper and steaks were all top notch. The wine choices were decent if not extensive and fairly reasonably priced. Unfortunately the experience was a bit disappointing since we could barely converse with the others in our party due to the noise. I've never been in an outside dining venue as noisy as this one and inside was even noisier! We'll definitely return, but probably not on a weekend evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014We love dining outside with a view of the water and marina. Sitting on the patio under the cover is comfortable even on a hot day. Monday night prime rib is always terrific. Circles has something for everyone a tiki bar, sports bar, fine dining and outdoor seating. The food and service are consistently good. Definitely a nice place to go.Special Features:
- DiningoutDined on 7/10/2014The food is always outstanding. I have been dining here for years and I have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at CirclesKatham3Dined on 7/5/2014Everyone in our party of 4 enjoyed their dinner. 3 out of 4 ordered seafood and one ordered beef and they were all excellent. The service was very good as well. The one glitch was that when we came in we were told that Open Table reservations were all outside reservations. In the heat of the summer, that maybe a problem. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated for an air-conditioned spot. So specify indoor reservations if that is what you want when you make the reservation under special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManiDined on 6/28/2014Circles was an awesome place to dine on a Saturday night. Couldn't really see the sunset through the trees but the dockside views and nighttime sky were wonderful. The food was fantastic and the wait staff were attentive and fun and engaging. Eclectic crowd. Felt at home here in shorts and a polo or dressed up for a night out. This is definitely on our list of places to take visiting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceykeswickgirlDined on 6/26/2014It seemed like their prices went up. Getting out of range except for special occasion dinners. Too bad, because it's a lovely setting that I always enjoyed when more affordable. Won't be back any time soon.Special Features: