Circe Restaurant & Bar
50 Weybosset St
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Circe Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://circerestaurantbar.com/
- Phone: 4014378991x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Simon Keating
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Circe Restaurant & Bar
Carlo Carlozzi, the popular bartender at Ten Prime Steak and Sushi for the past decade, opened Circe, his first restaurant. The menu consists of American-infused, Mediterranean dishes and drinks that are "exotic and special."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Circe Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Circe Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)romantic (28)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (18)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- I found a GemSterlingTurnerDined on 10/23/2014Literally stumbled upon Circe one day last year & simple sat at the bar the first time. It has become my favorite Providence EaterySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony from BristolLifeIsArtDined on 10/21/2014Our dining experience at Circe was a delight. It was my birthday and we wanted the night to be special. We were seated in a romantic corner and enjoyed both the fine food and the privacy. I enjoyed the muscles starter and the one pound pork chop and my wife felt the same about the Beet salad and the Salmon on the menu. I encourage you to be a diner at this lovely restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent location, but that's itlisamela22Dined on 10/17/2014I love an energetic spot, and will gladly pay for an excellent meal, but this place was lacking. It wasn't energetic, it was just plain loud. I was sitting directly across from my husband and could hardly hear him. The food was just okay, but the prices were outrageous. I don't mind paying prices that high, but the food has to wow me. In this case the food just made me meh. I'm glad we tried it, but I won't be going back.
- DisappointedMissyVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was very good. The service was not and it colored the whole evening a dreary shade of gray, much like the decor. We dined there on a Sunday night. The place was not packed but they led us past empty tables to the back corner next to the service area with a lovely view of a dismal section of the kitchen. This location, however, did not guarantee us service. I do not know what the waitress was doing but it was not serving us. I expect to be treated as a valued customer I was not. The water/bus boy was the only one to pay any attention to our needs. With so many wonderful restaurants to choose from there is no need for us to return here.Special Features:
- Great FindWifenIDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice restaurant to try and found this Gem on open table. Food is awesome. I had the lamb. My wife had the lobster risotto (appetizer) and the chicken for dinner. Both were exceptional. The music was nice but not loud. The noise level was dinner appropriate where my wife and I could hear each other but didn't feel like a library. Patrons were well dressed. Staff was very nice and helpful. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicechicoDined on 10/4/2014Everything was top quality except the service was marginal at best. We spoke to the owners who were friendly and showed interest. Good location and a nice ambiance with recent improvements to the decor that were beneficial.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent. Calamari was excellent.The sole special was delectable and my husband loved his seared ahi tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerwelovetodineoutDined on 9/30/2014Found this online of a review of restaurants in Providence. I was looking for a new place to celebrate my husband's 60th b'day. This was a restaurant we had never been to before and were very pleased. The service was wonderful, the food outstanding and the atmosphere was great! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FridayVIPDined on 9/27/2014There was a group of four of us, we started with our excellent waitress Kate who was an absolute pleasure. The menu had enough choices without being bogged down. Two of us had the Scottish salmon, one had the salmon with scallops special and another veal and pasta. The salmon was huge, you ordered your sides separate. We all cleaned our plates..the food, service and ambiance was absolutely excellent. I visit a lot if the PVD restaurants and have to say they after this experience I cannot wait to go back..this is my new favorite restaurant..did I say I cannot wait to go back...excellent chef!Special Features:
- calsLuv2dineDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, great wine & wonderful service ! Hope to return real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! Highly recommend.AmyfromBocaDined on 9/20/2014We ate dinner there this past Friday night and the food was amazing. This was our first time eating here so we really didn't know what to expect. Everything was extremely fresh and the Chef did a great job with flavor combinations. My son started off with a lobster risotto which was delicious and then he had the duck which he said was really good and before I got to try it, it was all gone. My husband had a caesar salad to start and then the Veal bolognese. Yum. And I had a few different apps. All very good. We were so full we couldn't even have dessert. Which was a shame because the list looked incredible. I would definitely go back. All 3 of us were really pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodTwinklingtoesDined on 9/12/2014Dinner here was wonderful! Food was delicious. Carlo the owner came by to our table at least 3 times to check on our experience. I have already recommended this restaurant to friends. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticss0515Dined on 9/5/2014I brought my best friend for her birthday, and while the other two guests did not show up, the service was great and the waitstaff was amazing.They treated us perfect for her birthday and were so kind and patient with the situation. The food was phenomenal and it ended up being a relaxing birthday night. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!SauceonthesideVIPDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food was interesting and delicious. And the special drinks quite fun. Our only complaint is the noise level, a bit loud even when mostly empty. They did their best to find us a quieter table.Special Features:
- another excellent mealspikeDined on 8/22/2014Dinner for five. all courses, wine and service were top notch. the pasta dishes and seafood were exceptional. Owner is attentive and incorporates feedback productively. it is closer than you realize and has free valet parking. check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterbilltDined on 8/20/2014Great place to eat before the theater.. Or second thought.. Eat there anytime ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratelennie44Dined on 8/16/2014Went out with a group of 4 people to celebrate friends moving into the area. Service was excellent, cocktail and wine list was fun, the menu options were superb. It was difficult to pick among the options, but everyone was happy with their choice. And the dessert was the perfect end to the evening. We felt well cared for the entire time.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebration!CindyBDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic food and cocktail selection! Quiet on a Sunday night. Great dessert presentation for a special occasion! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star diningTheDevineDined on 8/9/2014A five star hidden gem. The best restaurant in any country I have ever visited is Circe. The food is so memorable that you will never go anywhere else again. The bar is a delight to the senses. The attention to detail and romantic atmosphere is intoxicating. The staff is knowledgable and attentive to your every need. The sights, sounds and artistic tones will leave you wanting more. This is something you just have to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014We live north of Boston so we don't get to Providence very often, but we had such a nice evening at Circe that we have to share. Four exceptional meals were delivered to our table last Saturday night, and we truly appreciated our server; Dave. He did an outstanding job and made us feel like we were his only table. It was a fun-filled, delicious, unhurried dining experience, and one we will remember for a long time. Well done!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We found this restaurant through Open Table. We were in Providence and stopped for brunch. It is definitely five stars. The restaurant is beautiful and the service and food were over the top. We had omelettes, caprese salad, Jonah crab hash and another breakfast egg dish. All were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Find!MabeatsDined on 7/26/2014We took a risk going to Circe, knowing nothing about it other than what we read on line, and we were taking out-of-town guests. So we were thrilled to find another restaurant to add to our "Must go back" list. The service was outstanding. Our waitress was enthusiastic, helpful, and attentive, as were the young men who assisted her. The cocktails were unparalleled. Carlo's special recipes were like nothing we'd ever tasted. We were particularly fond of the Whole Foods cocktail and Hibiscus martini. We started with the calamari, lightly breaded, done to perfection. Two of us had the scallops which were delicate and perfectly prepared. The salmon was also lovely. The meal ended with lemon tart and white chocolate crème brule. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemjsnb101Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I wanted to try a new place and we found some great review about Circe... which caused some shock when we arrived, because it was relatively empty. The bar was almost full with seemingly a post-work (Thursday) cocktail crowd, but only one or two other tables with guests dining. The service was fantastic, the food was delicious. The only reason it marked a 4/5 stars was that I wasn't a fan of the spices in the meatball appetizer -- but my wife was the one who ordered it, and she loved it. We had the grilled pizza and beef tartar, which were both phenomenal. The owner even stopped by to check on us and showed a clear passion for his restaurant, which is always refreshing. I hope more people start going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Nice mod look with strikingly upholstered chairs, a nice buzz in the atmosphere. Good drinks and an exciting wine list, the all-Spanish theme is bold and there are some real bargains (e.g Mas Donis and some Bierzo selections as well as Lopez de Haro Rioja, all Parker 90+ wines in the $20's and low 30"s!!!) Very nice selection of tapas well prepared, some dishes genuinely exciting (Chilean Sea Bass Cheeks over lobster succotash was superb) and others standard issue (Gambas al Ajo would have been nicer crisped up in shell especially with heads on) ....overall a winner and will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhChrisDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful but the food was just ok. Everything we ordered was cooked well but it all lacked flavor. Nothing tasted bad, just didn't make me want to come back. It was Restaurant Week so not sure if that was a factor.Special Features:
- Awesome Bar StaffNPdinerDined on 7/17/2014Had a great time at the bar. Bartenders were friendly and made some amazing drinks. Great bar menu as well. Overall a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deborah MoxhamTallulahDined on 7/16/2014Circe has a striking space with dramatic high ceilings, a clean white look, and a happening bar. It offers plenty of seating, including a balcony which overlooks it all but affords a quieter space. The menu is full of appealing options and the food is stellar. Everyone at my table of six though this own dish was the best, from the fried oysters to the watermelon gaspzpacho , the range of appetizers was notable. My cider brined pork chop with chutney and a sage cream sauce was a knockout. I would go back for this dish alone. Desserts were equally scrumptious. To add to all this, our waitress was perfect with service and recommendations on food and wine and got the cocktail orders just right.Special Features:
- Not a good experiencefoodie23Dined on 7/14/2014I came to Circe with 3 others to enjoy the food of Restaurant week. We were seated right away and introduced to our server, Kevin. However the prompt service vanished as soon as it was apparent that we weren't ordering any alcohol and were using the restaurant week menu. From then on Kevin barely came to our table. It took 40 minutes for BREAD to be served after having to ask again for it. It took one hour to get our appetizers and the restaurant wasn't even crowded! As for the food, the pasta dish was inedible with the hand-cut pasta too doughy and a disconcertingly oily sauce. The English Summer pudding was fairly bad - the fruit didn't taste fresh. Overall the service and wait times were terrible and accompanied by equally bad dishes.
- Are there 6 STARS? FABULOUS!CapeCodRhondaDined on 7/12/2014We booked this GEM for dinner and all 4 of us can't stop talking about it. Creative cocktails received rave reviews. Unique appetizers ranging from watermelon gazpacho, or roasted beet salad made the best of local farm fresh produce. You could taste the summer sunshine! The entree's were 10+. PERFECT angus sirloin and scallop dish, served with sautéed spinach and scallion mashed potatoes. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the beef is sliced and fanned out on your plate so that a knife really isn't necessary. A very flavorful and most tender cut. Perfect presentation! Great service! Beautiful transitional interior with respect for the architectural details of the building. Fine dinning at its BEST!Special Features:
- Excellent drinks and food!teriDined on 7/11/2014They have the best cocktail menu in providence. I love the age range of the crowd ( 30-50) The food was excellent. The owner treated us very nicely! Thank you for a wonderful date night:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food, extremely attentive service, great wine list, cool atmosphere -what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againAllyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Had another excellent dinner at Circe! The food was top notch as well as everything else. Specialty cocktails that delivered, creative and well executed menu, great atmosphere and service. What more could one ask for? Circe tries hard to please and succeeds. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsSimonLechienDined on 7/3/2014Pleasantly surprised, met and exceeded my expectations. Great food, friendly staff, and nice ambience. Definitely a place I plan to visit again.Special Features:
- The following 143 reviews are from the Circe Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- ???Fodor2Dined on 6/15/2014This was my second time having dinner at Circe; the first time was a Saturday night, the restaurant was very busy, the food was very good and there was valet parking. The reviews stated customers attending PPAC were given theater discounts and were able to keep their cars valet parked at the restaurant; having theater tickets for this past Sunday night we decided to have dinner again at Circe. It was like a different restaurant, no valet parking, although we were allowed to park in the parking lot across the street, the restaurant had very few customers, the food lacked flavor, and we were not offered a theater discount. With so many good restaurants in Providence to choose from, I will not be having dinner at Circe again.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014Service, atmosphere and food were all perfect! Great location if you are going to Waterfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerbettyfinn007Dined on 5/30/2014This was a perfect place for our anniversary. Free valet, great cocktail list, and a very energetic, attentive and friendly server. (wish I remembered her name). We had lamb meatballs for an appetizer, the bacon wrapped sirloin, and salmon. All were fantastic. I have recommended this place to friends.Special Features:
- Lovely graduation dinnerDougDined on 5/25/2014In spite of the challenge of dealing with several large groups celebrating local college graduations, the team at Circe made our evening memorably pleasant. Our server was very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time explaining menu items and specials. We started with local cheeses paired with a bottle from the very good wine list, and our party ordered a variety of entrees, giving us a good cross section of the menu. The salmon with mango salsa was the best salmon dish I've had in a long time. We did lose our server halfway through the meal, as he was apparently pulled away by a party of 12+ in the back of the restaurant, but that small glitch in service in no way compromised the fine overall experience.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner celebration!JDHW617Dined on 5/25/2014We went to Circe for a special graduation dinner --- and it could not have been more perfect! The staff went out of their way to take care of our large party (including making a couple of special plates for some family members with dietary restrictions) and every dish was absolutely delicious. Everybody raved about their meals (and this is a crowd that frequents restaurants in NY, Boston, etc.) The evening was paced just right. We absolutely loved Circe and will be back--a real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueLuvProvDingDined on 5/24/2014We were a party of four on a very busy Providence Waterfire night. Our table was ready, service was timely, our waiter was experienced and knowledgeable, and the food was very good as expected. What is truly appreciated at this restaurant is the scale. The noise level is moderate and the tables are nicely spaced. The cost was less than what we expected to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- commencement celebrationJofeDined on 5/24/2014We had a dinner celebrating college graduation. The reserved table for our group was in the front window alcove which was nice for quiet conversation and very comfortable. The noise level in other parts of the restaurant may get to be rather high, given the active bar clientele, but it did not disturb our group. Service was attentive and the food was outstanding, with beautiful presentation.I would recommend this to a friend.