9876 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beverlyhilton.com/Dining/circa55.asp
- Phone: 3108876055x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Matthew Morgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Celebrating a special occasion? The Beverly Hilton can accommodate private dining requests both indoors and out.
A word from Circa 55
Aptly named for the year in which the hotel was founded, CIRCA 55 pays tribute to its mid-century roots in both atmosphere and cuisine. Offering pool views with sweeping walls of glass and chic décor, CIRCA 55 reinterprets California classics with a menu that is market-fresh and 95% locally sourced. Whether you’re seeking an upscale dinner for two or a casual meal overlooking the pool, the enduring glamour of The Beverly Hilton is never far away at CIRCA 55.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Circa 55 - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Circa 55 reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (14)special occasion (12)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Buffet food was good but not much of a variety. Omelet bar very good. Fish entree mediocre at best. Service spotty but good. Not excellentSpecial Features:
- Disappointing!!!!!1sadbrunchDined on 9/28/2014Poor quality food, way to small buffet for the price. No worth it. Service was slow, server was nice always smiling. No what I was expecting. I was embarrassed for bringing my partener there to celebrate his birthday. :(
- Brunch in a classy and fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing desserts and good food, very good service, private setting, nice environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice ambiance!Miss1ynnLADined on 9/21/2014Staff was exceptional and followed reservation requests. Thank you for surprising my guest. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRADER VIC'S IS HERE!TobleroneDined on 9/21/2014This is the last home of Trader Vic's. The delicious pupus and egg rolls and the fabulous drinks are still here, as is a canoe and a few Tikis. Sit by and sip your scorpion looking at the mid century modern pool of the Hilton...great place to meet a friend or for a romantic drink at night. Some of the staff are from the original Trader Vic's. Love the Mai Tais. I hope this place stays here forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 9/14/2014We attended Sunday brunch with a promotional voucher. Service was very good and the voucher did not seem to lower the level of service. The value was great The brunch buffet offered a lot of choices and this preceded the selection from a prix fixe menu. The food was nicely prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with ProseccoSKLAVIPDined on 9/7/2014Used a Travelzoo voucher and it was a great deal. I would venture to say that they overdid it with the food. You got a 3-courses (app, main and dessert), buffet (omelet station, lox, charcuterie, eggs benedict, etc.) & unlimited prosecco, OJ & coffee. I could see including the main but the 1st/3rd courses were overkill. Service could've been better. It took TWENTY FIVE minutes to be seated (restaurant was empty). It looked like a lot of the people got the vouchers but still...25 minutes! They certainly need to improve their process. Our server was polite but not very attentive. We had to keep asking for more water, coffee and prosecco. While you're refilling a beverage at one table, why not check your other tables at the same time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKMK88VIPDined on 9/6/2014It was just okay, I would not go out of your way to go here though. If you're staying in the hotel...fine...but really nothing special.
- Pay attention to seated customersEYEBMKIDVIPDined on 9/2/2014We were seated in the main dining room given menus and then waited over 20 min without a server coming over to us. I had to go back to the person who seated us to get a waiter. Then finally someone came over and took our drink order. The food was OK, a little overpriced. But they did nothing for our inconvenience. No free drinks, no free dessert. We will not be back.
- Very Disappointingfoodie4funDined on 8/31/2014Went here for Sunday Brunch. I was so disappointed. The buffet was terrible. The eggs were runny and had no taste. The Belgium Waffles looked and tasted like they had been sitting out all morning. None of the food was fresh. The containers for the foods (at the buffet)no one came to refill them with fresh food. I was so disappointed. Then from the prix fixe menu I had the beet and goat cheese salad. It was literally 4 bites. Also had the braised short ribs, they were ok. Again, about 4 bites of that. The one really good thing was the dessert plate. It was very nice.
- Food & setting great, service..?EmpressVIPDined on 8/31/2014Buffet offerings to compliment the brunch menu were good. Check in time to be seated was too long. Requested shaded outdoor seating or indoor table by window, which was difficult for the restaurant to accommodate. The first manager didn't seem to take our concerns seriously while the next manager offered vouchers for us to try the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Not so much.DisappointmentDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch/lunch. Had a table by the pool which was fun for people watching and enjoying the beautiful weather. Service was a little slow , but very friendly. Food was really mediocre. Brunch buffet huge disappointment. Atmosphere good, food, not so much.
- Circa 55 so much funSandyDined on 8/18/2014I feel like I just spent an evening on vacation. Great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DissapointedLTomaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We dined at Circa 55, sat outside and ordered from the Circa 55 menu and the Trader Vics menu. The food was nothing special. The lobster Mac and Cheese was runny with very little lobster, Crab Ragoon not very tasty had very little stuffing but edible. Tom Ton soup with very dry chicken, and don't even think about the Calamari which was dry or old. The Mai Tai was great but what a disappointment for a well-established hotel in Beverly Hills that we flew to for a mini vacation!
- Decent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014My friend and I went here for brunch and overall it was good, the brunch buffet items were better overall than the brunch menu items. The service however, wasn't as good as it could have been but it wasn't terrible either...it just took a long time to get our entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Circa 55 reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Trader Vic's has always played a special part in our family, from family get togethers to wedding anniversaries. We're so glad we can still enjoy their wonderful appetizers and cocktails at the poolside bar at the Beverly Hilton. Be sure to ask for the special Trader Vic's menu upon arrival.Special Features:
- FABULOUS BRUNCH!tboneDined on 7/13/2014We came using the travelzoo voucher brunch, the food was fantastic, there is so much food they give you!! TOTALLY worth it. We sat outside near the pool it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon! Loved it! Would definitely do it again!Special Features:
- SouffleloverVIPDined on 7/13/2014food quality was only slightly better than ihop. 3 managers conversed among themselves near the bar area most of the sunday brunch hours. as a result, lacking of leadership thruout the restaurant. long wait starting from placing orders till the end of the meal. not understaffed hut lacking of management skills.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Circa 55 reviews archive.
- Great Brunch Find!Foodie12312013Dined on 6/22/2014This place was a great brunch spot and a wonderful deal for bottomless mimosas. I can't wait to get back there!Special Features:
- Good business lunch placeDonnVIPDined on 6/11/2014It's quiet and has an outdoor section under umbrellas. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch, Vacation StyleBethCKDined on 6/5/2014A recent lunch outside overlooking the Beverly Hilton pool reminded us of being on vacation. The menu includes some farm to table selections, starter and entree salads, sandwiches. I enjoyed the Cobb, updated with turkey bacon but with traditional ingredients like egg, chicken, and blue cheese. My companion had the Asian chicken salad, which he enjoyed. This version included mango and other fruits and was lightly dressed.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantFoodHunterVIPDined on 5/25/2014We loved Circa 55, which is part of Beverly Hilton. It has one of the best-value brunch menus. Unlike other brunches, it has an option of being served at the table or you can hop off to the buffet. Brunch at the table (3 course meal) is $35 and with breakfast buffet $45---both great values. Champagne was included, as was coffee , tea and juice. And of course dessert. We had crab cakes, beet salad, shrimp and beef hash. Food is excellent, fresh and flavorful. Plus you are dining in an LA icon---a hotel where famous VIP's like Presidents, foreign heads of state and actors and actresses have stayed. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodAngelika1936Dined on 5/11/2014the food is very good, the place is very nice i will recommend this place to my friends,Special Features:
- Very Disappointed.DeniseDined on 3/23/2014We went to meet clients for brunch this past Sunday. We were so disappointed to find that due to budget issues the brunch was no longer. The place was EMPTY. We have been going here off and on for 15 years and never has the restaurant been so empty on a Sunday. It used to be filled to capacity and you had to wait for a table. Champagne, orange juice, sushi bar, roasted meats, side dishes, cold cuts, salads and every breakfast food imaginable. Now the brunch buffet is the regular menu prepared. The service was horrible no one who was working was happy to be there. They couldn't even fake it. Try and get a refill of coffee or a server's attention. Ths used to be one of the great brunches n Beverly Hills. Now it's just a hotel diner.
- A very nice, memorable lunchJohnVIPDined on 2/28/2014A very nice, memorable lunch at the Beverly Hilton hotel. Great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner by the poolJonnyDined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day set menu was great as the chef let us substitute the chicken for bass and salmon. We basically licked our plates clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than normal in-housekevinoVIPDined on 1/28/2014I rarely choose to eat in a hotel's own restaurant, as it rarely hacks it compared with others nearby. In this case, even without others nearby, it was well worth making an exception. The food was tasty, well presented and of good proportions. If you are staying above it, do not bother going out and buy yourself more wine instead.
- New Years Eve Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013The five-course meal was wonderful and artistically presented. The service was impeccable. A great place for a special occasion for a couple or a family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding brunchJacquesDined on 12/25/2013We (m'y daughter, m'y wife and I) where at the Circa 55 for the Christmas brunch. The quality, the diversity, and the refinement of the food and the organization of the brunch were outstanding. The service and all the waiters were of an exemplary kindness. All in all an outstanding brunch.Special Features:
- DissapointedMarkDined on 12/15/2013Have been coming here for 20 years when it was Mr. h's and griffs. Always go for the Sunday brunch about twice a year as it was terrific. The shellfish was top notch. Now on this past Sunday we we told it is no longer....what a dissapontment. Stayed anyway, but nothing special. Will not be back i am sad to say.Special Features:
- Fantastic AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2013I had a great surprise with the ambience of the restaurant patio as it is surrounded by the pool which maintains a nostalgic touch of the 50's. The fire-pits add a romantic feel to the experience making it suitable to have a date night as well. Over all very quite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE SERVICE - LIMITED MENUSeymoreButtsVIPDined on 10/26/2013The Trader Vic's / Circa 55 lounge & restaurant has a really nice atmosphere, but we soon realized this restaurant is nothing more than a typical hotel restaurant with a limited menu and deplorable service. The restaurant was all but empty, but the waiter took 20 minutes before he got to our table to take our drink orders, and looked sweaty and disheveled. In addition, the could hardly speak English and was not very knowledgeable of the limited menu, which he advised had recently changed. For the rest of the evening, we couldn't get our waiter's attention and 3 times had to ask the other service guys standing around to find our waiter. The filet was decent, and the mushroom ravioli was very salty. Chocolate dessert just okay.Special Features:
- We stay at the Beverly HiltonEllenVIPDined on 10/22/2013We stay at the Beverly Hilton frequently on business and the service is usually better than it was this time. It was slow and we had to ask for silverware/napkins twice. The food is consistently good, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the three dishes wejoyboyVIPDined on 10/21/2013Enjoyed the three dishes we Harv- tuna tartare, bass & salmon. Very kind waiter, too.Special Features:
- Point creditOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2013Hello, I saw that I only got 100 dinner points credited to my account even the booking was a 1000 point promo that night. Can we get that changed? Otherwise, you never go wrong with Circa 55!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With a reservation on OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013With a reservation on Open Table had to wait 50 minutes to be seated for brunch. Host kept putting us off and then started to seat people without reservations. Not a very good experience.
- Sunday Brunch - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day brunch which was also a celebration of our daughter's graduation AND birthday. The waiter (who we thought was the busboy) never spoke to us other than to ask if we wanted oj. I had to ASK if champagne was included and he said it was. Coffee took forever. The food was ok but not replenished. Whenever I saw something on someone's plate and went to get it, it wasn't there. We had a party of 8 and an 18% gratuity was added - for BUFFET SERVICE!!! All in all, a pretty expensive, mediocre experience.
- Friendly efficient service.LTGKDined on 3/29/2013Friendly efficient service. My entree salad for lunch was very tasty but smaller than expected.Special Features:
- Best. Brunch. Ever. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Best. Brunch. Ever. It was our anniversary and both my fiancé and i felt absolutely indulged at this brunch! The only thing that would have made the unlimited decadence better is if we had been staying at the hotel! Next year, that's the plan!!Special Features:
- Classy, Quiet, CourtesyCrowsrunVIPDined on 3/23/2013Always consistently good, Circa 55 reminds you of old Hollywood. Classy decor, well-dressed staff and the history of the Beverly Hilton surround you. Traditional American fare that is prepared as you ask for it. Drinks can be as simple or as fancy as you like, even ordering off of the Trader Vic's Polynesian- style menu next door, if you want. We always enjoy our meals and it's quiet enough to also enjoy the company.Special Features: