48 Whitaker Street.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.circa1875.com/
- Phone: 9124431875
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm Monday - Thursday
6:00 - 11:00 Friday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Circa 1875
Circa 1875 is a historic little gem in downtown Savannah, where the melodic tunes of classic Jazz and standards are always accenting the atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Circa 1875 - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Circa 1875 reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (47)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A wonderful experience in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014What a delightful experience to dine in Circa 1875. The food was wonderful, the service superb, the noise level quite loud but warm. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful!AlexisZorbaDined on 10/9/2014Circa 1875 has all the elements of an outstanding dining experience: wonderful ambiance, great food, excellent wine & spirits and a warm and professional wait-staff. You will always leave satisfied. Can't say enough about Circa 1875!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experience!G650seanDined on 10/7/2014Excellent French restaurant with great ambiance and service. The escargot was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, welcoming and charming!KariDined on 10/3/2014We were greeted so warmly and escorted to a charming room downstairs complete with stained glass and our gracious waiter, Michael! A delicious evening ensued....our group's selections included fish, chicken, steak....everyone was delighted with their selections! We will recommend Circa 1875 to our friends in So. Cal! Thank you.Special Features:
- Everything was excellentSpunlaceDined on 10/1/2014We had a wonderful dining experience and only wish the restaurant was in our neighborhood and not 500 miles away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French CuisineJSchultzVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is one of my favorite "off the beaten path" places to go in Savannah. It is absolutely charming! The food and wine are superb. I highly recommend this restaurant for a quiet romantic French experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The best dinner we had in Savannah....will be back if all possible....Special Features:
- Wonderful Place!diane707VIPDined on 9/24/2014Just a great place!! Best burgers of all things! Drinks are exceptional. Service fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah Rose1965AHDined on 9/18/2014The meal was enjoyable with some standard French standbys as well as some local dishes. Was it my favorite meal in Savannah...no, but it was in our top three. Good service and an inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHonestFoodieDined on 9/16/2014Let me note that our server was wonderful but could have used some back up. We were seated in the charming wine cellar and there was another couple and a party of 10-12. They were very very loud and obnoxious. Our waiter was working very hard to take care of all of us which entailed going up and down the cellar stairs constantly. He should have had some assistance. It's s shame that overshadowed our fabulous meal! Everything we had was delicious...our truffle fries were cold upon arrival but promptly replaced. We would definitely go back but be hyper aware of where we sit .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBTK2014Dined on 9/15/2014I love this resturant. The food is wonderful and the service even better. From the really nice host how seated us to our fabulous waiter. I wish I could remember our waiters name because he was so helpful and nice. The next time I'm in town I'll for sure eat here again.Special Features:
- FoodEFoodEDined on 9/12/2014Very nice French style restaurant. Good cocktails, good food, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit just as wonderfulLuckyJackDined on 9/11/2014Have dined here twice now; once when daughter was considering SCAD, then during drop off trip. We've tried six different entrees, appetizers, dessert combinations now. Everything has been delicious. As only drinker, wines by glass have been perfect for each course. Can't wait to return to see daughter and restaurant again!Special Features:
- FortifyDined on 9/10/2014A very good meal. Great service! Some selections were not available.Special Features:
- Something different!RangelsrusDined on 9/6/2014Circa 1875 was fantastic! The service was great, the food was great, and the atmosphere was great! We were in Savannah for my husbands birthday. I looked up restaurants to dine while visiting Savannah and Circa was on the list. It did not disappoint. It's a French restaurant which is something you don't see or hear about everyday. It was different but so good! Also has a great wine list! Overall- top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novel yet somewhat limited MenuBillyBenDined on 9/6/2014Oui, could be in france! French oriented menu , ranging from Mussels, Pate, Cassoulet and Crepes. Attractive small"ish" dining room, almost "Cafe" style with posters, art and typically French chairs that are not overtly bottom friendly......... Great Bar area and our choice for our return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Brett UlanderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had dinner in the wine cellar. Everything was absolutely perfect, food, service, atmosphere, etc. Michael was our server and he was outstanding and very friendly. We very much enjoyed our Anniversary dinner at Circa 1875, highly recommend it and will certainly return soon with family and friends.Special Features:
- BlumaxVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was very tasty and ample portions. Friendly family-like service. Disappointed that the crab dishes I was looking forward to did not make it to the menu that day. Delivery "floundered" somewhere I supposeSpecial Features:
- Beautiful EveningloveitalianVIPDined on 9/2/2014From the courteous and professional service to the great selection of wine and delicious food, Circa made for a beautiful date night. The warm, homemade bread that we were served while we waited for our meals was really good...always a good sign. I thoroughly enjoyed the ratatouille crepes and would go out of my way to order them again if I get the chance! It's rare to find such a flavorful array of veggies in one dish. The cheese board also looked great and I'd like to try that next time. We'd heard only good things about Circa from several local friends, and their recommendations did fall short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely wonderful service from our server, Emily. She made some great recommendations. We really enjoyed the mussels. The French onion soup was good, we have definitely had better. Varied menu with several seafood options. Very interesting wine menu with several options for by the glass. We will definitely return the next time we are in Savannah. The wine cellar is a gorgeous area and we are looking forward to dining thereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Was a delightful evening, wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Repeated excellenceMarilynDined on 8/23/2014Food was fine as always (special bean and sausage soup was tasty and surprisingly light) and the service and atmosphere downstairs (requested thru Open Table!) was personable and quiet respectivelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming ExperienceClementineBarnabetDined on 8/16/2014Walking into the experience at first glance is fantastic. Nancy is kind and was intuitive in selecting a table in the more muted room. In our unfortunate dining experience, the vibrant atmosphere did not prepare us for the lackluster provisions that came out of the kitchen; as much as the reviews raved about the steak frites, I did not feel that there was great flavor upon tasting. What is worse is the server's attitude put me off from asking for additional assistance. Our server in one instance spaced out in front of us and was looking outside the window for perhaps 20 seconds. Plain silence. Perhaps he was having an off-day. We regrettably had an experience that will lead us to no recommendations and no return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Table was too small. We were the first couple that came in with reservation that evening and were given the smallest table. Food was great and server was friendly and courteous. Would had like the bottle of wine to be chill. Dessert - I ordered the special dessert that was made available that evening banana and pear cake with vanilla ice cream, good taste but the cake was too dry.Special Features:
- Service was under parOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been to Circa many times - The gaps between courses was much too long - they were either understaffed or unprepared - too bad because the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gators12Dined on 8/4/2014Great service and romantic location. Very pricey but also delicious. They were accommodating of my children, but for the price not a great place to bring kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightKBerg77Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were visiting Savannah for the first time together. We wanted a nice French restaurant with great food and good ambience. Circa 1875 met our expectations very well. We started with the tomato gorgonzola bisque soup, which was a nice way to whet our pallate. Then moved onto the beet salad, which was wonderful, light and fresh. Then we moved on to the Steak tartar, and the accompaniments were very tasty (gurkin pickles and pickled carrots). We had the salmon special, served over garlic savory beans, and thoughtfully they split our entree without us even asking. We finished with the chocolate mousse - just to die for!Special Features:
- Authentic French CuisineStriderDined on 8/1/2014The food is delicious and exquisitely prepared reminding us of the wonderful meals we have enjoyed in France. Our server was attentive and guided us through the menu and wine list and by making helpful suggestions. This restaurant is a treasure and a great find for our first trip to Savannah.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentDCfromSAVVIPDined on 7/30/2014Even with the availability of mussels, this dinner did not disappoint. From the hostess to the server, graciousness was exhibited. The cobia entree was savory, steak (a perfect medium rare) frites (with truffle oil) a hit, and the wine list as enchanting as ever. The tables were full (on a Wed night), so the noise was a bit intrusive, but this is a no-miss choice that rivals Savannah's best.
- Amazing ExperienceWisconsinTouristDined on 7/29/2014This is my first time having French food at an actual "French Restaurant" - The food was delicious and the service was spot on. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the menu and menu specifics (ingredients, cook temps, dressings). She greeted us with the specials and also gave recommendations. I also noticed the other waitress and the hostess were spot on as well. They were courteous to customers and attention to details (dirty dishes, empty water/wine glasses). I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Savannah area looking for amazing food or just a place for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Wonderful GemharryDined on 7/26/2014Circa 1875 is a wonderful french restaurant. I was just in Paris and sitting in Circa made me feel like I had returned. Great atmosphere, excellent service, very good food!Special Features:
- jaquesreviewDined on 7/24/2014Warm atmosphere, our reservation request for table with chairs and good view was honored right away. Despite small menu, the selection was good, wine list had too many expensive wines, but board showed medium priced wines by the glass. Food was very well prepared, took some time, but we sipped our wine. We shall be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessDined on 7/18/2014While the food was good I had a little sticker shock when I got the bill. Stick with dinner for 2 not for familiesSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!ChrisDined on 7/15/2014It was our second time at the restaurant and my wife and I were not disappointed. We both had one of the specials, the excellent French dish, coq au vin (it was Bastille Day week). Delicious, accompanied by a nice Italian pinot grigio, ample bread (some of the best "French bread" this side of the Atlantic). Excellent and pleasant, friendly service as well. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PrincesssouthVIPDined on 7/12/2014Circa 1875 is now one of my most favorite restaurants in Savannah....The food was amazing! A lovely fine-dining experience ..quiet, romantic, our server was very attentive...came to our table at timely intervals.... Great wine list, specialty beers and drinks....just a lovely experience. I rate Circa 1875 at the top.....Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBirthdaygirlDined on 7/12/2014We had an enjoyable and delicious dinner. Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French AtmosphereCariocaDined on 7/11/2014Restaurant was beautifully decorated with a variety of vintage french posters, mirrors and wall ornaments. Service and food were great. We recommend the french rose champagne!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014We especially enjoyed our dinner at Circa. We were entertaining my father-in-law who has a passion for French Bistro dining and Steak Tartar. The staff asked the chef to make it special for our table as it was not featured that night. They called me in advance to tell me the chef was whipping up a special appetizer. Our server, Emily Elizabeth was exceptionally attentive and addressed all our needs. She even gave us a great parking tip. General Manager, Tony Rossing really has this place well tuned. We had a great meal in a fun atmosphere. This is now one of my favorite spots in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit on June 28 early evening.davidaDined on 6/28/2014Escargot was a bit over cooked (tough). Lupe de Mare (sp?) was excellent. Our table was too small for a party of 4. Desserts were great (Crème Brulee & chocolate mousse)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 473 reviews are from the Circa 1875 reviews archive.
- Not France but close enough!quiteedibleDined on 6/20/2014We love the southern food but this was a very nice change for an eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.