Cipriani - Wall Street
55 Wall Street
New York, NY 10015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cipriani - Wall Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/cipriani-club-55
- Phone: 2126994096x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com (212) 699 4096x
A word from Cipriani - Wall Street
Cipriani Wall Street at 55 Wall between William and Hanover Street. The restaurant dishes up Italian classic dishes as well as specialty cuisine. Some highlights on the menu include the beef carpaccio alla Cipriani, the homemade lightly baked tagliolini with ham, the bellini (a drink of prosecco and white peaches) and crepes ala crema.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cipriani - Wall Street reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)great for lunch (36)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (25)scenic view (18)good for groups (14)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wall St ScenicNYprofessionaleaterVIPDined on 9/4/2014Good food and great view of wall street sitting on deck. Top notch service only negative was small portions if your not into that.Special Features:
- I mean it is Cipriani after all..LEB1234Dined on 8/15/2014Just great. The service is amazing. The Wall Street view is amazing. Wine list is great!Special Features:
- DisappointedGemmyVIPDined on 8/14/2014At the behest of a coworker, we opted to visit here after work. After walking in and looking at the ambience my expectations we set high. However, I was disappointed. I ordered the prosciutto, and what I got was sliced deli meat. The green bean salad was water logged and the ravioli was dry. The food was very disappointing and I won't be returning. One of my dining mates enjoyed her burger, though.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchJohnDDined on 8/13/2014Had restaurant week lunch, food portions were modest but delicious, exceptional service and enjoyed our lunch very much sitting at a great table on the patio.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014we sat outside even though it was raining because there was protection. The appetizers were good, 2 of us had the dorado which was fair/good. It was a pleasant evening with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experiencesmayDined on 8/12/2014Great for a special occasion. Had out of town guests...restaurant looks nothing like photos on the website, albeit warm and lovely. Waitstaff was excellent. Manager took excellent care to remember a birthday at the table. On a nice night the tables outside are a real treat for lower NYC. Twingling lights and palm trees surrounded us. Spinach ravioli was excellent and we lucked out with restaurant week pricing. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining On Wall StreetLittleOpenTable50Dined on 8/11/2014Beautiful restaurant both with inside seating and outside seating. The food was good and the waitstaff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Friday Night DinnerJessKaDined on 8/8/2014Granted we went at 9:45 for dinner, which was an available reservation regardless of the fact that the kitchen closes at 10. I have to say for how much hype this restaurant gets, I was hardly impressed. The best part of our meal was the endive salad. There was also only one vegetarian option I believe, not that I generally care about that kind of thing. It did make my dining companion even more irritable than JP morgan already seems to do to him. I would come back for a drink, or maybe lunch. Oh also, I had leftovers wrapped up but they never made it back to me. I suppose thats both of our fault but that's never happened at such an upscale place before. Those kinds of things are generally dealt with when the check is requested.
- Waste of moneyOMsODined on 8/8/2014Had the restaurant week $25 lunch special, which they say is available everyday. Complete waste of money. The endive salad was inedible - soggy with way too much dressing. The pasta dish was served on a coffee saucer. How much smaller could the portion be. Finally the mocha cake was ok. If it wasn't for the bread, I would have been starving. Do not get the lunch special.
- Nice place, food needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Food tasted good and fresh but not worth the money. Portions are conservative and dish simplicity didn't come off as a elegant but instead what you might expect from a less expensive restaurant. Bread was not good (actually how I judge a good Italian restaurant), dry and not fresh. In the end, enjoyed the ambiance and a good evening and checked it off the list. I'm not likely to go back simply because there are better places around.Special Features:
- Good apps, nice outdoor spaceilesinaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went for dinner during restaurant week but did not order from their "year round" rest week menu, as per reviews on yelp. We were seated outside on the balcony- which was a very nice experience. Ordered fried calamari & tuna tartare apps. I loved both apps (@$21.95 each they'd better be good). Very very fresh calamari, perfectly cooked. Would recommend other to order off rest week menu, probly safer bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great terrace level diningDTCBVIPDined on 8/5/2014great terrace level dining and Cipriani is a Wall Street legacy...fantastic for business meetings. Service is a bit slow but super-friendly...there was some confusion regarding who was waiting on our party.Special Features:
- Good Service and great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Very good service and great good i loved it. The locariam is great! The start is amazing and the food fabolous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serivce is not goodManhattanGirl4VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was not that great. The hostess went over to every table except ours to see how things were. My friend ordered a dirty martini and it came in a shooter glass, very strange. I ordered a cosmo and it came in a wine glass, which was hard to drink out of because of the lime. Was not impressed with the drinks, obviously. We were done with our food and it took 45 mins for the waiter to grab the check. Would not really go again because its not worth the price.Special Features:
- LunchMaxwell86Dined on 8/1/2014I had a 1pm lunch reservation for 2 & waited a while to be seated. I also wasn't greeted at the door, there wasn't any host. It's was a bit unorganized & out server looked a bit flustered. Nonetheless the ambiance & food was excellent despite the noted issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShopahoyDined on 7/31/2014The choices and size was poor. Very small portions. Rice was very bland and could not eat it. The pasta choice was so small it was served on a small salad plate, and this was the main course. It was a disappointment for this type of restaurant. Perhaps the regular menu is better but forget about the restaurant week menu!
- Tasty2Dined on 7/31/2014Food was very good. Service excellent. Price point a little too steep for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was nothing specialehillDined on 7/31/2014I was expecting to have an amazing lunch out with a friend..but the food wasn't that interesting or delicious.Special Features:
- Balcony on Wall StreetEatsOutTooMuchDined on 7/31/2014I always enjoy eating here on the balcony overlooking Wall Street. While the food is good, it is not "superb" and the menu selection (for me) is dull and run of the mill. Having said that, if you are looking to eat in the Wall Street area, the view is great on the balcony which is seated on a first come first served basis. You need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING PLACEJELLYDined on 7/30/2014WE TOOK OUR DAUGHTER TO CELEBRATE HER 21ST BDAY. IT WAS AMAZING, THE FOOD EXCELLENT, THE AMBIANCE WAS BEAUTIFULSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food and service!cocoabeanDined on 7/30/2014My colleagues and I go here at least 2-3 times a week for lunch and are always very pleased with the food, wine and service. Margarito and Diego are excellent waiters and Maria and Mariana do a great job making you feel welcome from the time you enter the restaurant. The bus staff is also super attentive and willing to help with anything. Definitely a must if you're in the Wall Street area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Venue is the only good thingallaboutthefeelDined on 7/29/2014Terrible service - had to get our desert to go after waiting 45 minutes for cake. Server didn't know anything about the drinks or the food, and openly admitted so...appalling. This is Cipriani's Wall St. Thank god i didn't bring any clients there.
- Restaurant WeekJKATEDined on 7/29/2014I came with my coworkers during restaurant week. The RW menu was very minimal. I was not expecting a large selection but this was really small. The service was painfully slow. Several people who had sat down after us received their plates before our table. When the food came it out wasn’t very hot, it was semi-warm at best. We had to ask for our check as soon as out entrée were brought over. One of my coworkers had to leave early due to the lack of urgency. I understand that this is an establishment were you want to relax and enjoy your lunch or dinner but it should not take almost 2 hours to dine during lunch hours. All in all I would try it again, the wait staff was very kind and I think everyone deserves a second chance.Special Features:
- All Around Good DiningHappyTravellerDined on 7/29/2014Food is tasty. The table on the balcony is perfect for a summer day. The wait staff is professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Let DownEatWellAndTravelDined on 7/25/2014My fiancé and I went to Cipriani's to check out restaurant week and celebrate my new job. Living in the area, we wanted to experience what all the Cipriani's hype was about. Overall, we were disappointed. The food (we ordered the fish and chicken off the RW menu) was mediocre and very salty. The rice side dish was hard and undercooked. However, Cipriani's does have the most amazing service! The waiters, hostesses, and bartenders were super accommodating, friendly, and professional in their interactions with us. The environment was a cross between a place to be seen and date-night hot spot. We had a drink at the bar and ate on the patio and both were very beautiful. Unfortunately, the environment did not make up for the just "ok" food.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week regretExpectedmoreDined on 7/25/2014The appetizers came out before the wine, they took two of our three appetizers and brought the main courses before our third was done with her appetizer, and we poured our wine in empty glasses more than once. Surprising for a restaurant of Cipriani caliber.Special Features:
- Cipriani Wall StreetNYNajiDined on 7/25/2014Cipriani is known to be a first class restaurant, so it was my pleasure to visit. The wall street location has an outdoor terrace, and although it directly faces some scaffolding across the way, nothing beats eating alfresco, so I was contented with the set up. It could be a very romantic atmosphere because it's very intimate. The food was good; I had a salad as my antipasti; for my main entree I had the red snapper and white rice; for dessert I had the strawberry cheesecake. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Overall it was very nice but I hope to visit the location closest to midtown next in the hopes that the food bowls me over. As I said, the food was good, but it wasn't as exceptional as I'd imagined it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!FoodLoverDined on 7/25/2014I went with my BFF for an early dinner, taking advantage of the restaurant week special and it was awesome. The service was superb, the food was excusitive and the drinks were to die for! Would defenitely go back. Fell in love with the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor SpaceNYCRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/25/2014Delicious, classic upscale Italian food on a gorgeous balcony. Went during busy, workweek lunch rush so service was a bit slower than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe they are still openOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Tasteless horrible food, angry hostess. What else can I add? Oh, do not eat there.
- Not Impressed.AllyDined on 7/25/2014Sorry but I have to be honest, worst than the food that I can cook at home. Not pleased.
- Maybe out restaurant weekThaisfrvDined on 7/24/2014The food and service were terrible. I had hear about Cipriani only good things, especially at Wall Street. I know that restaurant week has a special menu, of course more cheap than normal menu. But if you can't maintain the same quality in restaurant week, don't put the restaurant like cipriani available in restaurant week. I was so exciting to go there and now so disappointed.
- FavoriteFirehavenDined on 7/24/2014This is my favorite downtown NYC restaurant! Lunch...Dinner...Anytime,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend.OnionsDined on 7/24/2014I would not recommend Cipriani's. The portions were small, seemed more like an appetizer than lunch. We all ordered a veal dish and there was very little veal to be found. The waiters were rushing throughout the restaurant, they almost seemed like they were running. The noise level was extremely loud, there were three of us at a small round table and we couldn't hear each other. The chairs were uncomfortable, the backs were too low. Definitely a disappointment.
- HomecookDined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed my striped bass lunch. It was presented in an appetizing and well presented manner. However I did not care for the fennel soup as it didn't have a distinct or interesting flavor. The dessert, was light, and delicious, especially if you like merengue. My partner sent his pasta bolegnese back because it had no flavor, very little sauce and looked like an appetizer portion with scant sauce and meat. He would not return there. We would have liked more options with some creative or unusual choices. The restaurant is pretty especially the outside eating area. However it was too hot and humid to sit out there at lunchtime. Inside was extremely noisy and unpleasant until the rush crowd at 12:00pm left. Service was polite.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/23/2014Did not disappoint. Restaurant week menu items I tried were delicious.Special Features:
- lovelyyummy22Dined on 7/22/2014this restaurant was just great. the service as excellent and the food delicious and yu could sit outside or inside and it was in an historic location so many sites to see. would recommend it any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality on Wall StreetPhiWDined on 7/14/2014Fine dining across from the Museum of American Finance. You do not need to be a successful trader. Excellent Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014New to the Wall Street area, I was pleased to find an elegant and quiet dining establishment that had a lovely lunch menu. Moreover, the waitstaff was professional, charming and knowledgeable. I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Service was sub-paraishaDined on 6/25/2014Quite dissappointing - do not bring anyone you want to impress to this restaurant. Service has taken a dive.Special Features: