376 West Broadway
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/cipriani-downtown
- Phone: 2123430999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private are for your small parties.
- Private Party Contact: Francois Banos 2123430999x
A word from Cipriani Downtown
Cipriani Downtown™ is located at West Broadway near Broome Street in New York City. The more casual version of Harry Cipriani, Downtown offers a slightly less formal menu than its uptown predecessor. Beautifully designed, the restaurant offers outdoor dining when the weather is agreeable, serving lunch and dinner in a party-like atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cipriani Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (16)romantic (13)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- TopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Great service, excellent food. Trendy and relaxed atmosphere, good for diner or lunch. Excellent Bellini! I booked via opentable, but system was not operating when arrived. Very professional welcoming - they got me a table in less then 10 min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not GreatKaylaDined on 10/3/2014We arrived approximately 20 minutes before our reservation time and were able to be seated right away which was nice. Although my entree was delicious (fish of the day), the other two entrees orderd by others at the table were just ok. The service was subpar. We sat outside on the patio which was enjoyable until a homeless man approached every table and asked for money. Though there was a group of 3-5 Cipriani employees observing this, none of them requested that the man leave guests alone. Overall, the experience was average. With so many restaurant options to choose from in New York City, I don't plan on dining at this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Lunch ate CiprianiStellavanderDined on 9/16/2014We had a great time , the food was the best , the service perfect the crowd interesting. We had the chefs menu for a great price U$ 38,00 and 1/2 a bottle of Chardonay it was perfect! The deserts : Cheese Cake , Meringue cake and a redberry cake , so good I wish I could post the pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey and loudyAlexbeeDined on 9/10/2014Despite the open table reservation we had to wait for 20 minutes as the place was packed and they didn't seem to really care about the opentable reservations. The second bad impression was when they opened the water bottle and later I realized it was $11.50 for 1 liter of water... That is expensive plain water!!! The food was good but the waiters were really pressuring the customers to leave as soon as possible to free the tables for others. Unless they were friends of the house.Special Features:
- Vibrant and electricGismondaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great food, outstanding service and a great restaurant to eat and be seen in. This restaurant has atmosphere and quality, and is great for both lunch and dinner. Make a reservation, as it is very popular, and gets very busy most evenings,Special Features:
- Overrated and roudyCDC88Dined on 9/5/2014The services is terrible, the waiters seem to have something better to do than do their job The are far nicer Italians or even restaurants than this place. Avoid
- Classic European VibeHealthyAppetiteVIPDined on 9/3/2014I love to go to Cipriani Dowtown any time of year but particularly when you can sit outside and watch the world go by in SoHo. The food is fantastic and not inexpensive. However, the atmosphere of cool, European chic more than makes up for the $23 salads, which are, by the way fantastic. I would suggest having the classic Belini and then a glass of wine. I would also suggest lingering over your meal and enjoying the atmosphere.Special Features:
- ExcelenteSantinoVIPDined on 8/12/2014De los mejores Restaurantes Italianos en Nueva York el servicio es excelente además de un muy buen ambiente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014overall poor experience. food was not worth the money.Special Features:
- One of the worst services everFoodiefromDCVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was one of the absolutely worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. The staff was unattentive and extremely rude. Avoid this place like the plague.
- Nice but too expensiveHappyVIPDined on 8/6/2014First the service was amazing. Jose is a gem who has been working for the family for many years. He made us feel very welcome. Everything we had was outstanding; however, we only had two drinks and an appetizer because it was more expensive than we realized it would be. The drinks were $19 each. I had a vodka and orange juice, which had fresh squeezed juice. Delish. We had tuna tartare for the appy, also very fresh and divine. We sat inside because it was too warm outside. The atmosphere is lovely.
- OkScar1234Dined on 8/3/2014When my friend I first arrived no one attended us or greeted us. We stood there for 4 minutes and the people that worked there including the manager were looking at us as if we arrived to shut the place down. We decided to walk out after that horrible first impression until a nice black gentlemen who worked there caught our attention and convinced us to go back inside. The manager came to us looking startled and confused. He couldn't even speak with confidence and greeted us dryly. Eventually we sat down and our waiter was very nice and knowledgeable. The quality of the food is not worth the price. I've had way better pasta elsewhere for a lot less and better ambiance. The dessert was blah. Nothing special. I wouldn't eat here again.Special Features:
- Soho PillarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Cipriani is one of Soho's structural columns; solid, indisputable value. Well-proven service who will never fail to offer you the perfect color/decor combining-desperate sugar craving Bellini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffGRoc77VIPDined on 7/31/2014Go in a suit or go in sweats they treat you great and always feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional ItalianmavedaDined on 7/28/2014Good food, good service, great portions. It was a good experience , I really recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merida63Dined on 7/26/2014good food in a great neighborhood ...trhe service was very goodSpecial Features:
- LovelyFC00Dined on 7/21/2014Had a lovely evening with my family and friends at Cipriani. The service was nice and easy, the vibe was great, the food was fabulous. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The best in The VillageLEB1234Dined on 7/13/2014If you are new to NYC, just visiting with a loved one of some friends, YOU MUST GO TO CIPRIANI. The food is amazing, the service is just perfect and it is such a hot spot for people watching and you will most probably run into someone famous there. Great neighborhood too if you want to walk around after lunch or dinner and window shop/shop/hang out. Simply the best (I have been there 3 times)Special Features:
- Average All aroundStefaniaDined on 6/28/2014Food was pretty good, but the service was only mediocre. The staff seemed rushed and to want to get you out quickly. Space was tight but that wasn't a huge deal. Ambiance is nice and cozy, but the terrace is small so it's hard to get a spot outside. Lots of other places I'd want to try before going back here.Special Features:
- The following 112 reviews are from the Cipriani Downtown reviews archive.
- Always a pleasureFoodieNYCDined on 6/15/2014For Classic Venetian food, this is the spot. Rich with history of Harry's bar in Venice, few know that it was the location where both carpaccio and bellinis were created. There are no trendy dishes on the menu, just extraordinary soups, amazing prosciutto, salads, pastas and classical Venetian style entrees. And this family knows how to make you feel at home and special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visit, rude serviceNYrestloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014Even though i had a reservation, they stuck as at a table near the bathroom....could smell the disinfectant. The waiter asked us if we were ready to order at least 6 times during the first 10 minutes we were seated. He acted like he was doing us a big favor by waiting on us. The food is good, but extremely expensive (which I knew, but you would expect them to treat you better). We are NY'ers. We were well dressed. I had my 9 year old daughter with us (which i'm guessing is why they stuck us in such a bad table), but it was Father's Day! Never again and I eat out at pricey restaurants at least 4x per week.Special Features:
- ---OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food is good but place is uncomfortable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Great foodniceDined on 6/1/2014Good food, good service and nice surroundings in a lovely neighbourhoodSpecial Features:
- WorstFox777Dined on 5/25/2014Waited my table more then 30 min!!! Worst service ever!
- Great Downtown SpotTJBCHIVIPDined on 5/21/2014I have been coming to that space since it was the Wall Street Regent. Nice to see it running strongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied!GuorlDined on 5/21/2014The restaurant was full of beautiful people, food was light and very flavored. Nice wines. I felt like been in Italy. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, incredible companyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014This is an authentic Italian restaurant. It is frequented by celebrities (we saw a huge star there), but is not remotely stuffy. We were treated like royalty. Great food, great ambiance, excellent service. Going back every time I'm in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mzsc14nyDined on 5/14/2014Cipriani Downtown is a very good place to go with friends and have a good time, food is very good but prices are high for the food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSaraswedenDined on 5/10/2014Best italian restaurang! Good food... Don't miss the bellinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecioVIPDined on 5/7/2014No compromise With time. Excess of noise. Service good but didn't resolve
- Very niceGabyLacerdaDined on 5/3/2014Good service, a lot of beautiful people, great food and best bellinis in town.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Nice place to have lunch. Be aware that if you are waiting for a table and Italians walk in, they will be allowed to skip the line and prolong your wait - even if you have reserved a table in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!MeisterchicDined on 4/26/2014Great vibe, great food, great atmosphere .... A perfect 10... If I list 7 more things that are great, which I can. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your Time or MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014Way over-rated !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expensive and food was just okay !!!
- okMiacDined on 4/16/2014Went for dinner on a wednesday night - good service, but quality and ambience were not proportional to amount spent.Special Features:
- Treated like Gold!RichDined on 4/12/2014What an enjoyable experience yet again at this fun spot. The place is busy and the food is super clean and fresh. The artichoke and avocado salad is super and the tuna tartare is a winner. The waitstaff are some of the most attentive in the city, watching every move but so unobtrusive. Tables on both sides of us both asked us to do things (move the bench, borrow our olive oil-nicely enough) but the staff ran to our rescue and quietly apologized. Quite an effort to be sure we were comfortable in such a busy spot. Thank you for a fun, delicious lunch Cipriani! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, butROCKDined on 4/10/2014The food was very good, but unfortunately the service was not. We had to ask for a waiter to come over to place our order. We had to ask for our bill. I was very surprised that we were ignored, but there was celebrity in the restaurant at the time, so they seemed to be placing their service elsewhere.
- SpaceLuisDined on 3/19/2014The tabela are too close.You feral like os everybore ia lunching together But the food is very goodSpecial Features:
- Good as always, but...AHernandezVIPDined on 3/16/2014I've been going to cipriani restaurants for as long as I can remember, I have gone to this in particular, since it also has a great bar for Sundays, however, never in all my visits I have been refused to be served another drink, which happened this time which I happened to be celebrating with my wife and friend an important personal accomplishment. It made my celebration go sour in 2 seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overburdened by ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Cipriani has always been my preference for bringing in my clients but the excessive meddling by two wait staff was not only overburdening but also very confusing resulting in dishes that we really did not want: a huge salad bowl of chopped tomatoes and another huge bowl of chopped tomatoes. They need to employ smarter staff who understand what clients want rather than trying to pushing unwanted dishes. Very disappointing.