Cipollini Trattoria and Bar
2110c Northern Blvd.
Manhasset, NY 11030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cipollini Trattoria and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cipollinirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5166277172
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Scala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cipollini Trattoria and Bar
Located in Americana Manhasset, Long Island's most impressive shopping destination, Cipollini Trattoria & Bar is a casual, Manhattan-Style Restaurant. A Metropolitan dining experience that offers freshly prepared, satisfying meals at moderate prices in a comfortable inviting atmosphere. Cipollini has gained a reputation for its array of contemporary Italian specialties as well as their Greek and American influenced dishes. Whether your palette prefers savory salads, enticing entrees or freshly made brick-oven pizzas, Cipollini offers variety and distinctive quality that will suit everyone’s taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cipollini Trattoria and Bar - Best Restaurants in Manhasset ›
Cipollini Trattoria and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (47)hot spot (33)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)great for brunch (14)romantic (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great lunch spotHatestocookDined on 10/23/2014Met a client there for lunch of salad and pasta. Tasty and unique salads and great service.Special Features:
- Double Date NightGirlsDined on 10/17/2014Had a great time this Friday with our friends. Food was great. We were seated outside and it was very nice, after the space heater went out they had no problem moving us inside. We enjoyed ourselves very muchSpecial Features:
- After theaterEatingoutisfunDined on 10/12/2014Food and service very good however the noise surrounding you is deafening. Make sure to sit close to your dining partner or dont speak, hard to be heard. On the other hand food is delicious.
- foodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Found the food to be a bit underseasoned this time, & the service not up to par, but generally always a fun & wonderful restaurant to dine in - lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just not that goodfascinatedVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food is bland, boring and even with salt, not that interesting. The waiters are a bit entertaining, but this place is nothing special.Special Features:
- 3CookieBoyDined on 9/13/2014The food was good. The location is convenient. I did not like people walking through the outdoor area where I was sitting. The service was very good. I like to lunch there except for the noise level.Special Features:
- CipolliniRestaurantReviewerDined on 9/9/2014A great go-to place when you're minor sure where to go. Good food... Bread delicious.. Theore crumbs on the table, the more you enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodJohhnyhVIPDined on 9/4/2014Has become my daughter and my own favorite place to meet and eat. Outdoor dining very nice. But I think the dogs being brought by patrons really should go.Special Features:
- Favorite , food was average todayAvidfoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014We sat a long time before we were served. The Bronzino was dry aand the pasta was not hot. We have eaten here before and it has been really good. The food quality simulated a cruise , mass food out at one time. Lots of tables. However , when we arrived it was not at all busy. We arrived at 6:00 reservation, placed order 6:15pm. By 7:30 we asked waiter where the food he didn't put the order in. "What"!!! He claims he was waiting on third guest. We told him that the third person joining us wasn't coming". If by chance they showed up they will order later, In meantime, here's our order. We literally sat at restaurant with ( lucky our little dog was well behaved for over 2 hours. The branzino was cold, dry and pasta. We were disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CipoliniRestaurantReviewerDined on 8/25/2014Like a city restaurant... Good food.. Nice menu... Accommodating for changes or substitutions..noise level at prime times with music can be deafening...sit outside during those timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We have been to Cipollini many times over the years. This time we were disappointed. We had a 6pm reservation and requested outside seating. Knowing that we may be a little late, we called the restaurant to see if we can move it to 6:30. They said no problem but we may have to wait a a little bit, 45 minutes. That to me is not a bit. We made it by 6:10. We were escorted to a table towards the back of the restaurant where it was completely empty. When we asked about sitting outside, they said we would have to wait 45 minutes despite having requested it when reserving. BTW, there were empty tables outside. As for the food, appetizers & main dishes came one after another and we were done in less than 45 minutes. Not my idea of a $150 dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014perfect for mom's 90th birthday lunch! Italians from Milano next to us made it authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014It's in a mall so that's a bit negative for me ,and, we sat outside next to the parking lot which is also a bit negative. I ordered a veal chop cooked medium rare. It arrived well done and dry. My companion had no problem with her food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014Waiter was awful , unprofessional and messed up our order several times and split the bill 40-60 with the other couple we were with ... ? Weird !Special Features:
- Service was not as good as my meal!BeanDined on 8/14/2014Went on a Thursday early evening. Outside was full. Bar was crowded inside was not(this was at 6:00). Two servers and horrible service! Food was yummy as it always is😋 Order the octopus and wholered snapper,it is consistent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer dining experienceWeezy722VIPDined on 8/14/2014Made reservations for lunch, not expecting to get a table outside (as the reservations state); so was pleasantly surprised that we were offered a prime table outside in the shade on a perfect August day! Food and service were excellent, as always...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fussyeaterDined on 8/13/2014Great food, great service. Very noisy! Tiramisu was absolutely delicious and light!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have been to Cipppolini several times and is consistently good, service is great despite the fact that it is always packed.Special Features:
- People watchingGourmantVIPDined on 7/30/2014Pasta dish good but not worth the price. Chicken over salad tasteless Try pizza or burger to play it safe. Over priced but fun to people watch. Great for older singles at batSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/27/2014always, fresh & delicious... 2nd time going back this week....Special Features:
- Better than everMark4VIPDined on 7/26/2014The portions r huge,the Veal Milanese is fabulous & the service is terrific. I recomend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary and we wanted to try a new place for a change. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was very good. The wait staff was very attentive, We will be back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night at CippoliniMartyDined on 7/23/2014A great, fun place to eat. It's vibrant and the service is very attentive, except when they say can make any type of cocktail, but can't come up with a coconut martini. Excellent selction of foods with the right presentation. Disappointed with dessert selection. Pancotta was a tasteless blob that was only saved when we asked for mixed fruit with it. For all the interesting descriptions of their selections: why is mundane "chocloate cake" thrown in. We love chocolate, but this chocolate cake could have been something special, or an out of the box cake. Because of the lame description, we skipped it.Special Features:
- Just OKMichaelVIPDined on 7/12/2014Everything about the place was just alright. I must say the bartender at the front sucked, made me wait like I was invisible. Then served someone he recognized who showed up 5 minutes after me. The guy eating at the bar said he is usually great but was in a bad mood? Really let me pay fifteen bucks and tip him for his efforts. We sat way in the back which is like being sent to the basement.Special Features:
- Friday, July 11 Dining ExperienceBunniesBites55Dined on 7/11/2014We had a lovely dinner Friday evening, though were disappointed that despite a reservation made 2 weeks in advance, we had to wait close to 45 minutes for an outdoor table. Waiting at the bar proved to be expensive. With that said, there were 4 of us and we were served efficiently. The food was very good. I would definitely recommend Cipollini to friends and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everMark4VIPDined on 7/5/2014Since the renovation the kitchen seems to have stepped up it's game. The service is always very efficient & professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, annoying crowdJm26Dined on 7/3/2014The food and service were excellent but the restaurant was very loud - so much that we had to yell to hear each other across the table. The crowd was pretentious- ladies all wearing their tightest dresses, highest heels and fresh Botox (literally).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD SELECTIONCPAMBA711Dined on 7/3/2014GREAT MENU, GENEROUS PORTIONS, VERY ATTENTIVE SERVER STAFF, NEVER RUSHED OR PUSHY. EATEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER ORDERED THE SAME DISH TWICE. i WOULD SUGGEST SHARING WITH THE RIGHT PERSON WHO MAY BE A LITTLE ADVENTUROUS. FOR EXAMPLE. THE GRILLED OCTOPUS WAS DELICIOUS COOKED PERFECT;Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablecoreyman97VIPDined on 7/2/2014You can always count on Cipollini's for real good food and service. The Poll brothers donut the right way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Cipollini Trattoria and Bar reviews archive.
- It's a hot spotwmw322VIPDined on 6/13/2014Not an epicurean event for sure, but for a quick, fix for a meal, pizza or to be part if a "scene" it works just fine. There was a little white yapping dog at the table near ours and we found that to be just over to top ANNOYING. Dining al fresco or not, a barking 4 legged anything should never have been tolerated. Glad that we were on our way out or I'd have definitely been barking back at the management. This is a dependable watering hole. Great pizzas and great seafood salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulieDined on 6/12/2014The food and service was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and i look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for improvementToplawNYCVIPDined on 6/8/2014The 2 maître'd was too busy socializing with a guest than to seat us. I cleared my throat and one looked in my direction and finally seated us. Didn't even apologize for letting the line build up while his back was turned. Service is hit/miss. There have been good times and others where it left more to be desired. I feel that if the 'staff' doesn't provide the same level of service to everyone - if they know you, then you be given importance. Food is great - too bad the service has such significant room for improvement. When walking out of the restaurant, the maître'd looked but couldn't even muster a "hope you enjoyed everything"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was average. Too loud. Could barely hear each other across the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelCPAMBA711Dined on 6/5/2014Despite not being full the restaurant was very noisy - this was my second vsit there, I had the chicken scarpiello. a dish that I cooked for "Look Who's Cooking" featured in Newsday. I only ate about 1/3rd becase it was not well prepared. I would not return nor recommend this restaurant.
- Consistently goodMark4VIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food Great service Nice renervation Great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedarthurVIPDined on 5/23/2014Got to the Resturant on time Was told 30-45 min wait. The Resturant was totally packed No room to wak through the front door The bar was 3 deep It was very clear that they where way overbooked. I left Very upstep and would never go back
- The "In" placekittyDined on 5/17/2014This is a wonderful restaurant that never disappoints. Food and service are excellent. It is not a budget buster although you will see the rich and famous from the North Shore here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I love this restaurant, is my second time been here with my family, we like the food, the ambient and the staff, definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends, see you soon guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host hurt overall experienceBorn2EatVIPDined on 5/10/2014This past Saturday night, we arrived at 8:50pm for a 9pm reservation. Checked in with the Host (named Hector) who said that table was not ready (as it was crowded) and to go have a drink at the bar. Host took my name, but didn't really check us into the computer or any other system they may use. We go to the bar to have a drink and noticed that the only thing the Host was really doing was hugging and kissing people he apparently knew, sitting others as they walked in, and not paying attention to us who had a reservation. By 9:30pm, we are still at bar, and Hector the Host kept ignoring us. I noticed plenty of open tables, so I decided to say something to the other host (taller gentleman), who sat us immediately. Overall, food was goodSpecial Features:
- Jmb1VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food ordered was very good. We could barely hear each other speak and there was no one on two if the sides if our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.