1213 West Lynn
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cipollina-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124775211x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10am - 3pm, 5pm - 9pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Hunt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cipollina
Cipollina is a neighborhood bistro serving Italian, locally-sourced food. Our seasonal menu features salads, small plates, large plates and wood-fired pizzas. We’re open for lunch and dinner daily. Reservations accepted and walk-ins also welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cipollina - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cipollina reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Surprisingly DelightfulEMK44Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a lot of fun.Great menu and exceptional service. Food wasn't mind-blowing... but it was delicious and simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindeatupATXDined on 9/13/2014Easy place to have a quick bite before an event. Pasta was delicious!Special Features:
- Cippollina - Italian bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Great West Austin Italian bistro on West Lynn in Clarksville neighborhood. Yummy pizzas, pasta dishes, appetizers, and wine list.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Nice dinner -- good food, good service, easy parking!Special Features:
- Great food & service!ZilkerGirlDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite place to dine out. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Nice out-of-the-way spotSusieDined on 8/9/2014Pancetta/spinach pizza was amazing, ditto the handmade pasta w/ bolognese, lightly fried calamari & pickled vegetables; brussels sprouts, however, were bland and underwhelming. Server was knowledgeable, if a tiny bit scattered--no big deal. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMommymommybearDined on 7/25/2014The service was excellent and the entrees so tasty. The pasta choices were unique, yet very Italian. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbor eateryAzottVIPDined on 7/7/2014Cipollina food is goog the wait staff is attentive but be prepared the place can get noicey. Our table of 4 had 3 of the pasta dishes the and everyone in our party I enjoyed them. The wine list has a little of everything. We will return.Special Features:
- Excellent FindhamburglarDined on 6/20/2014Great Italian food with a French / Texas influence. Everything made from scratch. Bolognese and pizza were excellent. Will have to make it back here to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- We love Cipollina!ZilkerGirlDined on 6/15/2014We always love the food and atmosphere at Cipollina. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- MoJoDined on 6/13/2014Consistent food and service. Great pizzas and pastas. Fun ambience. Glad that the menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad not goodDontknockitDined on 6/12/2014The food is OK. But for the prices and the SMALL portion sizes, I'd expect it to be excellent. Very long wait time for food. Service was adequate.
- PapaTVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed the new menu and wine selections. We live in the neighborhood and will be dining there more often..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the Cipollina reviews archive.
- Uneven ExperienceOpenEaterVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were really looking forward to dining at Cipollina. We'd heard about it for awhile, so our expectations were high. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. While the Caesar salad was quite good, my pasta was not what was described on the menu and was heavy, with the pasta sticking in a few chunks. My husband had a steak which he called "not good," and the roasted brussels sprouts lacked seasoning. A friend, however, really enjoyed her pizza, and it did look quite good. While the basil creme brûlée was not completely redeeming, it was delicious (thus the "good" rating for the food). Sadly, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Austin keeps it weirdciciriderVIPDined on 5/16/2014As a New York transplant to Austin, Cipollina is one of those classic twists you find in Austin: terrible or forgettable restaurants are slammed with business for who knows what reason (Miss Josephine's across the street), and total food gems, like this place, are completely overlooked. Hey, I'm not complaining, It means I can always get a table and that there is zero attitude. If this restaurant were in NYC in a cute neighborhood like Clarksville, you would never be able to get a table. I love it! I even hesitated to leave a review because I dread the day Austin wakes up to the value/quality of this restaurant. Not to be missed: the bolognese (best pasta dish in all of Austin), the bean dip, the pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experiencejbausDined on 5/11/2014Cippolina has become an incredible neighborhood dining experience. The food is wonderful. Several in our group ordered the chicken and waffles, and the kids solit a pizza. My wife loved the salmon benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty neighborhood Italian gemRebeccammendationsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Cipollina was a perfect place to have dinner on a visit home with my parents. The atmosphere is simple and welcoming, the food was flavorful, the menu is small enough not to overwhelm you, but large enough to have options for everyone. The Funghi pizza was delicious, as was the fresh kale salad, and the chicken meatballs with hearty cannelloni beans in a light, bright marinara sauce.Special Features:
- DeliciousAnnaDined on 5/2/2014I have been here several times, and each time is a treat. The only negative is that it gets very loud. Great service and food. We ordered soup and didn't like it so weren't charged for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantPMR1Dined on 4/12/2014Very special neighborhood restaurant ! Adequate lot parking even on a SAturday evening. Service was great--very professional and attentive. Food choices were outstanding. We'll be sure to come back soon!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantlindabVIPDined on 4/12/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Our party ordered a wide variety of selections from the menu, and all were very pleased with the quality of the food and the attractive presentation. Cipollina is now definitely on our short list in Austin.Special Features:
- Better for dinnerHappHourHappyLifeDined on 3/30/2014I have been to Cipollina a few times for dinner and it has always been outstanding--- the mussels are my go to item. So, since we love them for dinner we decided to give it a go for brunch. Their menu was sparse. Nothing really stood out, so we opted for pizza. The pizza was good and just the right size. No complaints, but I had been hoping for more of a brunch meal than just pizza. The one highlight was the ginger prosecco cocktail, that was great. The blood orange mimosa was okay, nothing special, but the michelada was a total miss-- more pickled than spicy. The restaurant was also very empty, but if they rev up the menu I know this place would be a hit.Special Features:
- Fun Neighborhoodleekbc1155Dined on 3/20/2014Our server was great. The food was good. The neighborhood is charming.Special Features:
- great as alwaysdaveVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great as always; loved the wine; loved the lamb pasta; loved the staff
- who's cooking?andrewDined on 3/8/2014This was the worst restaurant experience I had had in a while. Our server was friendly, the wine was well recommended, but the food was watery, the cheese plate wasn't described to us as it was delivered. I don't know who's cooking and bussing these days, but plates were cleared before everyone was done, and our pizza tasted nothing like what it did when we went there last year. The kale tasted like wilted spinach, while brussels sprouts were mostly raw. I neglected to complain in the moment, because given my date's reaction to her food, I doubted the kitchen could do any better. so I tipped fairly and left, I doubt I'll be coming back. For 50$ per person, i'd have hoped for a bit more.
- NOISYmellyDined on 3/1/2014Don't think anything could be done, but so noisy you could barely carry on a conversation. Lunch might be better time than dinnerSpecial Features:
- GreatThais95Dined on 2/22/2014Terrific staff--friendly and helpful. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is friendly and knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2014Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Place is noisy but great as a neighborhood bar. Calamari was terrific, rest of appetizers were no more than OK. Service was very slow. We spent much time with our appetizers until someone asked if we need something else. They were a little surprised when we finally were able to place our dinner reservation. Pasta dishes were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very nice...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, the servers were great, and the tables were spread out enough that you could have a conversation and not feel that everyone was listening to you.Special Features:
- Weekday LunchaustinFoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Nice restaurant for a weekday lunch with a menu that includes tasty individual pizzas, fresh pastas, and creative salads. Our group enjoyed both the margherita pizza and nicoise salad. The nicoise salad is recommended and definitely will be on the list for our next lunch visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor seatingMelODined on 2/11/2014The food is great and this is a very quaint neighborhood spot. I was disappointed, however, in their choice of where to seat our party. We had a reservation for 8 (7 adults and 1 child). They sat us at a table for maximum 6 so it was extremely crowded and we were practically sitting on top of one another. They also sat 2 adults at either end of the table which was in the walkway to the kitchen and bathroom. I felt like that seating option lacked a bit of common sense and we should have been placed in a more comfortable configuration in a different area of the restaurant. Had we not made a reservation, I would be more forgiving, but the restaurant had plenty of time to make appropriate accommodations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cipollina is always excellentZilkerGirlDined on 2/8/2014Food is imaginative and well-prepared. The service is attentive, and the ambiance very pleasant. We just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindJorieDined on 2/1/2014Loved the location and were excited to try a new place. The gnocci was great. My husband's dish wasn't as good and the dessert was not very good (got cheesecake). The wine was lovely and the service was good. I did enjoy the caprese salad. it was mostly just average...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to meet with friendsbtaustinDined on 1/29/2014Very comfortable surroundings - parking easy to find - noise level very tolerable even when all tables filled - knowledgable and very helpful service staff -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backHappydinerVIPDined on 1/28/2014We love the bistro ambiance--reminds us of trips to Europe. And the pasta is wonderful, not to mention those great appetizers, soups, and desserts.Special Features:
- We are regulars!ZilkerGirlDined on 1/24/2014This is still our favorite place to eat out! The food is always great and the atmosphere friendly and laid back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quaint location.MikeDined on 1/10/2014Great food, quaint location. Was a bit loud, but that kind of added to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodFromtheneighborhoodDined on 1/4/2014Only ding was for the slow service. Not because our server was poor, she was just way too busy. She was very nice and treated us well but the lack of help made the wait times pretty long in between drink refills and orders. I'd always recommend this place. Kale Pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love that I can dine hereNikkieDined on 12/31/2013I love that I can dine here with my husband all dressed up on NYE or an anniversary, but I could just as easily dress casually and fit in. The brunch is tasty. The menu is fairly limited, so they'll make substitutions for vegetarians. On NYE they didn't have the whole fish because they had flown in shrimp for their prix fixe. I like that you can trust ingredients are fresh/local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cipollina!SassyWineBellyVIPDined on 12/28/2013This restaurant never fails! It's my go-to restaurant for brunch or dinner with friends. Great food, great drinks, great service! Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great office gatheringlunchbunchDined on 12/13/2013We had an office luncheon and everything was great. On-site parking, tables ready when we came in, great food, outstanding service. We had a diversity of orders and the kitchen and server got everything right the first time. I would highly recommend it and I will be taking clients there now that I have found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.