Cioppino's On The Wharf
400 Jefferson St.
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Cioppino's On The Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cioppinosf.com/
- Phone: 4157759311x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for special events up to 288 persons. Group dining menus starting at just $23 per person.
A word from Cioppino's On The Wharf
Welcome to Cioppino's, located on the corner of Jefferson and Leavenworth Street (across from the Cannery) on Fisherman's Wharf. Cioppino's offers a reasonably priced menu of fresh seafood, pasta and pizza, along with a full bar. Relax in our spacious dining room or soak up the sun on our sidewalk patio as you watch the pedestrians stroll by. Whether you bring the family or dine alone, you are always welcome at Cioppino's On The Wharf. (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip: $18 and below.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cioppino's On The Wharf - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Cioppino's On The Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (17)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (14)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Love This Venue!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We would go there again if the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Our eating experience on Tuesday was so amazing we are going back tomorrow to try the mussels. The food is just excellent.Special Features:
- romantic get awayysidroDined on 8/22/2014first of all our flight was delayed so since we couldn't make it they moved our reservation to a later time we made it and they accomendated us sat us next to a window and the guy accross the street was funny dressed in all silver like a statue playing music at times fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly Good FindPickyHungryGirlof3Dined on 8/20/2014On the Wharf, hungry with the family. Saw this place and decided to make a reservation for the next day. Everyone loved it!Special Features:
- Not what I expectedKikiDined on 8/15/2014By the food prices and wait I expected a nice restaurant but instead got a loud frat house with ok food. The calimari was rubbery and greasy, the mahi was over cooked, the veggies were cold, and the Bellini glass was a sticky mess. I wouldn't go back nor would I tell anyone about this place. Over priced for not good quality or atmosphere.Special Features:
- doctorpepperDined on 8/11/2014Wife had spaghetti and M/B, she didn't finish...I had their marquee dish (cioppino) and it was just so-so.
- Good food at fair pricesVta2SFDined on 8/3/2014We had one night in SF and didn't want to spend an hour waiting to eat someplace, so we took a chance and made a reservation at Cioppino's based on other reviews. Nice selection of Italian and seafood, which we wanted since my wife will not eat fish. We got the sourdough garlic bread appetizer, fish and chips, and spaghetti and meatballs, all of which were very good. They have a good drink menu, with some local micro-brews, tried the Alcatraz Amber, good stuff. Ambiance was typical Italian themed, big windows but one faces the back of a building and from the other window the view of bay was a bit lacking. Table for two is really small and cramped up against a pillar. All in all in was good food, good service and fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time in Cioppino's!!Lory71Dined on 8/2/2014I returned after many years and must say that Food and athmosfere is always fantastic! Bravi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialKeiKei22Dined on 8/2/2014This review is on behalf of my parents. I made reservations here for their 35th Wedding Anniversary. For one I was happy they had reservations for the same day and a great time. They were unclear of where they wanted to go. It was a busy day for all of us. The clam chowder was delicious, the combo Louie was extremely fresh, the cioppino was perfectly delicious. The service was just as equally excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedMe2014Dined on 8/2/2014I have no idea who can give four stars and above to this place and call it "the best cioppino" in San Francisco. Cioppino is far from being the best, dungeon crab preparation is horrible. You have garlic taste instead of crab taste. It is also greasy. Looks like Applebee's at best with much higher noise level. Much more better place around to go for a SF seafood.Special Features:
- A must do for San Fransisco visit.john49Dined on 7/26/2014The signature dish, cioppino, is delicious and unique. A real invented in San Francisco delight! Not romantic, by the Bay dining. Very tourist oriented.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMIL3Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and two daughters had a great dinner at Cioppino. We made a reservation and requested a table with a water view. The accommodated our request and were seated on time. The sangria was really good, as well as the seafood dishes. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- LoriDined on 7/22/2014The service was good. The food was pretty good, but served to us lukewarm.
- Mediocre foodTravelerDined on 7/22/2014I had looked at a few reviews and chose Cioppinos for diner. We had no trouble getting a reservation. The restaurant looked busy, but we had good service. We were seated in the rear, what I would have thought was overlooking the bay. Disappointingly it only looked out to a parking lot. Of course, that isn't anyone's fault. However, my mahi mahi was very dry and flavorless. The pasta Alfredo and crab cakes my husband had were ok. Nothing special. The mashed potatoes were the best dish on my plate. However, I believe the entre cost $27. That was a lot to pay for potatoes. Overall, I expected much higher quality food for these prices. I would not recommend Cioppinos.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014BEST CIOPPINO EVER!!! My wife had the seafood special...mahi mahi swordfish and pesto Alfredo fettucine...Belisimo!!! The crab crostini was amazing and the clam chowder was chunky and bountiful... Even the drinks were outstanding...top shelf margaritas and a top shelf martini...MOS DEF return and recommend...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily accommodated my large party!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I had to make a switch for my elopement dinner party and it was easy for them to accommodate 20 of us on quick notice! Service was good, food was delicious, and it's close to parking which isn't always easy near the Wharf! Love this place! I go back every time I visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was my first time eating at this resturant and I would come back in a heart beat. The food was excellent and the service was on point. I will defiantly come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingchesapeakeVADined on 7/1/2014When you look online the prices and pictures make it seem like a fancy restaurant. But it is not that way at all. The place smells terribly of fish. Our meals were very disappointing. I would avoid this place!
- Great foodLaurenDined on 6/30/2014Very busy restaurant with lots of tourists due to its location but food was amazing! We had the signature dish ciopinno and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Fisherman's WharfSpartanjmkDined on 6/23/2014Went to Cioppinos at the suggestion of a friend while we were staying in San Fran for a few days. When we arrived we were greeted by name (the hostess knew that we were her 6:45 reservation) and were seated at a window seat. The appetizer -a salmon, avocado and shrimp bruschetta was delicious and didn't skimp on the good stuff. Our meals were out promptly and were really good...I had the Cioppino which was really tasty and had plenty of seafood. My wife had chicken risotto which was plentiful and delicious. The kids fare was typical - pasta, burgers, etc., but there were no complaints from the kids. Our server was friendly and rarely made us wait but also wasn't overbearing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner on Fishermans' WharfGregBDined on 6/15/2014Had a nice meal with four fussy teenagers who all enjoyed it - good food, good variety, friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day Dinner!JamesVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were given a great wharf-view table thanks to our Open Table reservations! Excellent Cioppino, drinks, and sourdough bread. A great choice in the touristy Fisherman's Wharf area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The one and only...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014The Cioppino is the reason you go. Great food, but they do the dish perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome cioppinohungryhippoDined on 6/10/2014Awesome food, service and overall restaurant. Would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alaskan King Crab or bustBigDfamilyDined on 6/10/2014Perhaps we should have known that eating at a touristy fisherman's wharf restaurant would be a disappointment. The Alaskan King Crab legs were EXCELLENT, but everything else -- even the chocolate mousse -- was bland and tasteless. The waiter was very friendly but inept. We will not return.
- Our first visit to Cioppino'sTeenyJDined on 6/10/2014We were on trip visiting SF and chose to dine at Cioppino's because they allow dogs in their outdoor patio section. The waiter was great and brought our puppy a bowl of water right when we sat down. The Cioppinos soup was excellent, but the crab cakes were just okay. Customer service was also excellent. Overall I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the Wharf, a good choiceSAWHOPEVIPDined on 5/30/2014Fisherman's Wharf is not the place for elegant dining. However, we had just seen Coit Tower and wanted a wharf restaurant nearby, to complete the SF experience. We had a good table (that is, we could see the people walking by on the street), very good fish and chips, and shared an excellent fresh salad. Ratings would be improved overall if it had a better wine list.Special Features:
- Great FindBigDaddyDined on 5/24/2014Our first trip to Cioppono's at Fisherman's Wharf certainly won't be our last. Great food, reasonably priced, great attentive service, and wonderful vibrant ambience. We recommend their signature dish. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SFTustinsweetheartsDined on 5/24/2014Went there for the house dish cioppino which my gf enjoyed immensely. I had the swordfish which was excellent. We actually got a table in the back with a view of the golden gate which was nice as there were several large and loud groups in the middle of the restaurant. It is impressive that the restaurant can do the volume it does with the tourists and still keep the quality level with the fresh seafood.Special Features:
- DisappointinghungrygirlDined on 5/24/2014My daughter and I were really looking forward to a nice dinner to celebrate her 21st birthday, but were sorely disappointed with Cioppino's on the Wharf. Our server did not take our food order until we had finished our drinks and the table next to us had already received their food. It was very warm in the restaurant and the sun was blinding. Some diners were wearing sunglasses because it was so bright. The food, which we ended up taking to go, was decent but not worth the wait (they weren't taking reservations).
- MehnotafoodieDined on 5/23/2014Dated decor, old menus, and when the food was served my plate had greasy fingerprints all around the edges. We choose this restaurant because it said gluten free friendly, and while they did offer gluten free spaghetti, about halfway though eating my meal I found a piece of not gluten free penne pasta in the middle of my dish. NOT what someone with celiac disease wants to find. Which all that being said, the waitstaff was very nice.
- waiter super servicetertiarydogVIPDined on 5/22/2014Eduardo was a super terrific nice waiter. The food was OK - not gourmet but decently overcooked fish. Nothing wrong with this place. Safe clean nice service - nothing to wow over.Special Features:
- ExcellentMaryfromNJDined on 5/17/2014Cioppino signature dish was better than expected. Sour dough bread the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad. DinnerValentinesDayDateDined on 5/16/2014After graduating, I wanted to take my family out to dinner at one of my favorite spots in the city. Great food, the service was outstanding. Waiters were attentive to our needs and even though I had to wait for my meal, the servers didn't miss a beat. Overall I was very pleased.Special Features:
- great food and patiobidredDined on 5/12/2014My wife thought this was probably her best meal of the trip. I still liked Scomas better but this was close to taking the top spot. I had some fishermans mixed fried dush. The calamari was great with perfect texture. Great wine, fish, patio setting, and service. Price was reasonable for the wharf area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the Cioppino's On The Wharf reviews archive.
- Great lunch in San FranciscoKittyDined on 5/1/2014We sat outside and had great service, great food and great wine. I had the Cioppino and chose to have my crab outside the shell which made for easier consumption. My husband had carbonara with perfectly al dente pasta and creamiest of sauces. Very enjoyable lunch on a sunny SF day.Special Features:
- nice surprisewannabechefVIPDined on 4/28/2014I was honestly prepared for a touristy experience from this restaurant on the wharf. I was pleasantly surprised. The space was good, the service was good , and the food was very good. The cioppino was awesome and even my wife's fish and chips was something special.
- Average/poor ambianceAlipDined on 4/24/2014Reservation through open table, but was sat at a table in the bar area. Noisy and not what I expected, a table in the main dining area may have been better. Food was mediocre...I've definitely had better at the other restaurants on my other trips to San Fran. Service was good he checked on us many times and kept our drinks full and was nice. Food and ambiance not worth returning.
- Cioppino' is Quite AccomodatingFLOYDSDined on 4/20/2014I enjoyed how our reserved table was set and placed near a large open window overlooking the street life of the wharf. The staff met all of our desires and wants with a smile and with quick, kind service. I enjoyed the wine choices. Food was cooked to perfection. Thank you for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute findjoepDined on 4/11/2014We had late dinner and Cioppino's was perfect choice, delicious seafood cioppino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.