Cioppino's On The Wharf
400 Jefferson St.
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Cioppino's On The Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cioppinosf.com/
- Phone: 4157759311x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for special events up to 288 persons. Group dining menus starting at just $23 per person.
A word from Cioppino's On The Wharf
Welcome to Cioppino's, located on the corner of Jefferson and Leavenworth Street (across from the Cannery) on Fisherman's Wharf. Cioppino's offers a reasonably priced menu of fresh seafood, pasta and pizza, along with a full bar. Relax in our spacious dining room or soak up the sun on our sidewalk patio as you watch the pedestrians stroll by. Whether you bring the family or dine alone, you are always welcome at Cioppino's On The Wharf. (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip: $18 and below.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cioppino's On The Wharf - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Cioppino's On The Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)scenic view (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nice find!Tapper33Dined on 10/17/2014It's always a gamble trying a restaurant in a tourist area, but this was a great find. The food and service were great and the outdoor dining was fantastic.Special Features:
- DebiDined on 10/11/2014Thank you for making my mother 80th birthday special. Our entire group enjoyed their meal and the service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- loud/coldJoefDined on 10/10/2014Lound. Average service. Food was good if it was fish based otherwise average. Bread hard and not flavourful. A/C vent blows cild air, had to keep jacket on during dinner. Temp was 60° outside.
- Cioppino's diningBirthdayBash19Dined on 10/9/2014Cioppino's has good food and the prices are okay as well. The service could be better. Great view and parking is okay during certain days and hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable pricesTraceyMagDined on 9/28/2014Even though there wasn't a view, if you chose to sit outside, there was plenty of people watching to enjoy! Great food, reasonably-priced,Special Features:
- Divine SeafoodPhstephenDined on 9/27/2014The name says it all-- best cioppino in town. The spicy shrimp/calamari dish was to die for. I was raised on the NC coast and hold a high standard to Not Overcook seafood. Our entire meal was cooked to perfection and our young waiter was very helpful, courteous and attentive. One of the best, if not The best, in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/great experienceAlwaysSayGraceDined on 9/25/2014We selected Cioppino's after finding it on a list of the 10 restaurants in San Francisco for Cioppino. We had the dish at two other well-known restaurants in the city but this was by far the best. One bow was more than enough for two to share, and they kept the sourdough toast coming. Service was excellent. There was a waiting list when we arrived, but we had made reservations through OpenTable so our table was ready and waiting for us, and in a special spot on the patio as requested. The location was perfect, just a few blocks walk from the trolley line. If you are looking for something fancy, or fine dining, this is not the place to go. Highly recommend if you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere and really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, moderately-priced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Good find on Fisherman's wharf. Prompt, friendly service. Good tasting, moderately priced food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choppino's ChippinoLove2EatDined on 9/14/2014Heard this was the best Chioppino in town, had to try it. It was good, not great, way too salty. My wife makes it better.
- GrubDined on 9/5/2014Good ingredient spoilt by far to many sauces I had crab and there was so much oil the crab could still swim.Special Features:
- Good food at the wharfTripLover99Dined on 8/31/2014What brought us there was the wish for good seafood in a good ambiente. Helpful was also the 10% bonus voucher you get nearly everywhere in the surrounding souvenier shops. The cold mixed seafood platter I had was meant as a starter for 2-3 people, was however served as a main course for one person. It was great. the other dishes we had were also very good. This place is however a tourist thing and the prices there are adjusted to the environment, so not cheap. We felt however that the value for money is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of foodPianoManVIPDined on 8/29/2014We've been here several times before but hadn't ordered the Fried Platter appetizer before. We made the mistake of also ordering entrees too but were completely full with the Fried Platter appetizer. 3 sauces. Very tasty and very filling. We recommend that. We also ordered a Blackened Snapper entree and a "Special 5" which was 3 different fish dishes. The entrees had ample mashed potatoes and veggies as well. We took 75% of both entrees home with us and enjoyed them for both lunch and dinner the next day. Service was ok, not outstanding. We'll be back - we go here more than any other place in the Wharf area. Very enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Venue!LuvSFDined on 8/29/2014We would go there again if the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- Lover's paradise!AddWheelslipDined on 8/27/2014Had an early dinner at Ciopinno's with my wife. We got the blackened salmon salad and whole dungeness crab to share. DELICIOUS! The service was friendly, anticipated our needs kindly and perfected the privacy/attentiveness ratio. The cocktails were very well executed as well. Best bloody mary I have had in years. Looking forward to my second visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Our eating experience on Tuesday was so amazing we are going back tomorrow to try the mussels. The food is just excellent.Special Features:
- romantic get awayysidroDined on 8/22/2014first of all our flight was delayed so since we couldn't make it they moved our reservation to a later time we made it and they accomendated us sat us next to a window and the guy accross the street was funny dressed in all silver like a statue playing music at times fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly Good FindPickyHungryGirlof3Dined on 8/20/2014On the Wharf, hungry with the family. Saw this place and decided to make a reservation for the next day. Everyone loved it!Special Features:
- Not what I expectedKikiDined on 8/15/2014By the food prices and wait I expected a nice restaurant but instead got a loud frat house with ok food. The calimari was rubbery and greasy, the mahi was over cooked, the veggies were cold, and the Bellini glass was a sticky mess. I wouldn't go back nor would I tell anyone about this place. Over priced for not good quality or atmosphere.Special Features:
- doctorpepperDined on 8/11/2014Wife had spaghetti and M/B, she didn't finish...I had their marquee dish (cioppino) and it was just so-so.
- Good food at fair pricesVta2SFDined on 8/3/2014We had one night in SF and didn't want to spend an hour waiting to eat someplace, so we took a chance and made a reservation at Cioppino's based on other reviews. Nice selection of Italian and seafood, which we wanted since my wife will not eat fish. We got the sourdough garlic bread appetizer, fish and chips, and spaghetti and meatballs, all of which were very good. They have a good drink menu, with some local micro-brews, tried the Alcatraz Amber, good stuff. Ambiance was typical Italian themed, big windows but one faces the back of a building and from the other window the view of bay was a bit lacking. Table for two is really small and cramped up against a pillar. All in all in was good food, good service and fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time in Cioppino's!!Lory71Dined on 8/2/2014I returned after many years and must say that Food and athmosfere is always fantastic! Bravi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialKeiKei22Dined on 8/2/2014This review is on behalf of my parents. I made reservations here for their 35th Wedding Anniversary. For one I was happy they had reservations for the same day and a great time. They were unclear of where they wanted to go. It was a busy day for all of us. The clam chowder was delicious, the combo Louie was extremely fresh, the cioppino was perfectly delicious. The service was just as equally excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedMe2014Dined on 8/2/2014I have no idea who can give four stars and above to this place and call it "the best cioppino" in San Francisco. Cioppino is far from being the best, dungeon crab preparation is horrible. You have garlic taste instead of crab taste. It is also greasy. Looks like Applebee's at best with much higher noise level. Much more better place around to go for a SF seafood.Special Features:
- A must do for San Fransisco visit.john49Dined on 7/26/2014The signature dish, cioppino, is delicious and unique. A real invented in San Francisco delight! Not romantic, by the Bay dining. Very tourist oriented.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMIL3Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and two daughters had a great dinner at Cioppino. We made a reservation and requested a table with a water view. The accommodated our request and were seated on time. The sangria was really good, as well as the seafood dishes. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- LoriDined on 7/22/2014The service was good. The food was pretty good, but served to us lukewarm.
- Mediocre foodTravelerDined on 7/22/2014I had looked at a few reviews and chose Cioppinos for diner. We had no trouble getting a reservation. The restaurant looked busy, but we had good service. We were seated in the rear, what I would have thought was overlooking the bay. Disappointingly it only looked out to a parking lot. Of course, that isn't anyone's fault. However, my mahi mahi was very dry and flavorless. The pasta Alfredo and crab cakes my husband had were ok. Nothing special. The mashed potatoes were the best dish on my plate. However, I believe the entre cost $27. That was a lot to pay for potatoes. Overall, I expected much higher quality food for these prices. I would not recommend Cioppinos.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014BEST CIOPPINO EVER!!! My wife had the seafood special...mahi mahi swordfish and pesto Alfredo fettucine...Belisimo!!! The crab crostini was amazing and the clam chowder was chunky and bountiful... Even the drinks were outstanding...top shelf margaritas and a top shelf martini...MOS DEF return and recommend...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily accommodated my large party!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I had to make a switch for my elopement dinner party and it was easy for them to accommodate 20 of us on quick notice! Service was good, food was delicious, and it's close to parking which isn't always easy near the Wharf! Love this place! I go back every time I visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was my first time eating at this resturant and I would come back in a heart beat. The food was excellent and the service was on point. I will defiantly come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingchesapeakeVADined on 7/1/2014When you look online the prices and pictures make it seem like a fancy restaurant. But it is not that way at all. The place smells terribly of fish. Our meals were very disappointing. I would avoid this place!
- Great foodLaurenDined on 6/30/2014Very busy restaurant with lots of tourists due to its location but food was amazing! We had the signature dish ciopinno and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 422 reviews are from the Cioppino's On The Wharf reviews archive.
- Great meal at Fisherman's WharfSpartanjmkDined on 6/23/2014Went to Cioppinos at the suggestion of a friend while we were staying in San Fran for a few days. When we arrived we were greeted by name (the hostess knew that we were her 6:45 reservation) and were seated at a window seat. The appetizer -a salmon, avocado and shrimp bruschetta was delicious and didn't skimp on the good stuff. Our meals were out promptly and were really good...I had the Cioppino which was really tasty and had plenty of seafood. My wife had chicken risotto which was plentiful and delicious. The kids fare was typical - pasta, burgers, etc., but there were no complaints from the kids. Our server was friendly and rarely made us wait but also wasn't overbearing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner on Fishermans' WharfGregBDined on 6/15/2014Had a nice meal with four fussy teenagers who all enjoyed it - good food, good variety, friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day Dinner!JamesVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were given a great wharf-view table thanks to our Open Table reservations! Excellent Cioppino, drinks, and sourdough bread. A great choice in the touristy Fisherman's Wharf area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The one and only...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014The Cioppino is the reason you go. Great food, but they do the dish perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome cioppinohungryhippoDined on 6/10/2014Awesome food, service and overall restaurant. Would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alaskan King Crab or bustBigDfamilyDined on 6/10/2014Perhaps we should have known that eating at a touristy fisherman's wharf restaurant would be a disappointment. The Alaskan King Crab legs were EXCELLENT, but everything else -- even the chocolate mousse -- was bland and tasteless. The waiter was very friendly but inept. We will not return.
- Our first visit to Cioppino'sTeenyJDined on 6/10/2014We were on trip visiting SF and chose to dine at Cioppino's because they allow dogs in their outdoor patio section. The waiter was great and brought our puppy a bowl of water right when we sat down. The Cioppinos soup was excellent, but the crab cakes were just okay. Customer service was also excellent. Overall I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the Wharf, a good choiceSAWHOPEVIPDined on 5/30/2014Fisherman's Wharf is not the place for elegant dining. However, we had just seen Coit Tower and wanted a wharf restaurant nearby, to complete the SF experience. We had a good table (that is, we could see the people walking by on the street), very good fish and chips, and shared an excellent fresh salad. Ratings would be improved overall if it had a better wine list.Special Features: