Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill
1133 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cioppinosyaletown.com/
- Phone: 6046887466
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Pino Posteraro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: High end off-site catering that reflects our menu and as well wine pairing
- Private Party Facilities: We do have 6 private dining rooms. Dom Perignon Room suitable for 6 people and available only when ordering a bottle of Dom Perignon. All other private rooms available only with group menus Cioppino's wine room suitable for 26 people with a minimum guarantee of 22 people. Mamma Paola wine room suitable for 12 people , minimum guarantee of 8. Enoteca wine room 22 people , minimum 18, Batasiolo wine room 18 people, minimum 14, Antinori wine room 14, minimum 10. The Enoteca wine room and the Batasiolo wine room can open into one room suitable for 40 people, minimum guarantee of 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pino Posteraro 6046887466
A word from Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill
Italian/Mediterranean cuisine, in a relaxed , professional environmentContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great findHardToPleaseDined on 8/26/2014We had a great meal - every course was terrific and the service couldn't be better. It was our best restaurant find so far on our trip to western Canada. It was really close to outstanding, but we are tough critics. We surely will return on another trip to Vancouver. We doubt that you will be disappointed if you dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from start to finish!KarenDined on 8/11/2014Everything about dinner here was lovely. The food was delicious and I would definitely return. I am not sure why it took us so long to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticcskc7Dined on 7/24/2014Our dining experience was absolutely fantastic. My dining partner has a severe allergy to strawberries and our server made sure that this was communicated to the kitchen. Our server answered all our questions about the menu patiently and provided excellent attentive service. The food was delicious and overall we had a wonderful night. Would return again.Special Features:
- Good but not greatellieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Took my husband here for his bday…our dishes were hit and miss (like the last times we've been here). I think you should really stick to just pasta when you come here, they do an amazing job with their pastas. My veal was weirdly fatty and had a lot of tissue/tendons that made it hard to cut and taste fatty. I have had the veal at Bacchus lounge and CinCin and they were VERY different and not fatty and weird at all. The veggies that come with their fish/meat is all the same…peas and soggy mushrooms and peppers (I think). I love veggies and usually ask for extra but i barely touched them because they were very gross and soggy and oily. I would skip the dessert too, had lava cake - microscopic ice cream was annoying and cake not very tastySpecial Features:
- Terrible serviceirina123LIVO90Dined on 7/17/2014I had dinner with a girlfriend the waiter was so rude! he was pushing us to get alcohol! when I mention I want water...he was very upset.... Not going back ever again
- The Surprise PitsNickDined on 6/26/2014We wanted the patio; changed tables twice and still afraid of rain we asked for inside (which we had actually booked). The staff was very accommodating and found us a very nice table inside. We truly enjoyed the ambience and the din. My wife's Crantini was very weak. My Martini was good except I had hoped for blue cheese-filled olives that were unavailable and ended up finding pits in my olives. The appetizers and main courses were superb in taste and presentation. It was my birthday and the surprise dessert with a little lit candle was a sweet touch. The server's concern about our enjoyment was in the beginning ill-timed and we both really don't like the 'How's everything so far?' approach, and certainly not in this establishment.Special Features:
- ForgettablesolomomDined on 6/17/2014The food was just ok, nothing very notable, pasta with brown sauce. Negroni was outstanding, wine list was ok and service was just good, not outstanding, but we did have a very nice wait person. Wouldn't recommend it though. There are other options which are less pricey.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food and service were outstanding. I did not feel rushed and enjoyed the whole experience of dining at Cippino'sl from start to finish. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- glutton4grubDined on 5/31/2014Although the food was good menu items are overpriced and portions are very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratelweber21Dined on 5/28/2014Cioppino's was great. Came to here to celebrate a special occasion with family. I was really worried about it being pretentious but our waiter was amazing. He was very friendly and helpful with suggestions without being pushy and he took excellent care of us. The food was delicious. We mostly stuck with the pasta dishes but no one had anything bad to say about their meal and dessert was amazing too. The only downside is that it's quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and amazing service!kennygDined on 5/23/2014Went here for our anniversary and the services was the best we have had and the food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to perfect in VancouverCCarrVIPDined on 5/13/2014Chef Pino is a humble man knows his stuff -- and he has the awards to prove it. The pappardelle is among the five best I have had in the world. Most Americans (like me) may find the portions a bit small, the prices a bit high, the service potentially a bit stuffy, and a wine list that has traveled past impressive to intimidating, with prices to match. Never fear...there are jewels to be found in even the least expensive wines. Despite all that, this is easily one of my favorite restaurants in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Simply a ClassicRachelleRachelleDined on 5/12/2014I love going to Cioppinos it is a very classy and upscale dining experience. The food is great, the drinks are great and I love the vibrant atmosphere. Lots of different restaurants in this city, but Cioppinos is a classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!minidooresDined on 5/12/2014My parents were visiting and they are foodies so I needed a place with ambience and delicious food. I used to live in the neighborhood and came across this gem. The service was wonderful, the food delicious and very nice atmosphere. It is a little pricy, but if its for a special occasion this is the perfect place.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceChipandDaleVIPDined on 5/7/2014I had the Pata Negra for appetizer. It was a treat. All the other dishes and dessert is outstanding. The server is very experienced and helped me picked the dishes (too many good food to choose). But this place is quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!stoveovenVIPDined on 5/5/2014As a repeat visitor to Vancouver, I am always looking for great dinning experiences. This is a must attend stop on that quest. Still the same as always but still great as always.Special Features:
- Pretty goodSCMikeVIPDined on 5/5/2014We were expecting a true "wow" night but did not get it. We have eaten at several Vancouver restaurants on this trip and would rate Cioppino's as the 5th of 5. It wasn't bad, but not wonderful. The food was very good. My wife's drink was packed to the rim with ice. It was so dark we needed the table candle to see the menu. The wines were very expensive. There are multiple other better places to spend your money in Vancouver.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful!LovelyDined on 4/26/2014My daughters and I were definitely impressed enough to go again!! On our arrival, Chef Pino welcomed us with open arms making us feel at home. Our waiter Marc was phenomenal!! Thank you Marc for making our first time at Cioppino's a pleasant and memorable dining experience!! :) PJJDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialmmmgudVIPDined on 4/26/2014Absolutely wonderful food. Our waiter was attentive and professional, but the sommelier vaporized after we ordered a modestly priced wine, instead of something over $200. Food was really excellent and special, but pricey. Enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful againHollowLegDined on 4/16/2014Cioppino's has always been a great destination for superb Italian cuisine and a long wine list. Pino did not disappoint -- a fresh heirloom tomato and burrata salad, octopus and white been ragu for starters, fresh halibut done perfectly and wild boar two ways for mains. Wild boar pork belly - what's not to like? Perfectly executed, beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but unnecessarily priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014And our server acted a bit put out by our presence!
- The Best of the Best!DisappointedDined on 4/3/2014By far the number one restaurant in Vancouver. Always at the top of their game. Year in and year out never disappointed. DRS North VancouverSpecial Features:
- An established icon in Yaletownrvr604Dined on 4/1/2014Cioppino's is definitely in the Top-5 of Vancouver special occasion restaurants. The food is amazing, the wine list is extensive, service is classic, and the restaurant has a nice old-world cozy feel. With the large wine list, our server suggested we let him pick - gave him some guidance as to what we liked, and a price range, and he came back with a very nice selection (although went just a bit higher than our price range). Food was amazing; hard to choose. We both had a salad and entrée, and were very satisfactorily full. You can tell there are a lot of wealthy regulars who frequent the place, as the owner stopped by a few tables for a personal greeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome and AccomidatingCamadianfoodyDined on 3/28/2014I can't say enough about this place. The service is the best in the city, the food is top notch and there isn't a negative about anything. This is my second visit in a few weeks. I live an hour away and will make the dive again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The regular menu had lotsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2014The regular menu had lots of great choices, but we mostly ordered from the list of specials and the food was fantastic -- particularly the halibut entree special. We had a wonderful evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal Date SpotRLAGUSWLDined on 2/22/2014The place had a nice rustic feel. I didn't identify the two hostesses right away because they were in loud clubbing type of dresses, completely different from each other. Our server seemed nervous or tired, maybe he was new. He did his job just fine but wasn't as warm as most servers tend to be. Maybe I just expected a bit more having worked in the service industry myself and also because this establishment is more "high-end"/"fancy". The food was pretty good, but didn't blow my mind. I'd give the food a 3.5/5. Portions were a tad smaller than I had expected. We had the Vongole (clams) pasta and the pasta dish with lobster and a rose sauce for our mains. I can't remember what we had for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceJamesSzanthoDined on 2/20/2014From first entering the restaurant we were greeted with a smile and were taken straight to our table. We sat down and it didn't take the waiter more than 2 minutes to introduce himself and ask what we would like for drinks. He gave recommendations and we ordered. The drinks were brought back in a timely manner which was great. The waiter was very knowledgeable on the menu and specials, we could really tell that he had eaten everything on the menu and was very passionate about food and his job. Finally, as it was my wife's B'day, a birthday desert was brought out beautifully arranged, such a great end to the night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentLornaDined on 1/31/2014The service was excellent and the waiter and sommelier were very helpful. My friend and I ordered different items and we wanted to make sure that the wine pairing was approrpriate for both dishes. I had ordered the Young Romaine Leaves salad as well that was grilled with a classic Caesar garlic-lemon dressing. Unfortunately my idea of classic Caesar and their was different and I didn't like the dish at all. They were very understanding and actually removed the item from the bill. I didn't ask them to do that but I was impressed that they had. Although this was the first time at this restaurant, it won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014As always, Cioppino's is all that it should be. Cannot fault anything here, from their extensive wine list, great specials, and amazing classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is very delicious.andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2014food is very delicious.and the waitter is very helpful. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an absolutely lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014It was an absolutely lovely evening. It had been years since we had been to the restaurant. Sometimes, restaurants get tired but not Cioppino's, the food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in Vancouver?ParhamDined on 1/10/2014Don't even know how to express my gratitude and overall satisfaction with the amazing folks in this restaurant. We are frequent diners in many different outing venues in the city, and Cioppino's by far is the most consistently amazing overall experience all around. I often order off-the menu items, and the chef personally comes out to the table to make sure what I ordered is to my liking! Superb place to visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian MealJustGDined on 1/4/2014I'm Italian and believe me finding authentic Italian place to dine is not very easy. Firstly, walking into Cioppino's is awesome as they take your coat. Service is efficient yet informing. Kitchen is open and you can see everything happening including Chef Cioppino himself providing direction. I had the dungeoness crab salad, perfectly done, not overly greasy. My husband had porcini and chestnut soup and it was smooth, creamy and perfectly blended. Meal of Osso Bucco - Divine! Perfect portions, perfectly done. Wild Boar done 3 ways was mouth watering as well. Treat yourself to the cannolli for desert, because I've had them from Sicily and Cioppino's was exactly what I remember from Palermo!!! A must go for italian and food lovers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-proposal dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2013Went here as part of a wonderful night; I read reviews online and cioppinos didn't disappoint. We had a lovely time slowly eating our small fancy meals, laughing at the outrageous wine list. Great place for a high end dinner, the chefs and servers wait on you hand and foot! Definitely want to dress up and enjoy the exquisite cuisine! Nice and close to the yaletown sky train station. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cioppino's is a very specialLoveitVIPDined on 11/14/2013Cioppino's is a very special restaurant. The food, service, and wine choices are impeccable. The ambience is wonderful - urban chic with a comfort factor. This is the perfect place for celebrating a special occasion or for being good to yourself and friends.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant.ChantalDined on 11/6/2013Went here for my birthday dinner as we were recommended by family and it did not dis-appoint! We had an amazing meal and an amazing bottle of wine recommended by our server. This is definitely a restaurant on the pricey side but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for anniversarySevensDined on 11/6/2013The service was phenomenal and my overall experience was perfect. The beef carpaccio was very fresh and the lamb (and homemade mint jelly) was delicious. My girlfriend had penne with lobster...the sauce was delicious and our server removed the lobster from its shell for her, which was great service. Overall, my only complaint was the portion size could've been a bit larger for the pasta. And they made us a special dessert to commemorate our anniversary, which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter could use less attitudeDougDined on 10/26/2013Our waiter was a little stiff. Not sure anyone appreciated his need to demonstrate his superior knowledge, at the expense of the guest. Took my wife for her birthday, at considerable expense. The experience was one waiter short of enjoyable.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperienceyyjcoupleVIPDined on 10/5/2013This was our first visit to Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill in the Yaletown area of Vancouver. Food, service and ambience were all superb. We will return on our next visit to Vancouver.Special Features:
- Met the owner/chef,warm welcomingJanisDined on 9/24/2013We had been referred to this outstanding eating experience by the owner of La Boneta. We had eaten there as well. Two amazing dinning experiences in Vancouver. Jan BarraliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.