2350 Railroad Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cioppinoofpittsburgh.com/
- Phone: 4122816593
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Alauzen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cioppino will bring their kitchen to yours! Customer menu proposals can be prepared within a day!
- Entertainment: Featuring the Best in Live Acoustic Rock Every Thursday and Friday and Live Jazz Every Saturday in Our Bar Lounge Area! Visit our separate onsite Cigar Bar featuring (20) of the top (100) cigars sold worldwide. The rich mahogany surroundings and indulgent leather seating allows one to relax and unwind while enjoying their favorite cigar, after-dinner drink or specialty cocktail. Two large plasma televisions embrace the walls for the sports enthusiast. Full Seasonal Menu available daily.
- Cross Street: 23rd Street and Smallman
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Cioppino offers FREE validated parking in the building parking garage as well as COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING after 5pm Daily at Our Entrance Located On the Corners of 23rd Street and Railroad Street Off Smallman Street in the Historic Strip DIstrict of Pittsburgh.
A word from Cioppino
Cioppino Restaurant & Cigar Bar features a seasonal menu with a focus on fresh seafood & chophouse fare, local produce and livestock. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free selections are available upon request. Happy Hour is available Monday through Friday, 5pm to 7pm, and offers $5.00 select house wines by the glass, ½ off all draft beers and a delectable bar food menu. Live Music every Thursday - Saturday. Certified Sommelier onsite to assist with your wine selections. Private Dining Available for Groups of Up to (50) Seated Guests As Well As Large Standing Cocktail Receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cioppino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cioppino reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (28)romantic (24)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 1521615216Dined on 9/27/2014Great food in a great environment. Noise in the bar was loud and music was very loud but did not affect us when we were moved to the dining room for dinner. Our 3 rd time here in a couple months. Love it!,Special Features:
- ChristineDined on 9/26/2014Staff was great food was very good loved our pumpkin beer it was rimmed with caramel and cinnamon sugarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made our anniversary specialKimAndMarkDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I tried cioppino for our third anniversary and were not dissappointed. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Food was excellent. Tables were not on top of one another. Will be back - special occasion or not. Osteria and Cioppino are great finds!Special Features:
- Really good food!foodsnobDined on 9/13/2014We had been to Cioppino"s sister restaurant for lunch several times and really enjoyed it. We were not disappointed in Cioppino. The service was very good, the perfect combination of being attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent, everything from bread to dessert! We will return!Special Features:
- Strip District Gem!IG83Dined on 9/10/2014Living next to Cioppino I pass by every day and can see how busy it can get, finally got some company to go and explore it. The Lobster risotto for starters was "AMAZING" wish I could have that for the main meal, the white whine Sangria was also great.For main meal we had the Tuna stake and the seafood past. It was a little bit cold inside but the ambiance was perfect for a romantic night, shame that we missed one of the Jazz nights, definitely will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Terrific birthday celebration!goodlifeintheburghDined on 8/30/2014We had a group of six to celebrate my husband's birthday. The staff was extremely accommodating and even produced a personalized menu to mark the occasion. Everyone was impressed with the food and service and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The chef stopped by the table and helped make the night even more memorable. An overall excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTerryDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I along with 2 other couples were visiting Pittsburgh for a weekend and needed a nice dinner venue for Saturday night. We chose Cioppinos from several recommendations and have no regrets. Interesting setting in an old wharehouse in the Strip. Very nice ambience. Very good service. All six of us had seafood (Cioppino, halibut , scallops, soft shell crab, and the evening special-fluke). All of the entrees were excellent. The dessert sampler plate is a must try, as is the chocolate covered bacon. I would definitely return to this restaurant on a future visit to Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cigar smoke!DisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Excellent dinner totally ruined by cigar smoke! The food was excellent. The service was great. The smell of cigar smoke totally ruined the evening.
- 15216Dined on 8/27/2014Wonderful experience here. Have never been there and will go back often. Thinking of having my daughters rehearsal dinner the. Attentive staff, excellent chef!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseIzzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cioppino was a pleasant surprise! The food and service was outstanding.....will return soon!Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The quality of the food was tremendous. What made the evening was the service. Our waitress was friendly and just a great host to our evening. We celebrated a birthday and a anniversary and our waitress made it memorable for us.Special Features:
- Outstanding evening!OnewhocooksDined on 7/29/2014Went here with five girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. Our waitress Briel was a gem. Very knowledgable about all menu items & so pleasant &!attentive. Service couldn't have been better! They printed personalized menus for the birthday gal that said "Happy Birthday Carol" at the top. The food was fresh & delicious. I highly recommend the carpaccio! Also really enjoyed the lamb. One on our party ordered the potato crusted halibut. It was a very generous serving of beautiful white flaky fish. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst pittsburgh reataurant yetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014All terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible
- His & HersAdowntownfanDined on 7/24/2014Me .. His, visit was spectacular. The lobster risotto was excellent , the pork chop was better .. nicely cooked juicy and full of flavor ( she even loved it ). The slightly dirty martinis with stuffed olives were made well. I rarely consume dessert but the raspberry, lemon, cheesecake with lemon was almost as good as the entree. Very nice place for a reasonable cost is highly recommended. Nice Job and it was the 16th anniversary of a miracle marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMondough1504Dined on 7/19/2014The food was great as well as the service it was a nice time i will be going back real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwaysiriniDined on 7/12/2014great craft made cocktails start off the evening. from the ribeye to the arctic char and beyond...perfection. the service and attention to detail cannot be beat.Special Features:
- MelbaDined on 7/11/2014What a fantastic experience. Our waitress was fantastic and the food was just wonderful. We ended the evening by having another bottle of wine and smoke a cigar in the cigar bar. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- LMZReviewDined on 7/11/2014Very good to outstanding dinners each visit several times per year during past three years. Servers, kitchen and bar staff plus the owner/chef know what it takes to operate a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014This was my first experience at Cioppino. The food was exceptional as well as the ambiance and service. The menu has a wide variety of options. It is rare to find a restaurant that takes the time to prepare fresh food with high quality ingredients. The wait staff explained in detail how the various foods were prepared. The crab cakes, cioppino, greens & goat salad and cavatelli and creamed mushrooms were delicious. The pasta is house-made and all ingredients are fresh. The deserts, lemon chiffon and sinfully chocolate, were a nice ending to the meal. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood!LilaDined on 6/21/2014We really enjoyed all of the seafood dishes and my daughter's macaroni and cheese was also delicious. The gnocchi was a little bland, but that's not really the specialty here. Cocktails were unique. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great... againLarisDined on 6/21/2014For our second trip to Cioppino, we took my husband's parents who were in from Philly. We also brought along our 6-month old daughter, which I was very nervous about, but the restaurant was completely fine with it. Food was great, again! Definitely one of my favorites in the 'burgh now. I actually got the halibut again because I loved it so much the first time, but my husband switched it up & got the strip steak & said it was the best he's ever had. Also, you must get the dessert sampler!Special Features:
- great experiencewinstonDined on 6/20/2014We had a great waiter (wish I could remember his name) who was knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu. The food was prepared properly and high quality. We have nothing but positive things to say about Cioppino.Special Features:
- Great special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I ate dinner at Cioppino on a Friday night as last hoorah before we become a family of three. Dana was our server and she was great. She checked on us often and made sure we had everything we needed. The bread and dipping oil were very good and very fresh. We ordered the lump crab meat appetizer which was very nice as well. For our entrees my husband ordered the Cioppino and I the scallops. Both were very tasty. Since I'm 9 months pregnant I decided it was okay to treat myself to the Sinfully Chocolate dessert. It was extremely rich but very good and we cleaned up every crumb. This restaurant has nice ambiance and great good. I also loved that the parking garage was right there and only cost us $2 to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the 'burghLarisDined on 6/13/2014My husband & I went to Cioppino for dinner for our first date night out since having our daughter. Everything was fantastic. We arrived early so we could have a cocktail at the bar. Both were good (not great), but the ambience and energy of the bar were great with the live band playing. We then checked in & were seated immediately. Our waiter was very pleasant & very knowledgeable of the menu and of the ingredients. Our appetizer, the carbonara with the house made bacon was probably our favorite. Outstanding! Salads & entrees were great as well; however, my husband commented that he would be perfectly fine coming back to get an appetizer, salad, and dessert since those were our favorites. Get the dessert sampler! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DinrDivaVIPDined on 6/11/2014We picked Ciopinno kinda out of the blue and based on some reviews. We loved this place for its food, wine list ease of parking and wonderful, attentive service! We were made to feel like family and the place just had a very cool vibe. Definitely will be returning!Special Features:
- Outstanding eveninghappyeatingoutDined on 6/4/2014Everything from the salads to the deserts were wonderful. We loved our waiter, John and the manager who stopped to visit was great. I thought the prices were reasonable for the venue.Special Features:
- The following 722 reviews are from the Cioppino reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Expensive for mediocre food. Would not go back. Don't need to add to this review.Special Features:
- first time visit.. will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. We were not sure what to expect. The antipasta platter and Dessert Sampler were AWESOME. I recommend the banana French toast with the Walnut milkshake to EVERY ONE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014We have dined at Cioppino several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the Burgh!foodiecentralDined on 5/24/2014Wow! We are foodies and eat out regularly. We have tried everything in the Burgh more times than I would like to admit. Cioppino is without a doubt the BEST restaurant to hit Pittsburgh in a very long time! Great location. The food is cravable, which is the best rating measure of any restaurant. The caesar salad is totally unlike any other...fantastic! The staff was very personable, comfortable and friendly. We cannot wait to go back and try more items on the menu and to spend more time in the bar listening to jazz. The performers were so talented and enjoyable. The whole set up, from start to finish was well thought out and makes for a fantastic experience!!!! It's at the top of our list! A MUST try!Special Features:
- Amazing!Delish250Dined on 5/19/2014Food was amazing! Absolutely delicious! Service was excellent and attentive! Elegant and classy setting for a romantic birthday celebration. Also enjoyed the cigar bar for an after dinner drink and cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for Dog LoversnoohomeDined on 5/16/2014Cioppino is a sleek, sophisticated restaurant in Pittsburgh's vibrant Strip District. It overlooks commercial and residential lofts, many of whose residents parade their pooches for their nightly promenade outside the restaurant windows. The menu is interesting, the food well-prepared, the wine list extensive. The service can be grating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodieGalDined on 5/10/2014I had my graduation dinner with my family!! Everything was absolutely amazing! The service was on point and the food is to die for!!! Definitely try the halibut or char! You won't be disappointed! Also our table tried a few of the new cocktails and they were great! Good way to start the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014Dinner was very enjoyable with a mix of traditional and unique dishes. The chopped and mustard salads were a great start to the meal. the ramps were probably the only thing we were a bit disappointed in, not that much flavor. The filet and snapper were both cooked to perfection. And the "banana split" mousse dessert was the highlight of the meal. Thankfully the waiter talked me into it and I was extremely happy he did. Great service too. The only complaint was the temperature in the restaurant, it was a little chilly, which took away a bit from the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantkosuthVIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent Visit: Outstanding Seafood Menu, excellent preperation and attentive, but not interuptive service.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NancygDined on 4/26/2014Very nice evening with delicious food, great waiter (Loren), and the jazz band was outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:
- another great eveningKKSKDined on 4/26/2014once again a great meal from beginning to end. Don't miss the scallop crudo ever..it is sublime and the chili-fried chocolate ice cream was the perfect ending. We keep going back for mor because it is always awesome.Special Features:
- Food good; ambience greatkaiaVIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent service, fun bar. Food ok - four of us, two great, two good but not memorable. Namesake dish was not that memorable! if they are still on the menu in summer, get the brussel sprouts! YmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CioppinoDollyDined on 4/11/2014First time we went to Cioppino, they had an electrical problem. We ended up leaving without eating. So glad that we came back! Everything was wonderful. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Service and food were excellent. Jazz was great! Have already recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.