2350 Railroad Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cioppinoofpittsburgh.com/
- Phone: (412) 281-6593
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Alauzen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cioppino will bring their kitchen to yours! Customer menu proposals can be prepared within a day!
- Entertainment: Featuring the Best in Live Acoustic Rock Every Thursday and Friday and Live Jazz Every Saturday in Our Bar Lounge Area! Visit our separate onsite Cigar Bar featuring (20) of the top (100) cigars sold worldwide. The rich mahogany surroundings and indulgent leather seating allows one to relax and unwind while enjoying their favorite cigar, after-dinner drink or specialty cocktail. Two large plasma televisions embrace the walls for the sports enthusiast. Full Seasonal Menu available daily.
- Cross Street: 23rd Street and Smallman
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Cioppino offers FREE validated parking in the building parking garage as well as COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING after 5pm Daily at Our Entrance Located On the Corners of 23rd Street and Railroad Street Off Smallman Street in the Historic Strip DIstrict of Pittsburgh.
A word from Cioppino
Cioppino Restaurant & Cigar Bar features a seasonal menu with a focus on fresh seafood & chophouse fare, local produce and livestock. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free selections are available upon request. Happy Hour is available Monday through Friday, 5pm to 7pm, and offers $5.00 select house wines by the glass, ½ off all draft beers and a delectable bar food menu. Live Music every Thursday - Saturday. Certified Sommelier onsite to assist with your wine selections. Private Dining Available for Groups of Up to (50) Seated Guests As Well As Large Standing Cocktail Receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cioppino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cioppino reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (42)notable wine list (30)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Totally loved dinner and after dinner in the cigar loungeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice nightJasonDined on 11/22/2014The food was very good generally speaking. I would not have the crab cakes again, but everything else was good. The service was good, but slow at times. Great wine list and a knowledgeable sommelier. Very nice, vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilliamDined on 11/22/2014We finally made it to this restaurant and it was a great experience. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the food and service great. John, our server was friendly and knowledgeable. The scallops with lobster risotto was perfect, the fluke and the sea bass were both very tasty and the short ribs were tender and scrumptious. We will definitely return to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant service, food and atmosphereTheonlymacheteDined on 11/14/2014Everything about Cioppino is great. We were celebrating are dining a special occasion so they personalized the menu and received a free dessert that was personalized as well. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable. The food was delicious. The dining room has a warm inviting feel with live jazz playing in the background from the attached bar. The chef visited every table which is always a nice touch. Overall, it was a great experience and we definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mitziDined on 11/14/2014Had bronzino. Was best dinner ever at Cioppino in all the years since the restaurant opened. Noise /music level is to be dealt with. Music was loud, raspy and inappropriate. Upon request, it was turned down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not that greatGoWestDined on 11/8/2014A little pricey, this out-of-the-way find has a small menu that delivers a fine wine list, but food with basic flaws. Started with a flavorless carpaccio and an under-dressed beet salad. The NY Strip I had for entree was a very bad cut of meat- grizzle and fat on both ends. I like a good beer with my steak- but their beer list is very sad. Undercooked risoto. The worst thing about the dinner was the back wall bench with small tables - being seated right next to (practically on top of) other couples is completely unacceptable. If you make reservations, make sure you say three so you get an actual table. It was very odd to be squeezed into the two person VERY small tables when there were many tables available all night.Special Features:
- Awesome nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great bar / great blues band in bar / best steak in the burgh / eat in the bar or head into dining room for a quieter experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6burghfoodieVIPDined on 11/5/2014I went to Cioppino specifically for the stone crabs and was not disappointed. They were amazing, tender and the best part...the shell was removed before they made their way to the table. The service was exceptional as always. The pesto dipping oil is the best I ever tasted. I hate to admit but it is better than mine!! I bought a bottle on my way out. This was my second time dining at Cioppino. I brought several friends with me on this visit and everyone left quite impressed with the food. Cioppino is a wonderful way to impress out of town visitors. We shared a dessert of pecan pie. The dessert chef is brilliant!! I ordered a pie for Thanksgiving dinner.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerscarobbyDined on 11/1/2014Had an amazing time. It was my boyfriends birthday and we are big foodies. We arrived to live jazz in the bar. The singer was great and she later sar at our table after dinner. The menu had been printed with happy birthday Michael at the top. Very cool touch. Staff was incredible the chef came to the table to say happy birthday and check on our dinner. Food was GREAT! Will be back monthly! 1st saturday of the month they have live entertainment in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great musiczippyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We ate in the lounge area because of the live music - Peg Wilson and Jerry Lucarelli Group. We go to this restaurant because of the music - great food and jazz can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreNaurelRestaurantBuffVIPDined on 10/31/2014the bar is cool. I liked the live music and the bartenders were great. The food wasn't the best and the portions were extremely small. They are definitely overpriced. I woukd return to the bar but not the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Cioppino consistently has very good seafood and typically above average service. Their signature dish, the Cioppino, was ordered by my wife along with the scallop appetizer. She loved both. I had the swordfish which was also excellent. I recommend the place to anyone looking for a quality meal at a decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always feel specialiriniDined on 10/25/2014for us, dining at CIOPPINO means being welcomed as special guests...the service from beginning(valet) to the end, with everything in between is among the very best in Pittsburgh, if not the best. the food is always top notch and the wine service staff is the best. WE LOVE CIOPPINO!Special Features:
- 6burghfoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Delicious meal with exceptional service from Carrie. The pesto dip...pre meal was the amazing. The home made bread paired with that pesto dip was just the beginning of a memorable dining experience. The restaurant presents a beautiful atmosphere. There was a wonderful jazz group playing in the bar during dinner. The dessert medley was outstanding. Chef Meagan is a talent. Chocolate covered bacon was just one of the elements on the dessert plate that was perfect for sharing. Coffee was the best. I look forward to a return trip. Cioppino is a true Pittsburgh gem.Special Features:
- Thank YouRSK3Dined on 10/18/2014The staff at Cioppino went above and beyond for a surprise bday celebration for my girlfriend. I was very impressed with the staff and service provided. The only negative is the jazz band was pretty loud in the bar and the noise traveled to the dining area. We will certainly be back though and I recommend this place to anyone planning a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had Blue Point oysters which were excellent; and steaks that were better than I expected.
- Just Wow!!BurghFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Dined at Cioppino for the first time and we were just blown away! Beautiful dining room, best service in Pittsburgh from our server Jon, and every single dish presented to us (including a complimentary course from the chef!) was truly delicious. Can't believe we haven't discovered this place before, but it's officially our favorite restaurant. Cancel your reservation elsewhere and choose this place immediately!!Special Features:
- we will be backAndidavVIPDined on 10/11/2014we celebrated our aunt's 95 birthday. The staff of the restaurant made it a lovely evening. She didn't want an over the top celebration. Our menus had Happy Birthday printed on them and they wrote it on the dessert tray. The food was very good. Our aunt is a picky eater and she loved every bite of her fish. The entrees out our table were lamb, cioppino, crab cakes and a steak. Everyone was very happy. Kudos to our server. He was incredibly patient. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLisaSDined on 10/11/2014We were looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary at Cioppino & we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful & the service is exceptional. Our waiter, Ron is a pro. He knew everything about the food they serve as well as wine selections & offered us suggestions. We had the crab cocktail for an appetizer & it was fantastic! We also had the beet & spinach salad which was also great. For dinner we had the Alaskan Halibut & again, it was great. For dessert we had the Neapolitan cheesecake & it was so good, we ordered one to go! Overall great experience & the service was outstanding. We enjoyed their cigar bar after dinner & the room is ventilated very well & the service was also outstanding. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- RobertDined on 10/11/2014Great food. Basil & oil dipping sauce incredible, as was the pork chop. Kids had the pizzas and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a special occasion SPECIAL!luvNYCfoodVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary dinner. They arranged flowers for the table, a personalized menu wishing us a Happy Anniversary was a very nice surprise. The best part was the service. Our server made us feel very special and went over the top to make our evening special. I have been to Cioppino in the past, but this past experience made this a must go to place for me! I highly recommend... the food is great, the atmosphere is great... what's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceEagkdkVIPDined on 10/9/2014Took a new client here for dinner during a visit to Pittsburgh - all of us out-of-towers (NY, CA and tx). Outstanding food - truly world class. We all left with full bellies and an excellent impression of the fine dining scene in Pittsburgh. Service was great, too. Everything we sampled was fresh, thoughtfully assembled and delicious. The wine list - presented on an iPad - was large, well-rounded and accessible. Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of Pittsburgh's finestteachDined on 10/3/2014Cioppinos never disappoints! Delicious food and great service. Chef takes the time to stop by your table and make sure everyone is happy! Awesome bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1521615216Dined on 9/27/2014Great food in a great environment. Noise in the bar was loud and music was very loud but did not affect us when we were moved to the dining room for dinner. Our 3 rd time here in a couple months. Love it!,Special Features:
- ChristineDined on 9/26/2014Staff was great food was very good loved our pumpkin beer it was rimmed with caramel and cinnamon sugarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made our anniversary specialKimAndMarkDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I tried cioppino for our third anniversary and were not dissappointed. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Food was excellent. Tables were not on top of one another. Will be back - special occasion or not. Osteria and Cioppino are great finds!Special Features:
- Really good food!foodsnobDined on 9/13/2014We had been to Cioppino"s sister restaurant for lunch several times and really enjoyed it. We were not disappointed in Cioppino. The service was very good, the perfect combination of being attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent, everything from bread to dessert! We will return!Special Features:
- Strip District Gem!IG83Dined on 9/10/2014Living next to Cioppino I pass by every day and can see how busy it can get, finally got some company to go and explore it. The Lobster risotto for starters was "AMAZING" wish I could have that for the main meal, the white whine Sangria was also great.For main meal we had the Tuna stake and the seafood past. It was a little bit cold inside but the ambiance was perfect for a romantic night, shame that we missed one of the Jazz nights, definitely will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Terrific birthday celebration!goodlifeintheburghDined on 8/30/2014We had a group of six to celebrate my husband's birthday. The staff was extremely accommodating and even produced a personalized menu to mark the occasion. Everyone was impressed with the food and service and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The chef stopped by the table and helped make the night even more memorable. An overall excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTerryDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I along with 2 other couples were visiting Pittsburgh for a weekend and needed a nice dinner venue for Saturday night. We chose Cioppinos from several recommendations and have no regrets. Interesting setting in an old wharehouse in the Strip. Very nice ambience. Very good service. All six of us had seafood (Cioppino, halibut , scallops, soft shell crab, and the evening special-fluke). All of the entrees were excellent. The dessert sampler plate is a must try, as is the chocolate covered bacon. I would definitely return to this restaurant on a future visit to Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cigar smoke!DisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Excellent dinner totally ruined by cigar smoke! The food was excellent. The service was great. The smell of cigar smoke totally ruined the evening.
- 15216Dined on 8/27/2014Wonderful experience here. Have never been there and will go back often. Thinking of having my daughters rehearsal dinner the. Attentive staff, excellent chef!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseIzzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cioppino was a pleasant surprise! The food and service was outstanding.....will return soon!Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The quality of the food was tremendous. What made the evening was the service. Our waitress was friendly and just a great host to our evening. We celebrated a birthday and a anniversary and our waitress made it memorable for us.Special Features:
- The following 737 reviews are from the Cioppino reviews archive.
- Outstanding evening!OnewhocooksDined on 7/29/2014Went here with five girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. Our waitress Briel was a gem. Very knowledgable about all menu items & so pleasant &!attentive. Service couldn't have been better! They printed personalized menus for the birthday gal that said "Happy Birthday Carol" at the top. The food was fresh & delicious. I highly recommend the carpaccio! Also really enjoyed the lamb. One on our party ordered the potato crusted halibut. It was a very generous serving of beautiful white flaky fish. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst pittsburgh reataurant yetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014All terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible
- His & HersAdowntownfanDined on 7/24/2014Me .. His, visit was spectacular. The lobster risotto was excellent , the pork chop was better .. nicely cooked juicy and full of flavor ( she even loved it ). The slightly dirty martinis with stuffed olives were made well. I rarely consume dessert but the raspberry, lemon, cheesecake with lemon was almost as good as the entree. Very nice place for a reasonable cost is highly recommended. Nice Job and it was the 16th anniversary of a miracle marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMondough1504Dined on 7/19/2014The food was great as well as the service it was a nice time i will be going back real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwaysiriniDined on 7/12/2014great craft made cocktails start off the evening. from the ribeye to the arctic char and beyond...perfection. the service and attention to detail cannot be beat.Special Features:
- MelbaDined on 7/11/2014What a fantastic experience. Our waitress was fantastic and the food was just wonderful. We ended the evening by having another bottle of wine and smoke a cigar in the cigar bar. I will be back for sure!Special Features: