Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
500 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cinquecentoboston.com/
- Phone: 6173389500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Winters
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: between Waltham and East Berkley Streets
- Public Transit: Take The Silver Line on Washington Street to the East Berkley Street stop. Walk one block south then take a right on Harisson Avenue. We are on the right at 500 Harisson Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Cinquecento provides free parking for all restaurant guests at the parking lot adjacent to our restaurant. Please look for the 500 Harisson Ave sign as you pass our awnings heading east on Harisson avenue.
A word from Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria is a comfortable, energetic and inviting restaurant reminiscent of the neighborhood trattorias found in Rome. A spot that is perfect for a spontaneous night out, a special occasion or as your go-to spot for dinner and brunch. A perfect meeting place for all, as we offer complimentary parking in our adjacent lot. Located in the South End of Boston, Cinquecento offers a menu steeped in the Roman tradition of simplicity custom and comfort. We offer an extensive all Italian wine list, award winning cocktails, a secluded out door patio and a private dinning room. Enjoy Roman and Italian inspired cuisine described as "true to the Roman Style, simple dishes perfectly done" all served in a dining room like no other in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (86)good for groups (66)great for outdoor dining (66)special occasion (64)hot spot (57)romantic (55)vibrant bar scene (42)notable wine list (38)great for brunch (36)late-night find (16)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Pretty good, nothing specialksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/22/2014Had a fine dinner here, everything was fine, but nothing memorable. Had the chicken which was pretty dry, the boy had a sausage pasta dish which he thought was ok, the drinks were the highlight, but when I got the second one it came out with different ingredients! Kind of strange. Service was pleasant but slow and forgot bread, no biggie. Will be back I'm sure, love that they have their own parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good from beginning to endOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service. Good buzz but not overpowering. The skillet chicken was simple but delicious.Special Features:
- Wow New Favorite Added !!RickVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had never heard of it, went there totally random. Loved it. Instantly added as a new favorite on OpenTable App!! Food was great, and while it can be a bit loud, it has this cozy casual neighborhood feel to it. Service was great, and everyone who was eating there seemed to enjoy themselves. Free parking (lot) is a great plus as well. Will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great place!! It is a good restaurant if you are looking for a more casual dinner. It was a little louder then expected but I wasn't bother by it. The fried artichokes were great. My parents were not thrilled about their fish dishes; however, the mushroom pasta I had was amazing. The desserts were extremely notable. The salted caramel gelato was the best I have ever tasted in my life and the panna cotta was also great and I am usually not a panna cotta fan. Also, the ambiance was warm and cozy which is always a plus.Special Features:
- MacMcccDined on 10/17/2014Great experience...from beginning to end. I had to change the reservation three times and everyone was so accommodating. One of our guests uses a wheelchair and it could not have been easier with the help of staff. Pasta was so good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Nice local restaurant with outdoor dining and free parkingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding all aroundMANJADined on 10/13/2014From start to finish everything was great. We started out with three different apps. which we all shared, outstanding. We then had three separate meals. We had the Vongole, couldn't be better. Just needed a bigger dish. Lol. Then we got the Cabbanara and the Bogolenese. Let's just say that the plate did not need to get washed. Just fantastic. We only got two deserts one of which was the almond special, warmed with peaches, oh my god..... Our server was great, I believe his name was Henery.. Great job. All in all, I will be back with other guests and probably many more time after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianMOmoVIPDined on 10/12/2014Cinquecento has a great menu with an excellent selection of authentic Italian dishes, without much Americanization. The artichoke (carciofi alla giudia) and kale salad starters are both excellent, plus the wonderful selection of Italian cheeses and dried meats. You won't go wrong with the steak or sea bass mains. As for the ambiance, I love the dark lighting and towers of Campari and Aperol bottles adding an orange glow to the room. The large dining area makes it a great space for large groups, but the layout of the room also creates a cozy feel for romantic dining. The service is friendly and attentive. All in, a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Ambiance a plusnolagalDined on 10/11/2014We all enjoyed the meal and the decor is lovely. However, two of us ordered a veal chop special which arrived and was barely warm. It had a delicious sauce and good flavors but clearly had been sitting for a while. Waitstaff was nice and attentive. Person delivering the meals threw them down at us with a scowl on her face, not very appealing.Special Features:
- Love but ask questionsJLeeDined on 10/10/2014Love this place, but wasn't ready for the sweetness in the gnocchi - with hints of cinnamon and sugar. Not what I was expecting. The rigatoni, however, was great as usual. And they have a lovely wine list. We had the Rosso Montalcino (I think, or Rosso Montepulciano). Yum.
- Disappointingboatslip7Dined on 10/10/2014We had 5 people in our party. Drinks were great but food was average. I ordered the mushroom pasta and it had 4 sliced mushrooms!! It tasted like buttered noodles. Certainly not worth the money.Our waiter was very attentive and polite. I would not go back to this restaurant again.
- Very GoodVegasVIPDined on 10/9/2014No complaints here. Dined at the bar. Thoroughly enjoyed grilled calamari and gnocchi and of course the martinis.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals here -- Tuscan Kale Salad plus Bucatini Cacio e Pepe, Burrata, Pistachio, and Fig Salad plus Mediterranean Sea Bass -- and the excellent coffee and tea. Up front, the fresh bead with dipping oil was better than most, while on the back end, the cannoli with chocolate chips and nuts were very good but not quite as great as the rest of the dinner. Still, with excellent throughout and the noise level on a Monday night moderate (we can't vouch for other times but imagine it can get loud here), this was a great place for a special occasion meal.Special Features:
- Kid-friendly brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I've been to Cinquecento for date night dinner, but we tried it out for brunch this weekend with our 2-year old and friends with an infant. It couldn't have gone more smoothly. The restaurant was very accommodating, service was just as good as when we are without kids and the food was delicious. Get the basket of pastries/bread - SO good!Special Features:
- nicely doneOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014The veal Milanese was quite good, and the appetizer of salamis and cheese was excellent. The fried artichoke appetizer was very good, although it included too much of the tough part of the leaves. The carbonara was tasty, but the pasta was overcooked and the sauce was a little too heavy and slightly cloying. The noise level is too much for this diner and waitstaff came by to inquire about removing plates too often (three in a row within about 2 minutes).Special Features:
- ROME IS NEAR HOME--GOLivingInFranceDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is stunning. The noise level is on the high side, especially around the bar area, but there is no trouble having a conversation at the table. Cocktails were perfect. Service was very good. Lots of good choices for wines by the glass. And the food was delicious! I was with two other people and we all tasted each others food, so I tried 3 appetizers--tomato soup, fried artichokes, and my choice, the octopus salad. They were all perfectly cooked and seasoned. Two of us then had pasta--I had the gnocchi with lamb ragu which was heavenly. The others had ravioli and lamb chops--which were absolutely yummy. For dessert, we shared three scoops of sorbet, all full flavored and bright, especially the limoncello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service everJBProvincetownDined on 10/2/2014The food at Cinquecento is reliably good. It is a little rich for me, but the quality and selection are excellent. What distinguished this experience was a really pleasant and knowledgeable waitress. She was outstanding! In fact the staff seemed to work very well together in general. My party of 4 was delighted.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Good food and great service ...some of the food was delivered room tempSpecial Features:
- B-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful meal for group of 10, celebrating a special birthday. 4 branzinos, all delicious. The other 6 meals were all loved as well. Much less noisy than the previous times eating indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of the YearSteveDel248Dined on 9/27/2014I eat at restaurants very frequently (yes, for this category, I can say i am in the top 1%). Cinquecento had some delectable appetizers (antipasti) including the fried baby artichokes and octopus. However, it was the Swordfish entree that stole the show. It was by far the best piece of swordfish i had ever had. Perfectly season and accompanied by fresh seasonal vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've been here a few times and came recently for a special occasion. The food was outstanding but the service was only ok. I requested a nice table and was sat in a cramped busy walkway that looked like it was one of the least desired tables in the place. No matter, I know how it can be on a busy night at a restaurant. We sat, knew what we wanted, ordered. Our server was friendly and likable, no issues there, he was good. Food is outstanding, the chef there Knows what he is doing. Little touches were missing, for instance our water was empty for most of the night. Service didn't appear to work well as a team. Again, it's difficult in a restaurant, so it didn't really bother me. Would come again and again for the food, it's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor brunchmwallaceDined on 9/21/2014Great place for a relaxing outdoor brunch! Some interesting twists on basic brunch regulars, and good brunch drinks!Special Features:
- foodie1025VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service and dinner was great. Good energetic noise level. The only bad thinwas our table was right next to the server's area where they serve bread. We saw a server drop a slice of bread, pick it up and place it inside a bread container. Another server who didn't see that, added more bread and served it to a table. The ONLY negative thing.
- SgibbyDined on 9/7/2014We had good food and great service. A bit noisy for me. We made a Sunday brunch reservation and was told there was free parking next to the building, but they failed to tell us that there was a farmer's market in the lot on Sunday. We got a spot in the lot, but the other members of our party had to park at the "Gaslight" restaurant. Not a big deal, but the traffic was a mess. It would have been helpful to know in advance.Special Features:
- Waiter was new, and it showedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Food was very enjoyable. Waiter was a nice kid. Claimed to be "new." If so, he needed more training. Very limited knowledge of the menu. Inattentive to wine and bread service. Was unsure about the specials, and availability of the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Roman styleLizBostonVIPDined on 8/29/2014Industrial chic with a lovely outdoor patio and the large, cheap parking lot next door make this my South End go to restaurant for my friends with cars. Check out the hostess' shoes. Food is wonderful, the bolognese sauce was the finest I've ever had (including Italy) and the salmon was perfection with black quinoa. My only regret is that the amazing kale salad seems to have fallen off the menu and I'm craving it still.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SandraSVIPDined on 8/28/201408/28/2014 We had a wonderful dinner! Oysters, kale salad, and rigatoni all norcina. Wow! Our server was Eric. He was great! W'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014My favorite restaurant in Boston. It happened to be Restaurant Week and the dishes we got were superb. As always, the service was a highlight. We got a spot on the patio outside and it was very nice. Can't wait to find an excuse to get back.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!MeaghanDined on 8/26/2014I have eaten at cinque cento several times & have never been disappointed! The menu is full of authentic Italian dishes and the wine list is extensive with several options for ordering. We were back with a larger group for a birthday party & had another delicious meal with superb service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College send offTfheflockDined on 8/24/20142 heading to college, 2 moving to new apts and jobs. A great place for jokes and connecting before send off . Our waiter, Dave was exceptionally great. He suggested vegetarian alternatives to meat and fish based specials and kept the meal and drinks moving at just the right pace.Special Features:
- Excellent foodsatfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My husband found the restaurant on an internet search. The food was excellent. Parking was easy. Restaurant décor is modern. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodWersigobraDined on 8/20/2014Four of us went during restaurant week, and three of us got different pastas, all of which were fantastic. Everything we ordered was amazing, including the salmon tartare appetizer. The pana cotta desert was so good, I had to order another. The wine list was all Italian wine, which I sometimes shy away from but the two wines we ordered (the montepulciano and the valpolicello) were both outstanding. I would expect their other options to be very good, as well. I am picky about Italian food, and not often impressed. I felt the the cuisine was much more modern that the typical north end fare, and much more exciting. I expect to go back soon! There was a group next to us, with a couple of loud bimbo types, and I would have rather sat at a booth.Special Features:
- Tough CustomerToughCustomerDined on 8/19/2014Another great night at Cinquecento! Splendid pasta dish with summer corn.Special Features:
- holiday1Dined on 8/13/2014Slightly put of the way but great interior, attentive service, knowledgeable server- good wine recommendation - with tasting pour to convince us. Reasonable portions tasty dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Eric. Best Server in BostonObatzdaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our server, Eric, was outstanding -- a true professional. He was attentive, considerate, thoughtful and provide us an all-around wonderful experience. He created a wonderful birthday dinner experience for my mother.Special Features:
- A Nice BrunchnewyokohamaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great place to have outdoor brunch on a Sunday morning. Food was very tasty, drinks were delicious, service was rather slow, but given the pace of the day, not really a big issue, but I'd feel wrong giving it a better rating. Ever so slightly overpriced for what you receive, the food is still tasty.Special Features:
- Very good roman foodyalginoDined on 8/9/2014I had a great date here. The waiters were very nice, just the right type of service. The food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingout2eatVIPDined on 8/4/2014Very friendly staff and nice room. Artichoke appetizer was too tough to chew, sent it back. Offered to make something else for me but I declined. They did take it off the bill. Veal Milanese was dry and arugula on top could have been a bit fresher. My veal tenderloin on fonduta was okay, flavors did not work for me. Our waiter, Scott, was very personable and efficient.Special Features:
- Great food & service, dirty glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Food & service were great but they champagne glasses were all filthy with leftover mimosa residue stuck to the insides. The server replaced them but the new ones were only slightly better.Special Features:
- South End's best-kept secret!MeandMaxVIPDined on 8/2/2014The inside foodies may know about this restaurant but being from Cleveland where we have some of the best restaurants in the Midwest, I was looking for something that would meet my expectations. Cinquecento (means 500 in Italian, which is their address) was everything and more than what I expected. It's the up-and-coming neighborhood in Boston with some other notable restaurants. The food was cooked to perfection, the service staff was knowledgeable and the feel the restaurant was eclectic and vibrant. The restaurant is staged in an old garment warehouse in the mix of elements were both elegant and industrial at the same time. This place was truly a feast for the eyes and pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.