Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
500 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cinquecentoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 338-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Winters
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: between Waltham and East Berkley Streets
- Public Transit: Take The Silver Line on Washington Street to the East Berkley Street stop. Walk one block south then take a right on Harisson Avenue. We are on the right at 500 Harisson Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Cinquecento provides free parking for all restaurant guests at the parking lot adjacent to our restaurant. Please look for the 500 Harisson Ave sign as you pass our awnings heading east on Harisson avenue.
A word from Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria is a comfortable, energetic and inviting restaurant reminiscent of the neighborhood trattorias found in Rome. A spot that is perfect for a spontaneous night out, a special occasion or as your go-to spot for dinner and brunch. A perfect meeting place for all, as we offer complimentary parking in our adjacent lot. Located in the South End of Boston, Cinquecento offers a menu steeped in the Roman tradition of simplicity custom and comfort. We offer an extensive all Italian wine list, award winning cocktails, a secluded out door patio and a private dinning room. Enjoy Roman and Italian inspired cuisine described as "true to the Roman Style, simple dishes perfectly done" all served in a dining room like no other in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (74)special occasion (62)hot spot (62)romantic (50)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (46)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (32)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- My favorite bunch in town, always great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2014This is my favorite brunch spot in the South End. They have a great menu, a variety of items. even a pre fixed brunch that can't be beat. Free parking, great atmosphere. Awesome service and great location. What's not to like about this place. Thank you Cinque Cento, awesome always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good...GoodDougBostonVIPDined on 11/23/2014I always feel like they're trying way too hard there. (The name alone...) The food is complicated but very good. Our server was very friendly but not all that professional: She would reach across one of us to serve the person or two on the other side and she cleared the plates as they were emptied, not after everyone was finished. For their price point, those are details they should watch. Food is great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely sublime!FoodieFourIndustryDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I had friends from San Francisco and New York in town, and we were nervous about meeting these foodies' expectations. Cinquecento exceeded our expectations and theirs. We can't wait to visit again. This place is incredible!!! EVERYTHING was perfect from the appetizers, salads, wine, cocktails, pasta, main courses to dessert and dessert wines and cocktails. We didn't want to leave! We ordered dessert twice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unreal experienceRachDined on 11/21/2014Loved everything about Cinquecento.. from the modern twist on traditional italian dishes, to the great service. I would highly recommend Cinquecento to everyone i know! The only thing that wasn't a outstanding was the noise level but it added to the atmosphere :) Overall lovely experience and looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBackinBostonAgainVIPDined on 11/21/2014The waitress was originally going to sit us in the corner of the bar. It was packed with people & I can't believe the waiter could have even made it to our table had we accepted it. I asked for another table which we got in the dining room. There were several in there making me wonder why they had offered the one in the bar. All was fine until the entree. I had ordered a pasta dish with calamari with a garlic & oil sauce. What I received was cod in a red sauce. The waitress had not informed me that they had run out of calamari & if I wanted to keep that choice or switch to another. By this time my husband had finished his entree. I spoke to the manager who refunded our bill since at this point, I would have been eating solo. A bad experience but at least we got our $ back. One more thing - there was a birthday party of young girls taking place with girls running around. Some may want to avoid the kid-friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Brunchsdd12dVIPDined on 11/16/2014Love the prix fix brunch - variety of yummy offerings - priced well - and a great excuse to get out and start your Sunday. We'll be back - and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but had to beg for water and wine...WineBoyVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a large group (11), early on a Friday night. As the night went on, our waiter (and his support staff) seemed somewhat innattentive. In more than four instances, we had to "flag" them down to get more water and order more wine.Special Features:
- excellent mealstevegVIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been to this restaurant many times. The food and service continue to be excellent. Gets somewhat noisy as the night progresses but does not deter from excellent food ( pasta, bronzini, kale salad, etc. ). The restaurant also appears to be very well run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty average, nothing to rave aboutFairVIPDined on 11/13/2014Food was good, a solid 3 stars no more, no less, on the loud side, fairly dim, food was good, not extraordinary, service adequate-not attentive. easy parking, a bit pricey for what they served up...
- Great gathering spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014Great food, ambience and plenty of free parking!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spots.DWB3Dined on 11/8/2014Love the food here, we come often. Hesitate to come on a Saturday evening because I find the wait staff to be stretched too thin. On 2 occasions during our 4 person dinner we had empty wine glasses, it was almost 20 minutes I went without a drink. I don't blame the waiter I think he just had one too many tables. Everything else is fantastic besides the noise level which is super loud in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food but with a caveat!!audiebabesDined on 11/8/2014Our food was truly special. We started with fried artichokes for the table that were scrumptious...the branzino and all else that followed were wonderful, but for us the noise was unbearable. We are 4 "older" diners who like to talk and not shout!! Our reservation was early on a Sat. night, and by 6:30 the din was tough. Management says they are planning to improve the speaker system and that a week night might be easier on the ears anyway. We will return because the quality of the food warrants that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentchuckerooDined on 11/2/2014The last few times I've been here, food has been terrific. We had a wide variety of dishes and all were perfectly prepared and intensely flavorful. Our server Scott was professional and fun - a rare combination.Special Features:
- Excellent SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/1/2014Hadn't been to this restaurant since the new operators took over a couple of years ago. It's a big improvement. They reorganized the space and it works much better. More importantly, the food is excellent... as well as the service. We had... Apps: BRUSCHETTA CON RICOTTA E SPECK, CARPACCIO CABONIZATTI, CARCIOFI ALLA GIUDIA. Pastas: GNOCCHI CON SUGO DI AGNELLO, BUCATINI ALLA CARBONARA. Entrees: VITELLO MILANESE CON RUCOLA E POMODORINI, The SAT Special, Veal Chop with Polenta, BRANZINO CON SCAROLA BRASATA E FUNGHI. All the chow was excellent. Only comment was that both veal dishes could have been cooked a tad more. Desserts were good... the Panna Cotta exceptional. Well chosen, appropriate wine list. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Excellent food and serviceEpm1569VIPDined on 10/31/2014Every visit to restaurant gives us a wonderful, delectable specials such as the baby lamb chops. Their steak is the best steak I've had. They cook it to perfection with spinach and potatoes. The pasta dishes does not disappoint as well but leave room for their chocolate dessert. Take note of the great service from every single person who took good of us. Eric gave impeccable at what he does as always.Danny was also very good. I love the birthday note they give you with everyone's signature if you decide to celebrate your birthday in the restaurant. What a nice touch. I'm already looking forward to our next meal at this restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!SandraSVIPDined on 10/27/2014It was our second time at Cinquecento and we were not disappointed. The service, the food, and the cocktails were exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food! When it finally arrivedBeijosDotVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. I loved the menu right away-- so many great choices for brunch! Our group of four ordered eggs, a waffle and an omelette. Fortunately we were deeply engrossed in conversation and didn't get too ticked off with the full hour wait for our meal. Yes, the restaurant was full but one hour?? Yikes. The waitress was polite but not apologetic. I will try it again because the food was good. Probably not for brunch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 10/25/2014Good food, great location in the South End, but spotty/slow service, and the noise level can make conversation a bit of a challenge.Special Features:
- Great Food; Wretched ServiceMunkustrap178Dined on 10/25/2014Despite having reservations, we still had to wait almost 20 minutes for a table because they were "running behind." We finally got a table near the bar area, and it was so loud that we could barely have a conversation at our table. People standing at the bar were literally right behind my chair and it was extremely uncomfortable. Our drinks and appetizer orders were taken promptly, then the waiter disappeared for a good 30 minutes. Then, a completely different server appeared to take our dinner orders. We also asked her to come right back, as we wanted to order a bottle of wine with dinner. We had to ask 2 different people to send her back. By the time our wine arrived, our food was cold. He apologized for the delay. Get it togetheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food consistently goodwendyjVIPDined on 10/24/2014Love love the artichoke app - salads (kale especially) great - chicken delicious. waiter knew the wine which helped out alot!Special Features:
- Good but a little noisyLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was not spectacular but very good. Atmosphere fun. As it became later in the evening the noise level increased so tha by 9pm it was very noisy.
- Pretty good, nothing specialksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/22/2014Had a fine dinner here, everything was fine, but nothing memorable. Had the chicken which was pretty dry, the boy had a sausage pasta dish which he thought was ok, the drinks were the highlight, but when I got the second one it came out with different ingredients! Kind of strange. Service was pleasant but slow and forgot bread, no biggie. Will be back I'm sure, love that they have their own parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good from beginning to endOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service. Good buzz but not overpowering. The skillet chicken was simple but delicious.Special Features:
- Wow New Favorite Added !!RickVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had never heard of it, went there totally random. Loved it. Instantly added as a new favorite on OpenTable App!! Food was great, and while it can be a bit loud, it has this cozy casual neighborhood feel to it. Service was great, and everyone who was eating there seemed to enjoy themselves. Free parking (lot) is a great plus as well. Will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've fall in love with this placepattidVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had passed Cinquecento many times on visits to SOWA, but finally had brunch on their beautiful patio several weeks ago. The food was terrific -- really different and creative -- but found service that morning to be a little inexperienced and rather rushed. Our Bloody Mary, juice and coffee all arrived together, with all of our food right behind! However, the service (inside) matched the amazing quality of the food on our second visit, inside this time. We love the modern, sophisticated look of the indoor space and all of us commented on the fact that, while the dishes sounded amazing on the menu, they were even better on the plate! Cinquecento has rocketed up the list of our favorite places to eat in Boston.Special Features:
- Fun place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great place!! It is a good restaurant if you are looking for a more casual dinner. It was a little louder then expected but I wasn't bother by it. The fried artichokes were great. My parents were not thrilled about their fish dishes; however, the mushroom pasta I had was amazing. The desserts were extremely notable. The salted caramel gelato was the best I have ever tasted in my life and the panna cotta was also great and I am usually not a panna cotta fan. Also, the ambiance was warm and cozy which is always a plus.Special Features:
- MacMcccDined on 10/17/2014Great experience...from beginning to end. I had to change the reservation three times and everyone was so accommodating. One of our guests uses a wheelchair and it could not have been easier with the help of staff. Pasta was so good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Nice local restaurant with outdoor dining and free parkingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding all aroundMANJADined on 10/13/2014From start to finish everything was great. We started out with three different apps. which we all shared, outstanding. We then had three separate meals. We had the Vongole, couldn't be better. Just needed a bigger dish. Lol. Then we got the Cabbanara and the Bogolenese. Let's just say that the plate did not need to get washed. Just fantastic. We only got two deserts one of which was the almond special, warmed with peaches, oh my god..... Our server was great, I believe his name was Henery.. Great job. All in all, I will be back with other guests and probably many more time after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianMOmoVIPDined on 10/12/2014Cinquecento has a great menu with an excellent selection of authentic Italian dishes, without much Americanization. The artichoke (carciofi alla giudia) and kale salad starters are both excellent, plus the wonderful selection of Italian cheeses and dried meats. You won't go wrong with the steak or sea bass mains. As for the ambiance, I love the dark lighting and towers of Campari and Aperol bottles adding an orange glow to the room. The large dining area makes it a great space for large groups, but the layout of the room also creates a cozy feel for romantic dining. The service is friendly and attentive. All in, a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Ambiance a plusnolagalDined on 10/11/2014We all enjoyed the meal and the decor is lovely. However, two of us ordered a veal chop special which arrived and was barely warm. It had a delicious sauce and good flavors but clearly had been sitting for a while. Waitstaff was nice and attentive. Person delivering the meals threw them down at us with a scowl on her face, not very appealing.Special Features:
- Love but ask questionsJLeeDined on 10/10/2014Love this place, but wasn't ready for the sweetness in the gnocchi - with hints of cinnamon and sugar. Not what I was expecting. The rigatoni, however, was great as usual. And they have a lovely wine list. We had the Rosso Montalcino (I think, or Rosso Montepulciano). Yum.
- Disappointingboatslip7Dined on 10/10/2014We had 5 people in our party. Drinks were great but food was average. I ordered the mushroom pasta and it had 4 sliced mushrooms!! It tasted like buttered noodles. Certainly not worth the money.Our waiter was very attentive and polite. I would not go back to this restaurant again.
- TravelinderDined on 10/9/2014Delicious food but extremely loud! Too loud in fact. Not sure if I would return because of the noise level. Requested a quiet out of the way table and was given one right in the middle of the establishment. Difficult to visit and catch up with others in my party so that was disappointing. Food was tasty but portion sizes varied depending on what type of entree you would order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodVegasVIPDined on 10/9/2014No complaints here. Dined at the bar. Thoroughly enjoyed grilled calamari and gnocchi and of course the martinis.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals here -- Tuscan Kale Salad plus Bucatini Cacio e Pepe, Burrata, Pistachio, and Fig Salad plus Mediterranean Sea Bass -- and the excellent coffee and tea. Up front, the fresh bead with dipping oil was better than most, while on the back end, the cannoli with chocolate chips and nuts were very good but not quite as great as the rest of the dinner. Still, with excellent throughout and the noise level on a Monday night moderate (we can't vouch for other times but imagine it can get loud here), this was a great place for a special occasion meal.Special Features:
- Kid-friendly brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I've been to Cinquecento for date night dinner, but we tried it out for brunch this weekend with our 2-year old and friends with an infant. It couldn't have gone more smoothly. The restaurant was very accommodating, service was just as good as when we are without kids and the food was delicious. Get the basket of pastries/bread - SO good!Special Features:
- nicely doneOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014The veal Milanese was quite good, and the appetizer of salamis and cheese was excellent. The fried artichoke appetizer was very good, although it included too much of the tough part of the leaves. The carbonara was tasty, but the pasta was overcooked and the sauce was a little too heavy and slightly cloying. The noise level is too much for this diner and waitstaff came by to inquire about removing plates too often (three in a row within about 2 minutes).Special Features:
- ROME IS NEAR HOME--GOLivingInFranceDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is stunning. The noise level is on the high side, especially around the bar area, but there is no trouble having a conversation at the table. Cocktails were perfect. Service was very good. Lots of good choices for wines by the glass. And the food was delicious! I was with two other people and we all tasted each others food, so I tried 3 appetizers--tomato soup, fried artichokes, and my choice, the octopus salad. They were all perfectly cooked and seasoned. Two of us then had pasta--I had the gnocchi with lamb ragu which was heavenly. The others had ravioli and lamb chops--which were absolutely yummy. For dessert, we shared three scoops of sorbet, all full flavored and bright, especially the limoncello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service everJBProvincetownDined on 10/2/2014The food at Cinquecento is reliably good. It is a little rich for me, but the quality and selection are excellent. What distinguished this experience was a really pleasant and knowledgeable waitress. She was outstanding! In fact the staff seemed to work very well together in general. My party of 4 was delighted.Special Features: