Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
500 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cinquecentoboston.com/
- Phone: 6173389500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Winters
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: between Waltham and East Berkley Streets
- Public Transit: Take The Silver Line on Washington Street to the East Berkley Street stop. Walk one block south then take a right on Harisson Avenue. We are on the right at 500 Harisson Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Cinquecento provides free parking for all restaurant guests at the parking lot adjacent to our restaurant. Please look for the 500 Harisson Ave sign as you pass our awnings heading east on Harisson avenue.
A word from Cinquecento Roman Trattoria
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria is a comfortable, energetic and inviting restaurant reminiscent of the neighborhood trattorias found in Rome. A spot that is perfect for a spontaneous night out, a special occasion or as your go-to spot for dinner and brunch. A perfect meeting place for all, as we offer complimentary parking in our adjacent lot. Located in the South End of Boston, Cinquecento offers a menu steeped in the Roman tradition of simplicity custom and comfort. We offer an extensive all Italian wine list, award winning cocktails, a secluded out door patio and a private dinning room. Enjoy Roman and Italian inspired cuisine described as "true to the Roman Style, simple dishes perfectly done" all served in a dining room like no other in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinquecento Roman Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (77)special occasion (75)great for outdoor dining (63)vibrant bar scene (55)romantic (52)hot spot (48)great for brunch (46)notable wine list (42)late-night find (20)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014My favorite restaurant in Boston. It happened to be Restaurant Week and the dishes we got were superb. As always, the service was a highlight. We got a spot on the patio outside and it was very nice. Can't wait to find an excuse to get back.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!MeaghanDined on 8/26/2014I have eaten at cinque cento several times & have never been disappointed! The menu is full of authentic Italian dishes and the wine list is extensive with several options for ordering. We were back with a larger group for a birthday party & had another delicious meal with superb service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College send offTfheflockDined on 8/24/20142 heading to college, 2 moving to new apts and jobs. A great place for jokes and connecting before send off . Our waiter, Dave was exceptionally great. He suggested vegetarian alternatives to meat and fish based specials and kept the meal and drinks moving at just the right pace.Special Features:
- Excellent foodsatfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My husband found the restaurant on an internet search. The food was excellent. Parking was easy. Restaurant décor is modern. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodWersigobraDined on 8/20/2014Four of us went during restaurant week, and three of us got different pastas, all of which were fantastic. Everything we ordered was amazing, including the salmon tartare appetizer. The pana cotta desert was so good, I had to order another. The wine list was all Italian wine, which I sometimes shy away from but the two wines we ordered (the montepulciano and the valpolicello) were both outstanding. I would expect their other options to be very good, as well. I am picky about Italian food, and not often impressed. I felt the the cuisine was much more modern that the typical north end fare, and much more exciting. I expect to go back soon! There was a group next to us, with a couple of loud bimbo types, and I would have rather sat at a booth.Special Features:
- Tough CustomerToughCustomerDined on 8/19/2014Another great night at Cinquecento! Splendid pasta dish with summer corn.Special Features:
- holiday1Dined on 8/13/2014Slightly put of the way but great interior, attentive service, knowledgeable server- good wine recommendation - with tasting pour to convince us. Reasonable portions tasty dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Eric. Best Server in BostonObatzdaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our server, Eric, was outstanding -- a true professional. He was attentive, considerate, thoughtful and provide us an all-around wonderful experience. He created a wonderful birthday dinner experience for my mother.Special Features:
- A Nice BrunchnewyokohamaDined on 8/10/2014Great place to have outdoor brunch on a Sunday morning. Food was very tasty, drinks were delicious, service was rather slow, but given the pace of the day, not really a big issue, but I'd feel wrong giving it a better rating. Ever so slightly overpriced for what you receive, the food is still tasty.Special Features:
- Very good roman foodyalginoDined on 8/9/2014I had a great date here. The waiters were very nice, just the right type of service. The food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingout2eatVIPDined on 8/4/2014Very friendly staff and nice room. Artichoke appetizer was too tough to chew, sent it back. Offered to make something else for me but I declined. They did take it off the bill. Veal Milanese was dry and arugula on top could have been a bit fresher. My veal tenderloin on fonduta was okay, flavors did not work for me. Our waiter, Scott, was very personable and efficient.Special Features:
- Great food & service, dirty glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Food & service were great but they champagne glasses were all filthy with leftover mimosa residue stuck to the insides. The server replaced them but the new ones were only slightly better.Special Features:
- South End's best-kept secret!MeandMaxVIPDined on 8/2/2014The inside foodies may know about this restaurant but being from Cleveland where we have some of the best restaurants in the Midwest, I was looking for something that would meet my expectations. Cinquecento (means 500 in Italian, which is their address) was everything and more than what I expected. It's the up-and-coming neighborhood in Boston with some other notable restaurants. The food was cooked to perfection, the service staff was knowledgeable and the feel the restaurant was eclectic and vibrant. The restaurant is staged in an old garment warehouse in the mix of elements were both elegant and industrial at the same time. This place was truly a feast for the eyes and pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside at CinquecentoToughCustomerDined on 7/31/2014I love good food and I don't want to pay good money for food I could prepare at home. My wife is worse than I am. This is my third time at Cinquecento and my wife's second. This is the first time we were able to eat outside. Each time the wait staff has been friendly, engaging without being invasive, and knowledgeable about the food and wine menu. The menu choices are varied and I have had several of the entrees and appetizers. The food always makes me want to come back. Dee-liciouus! On this occasion, we were with two friends who felt the same way as us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Brunch & DinnerMelrikDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant is right in the middle of the SoWa Market on Sundays so we love to go for a drink or brunch after shopping. It also has a beautiful and hip atmosphere so really great for dinner as well. The food is always amazing and fresh. My only complaints would be the wine list is all Italian so we can't get our preferred oaky/buttery chardonnay; also although the deck seating outside is very charming the service is 10 times slower out there.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favIballVIPDined on 7/24/2014Staff is always friendly and food is consistently good. Outside dining is lovely and all are accepting of the dogs who attend as well- behaved always!! Octupus is great, mussels in great broth. The trout is really good- and the fish in parchment- always a crowd pleaser. Wine list is varied and affordable. Parking is a plus.Special Features:
- loved itbuerreblancDined on 7/23/2014we had an a wonderful celebration with you all. right from the greeting at the door, the service was spot on. our waiter was well informed and enthusiastic. he answered our questions, made excellent suggestions and was- just the right attentive for our group. everything he encouraged us to order was really good. the food was just delicious. there are obviously a few super tasters on the kitchen team, dishes were beautiful, everything had balanced flavor profiles and like good Italian food- it was the quality of ingredients and simple preparations that made it sooo amazing. it was an outstanding meal and experience- thank you team 500. can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- lively and delicioussouthendloyalVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love going here especially when weather allows outdoor dining. Great food choices, both for light and more substantial meals. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanFoodie1Dined on 7/19/2014Delicious imaginative food (fabulous, actually!), nice lively atmosphere, attentive waiters. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Late DinnerEAshleyDined on 7/18/2014The beef carpaccio was exquisite and my wife's Tuna tartar looks was good as well (but she wouldn't let me have any of it).Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014My family of 6 enjoyed a celebratory dinner on Thursday night - great food, excellent service and the atmosphere was festive. I will definitely return here. We had a lot of fun - so glad we were able to sit outside but look forward to indoor seating when the weather cools off. Can't say enough about the waitstaff - they were very attentive without being annoying. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service and noisyhectorDined on 7/16/2014The food was quite good, but there was a long, long wait for last course which spoiled the overall experience. My dinner guests were clearly put off. Perhaps they are understaffed. Also, it was very noisy which made it hard to hear each other at a round table of four.
- good but has been betterKevinbostonVIPDined on 7/13/2014I have been there a number of times but last night was an off night. My steak was a bit tough but tasted good. our side of Brussel sprouts was late but delicious. All-in-all it was bit pricier than expected it was listed as $$ but it should be $$$ or $$$$.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal and serviceShaShaDined on 7/12/2014We had an amazing meal! Starting with a great kale salad, fried artichokes and the best plate of pasta that I've ever had. Our server, Anna, was attentive and knowledgable. She was nice enough to let us sample a couple of wines to help us make the right selection. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Good food, service lackingMarkDined on 7/11/2014The food was great. This was our second visit to Cinquecento and both times the food was very good. On our first visit, the service was great, but this time not so much. The hostess appeared to have sat a bunch of tables at once and seemed confused about the rest of us who were waiting and had reservations. Once we got that sorted out, our waiter seemed indifferent to his job. He would swing by periodically and check on us, but seemed distracted and uninterested in his diners. It was a letdown for sure.
- Great ambianceBobNahantVIPDined on 7/11/2014First never mind the food ...free parking in this part of Boston is a real plus. Now for the food. Everything is well prepared and delicious. Mushroom soup for my wife tuna tartare for me. Both absolutely delicious. Main course of lamb chops also delicious. Now for the ambience... A very tastefully done interior. We sat at the booth next to the bar and it didn't have that I'm in the sports bar feel that so many have. A very intimate Italian Tratoria feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was good but the bar scene which is close to the dining area was extremely loudSpecial Features:
- Nice MenuManhattanNomadVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good to see a place where they actually have some real Roman dishes, have to go back for the Cacio e Pepe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodluvah32Dined on 7/3/2014I'll start with the positives. Ambience, A+. Waitstaff, A++. Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Food, good. Decent, solid, you're not going to get a bad meal here. Ingredients are quality and fresh. Presentation, also A+. Here's where the negative comes in. There's something missing in the food and it's hard to put my finger on it, but I want to say that it's that homemade, Grandma's in the kitchen overseeing the cooking, kind of thing. There's something inauthentic about it....like a theme restaurant. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not overall outstanding. I feel that with so many authentic little trattorias so close by in and around the North End, this one falls a little short.Special Features:
- a food lover 1962Afoodlover1962VIPDined on 7/1/2014As group of friends we had the worst evening ever celebrating a young couple who married that same day. Service was inattentive , and poorly managed. Food was way overrated and expensive for the microscopic portions served , especially if tables wants to share between guests. The waiter after I asked to do something special for our friends dessert , told us he wasn't sure what to do and I was really upset he couldn't even bring a dessert with a candle on it or something festive. Over all the place was loud , we felt it was very highly priced and way overrated and poor service. I would not be returning unless they renew the menu and hire a better staff with less attitude toward the client.Special Features:
- What a find!FoodiePepDined on 6/30/2014Since we only had two nights in Boston, I spent almost an hour looking at reviews for Italian restaurants. Cinquecento's menu stood out as innovative and authentic. I wasn't wrong. We had a fabulous meal, redolent of our time in Italy. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Every time I go yo this place it never disappoints .....the food and service are amazing!Special Features:
- Unbelievable value + great service!KristinDined on 6/22/2014I can't say enough good things about Cinquecento. We had a group of 9 people but had two late comers that arrived over an hour late. Instead of being frustrated with us, the staff were incredibly patient and kind to us. I couldn't tell you how grateful I was for their superior customer service in such a stressful situation. The value for the meal was impeccable. I highly recommend. Great proximity to SOWA and ample access to public parking. How can you not love it?Special Features:
- Service...meh!LolitaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The service was definitely NOT the best. Food was great. Cool atmosphere but our server was extremely slow and not the least bit apologetic. Had he at least acknowledged that he forgot about us or was in the weeds that would have been totally fine by us, but the fact that he avoided it...not cool.Special Features:
- Almost greatCJCbostonVIPDined on 6/15/2014Really appreciate both the large parking lot and great outdoor patio. The wine list focusses on Italians and I love a lot of Italian Reds but didn't recognize too many on this eclectic list. While all was good, my pasta dish was only good not amazing as I expected. I'd go again but more for the setting rather the pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jml1Dined on 6/15/2014Cinquecento has a good selection of choices for brunch. Blueberry French toast was delicious. Also, if you have someone on a restricted diet there are a number of options from the menu that can work for them. Service was very good even on a busy Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- excellent!adamVIPDined on 6/15/2014My new favorite place for brunch. Try the eggs with mushrooms and salsa verde. Loved the Kale salad as well. Great coffee, great service!Special Features:
- Great BrunchMmmmmDined on 6/15/2014We had a memorable dinner here some time ago and decided to come for brunch. Our group's choices ranged from pasta dishes (bolognese and carbonara) to fried eggs with perfectly seasoned mushrooms, a fresh spinach salad, and polenta with eggs. Delicious offerings, casual trendy atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Friends to MeetKITKATDined on 6/13/2014Have been a dinner guests in the past, always look forward to returning. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and a manager always finds time to stop by every table. A great, fun place to dine and drink. The menu specials are delicious, it is hard to choose with so many options.Special Features:
- Delicious!girlcaneatDined on 6/7/2014Had a great dining experience there on Saturday night. Food was excellent (I'm still thinking about the rigatoni dish I ordered) and the services was great. Our waiter was extremely friendly, even just making random conversation which was a nice instead of the usual, impersonal experience with wait staff. Best part was, after a bottle of wine, an appetizer, a choice of meat from the salumi menu and 2 entrees, the bill was FAR less then what I had expected! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.