Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: (410) 547-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)notable wine list (81)special occasion (80)romantic (60)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (24)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife had duck It was so tough, she had a hard time cutting and chewing it. The other 3 dishes were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AloofDrakeVIPDined on 11/15/2014It was our first time there. We were seated quickly with no real welcome. Our waiter shoved a wine menu in our faces after we said no cocktails.While looking at the wine list,the waiter insisted we order an appetizer. No real orientation to menu or small talk regarding the restaurant's offering.we asked for suggestions for a wine similar to California Chard and he brought a bottle, opened it ,poured a bit and left.It was so light,so golden and was a 2008.Not good at all.We should have asked for a different one but had been rushed into ordering dinner so felt it was not worth the trouble.My duck was so fatty and tough ,I had to saw it to get a taste.His concern was minimal. He said 'oh the wine WE chose was more like a pinot grigio"which was certainly not what we asked for. Overall ,it was the least satisfying evening of four we spent in Baltimore.I would not recommend to anyone .
- wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014i never write reviews but this place blew me away! Amazing service and food to match. One of the most knowledgable servers I've ever come across. Far exceeded expectations which were high going in based off of recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous food, as always!missspacecaseDined on 11/13/2014My sister and I chose this restaurant to take my grandmother to after our father's funeral. It had been his favorite fancy restaurant during his lifetime. As usual, the chef didn't disappoint. From the beautiful selection of meats to the pappardelle to the pine nut tart, I had a wonderful meal. My one criticism is that my sister, who has a tree nut allergy that could kill her, was presented with a tiramisu dish with amaretto cookies after she was assured no tree nuts were present. Amaretto translates to "almond" and the cookies clearly had almonds in them. Needless to say, she did not have dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, exciting menusbhsantafeDined on 11/10/2014We had one dinner in Baltimore and wanted to find good seafood, an Italian menu, near the waterfront, a good wine list, and an adventurous chef. Cinghiale delivered on all points, including the extras of warm wood interior, the right amount of bustle, and professional service (though they misdelivered our espresso, they made up for it by sending over a fresh cup for free). Pricey, but not overly so; the value matched the quality....and, I had Tasmanian salmon leftovers for lunch the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not Great ExperienceDaughterDined on 11/9/2014Admittedly, we went in knowing we should not compare the experience to that of The Charleston, but did so anyway. And in comparison, Cianghale rates a B- in our opinion. The initial service was attentive, but as the meal progressed became spottier. We found ourselves a few times looking around for our waiter, and many courses were served to the wrong individual at the table. Overall, the food was good, although we tried three variations of the pasta course (one duck filled, one sausage filled, one meat filled) and honestly they all tasted pretty similar. We enjoyed our evening, but would most likely try one of the other restaurants in this group before returning. Thanks for a nice evening though!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Great evening out - Great service, great food, great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute Italian with a few flawsCvilleDinerDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated 15th wedding anniversary at Cinghiale. Food was superb, although made-to-order wild mushroom risotto arrived undercooked. It must have been cooked too quickly over very high heat, resulting in a concentrated salty flavor and crunchy rice. Waiter was attentative, but somewhat aloof. Also, English was not his first language and understanding him over the din of diners was a chore. Furthermore, if Cinghiale is going to make an effort to distinguish its more formal Osteria from the laid back Enoteca side of the house, then the dress code of jackets for men at dinner needs to be enforced. Male patrons in jeans and collarless shirts detracted from the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014We have been there before and had a good experience, but this time it was unacceptable. The food took over 1 1/2 hours after ordering and the waitress was unpleasant and unapologetic. I have never left less then a 20% tip but this time I did because she was so bad. After waiting so long for the food, one dish was not even hot.
- lkeatsDined on 11/7/2014We love the prix fixe menu concept and enjoy the wine pairings. We have never had an even a mediocre experience here, it's always great. Because you can always count on the consistency, it's our go-to spot for a client dinner and entertaining out of town guests.Special Features:
- Another lovely experienceJimmyDined on 11/7/2014I've spoken enough about Cinghiale in prior reviews. Absolutely one of the best restaurants in town. Impeccable service, fantastic food, wonderful (although quite expensive) cocktail & wine selections.Special Features:
- Great food ,service but noisycrossroadsdocDined on 11/6/2014We went back here after almost 7 years! The food was delicious, the service excellent- our Maitre d' and server was very knowledgeable about the extensive wine list and went out of his way to make sure the kitchen prepared the foods with the restrictions placed-he brought us a special Moscato 'on the house' since we were celebrating a special occasion! Only down side---very noisy that made conversation very difficult.Special Features:
- AzamVIPDined on 11/5/2014We had a truly magnificent dinner. The foie gras was out of this world -- we ordered two servings it was so good. The main courses that our table ordered comprised of the porcelet, the duck breast were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanDined on 11/3/2014Always have an excellent time at Cinghiale!! Food, atmosphere everything. Definately recomment this restaurant.Special Features:
- underwhelmingjocrDined on 11/1/2014I was highly disappointed with my visit. High prices, slow service, and average food.Special Features:
- Best Lasagna EverfoodloverDined on 10/28/2014We visit Baltimore once a year to attend a trade show. Last year we discovered Cinghiale and this year we couldn't wait to go back! The experience and food was just as wonderful as we had remembered. And the Lasagna is to die for!!! Did I mention the Lasagna?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale- Baltimore MarylandCJeatsWellVIPDined on 10/25/2014Server was very knowledgable about the food and wine. We had some great raviolis, rabbit, pork belly and short rib. Calamari appetizer was excellent as well as the cheese selection. My only criticism was my fresh salad was mediocre at best. Tomatoes were like card board and should have not bee served. Also my companions wanted more sauce on there raviolis.Special Features:
- A special NightmellendkDined on 10/24/2014Lovely dinner by the inner harbor. Service impeccable and helpful. We had a special night celebrating my daughters' eighteenth birthday.Special Features:
- Urban EclecticSevernaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Not your father's Italian restaurant! Bustling with fast moving wait staff, and boasting an eclectic menu and a great wine list, this is a wonderful upscale, urban dining destination. Pricey, but you'll be treated well and will enjoy a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Just ok.TDizzleDined on 10/18/2014We did the food tasting with wine pairings and the glasses of wine were very small and the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, excellent staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Four of our party of 6 arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately. The wine list is extremely impressive with many significant bargains in terms of value but it also had some expensive and very hard to find choices. The wine was tasted then decanted at the table prior to serving. Each step in the process was done correctly. I ordered mixed plate Antipasti dish for the table which was a nice mix of olives, meats and cheese nicely presented. The arugola salads were properly sized and very well prepared. Three of us tried the special of the evening which was a saddle of rabbit and three others had the lasagna. Both dishes were well prepared and presented on the plate. Our experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Another fantastic experienceBaltgetupDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere is wonderful, service excellent and food creatively delicious.Special Features:
- Fit for CheeseheadsStuffedJoeDined on 10/17/2014We accidentally ran into this place while traveling on business. We immediately were greeted with the charcuterie and cheese bar that brought great aroma and ambiance. We enjoy a little taste of everything, and loved the pumpkin and chestnut cappuccino and arugula salad (with candied lemon) as our appetizers. The rabbit saddle entree was something you dream about, with the temperature perfect, the meat melted as you ate it. The price at the end was much less than we expect from such a well prepared and thought out meal, with the two of us enjoying a total of 8 courses for less than $135 (including tip). In a perfect world - we would spend many more nights in this town being tempted on the different options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPOINTING SERVICE!mixedReviewDrDined on 10/17/2014We didn't like our waitress. I've been to many four star restaurants and a few five star places - in the U.S. and abroad - and NEVER did the waitress or waiter take the first drink of our wine! A $40 bottle of wine and she poured herself the significant first drink!!! She was also too quick to refill the glass of one person who was drinking most of the wine and leaving too little remaining for the other person sharing the bottle. The wine steward also acted insulted that we asked HIM what the soup of the day was.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cinghiale continues to offer one of the most consistently good meals in the Harbor East area. Service is always very good. Only grip during this visit was that i had to send my gin and tonic back several times since the tonic had no flavor at all (tasted like selzer water). A good bartender should be able to get that resolved after one time and it took three failed attempts to resolve the situation.Special Features:
- Saturday night in heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014We returned to Cinghiale for dinner after several evenings in Baltimore including a very nice meal at the sister establishment across the street. We had dined here a year ago and had wonderful memorieis of the cheese and salumia with a 2001 Amorone Ca de Monte 2001. We returned with our distinguished national leader to share and found the white truffle risotta waiting for us! we ordered a second for the table and had the last of the chef's white truffles with a somalier recommended FINE which we will remember for years. WE will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBaltimoreBrianVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place gets better every time I come here. Highly recommend the speck, prosciutto, duck, beef, gelati and all the pastas. Cinghiale cocktale is a favorite.Special Features:
- CSV 10.4.14csvjDined on 10/4/2014Cinghiale is a "sure thing!" Great atmosphere, exceptional service and a superb menu and presentation of courses. Whenever you want to guarantee a wonderful dining experience, you can think no further. We had a tremendous meal this past Saturday evening. The flavors presented in the courses seemed to just naturally blend but remain distinctive. The mushroom flavors in the Tagliatelle lingered so subtly that you wanted them to never leave your palate. The wait and support staff are so well organized, knowledgeable and attentive while remaining unobtrusive the courses are sequenced expertly truly enhancing the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSRSDined on 10/2/2014The food was great as usual, but the service was awful. I may not return again.Special Features:
- Always outstandingRDLearVIPDined on 9/30/2014Everything great as usual, food, service, wine. Charcuterie sampler, specials all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceTracyDined on 9/27/2014Our server was awesome that night. He took great care of us, kept bringing more of the amazing bread, and made excellent recommendations on the menu. He knew every item in a lot of detail and helped us choose a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at Cinghiale.WolfForemanFanVIPDined on 9/27/2014CONSISTENTLY superior food, drinks, and service. We have never had anything less than a stellar experience here.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!4BamDined on 9/24/2014Came to Baltimore by boat and stayed in the marina nearby. We spotted the restaurant awnings from the water and took the very short walk to a lovely spot and dicipus food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Since we arrived just in time for our reservation, it was a relief to find that they had valet parking. Really enjoyed the meal. We had the 4 course meal. Very interesting menu. I had the fois gras, tortellini, tuna, gnocchi (my wife's), and the espresso dessert. I would recommend every course as delicious. The server was great. The on egging I didn't care for was the table arrangement. We did get a window, which we asked for, but on the window side there was a bench seat shared with the adjacent tables. We were a little too close to our neighbors. But, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Delicious choicesAnnaWDined on 9/16/2014Having dined at this restaurant once before, I suggested it to a friend as a great spot for a leisurely dinner over which to catch up. We shared the grilled calamari appetizer; the calamari were very tender and seasoned perfectly. We each got pasta dishes for our entrees: the sausage filled "ravioli" in brown butter sage sauce and the duck confit filled agnolotti with mushrooms. We each enjoyed our selections (and tasted each other's)--both were winners. The portions were generous, allowing us to take home leftovers to enjoy the next day. We also splurged on desserts: almond soup and fig cake. Both were very nice. My friend was pleased to know about Cinghiale and plans to introduce her family to it soon. I know I will return.Special Features:
- GolfleftieDined on 9/13/2014Tables too close together. Service was rushed and impersonal.Special Features:
- itsworthitDined on 9/12/2014We were thoroughly impressed! The service was excellent throughout our evening. Each course of the meal was an experience and we certainly look forward to our next special occasion to enjoy here.Special Features:
- one of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014we've been there many times and have always had a great time and awesome foodSpecial Features:
- Another Memorable EveningDatfoodDoeDined on 9/7/2014The food was spectacular, per usual. Max was both attentive and knowledgeable about the wine list and food preparations. Would definitely return with another group.Special Features:
- Great evening of food and service920hsmsDined on 9/6/2014All courses were absolutely delicious! We had a wide range of meat, fish, salad and dessert courses throughout our meals and all choices were excellently prepared and presented. The courses were presented with sufficient time in between to enjoy and make a little room before the next course arrived. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.