Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: 4105478282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (88)romantic (67)scenic view (37)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014As always, I had a great experience at Cinghiale. The food and service were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at CinghialeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner at 7:00 on a Saturday night. Had at the 5 course tasting menu. It was absolutely DELISH. The food was amazing. Duck and halibut were cooked perfectly. The beef tartare was AMAZING. The service was top notch and lacked nothing. It was really a great experience and will go back again.Special Features:
- PvtasterEddiepDined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience with excellent service. Some dishes were excelent; others were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you CingialeDGMcGDined on 8/16/2014We had a very special occasion to celebrate (50th wedding anniversary). Cingiale took the ball and ran with it. All was handled with aplomb and elegance. Cingiale is now my number one go to place "special" and "memorable".Special Features:
- Outstanding MealMamaGeeDined on 8/11/2014In Baltimore for a brief getaway with my husband. Looked at lots of restaurants and settled on Cinghiale. Can't say enough good things about the food, the atmosphere, the service, etc. Expensive but soooo worth it! If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, Cinghiale is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missed.LifelonglocalVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant has the making for something great, but doesn't quite achieve it. The staff is less than tactful and not at the level one would expect in a restaurant like this. They messed up my order three times ( pretty hard on a 3 course meal), but failed to handle it well any of the times. One waiter even went so far as to insist I had ordered what he brought before he realized he had made the mistake. To be fair, the other 3 in the party had great food and it was served in a timely basis. They still miss on lots of little things like over filling wine glasses, taking plates without asking and before everyone is done. Still, great decor and a good chef means good potential. Let's hope they reach it.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 8/9/2014Cinghiale is a solid choice for a wonderful night out with very good food and service. My only small issue was that with the high end dining experience I would expect the server to be more attentive when passing by and we shouldn't have to pour most of our bottle of wine ourselves.
- Spacious View Fab FoodbikerbenDined on 8/6/2014With a view of the Harbor, large windows, spacious spread out seating area, this restaurant is a nice relaxing romantic place to take my lady or for a special occasion. The servers are classy and friendly. The food is tasty and extremely well presented.Special Features:
- Nice eveningMoreBigCatDined on 8/5/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The zucchini soup and fish were excellent. I was underwhelmed by the tomato salad - good tasting tomato, but does it take a chef to slice a tomato and sprinkle gorgonzola on it? The veal bolognaise tasted good, but would have been more appropriate for a starter rather than the mains. I was underwhelmed by my meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing meal! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014aikomuleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Cinghiale for Restaurant Week on a Saturday night. My experience w/rest. week has been hit or miss over the years. This was a hit! I ordered from the prix fixe menu and everything was superb. My wife tried the gnocchi and thought it was excellent. The tagliatelle was very good as was the semifredo. Great attentive service. Will go back.Special Features:
- UnmatchedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic, especially for Food Week in Baltimore. Make sure you do the wine pairings during food week: the meals are complete without it, but the Chef pairs so well that your time there is taken to another level. The waiters come around just often enough to were is does not seem like a bother, and make sure you get dessert - the best part of a meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsicarmagicVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is just one of those classic eateries that is consistently good, the service is reliable and the ambiance is of true Italian flavor. My wife and I left a Baltimore hot spot called 'fork and knife' after 10 minutes because the menu was just limited and, to be honest, awful. After a few minutes we decided on Cinghiale and the rest of the night was pure happiness. You will not be disappointed, go and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner for BrotherkheilighDined on 8/2/2014I made this reservation for my brother & sister in law for their wedding anniversary dinner - it also happened to coincide with restaurant week. The staff was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable from helping us with food decisions to navigating the very expansive wine list. The food, the view and the service were all top notch.Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseTonyVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had another wonderful meal at Cinghiale the past Saturday evening. As always everything was excellent. So many wonderful dishes on the changing menu. Its very hard to select. The menu reflects the many talents of Chef Martucci and his staff, and the seasonal products from local producers. The pastas are all homemade and very special. The service is first rate from the friendly managers and greeters to the servers. Our regular server Max L. is always special. Not a better Italian restaurant anyplace. As is all of Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf's restaurants, its top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentkimberfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have frequented this place many times and each time, we walked away with a smile on our face. Cinghale continues to serve great food and wine and we've never had bad service either. I recommend this place all the time to people i know would appreciate great ambiance and food. We've also been to the Charleston and my husband and I agree - its definitely comparable in food, but just a tad (and by tad i meant a lot) cheaper. Check it out!Special Features:
- fancy italianliv2eatDined on 8/1/2014everything we ordered was fantastic except the lamb bolognase was tasteless and dry. the wine pairing was perfect. excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent at all phases - bar, food and service. No pressure to sell me a full bottle of wine when all we wanted were two glassesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTimeoutDined on 7/27/2014Excellent choices of wine. Food was cooked perfectly. Service was very attentive. We chose the four course meal with wine pairings. The Blue Fin Tuna with watermelon was paired excellently with a rose wine. The wine pairings for the halibut and the risotto might have been better if the wine they served was fresher. Those two glasses tasted a little over oxidized (a Barbara and a chianti). Kind of expected it since there are 40 wines available by the glass. Overall, it was still a great night out.Special Features:
- Reservations don't help w TableDaisy4648Dined on 7/27/2014We ate thereSaturday night. Made reservations for 4 at 6:30pm two days in advance and they sat us at a booth in the bar!!! I know we should have said I won't sit here, but we didn't. Overrated as # 11 restaurant in Baltimore. Service very slow Food good Had to ask twice to get water refilled. Had a bottle of wine and wanted another, but no one came to ask, let alone pour for us. We are locals and won't return.
- Harbor East gemBlackhawkDined on 7/24/2014Just had dinner with my wife and good friends. Service was outstanding, and one of our part is a former chef. He opined that it was the best meal he had in a long time. The wine list is full of wonderful Italian wines. There are two prix fixe menus ($29 and $62) with lots to choose from. I try to visit this gem every time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Very good dining experience --- Friendly, helpful and experienced staff--- Cinghiale's menu is more sophisticated, more off the beaten path( ie less traditional) and more expensive than most of the other very good restaurants nearby. Before you book, take a look at the menu on-line so you know what to expect going in. If what you see appeals , you should not be disappointed.Special Features:
- BenSVIPDined on 7/12/2014As it has been since it opened - just a wonderful spot for great Italien food. And, the service is perfect and does not interupt your dining enjoyment.Special Features:
- Pretentious!HoppyDined on 7/12/2014If Cinghiale was 1/2 as good as they think they are, they'd be mediocre. You might like Cinghiale if: 1) You like to be charged exhorbitant prices for minuscle, mediocre servings 2) Want your expensive "cuisine" served coldSpecial Features:
- Disappointed!JPinPHDined on 7/11/2014After a wonderful evening at the Meyerhof I was thoroughly anticipating dinner and swayed decisions prior to for Cinghiale among our other guests. A late night reservation (10:00 pm) may have had an impact on our meal. The service was excellent - the wine list was incredible - the food was terrible. The tortellini appetizer was dried out - not to be mistaken for al dente. My pork chop was flavorful, but lukewarm and difficult to cut. My wife's halibut was extremely dry - the only good thing on her plate was the fava beans (skinless). Our guests did not comment on the food, but lack of comment was enough - with the exception of the tiramisu - which was not tiramisu at all! Recommend early dining and you might get the chef's full attention!Special Features:
- WowedFoodiefunDined on 7/7/2014Incredible food and wonderful service. My wife and I went here for her birthday. Everything started wonderful and course after course, it just got better. Matthew, our server, took the time to explain everything and made us feel like royalty. Can't say enough great things about this place. Absolutely one of the best dinners I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always never fails to please usTonyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Dinner at Cinghiale as always was great. Never a flaw from the creative dishes to the excellent service!! The only problem is deciding what to order. Everything on the ever changing menu is outstanding. So many great pastas and main courses that highlight Chef Martucci's talents.. The seasonal specials should not be missed. Our server Max L. was as always very special. So helpful with his recommendations and graciful service. From the moment you walk in until you leave, the staff does everything to ensure that you have a great dining experience. The Italian wine list is one of the best!! So many wines from different regions of Italy. Most are very reasonly priced. Many under $30. More places should follow Cinghiale's lead on this.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Food substandard. Have eaten here before and was very good. Not this time. Service was horrible. Many mistakes. Sent one dinner back but replacement was not good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014We love Cinghiale. I have to say, though, that for a Friday evening, it was surprisingly quiet and there were several empty tables. I'm not sure why that was. The food and service were outstanding, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLRothDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service, knowledgeable staff. I highly recomment itSpecial Features:
- Food and Service as Best in ItalyRaePDined on 6/17/2014The quality of food and service is equal to the best Italian restaurants. Now that's hard to find -- and a great location in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.A wonderful, relaxed meal. Subtle, perfectly balanced flavors. All the staff we encountered were impeccably knowledgeable and kind -- no condescension, no faking it. An absolute pleasure. Standouts for us were the seasonal zucchini flowers as appetizer and pasta. It's hard to choose between the detailed relaxed elegance of the dining room or the beautifully decorated more upbeat osteria room. Both are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014It is beautiful and so comfortable with silk pillows to help your back. My husband loved the duck. The pana cotta was divine. Pastas were perfectly prepared. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2014Very small and expensive. $12 for a tiny arugula salad.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Wine and ServiceBCCantonDined on 6/10/2014Overall a great experience. We had a group of 8 and everyone loved their meals and the Wine List impressed everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale happened to be the onlyMassena11Dined on 6/9/2014restaurant in Harbor East who could get my group of 9 people (4 of which were important customers) in at anywhere near 6PM (made reservation same day); seems like there was a big conference in town. So I worried a bit, like, "why was it so easy to get into Cinghiale, when Roy's and Pazo and Flemings and ... were all booked? is the food lousy?" But these fears were quickly dashed as we were treated to the Cinghiale experience, as evidenced by all the stars I gave it in all categories. I will be back! With Customers, or anybody, for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatgoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014The food was gourmet and the service attentive and knowledgeable. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great birthday celebrationKathrynDined on 6/6/2014I took my husband on Friday night to celebrate his birthday. It was wonderful, the service was fabulous, we had questions about a number of dishes and our waiter was great at describing each one. It dawned on us after we left the restaurant that he never introduced himself and gave us his name! The sommelier was also great with the suggestions for wine pairings with dinner. The food was outstanding, great suggestions all around.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!DarsInLuvDined on 6/3/2014We had a lovely 20th anniversary dinner! The service was great! The food even better! A great way to celebrate our special day!Special Features:
- Another delicious evening.PerksDined on 5/27/2014Chef's choice of seasonal menus keep this dining experience fresh and crisp. The lobster and crab appetizer presented a beautiful bouquet of flavor to the pallet. The chicken breast entree was so flavorful and served with a bed of roasted fresh spring greens. Tne Soave recommendation complimented all the courses. The staff is knowledgeable and able to answer any question. Our favorite restaurant.Special Features: