Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: 4105478282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (79)fit for foodies (78)special occasion (72)romantic (52)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (22)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Urban EclecticSevernaDined on 10/23/2014Not your father's Italian restaurant! Bustling with fast moving wait staff, and boasting an eclectic menu and a great wine list, this is a wonderful upscale, urban dining destination. Pricey, but you'll be treated well and will enjoy a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Just ok.TDizzleDined on 10/18/2014We did the food tasting with wine pairings and the glasses of wine were very small and the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, excellent staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Four of our party of 6 arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately. The wine list is extremely impressive with many significant bargains in terms of value but it also had some expensive and very hard to find choices. The wine was tasted then decanted at the table prior to serving. Each step in the process was done correctly. I ordered mixed plate Antipasti dish for the table which was a nice mix of olives, meats and cheese nicely presented. The arugola salads were properly sized and very well prepared. Three of us tried the special of the evening which was a saddle of rabbit and three others had the lasagna. Both dishes were well prepared and presented on the plate. Our experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Another fantastic experienceBaltgetupDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere is wonderful, service excellent and food creatively delicious.Special Features:
- Fit for CheeseheadsStuffedJoeDined on 10/17/2014We accidentally ran into this place while traveling on business. We immediately were greeted with the charcuterie and cheese bar that brought great aroma and ambiance. We enjoy a little taste of everything, and loved the pumpkin and chestnut cappuccino and arugula salad (with candied lemon) as our appetizers. The rabbit saddle entree was something you dream about, with the temperature perfect, the meat melted as you ate it. The price at the end was much less than we expect from such a well prepared and thought out meal, with the two of us enjoying a total of 8 courses for less than $135 (including tip). In a perfect world - we would spend many more nights in this town being tempted on the different options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cinghiale continues to offer one of the most consistently good meals in the Harbor East area. Service is always very good. Only grip during this visit was that i had to send my gin and tonic back several times since the tonic had no flavor at all (tasted like selzer water). A good bartender should be able to get that resolved after one time and it took three failed attempts to resolve the situation.Special Features:
- Saturday night in heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014We returned to Cinghiale for dinner after several evenings in Baltimore including a very nice meal at the sister establishment across the street. We had dined here a year ago and had wonderful memorieis of the cheese and salumia with a 2001 Amorone Ca de Monte 2001. We returned with our distinguished national leader to share and found the white truffle risotta waiting for us! we ordered a second for the table and had the last of the chef's white truffles with a somalier recommended FINE which we will remember for years. WE will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBaltimoreBrianVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place gets better every time I come here. Highly recommend the speck, prosciutto, duck, beef, gelati and all the pastas. Cinghiale cocktale is a favorite.Special Features:
- CSV 10.4.14csvjDined on 10/4/2014Cinghiale is a "sure thing!" Great atmosphere, exceptional service and a superb menu and presentation of courses. Whenever you want to guarantee a wonderful dining experience, you can think no further. We had a tremendous meal this past Saturday evening. The flavors presented in the courses seemed to just naturally blend but remain distinctive. The mushroom flavors in the Tagliatelle lingered so subtly that you wanted them to never leave your palate. The wait and support staff are so well organized, knowledgeable and attentive while remaining unobtrusive the courses are sequenced expertly truly enhancing the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSRSDined on 10/2/2014The food was great as usual, but the service was awful. I may not return again.Special Features:
- Always outstandingRDLearVIPDined on 9/30/2014Everything great as usual, food, service, wine. Charcuterie sampler, specials all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceTracyDined on 9/27/2014Our server was awesome that night. He took great care of us, kept bringing more of the amazing bread, and made excellent recommendations on the menu. He knew every item in a lot of detail and helped us choose a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at Cinghiale.WolfForemanFanVIPDined on 9/27/2014CONSISTENTLY superior food, drinks, and service. We have never had anything less than a stellar experience here.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!4BamDined on 9/24/2014Came to Baltimore by boat and stayed in the marina nearby. We spotted the restaurant awnings from the water and took the very short walk to a lovely spot and dicipus food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Since we arrived just in time for our reservation, it was a relief to find that they had valet parking. Really enjoyed the meal. We had the 4 course meal. Very interesting menu. I had the fois gras, tortellini, tuna, gnocchi (my wife's), and the espresso dessert. I would recommend every course as delicious. The server was great. The on egging I didn't care for was the table arrangement. We did get a window, which we asked for, but on the window side there was a bench seat shared with the adjacent tables. We were a little too close to our neighbors. But, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Delicious choicesAnnaWDined on 9/16/2014Having dined at this restaurant once before, I suggested it to a friend as a great spot for a leisurely dinner over which to catch up. We shared the grilled calamari appetizer; the calamari were very tender and seasoned perfectly. We each got pasta dishes for our entrees: the sausage filled "ravioli" in brown butter sage sauce and the duck confit filled agnolotti with mushrooms. We each enjoyed our selections (and tasted each other's)--both were winners. The portions were generous, allowing us to take home leftovers to enjoy the next day. We also splurged on desserts: almond soup and fig cake. Both were very nice. My friend was pleased to know about Cinghiale and plans to introduce her family to it soon. I know I will return.Special Features:
- GolfleftieDined on 9/13/2014Tables too close together. Service was rushed and impersonal.Special Features:
- itsworthitDined on 9/12/2014We were thoroughly impressed! The service was excellent throughout our evening. Each course of the meal was an experience and we certainly look forward to our next special occasion to enjoy here.Special Features:
- one of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014we've been there many times and have always had a great time and awesome foodSpecial Features:
- Another Memorable EveningDatfoodDoeDined on 9/7/2014The food was spectacular, per usual. Max was both attentive and knowledgeable about the wine list and food preparations. Would definitely return with another group.Special Features:
- Great evening of food and service920hsmsDined on 9/6/2014All courses were absolutely delicious! We had a wide range of meat, fish, salad and dessert courses throughout our meals and all choices were excellently prepared and presented. The courses were presented with sufficient time in between to enjoy and make a little room before the next course arrived. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale OsteriaTeddyDined on 9/3/2014This was a good experience and the help from the serving staff was a crucial part of the experience. The waitress knew the menu and had a lot of good tips. We did the pris fix menu with the paired wine simply because We are not too well acquainted with either great Italian food or wine. However we knew a lot more at the end of the evening and everything was served attractively and was delicious. We were not able to finish some of the wine because we are not used to drinking very much and the food was more than adequate amounts. The price was reasonable for the menu received, in fact with the wine the cost was more than reasonable. Great place, a good alternative to Charleston for many reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow!!!!!mefairgolfVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was not special and it was very slow. The room and bar are beautiful.Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutDined on 8/27/2014I had the skate and it was delicious !! My dining companion had the leg of lamb. They have well over 400 wines on their list. I would return the next time I am in Baltimore. The only problem, which was not the restaurant's, was that we were seated next to a group of 8 and they were extremely loud and not even drinking!!! Two of the women had high pitched blood curdling voices. Very annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting ItalianTonyDined on 8/25/2014Interesting Italian dishes, mostly northern-inspired. Good quality charcuterie, albeit with a limited selection of meats. Nice selection of cheeses and of Italian bitters. The service was almost too attentive.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner for twoRobHabibiDined on 8/23/2014I took my girlfriend to dinner at Cinghiale Osteria for her birthday. We are both middle aged and doing well in life. We have dined at nice restaurants through the years and we agreed that Cinghiale was an excellent choice. We had a four course dinner with paired wines. The food was delicious, the wines made sense, and service was present when food wasn't on the table. We were very happy by the end of the meal. Special note: When my girlfriend walked away from the table, a member of the staff came by to refold her napkin. She was still talking about that the next day. Attention to detail - noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodDAX24Dined on 8/21/2014Cinghiale is a cozy place to enjoy tasting menu sized portions with a flight of Italian wines. The ambience is pleasant and suitable for a business gathering or romantic dinner for two. Nicole and Jill were superb on the tables! Our reception was smooth and reservations a must on busy nights....Special Features:
- A GemBobbyCDined on 8/20/2014Cannot flaw them in any way really. Great menu, great food, great service. The dishes were innovative without over-doing it, and often they are better than the original version. The Beet salad, Ragu steak and Duck breast were all excellent. The ricotta dounut with basil ice cream was heavenly. (They have a much more sophisticated name for it. They use quite a lot of novel terms and ingredients in the menu - don't be afraid to ask them to explain. They are very friendly.) If I need to be nit-picking, the Squash soup was a bit over seasoned for my liking. But overall, much better value than the overpriced Charleston next door.Special Features:
- Always an interesting mealnineofnineDined on 8/19/2014While still probably one of the more expensive restaurants in Baltimore, it still has the best service, and the best menu that does a good balance between the traditional and the experimental. A problem with the preparation of an entree (so salted that it was inedible), was quickly fixed and the service was exceptional in making sure we felt taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unknownDined on 8/18/2014As always, I had a great experience at Cinghiale. The food and service were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at CinghialeDELISHistheGoalDined on 8/16/2014Dinner at 7:00 on a Saturday night. Had at the 5 course tasting menu. It was absolutely DELISH. The food was amazing. Duck and halibut were cooked perfectly. The beef tartare was AMAZING. The service was top notch and lacked nothing. It was really a great experience and will go back again.Special Features:
- PvtasterEddiepDined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience with excellent service. Some dishes were excelent; others were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you CingialeDGMcGDined on 8/16/2014We had a very special occasion to celebrate (50th wedding anniversary). Cingiale took the ball and ran with it. All was handled with aplomb and elegance. Cingiale is now my number one go to place "special" and "memorable".Special Features:
- Outstanding MealMamaGeeDined on 8/11/2014In Baltimore for a brief getaway with my husband. Looked at lots of restaurants and settled on Cinghiale. Can't say enough good things about the food, the atmosphere, the service, etc. Expensive but soooo worth it! If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, Cinghiale is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missed.LifelonglocalVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant has the making for something great, but doesn't quite achieve it. The staff is less than tactful and not at the level one would expect in a restaurant like this. They messed up my order three times ( pretty hard on a 3 course meal), but failed to handle it well any of the times. One waiter even went so far as to insist I had ordered what he brought before he realized he had made the mistake. To be fair, the other 3 in the party had great food and it was served in a timely basis. They still miss on lots of little things like over filling wine glasses, taking plates without asking and before everyone is done. Still, great decor and a good chef means good potential. Let's hope they reach it.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 8/9/2014Cinghiale is a solid choice for a wonderful night out with very good food and service. My only small issue was that with the high end dining experience I would expect the server to be more attentive when passing by and we shouldn't have to pour most of our bottle of wine ourselves.
- Spacious View Fab FoodbikerbenDined on 8/6/2014With a view of the Harbor, large windows, spacious spread out seating area, this restaurant is a nice relaxing romantic place to take my lady or for a special occasion. The servers are classy and friendly. The food is tasty and extremely well presented.Special Features:
- Nice eveningMoreBigCatDined on 8/5/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The zucchini soup and fish were excellent. I was underwhelmed by the tomato salad - good tasting tomato, but does it take a chef to slice a tomato and sprinkle gorgonzola on it? The veal bolognaise tasted good, but would have been more appropriate for a starter rather than the mains. I was underwhelmed by my meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing meal! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014aikomuleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Cinghiale for Restaurant Week on a Saturday night. My experience w/rest. week has been hit or miss over the years. This was a hit! I ordered from the prix fixe menu and everything was superb. My wife tried the gnocchi and thought it was excellent. The tagliatelle was very good as was the semifredo. Great attentive service. Will go back.Special Features: