Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: 4105478282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)notable wine list (84)fit for foodies (83)romantic (56)scenic view (30)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful find!4BamDined on 9/24/2014Came to Baltimore by boat and stayed in the marina nearby. We spotted the restaurant awnings from the water and took the very short walk to a lovely spot and dicipus food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Since we arrived just in time for our reservation, it was a relief to find that they had valet parking. Really enjoyed the meal. We had the 4 course meal. Very interesting menu. I had the fois gras, tortellini, tuna, gnocchi (my wife's), and the espresso dessert. I would recommend every course as delicious. The server was great. The on egging I didn't care for was the table arrangement. We did get a window, which we asked for, but on the window side there was a bench seat shared with the adjacent tables. We were a little too close to our neighbors. But, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Delicious choicesAnnaWDined on 9/16/2014Having dined at this restaurant once before, I suggested it to a friend as a great spot for a leisurely dinner over which to catch up. We shared the grilled calamari appetizer; the calamari were very tender and seasoned perfectly. We each got pasta dishes for our entrees: the sausage filled "ravioli" in brown butter sage sauce and the duck confit filled agnolotti with mushrooms. We each enjoyed our selections (and tasted each other's)--both were winners. The portions were generous, allowing us to take home leftovers to enjoy the next day. We also splurged on desserts: almond soup and fig cake. Both were very nice. My friend was pleased to know about Cinghiale and plans to introduce her family to it soon. I know I will return.Special Features:
- GolfleftieDined on 9/13/2014Tables too close together. Service was rushed and impersonal.Special Features:
- itsworthitDined on 9/12/2014We were thoroughly impressed! The service was excellent throughout our evening. Each course of the meal was an experience and we certainly look forward to our next special occasion to enjoy here.Special Features:
- one of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014we've been there many times and have always had a great time and awesome foodSpecial Features:
- Another Memorable EveningDatfoodDoeDined on 9/7/2014The food was spectacular, per usual. Max was both attentive and knowledgeable about the wine list and food preparations. Would definitely return with another group.Special Features:
- Great evening of food and service920hsmsDined on 9/6/2014All courses were absolutely delicious! We had a wide range of meat, fish, salad and dessert courses throughout our meals and all choices were excellently prepared and presented. The courses were presented with sufficient time in between to enjoy and make a little room before the next course arrived. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale OsteriaTeddyDined on 9/3/2014This was a good experience and the help from the serving staff was a crucial part of the experience. The waitress knew the menu and had a lot of good tips. We did the pris fix menu with the paired wine simply because We are not too well acquainted with either great Italian food or wine. However we knew a lot more at the end of the evening and everything was served attractively and was delicious. We were not able to finish some of the wine because we are not used to drinking very much and the food was more than adequate amounts. The price was reasonable for the menu received, in fact with the wine the cost was more than reasonable. Great place, a good alternative to Charleston for many reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow!!!!!mefairgolfVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was not special and it was very slow. The room and bar are beautiful.Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutDined on 8/27/2014I had the skate and it was delicious !! My dining companion had the leg of lamb. They have well over 400 wines on their list. I would return the next time I am in Baltimore. The only problem, which was not the restaurant's, was that we were seated next to a group of 8 and they were extremely loud and not even drinking!!! Two of the women had high pitched blood curdling voices. Very annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting ItalianTonyDined on 8/25/2014Interesting Italian dishes, mostly northern-inspired. Good quality charcuterie, albeit with a limited selection of meats. Nice selection of cheeses and of Italian bitters. The service was almost too attentive.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner for twoRobHabibiDined on 8/23/2014I took my girlfriend to dinner at Cinghiale Osteria for her birthday. We are both middle aged and doing well in life. We have dined at nice restaurants through the years and we agreed that Cinghiale was an excellent choice. We had a four course dinner with paired wines. The food was delicious, the wines made sense, and service was present when food wasn't on the table. We were very happy by the end of the meal. Special note: When my girlfriend walked away from the table, a member of the staff came by to refold her napkin. She was still talking about that the next day. Attention to detail - noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodDAX24Dined on 8/21/2014Cinghiale is a cozy place to enjoy tasting menu sized portions with a flight of Italian wines. The ambience is pleasant and suitable for a business gathering or romantic dinner for two. Nicole and Jill were superb on the tables! Our reception was smooth and reservations a must on busy nights....Special Features:
- A GemBobbyCDined on 8/20/2014Cannot flaw them in any way really. Great menu, great food, great service. The dishes were innovative without over-doing it, and often they are better than the original version. The Beet salad, Ragu steak and Duck breast were all excellent. The ricotta dounut with basil ice cream was heavenly. (They have a much more sophisticated name for it. They use quite a lot of novel terms and ingredients in the menu - don't be afraid to ask them to explain. They are very friendly.) If I need to be nit-picking, the Squash soup was a bit over seasoned for my liking. But overall, much better value than the overpriced Charleston next door.Special Features:
- Always an interesting mealnineofnineDined on 8/19/2014While still probably one of the more expensive restaurants in Baltimore, it still has the best service, and the best menu that does a good balance between the traditional and the experimental. A problem with the preparation of an entree (so salted that it was inedible), was quickly fixed and the service was exceptional in making sure we felt taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unknownDined on 8/18/2014As always, I had a great experience at Cinghiale. The food and service were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at CinghialeDELISHistheGoalDined on 8/16/2014Dinner at 7:00 on a Saturday night. Had at the 5 course tasting menu. It was absolutely DELISH. The food was amazing. Duck and halibut were cooked perfectly. The beef tartare was AMAZING. The service was top notch and lacked nothing. It was really a great experience and will go back again.Special Features:
- PvtasterEddiepDined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience with excellent service. Some dishes were excelent; others were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you CingialeDGMcGDined on 8/16/2014We had a very special occasion to celebrate (50th wedding anniversary). Cingiale took the ball and ran with it. All was handled with aplomb and elegance. Cingiale is now my number one go to place "special" and "memorable".Special Features:
- Outstanding MealMamaGeeDined on 8/11/2014In Baltimore for a brief getaway with my husband. Looked at lots of restaurants and settled on Cinghiale. Can't say enough good things about the food, the atmosphere, the service, etc. Expensive but soooo worth it! If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, Cinghiale is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missed.LifelonglocalVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant has the making for something great, but doesn't quite achieve it. The staff is less than tactful and not at the level one would expect in a restaurant like this. They messed up my order three times ( pretty hard on a 3 course meal), but failed to handle it well any of the times. One waiter even went so far as to insist I had ordered what he brought before he realized he had made the mistake. To be fair, the other 3 in the party had great food and it was served in a timely basis. They still miss on lots of little things like over filling wine glasses, taking plates without asking and before everyone is done. Still, great decor and a good chef means good potential. Let's hope they reach it.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 8/9/2014Cinghiale is a solid choice for a wonderful night out with very good food and service. My only small issue was that with the high end dining experience I would expect the server to be more attentive when passing by and we shouldn't have to pour most of our bottle of wine ourselves.
- Spacious View Fab FoodbikerbenDined on 8/6/2014With a view of the Harbor, large windows, spacious spread out seating area, this restaurant is a nice relaxing romantic place to take my lady or for a special occasion. The servers are classy and friendly. The food is tasty and extremely well presented.Special Features:
- Nice eveningMoreBigCatDined on 8/5/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The zucchini soup and fish were excellent. I was underwhelmed by the tomato salad - good tasting tomato, but does it take a chef to slice a tomato and sprinkle gorgonzola on it? The veal bolognaise tasted good, but would have been more appropriate for a starter rather than the mains. I was underwhelmed by my meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing meal! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014aikomuleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Cinghiale for Restaurant Week on a Saturday night. My experience w/rest. week has been hit or miss over the years. This was a hit! I ordered from the prix fixe menu and everything was superb. My wife tried the gnocchi and thought it was excellent. The tagliatelle was very good as was the semifredo. Great attentive service. Will go back.Special Features:
- UnmatchedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic, especially for Food Week in Baltimore. Make sure you do the wine pairings during food week: the meals are complete without it, but the Chef pairs so well that your time there is taken to another level. The waiters come around just often enough to were is does not seem like a bother, and make sure you get dessert - the best part of a meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsicarmagicVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is just one of those classic eateries that is consistently good, the service is reliable and the ambiance is of true Italian flavor. My wife and I left a Baltimore hot spot called 'fork and knife' after 10 minutes because the menu was just limited and, to be honest, awful. After a few minutes we decided on Cinghiale and the rest of the night was pure happiness. You will not be disappointed, go and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner for BrotherkheilighDined on 8/2/2014I made this reservation for my brother & sister in law for their wedding anniversary dinner - it also happened to coincide with restaurant week. The staff was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable from helping us with food decisions to navigating the very expansive wine list. The food, the view and the service were all top notch.Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseTonyVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had another wonderful meal at Cinghiale the past Saturday evening. As always everything was excellent. So many wonderful dishes on the changing menu. Its very hard to select. The menu reflects the many talents of Chef Martucci and his staff, and the seasonal products from local producers. The pastas are all homemade and very special. The service is first rate from the friendly managers and greeters to the servers. Our regular server Max L. is always special. Not a better Italian restaurant anyplace. As is all of Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf's restaurants, its top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentkimberfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have frequented this place many times and each time, we walked away with a smile on our face. Cinghale continues to serve great food and wine and we've never had bad service either. I recommend this place all the time to people i know would appreciate great ambiance and food. We've also been to the Charleston and my husband and I agree - its definitely comparable in food, but just a tad (and by tad i meant a lot) cheaper. Check it out!Special Features:
- fancy italianliv2eatDined on 8/1/2014everything we ordered was fantastic except the lamb bolognase was tasteless and dry. the wine pairing was perfect. excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent at all phases - bar, food and service. No pressure to sell me a full bottle of wine when all we wanted were two glassesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTimeoutDined on 7/27/2014Excellent choices of wine. Food was cooked perfectly. Service was very attentive. We chose the four course meal with wine pairings. The Blue Fin Tuna with watermelon was paired excellently with a rose wine. The wine pairings for the halibut and the risotto might have been better if the wine they served was fresher. Those two glasses tasted a little over oxidized (a Barbara and a chianti). Kind of expected it since there are 40 wines available by the glass. Overall, it was still a great night out.Special Features:
- Reservations don't help w TableDaisy4648Dined on 7/27/2014We ate thereSaturday night. Made reservations for 4 at 6:30pm two days in advance and they sat us at a booth in the bar!!! I know we should have said I won't sit here, but we didn't. Overrated as # 11 restaurant in Baltimore. Service very slow Food good Had to ask twice to get water refilled. Had a bottle of wine and wanted another, but no one came to ask, let alone pour for us. We are locals and won't return.
- Harbor East gemBlackhawkDined on 7/24/2014Just had dinner with my wife and good friends. Service was outstanding, and one of our part is a former chef. He opined that it was the best meal he had in a long time. The wine list is full of wonderful Italian wines. There are two prix fixe menus ($29 and $62) with lots to choose from. I try to visit this gem every time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Very good dining experience --- Friendly, helpful and experienced staff--- Cinghiale's menu is more sophisticated, more off the beaten path( ie less traditional) and more expensive than most of the other very good restaurants nearby. Before you book, take a look at the menu on-line so you know what to expect going in. If what you see appeals , you should not be disappointed.Special Features:
- BenSVIPDined on 7/12/2014As it has been since it opened - just a wonderful spot for great Italien food. And, the service is perfect and does not interupt your dining enjoyment.Special Features:
- Pretentious!HoppyDined on 7/12/2014If Cinghiale was 1/2 as good as they think they are, they'd be mediocre. You might like Cinghiale if: 1) You like to be charged exhorbitant prices for minuscle, mediocre servings 2) Want your expensive "cuisine" served coldSpecial Features: