Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: (410) 547-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (81)special occasion (81)romantic (59)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (24)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014It is beautiful and so comfortable with silk pillows to help your back. My husband loved the duck. The pana cotta was divine. Pastas were perfectly prepared. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2014Very small and expensive. $12 for a tiny arugula salad.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Wine and ServiceBCCantonDined on 6/10/2014Overall a great experience. We had a group of 8 and everyone loved their meals and the Wine List impressed everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale happened to be the onlyMassena11Dined on 6/9/2014restaurant in Harbor East who could get my group of 9 people (4 of which were important customers) in at anywhere near 6PM (made reservation same day); seems like there was a big conference in town. So I worried a bit, like, "why was it so easy to get into Cinghiale, when Roy's and Pazo and Flemings and ... were all booked? is the food lousy?" But these fears were quickly dashed as we were treated to the Cinghiale experience, as evidenced by all the stars I gave it in all categories. I will be back! With Customers, or anybody, for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatgoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014The food was gourmet and the service attentive and knowledgeable. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great birthday celebrationKathrynDined on 6/6/2014I took my husband on Friday night to celebrate his birthday. It was wonderful, the service was fabulous, we had questions about a number of dishes and our waiter was great at describing each one. It dawned on us after we left the restaurant that he never introduced himself and gave us his name! The sommelier was also great with the suggestions for wine pairings with dinner. The food was outstanding, great suggestions all around.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!DarsInLuvDined on 6/3/2014We had a lovely 20th anniversary dinner! The service was great! The food even better! A great way to celebrate our special day!Special Features:
- Another delicious evening.PerksDined on 5/27/2014Chef's choice of seasonal menus keep this dining experience fresh and crisp. The lobster and crab appetizer presented a beautiful bouquet of flavor to the pallet. The chicken breast entree was so flavorful and served with a bed of roasted fresh spring greens. Tne Soave recommendation complimented all the courses. The staff is knowledgeable and able to answer any question. Our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/21/2014Overall, there was nothing particularly special about Cinghiale. The best part was dessert. It was my daughter's pick to celebrate her graduation. We did the 4 course Prezzo Fisso. Serving sizes were moderate and satisfying. Wine was good. I have been to better places in Baltimore that were better food, etc. for the price.Special Features:
- Confusing Set-upOpenTableManVIPDined on 5/20/2014Cinghale has two location right next to each other - a casual dining / bar, and a formal dining room. We just flew into the area and wanted a meal. I reserved the wrong place - we were not properly dressed to dine in the dining room. They were polite about it. And, we got there as the kitchen was about to close. They got our orders in (even dessert). Food is excellent here, as is in all of the restaurants of this group (Pazo, Charleston, Petite Louis Bistro). It's nice to have a 'newer' Italian restaurant - in comparison to the 'old-school' Italian restaurants in Little Italy (nearby). I much prefer Cinghale over any restaurant in Little Italy. There's less 'attitude'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate with Taste2tasteDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I had a relatively quiet table in a corner on a Friday evening where we could observe the amazingly coordinated activities of the multiple serving persons in this lively and large bistro scene. The wine list featured great selections from most regions in Italy. This of course complemented the food, all of which was imaginative and excellent. The set menu Appetizers made choices difficult between the various kinds of charcuterie and the Primi large ravioli with spinach and a poached egg inside and wild mushroom sauce was incredible. Duck served on grilled fennel was ingenious and the almond frozen cream equally detectable. Sadly the bar was out of Courvosier, but a substitute was found by the accommodating bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchobviousDined on 5/11/2014Cinghiale is a very good Italian restaurant - interesting dishes, good selection of wines, lovely décor. We only wish that it would always be open for lunch on the weekend, or at least Sunday, as we live near to Dulles airport and the drive is too far for an evening out. Would Cinghiale consider opening a sister restaurant at the Reston Town Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I went here for our date night. We found the entire experience to be very enjoyable. From the valets to the wait staff, everyone was attentive and helpful. The hostess took time to explain the dishes and house favorites and the the waiter was very attentive and kept us abreast of when our food would be arriving at our table. The food was delicious! Definitely try the Speck, Tortellini and the Lamb! I look forward to going back. We had a delightful time!Special Features:
- Nice but budget extra timeYumyumDined on 5/1/2014We had to call our babysitter to see if she could stay later because service was so slow. Good food, small portions, very priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningyummmmDined on 4/27/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration at Cinghiale - Osteria, our server was gracious and handled all requests gracefully and tactfully; I know we can be an interesting group to take care of. The food was excellent, the wine recommendation and presentation was lovely, and the ambiance was lovely. MY favorite parts of the meal have to be the cheeses before dinner and the dessert! Delicious. My fiance had a wonderful time, and thoroughly enjoyed his birthday dinner. As this was our second trip to Cinghiale, we will surely repeat our visits. Best- KSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Very good Italian food. And their wine selection is excellent. There are empty wine bottles with guest comments written in silver marker.Special Features:
- try the enoteca insteadphilokvetchDined on 4/27/2014a little pricey and uneven--pasta is good, but nothing like the better Italian restaurants in the Greater New York area. Sister restaurant Petit Louis is far more reliable--for service and food. Here, one dish is good and the next so so. That has been my experience dining here 3 times. But the Enoteca is a great place to get excellent wine and cheese and Italian meats--great for a happy hour or drinks and a snack.Special Features:
- InconsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I have eaten here a number of times. The experiences, unfortunately, have been inconsistent. Some dishes are excellent, others so so. This last time, the food was barely warm and the wine was delivered after I had finished my appetizer. The wine is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodlesnomadesVIPDined on 4/24/2014A fantastic wine list, and the entire restaurant is covered in wine bottles with notes penned on the bottles, lends a little informality to what was an outstanding dining experience. Some traditional Italian favorites, but lots of cutting edge Italian cooking with bleeding edge ingredients that make it a wonderful experience for those with adventuresome palates.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Need OptionsDullesFlyerDined on 4/23/2014We have heard of this restaurant as one of Baltimore's finest and were expecting to pay a lot, but have a menu and food to match. The service was stellar and the ambience was rather formal, a great setting for a business meeting. The wine selections from Italy were excellent with many options. The dinner menu did not have as many options in the fish and seafood categories. The $18 salad was shockingly small with only a few lima beans on the plate and no lettuce, yet it was delicious leaving you wanting much more. But, it was priced a bit unfairly. The soft shell crabs and were fresh, high quality, but rather bland in taste. The soft shell was fried in peanut oil which came across a bit like fast food with limited flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinnerLouisaVIPDined on 4/20/2014A lovely way to spend a quiet holiday evening with loved ones. Service was professional and non-intrusive. Wine list is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected bettereatoutNJDined on 4/20/2014Loved the vibe, casual yet sophisticated. Expected deeper menu options, but there were very few fish or non meat choices. Salad course was a winner, but bruschetta appetizer was overly salty. Chicken over polenta nicely done (moist with a crisp skin) though again over-salted. Lasagna was dry, lacked flavor and would have benefited from a bit more of the sauce which was really good. Wine choices are extensive, our pinot noir excellent. Desserts were mixed: chocolate cake was pedestrian, the panna cotta was amazing. Service was pleasant, but perhaps because we tend to "under order" a bit patronizing. From other posts, we definitely expected better. Since there are other choices, will skip this one on our next visit to Baltimore.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner at Cinghiale!Love2DineVIPDined on 4/19/2014We had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. Started with the Potato Asparagus Soup - flavorful and well paired - I could have had another bowl. Secondi was a spaghetti with asparagus and morel mushrooms which was a perfect size portion and beautifully presented. The pasta was a perfect al dente and the vegetables were wonderful. For a main course, the soft shelled crabs had just come in season and were served with asparagus. Cinghiale always delights me with items that are in season, but prepared in a very special way. My husband started with the Prosciutto which was a very generous serving. His main course was the veal which was amazing! The wine pairings were very well done and made each dish that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJrasseDined on 4/18/2014Great food, interesting place. Wine list was wonderful. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top DrawerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014My sister and husband were visiting us from Toronto and, when we heard that soft shell crabs were freshly on the menu, we insisted on taking them to Cinghiale. This is a world-class gem right here in Baltimore . . . managed superbly . . . staff personable and well trained . . . there was nothing on the menu that I didn't want to order. Every offering was exceedingly creative, crafted with the utmost care and presented beautifully. Tony's wine list is extraordinary and reflective of his fine taste and global view of wine making, ideal pairing with food and intense knowledge of the culture of wine and the inspiration behind its consumption. Leche-Leche . . . we had two!! It was out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CinghialeWolfForemanFanVIPDined on 4/13/2014Consistently superb food, drinks, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDonnaDined on 4/12/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to have a getaway weekend in Baltimore. We had been wanting to try Cinghiale for over a year. We have been to Italy twice and were looking to recapture some of the outstanding food we had while there. Cinghiale met ALL of our expectations and more. The atmosphere, the staff, and most importantly the food was outstanding! Staff was Very knowledgeable of the menu and wines. it was pricey but we felt it was well worth every penny. can not wait to go there again. I have already informed my husband that I expect to have my birthday dinner there!Special Features:
- Our dilning experience benefittedRobertDined on 4/12/2014Our dilning experience benefitted from excellent advice from our waiter and the sommelier. Fresh, interesting, and flavorful food. Not cheap, but worth the money.Special Features:
- We ate on a Friday night whichPapaJVIPDined on 4/11/2014We ate on a Friday night which surprisingly wasn't very busy with friends we had not seen in 20 years. We were not rushed, had plenty of time to talk and enjoy each others company, and had a delightful, well-priced meal. It was a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - Let the chef decide.AnitaDined on 4/11/2014I and a friend have been going through Baltimore Magazine’s Top 10 Restaurants, and Cinghiale was in the running for the best meal either of us have ever eaten. We ordered the chef's prisse-fisse menu but left the selection of the individual dishes themselves to the chef. We split the dishes and each ate half of both with each course. We both loved each dish, each combination, and the overall effect and artistry of the meal. We met the chef; his name is Julian Marucci, and he's a genius. I'd recommend what we did: so long as Julian Marucci is the chef, put your evening in his hands. It was truly excellent from start to finish, and lest I neglect the restaurant staff, the service was perfect and absolutely informative when each course came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wanted!AudsVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was imaginative and delicious. We enjoyed everything about our evening there and we highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten PleasureEvilIncarnateVIPDined on 4/5/2014This was my 1st occasion to dine in the "supposed formal" part of Cinghiale. Food was creative and palatable, server was A+, only downside was a denied Father & Son sitting next to us! Would definitely repeat at our earliest convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale good - but not bestMDFHDined on 4/4/2014The food was outstanding, but the service and noise levels were not great. We ate in the more formal area, but still very noisy and hard to hear each other. We arrived at 8PM on a Friday night and were very hungry after a long work day, but didn't get a morsel of food until 8:45. The waiter was initially attentive with drinks orders, and the somalier was helpful so we got our bottle of wine fairly quickly, but it took a while to get our food order placed and only got bread when we asked. We absolutlely love all foreman/wolf restaurants and this one has the food you would expect, but the atmosphere and service are to us, not as good as the rest. that being said, still a very good place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionbest2dineDined on 4/3/2014Best place to dine. Food selection and wine pairing was exeptional. Recomend to anyone looking to take their beutiful spouse out for a romantic evening. Don't worri about parking, they will take care of that for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but OverdonememettimVIPDined on 3/28/2014Maybe I am just fatigued with too many over done details but the endless fussing of waiters, the extreme accent of the maitre d and the cold rubbery octopus displayed with the artful smears of painted on color on the plate just made me want to shout stop fussing and cook. The pasta appetizers were good, the meager portion of calamari was delicious but hardly shareable. The pasta/polenta mains were good but the main entrees were bland and not worth the display effort or the price.
- Great experience!NickDined on 3/28/2014We celebrated my Dad's birthday here over the weekend, and had a great time! The appetizers, entrees (a few entrees had very small portion size), wine list, and select desserts were all fantastic. I would not recommend the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the favorites in Baltimore.TerryVIPDined on 3/26/2014Top of the favorites in Baltimore. The food is consistently great and the menu varies to keep it interesting every time. Only catch is entre portions could be just a bit more generous. That is because they are so so good. Would recommend it without hesitation to just about anyone.Special Features:
- excellent experience. serverlaurVIPDined on 3/25/2014excellent experience. server quite helpful in making suggestions personalized to you. every dish was a delightful surprise. My experience has been that it keeps getting better. you would never know from the menu description what you are going to get when you order but was not disappointedSpecial Features:
- FoodPlatoVIPDined on 3/22/2014Perfect place for a date. We did the fixed price menu. We got a bottle of wine instead of doing the wine flight - but that was only because we had to drive back home later on. The food was amazing, the foie antipasti that evening was quite noteworthy and on my list of foods to have again. There is no reason to not go back.Special Features: