Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
822 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: (410) 547-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:30pm-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Half-priced Wine Night: 50% off full bottle purchases every Tuesday in the Enoteca. The nationally recognized Italian wine list was recognized by Food & Wine magazine as one of the best lists in the country. Classic Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
The Enoteca at Cinghiale celebrates the modern Italian table. It is designed to be a playful section of the restaurant, as well as a gathering place; the center of downtown where everyone goes to meet over business and social occasions. The space has a lively urban bustle that features rich woods, wrought iron chandeliers and a handcrafted marble tile floor. The centerpiece is a 40-ft mustard-yellow marble bar flanked by two bronze wild boar sculptures that appear to be lunging into the space from the wild. Adjacent to the main bar is a Salumeria that features traditional meats, cheeses and antipasti; each prepared in open view. The Enoteca staff is highly trained on Italian wines and looks forward to serving you from the over 400 label selection. There are approximately 40 wines by the glass. Food & Wine magazine recognized Cinghiale for having one of the best new wine lists in the country for 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar) - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar) reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (68)special occasion (50)romantic (47)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (26)scenic view (22)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great winesEatMeatVIPDined on 11/18/2014I always seek out Chingale when I am in Baltimore. Great wines and great food and the bonus was half priced bottles on Tuesday. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great mealMgk5uDined on 11/15/2014Always fantastic to eat here. The food is excellent, terrific attention to detail in both food quality and service, and the wine is top notch. One of my favorite standbys in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale well worth the namesuigenerisDined on 11/6/2014Service was exceptional and so was the food. Had the wild boar (cinghiale) and it was singularly delicious. The meringue dessert and the desert wine list made us consider changing reservations for another night of our trip. Will definitely go again when in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Special occasionEvolvingDinerDined on 11/6/2014We had an early evening reservation for 5:30. The wait staff is outstanding. Totally knowledgeable but not the least bit pretentious. Excellent wine recommendation. The food was superb and well timed as far as when plates appeared. Well worht th ecost and I'll return the next time we have a celebration in the family.Special Features:
- DisapointedJoanieVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. The service was excellent,but the food was just ok. The grilled calamari was good but very small for $12.00. the pasta course was shrimp and that was small too. It had no taste. The main course was sturgeon and it was so salty we had to send it back. They took it off the check and brought a chocolate desert which was fair.Special Features:
- not quite as awesome as before.JillVIPDined on 10/29/2014the food, service and responsiveness of staff not as attentive and responsive as earlier. The food also not as good. What happened? Maybe an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian fareDonnaDined on 10/25/2014Three of us went to Cinghiale on a Saturday night. Glad we had a reservation, and they were able to accomodate changing the party from 2 to three. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the wine list and helped us each pick something we liked. We had the Cucina Nonna (Grandma's kitchen) fixed prix menu. The beet/pear bruchetta was good. The spaghetti Bolognais was excellent. All our pasta dishes were made from fresh pasta made on the premises. The best pasta we've had outside Italy. Desserts were interesting and delicious. Two had the tiramisu (not like any other I've had) and I had something I don't remember the name of but involved malt - delicious! Would highly recommend Cinghiale to anyone visiting the Baltimore Inner Harbor.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food was wonderful. Service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing girls night out!DeacandDineDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter was amazing. She took her time explaining the menu and all of the options we had. Everyone who worked there was pleasant and very welcoming. The food was perfectly portioned and extremely tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & drinks, great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014We went here on a Friday night after work recently and had a fantastic time. The energy of the place is great! Food and wines were fantastic. The service was a little slow at the bar, but it was not a big deal at all. I've recommended the restaurant to friends since we've been there, and I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent establishimentdocbartDined on 10/13/2014Great food, at first glance the portions appeared smaller but they were very rich and it was just the right amount of food. Great decor and right on the main waterwaySpecial Features:
- Very nice venue!PattDined on 10/12/2014Wanted small something after BSO. Love Chatleston so tried here. Wine bar area very nice! Staff very friendly and helpful. Great squash soup. Calamarie more gently pan warmed than fried but very good. Did not enjoy my 1/2 order of spaghetti (homemade, ? Whole wheat or something, kind of dry texture) with tiny, tasty Manilla clams. Partner had the venison lasagna which was OK. Neither of us would order these dishes again. Valet parking a plus! Will return and give another try as venue enjoyable and smaller portions just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodsailorDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service. I was not trilled with fig desert - left me questioning where figs are hiding in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything was absolutely delicious. We were entertaining friends from out of town and the six of us had a most enjoyable meal, at a great pace and with attentive service. The cured meats and cheese board were outstanding in every way and each of our entrees were perfect. The pastas are exceptional, and between all of us, we sampled a great variety. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great!AlexVIPDined on 10/5/2014It was a quiet Sunday night and it was perfect for us! Cody was a fabulous waiter who engaged my two children. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals!Special Features:
- Best ItalianPickyeaterDined on 10/1/2014I was going to say "in Baltimore" but this rivals Mozza in LA with less noise and attitude. Fantastic on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Too Much WorkBoativatedDined on 9/26/2014I had read the menu in advance and saw one or two items which which I was familiar. I figured there would be a few specials to expand my options. But ultimately the menu was too exotic and the only mainstream choices were pasta. Plus it was confusing that everything was ala carte. We tried ordering a side of pasta with our entrees, "secondis", but the pasta came out first. Entree/secondi portions were very small. Wine pours even smaller. Servers seemed stressed and more focused on larger parties.Special Features:
- Nice evening!MistyRiverLadyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always a stop when in Baltimore. Good food and lovely, interesting setting.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONHarryDined on 9/21/2014We received a gift certificate from our son and his family to dine at Cinghiale and celebrate his mother's birthday. What an absolute delight was our entire experience at this restaurant. The server was knowledgeable and very helpful in explaining and recommending the various Italian items on the menu. My spouse had the veal dish and it was outstanding! We will certainly recommend Cinghiale to others to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baltimore's Wine and Food GemJuneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here several times and it seems to get better and better every year. Visited with 2 friends this time and David, the Somm, made the wine choice special. We got to drink some things we would never even consider and they all proved an experience. Additionally, the pasta was something special. Now, if we could only move this restaurant to Boston which does not Juhave any place with such a great wine list, service, etc at an affordable price!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great energy matched by the food and attentive service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I hope you like saltbingbongDined on 9/19/2014The pasta we ordered was so salty i had to switch dinners with my date because she couldn't eat what she ordered. i heard great things about Cinghiale so we were pretty disappointed.
- Not the best of visitsGingerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Off night! Even with our reservation and the request to be seated at the bar, our dining experience did not compare with previous visits. The service was slow and not attentive, our courses were poorly executed, and the menu offered for dessert was not the same as was offered for dinner, odd.
- Cinghaiale BaltimorebhrousemdDined on 9/16/2014A nice summer evening, an outside table, and half price wine - the perfect recipe for an afterwork dinner with a friend. Being one of the first ones there, I was dismayed when we were seated at an uneven table as there were so many other level ones. An effort was made to level it up so glasses, etc. didn't slide off (yes, it was that uneven...), but it was a real distraction when you are trying to have a nice meal and carry on a conversation. The food was fine, although we both thought the risotto a little salty. One thing for sure is that the wine offerings at Cinghaiale is exceptional especially at half-price. Finally, while our server was good, I felt like everytime I started a sentence he showed up at the table, but we will return.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianChrisDined on 9/12/2014Great variety including a $29 price fix menu with appetizer, entree, and choice of dessert or a broad selection ala carte. Antipasta, especially the salami and speck, shouldn't be missed. Salads, soups, and entrees are adjusted for the season. Mushroom risotto, traditional lasagna bolognese, and grilled Mediterranean sea bass over roasted vegetables were all tasty. Round it out with a nice selection of wines by the glass and some tasty desserts and who wouldn't enjoy dinner.Special Features:
- Too Much SaltrockhalljimDined on 9/11/2014One of our must go to restaurants in Baltimore, brought a group and it was everything we expected except for the fish dishes and the risotto which had too much salt. Took the food rating down from outstanding to good.Special Features:
- A wonderful gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Cinghale never fails to impress. Great service, great food and a wonderful wine list.Special Features:
- It's about the experience!micsinDined on 8/20/2014Dinner was delicious, the experience was even better! We dined at Cinghiale for our 5th anniversary, and it could not have been a more perfect evening -- the wait-staff were knowledgable and patient as they walked us through the menu; all of the food was amazing -- the Spaghetti Carbonara and Lemon Ricotta Bomboloni were particularly outstanding. But what stood out was the level of attention we were given -- from the valet to the hostess, to the wait-staff and management -- everyone knew it was our anniversary and they worked in harmony to make it a very special and memorable evening for us.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in Charm CityColinVIPDined on 8/19/2014Italian food in Baltimore is pretty much a disaster, so touting Cinghiale as the best charm city has to offer isn't actually saying that much.....however, the true Italian food at Cinghiale does not disappoint. Charcuterie was spot on--the speck was a little smokey for my wife but perfect for me. The zucchini app was bland; pasta carbonara a little bland as well. Creamy Parmesan with delicious beets was really acidic but tasty; not sure if that was intended. Pork belly was insanely tasty. Duck was to die for. Halibut was delicate and fluffy. Dessert doughnuts were dry and uninspired. Cannot stress enough that half off the wine list on Tuesdays is a can't miss. '97 Pira for $100? Yes please. Thank you to Carlton for a fun dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteJenMDDined on 8/19/2014Consider Cinghiale your no-repeat go-to. Going for a summer supper twice in the span of just a few weeks, the menu had evolved, options and sides had changed within the season. But this was exciting! And fun! And so not disappointing as everything was so harmonic. Have the salad with the bleu cheese, mint, and watermelon if it suits you- surprising and wonderful!Special Features:
- Cinghiale- Enoteca Baltimore's BestWRNDDined on 8/14/2014As a recent but now frequent visitor to Baltimore, this was our first visit to Cinghiale after having read much about it. After working our way through many restaurants on various lists of best restaurants, according to a variety of ratings, including Baltimore Magazine, our meal at Cinghiale was the very best, and can't wait to return: it will be the first place we go. Everything we ordered was absolutely fabulous. The entrees stood up to the appetizers, which seems to be difficult for many restaurants. The menu changes frequently so it probably doesn't make sense to recommend dishes. The pasta is homemade, and the cheese and meat plates fantastic. This should be at the top of the list of restaurants to visit in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodyDined on 8/10/2014From the moment we walked in the door everybody was wonderful. Food was delicious, everything was homemade. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJesseVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of my favorites. Always consistent. Love to sit at the barSpecial Features:
- JerseyGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps the best restaurant we've been to since we moved to Baltimore 2.5 years ago! Restaurant week menu and wine parings awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a repeaterPookaDined on 8/8/2014Our meals were good but not great, tables are placed close together, VERY noisy. Not good enough overall for us to return.Special Features:
- Hip Italian in Harbor EastRandomNicknameDined on 8/7/2014I find Harbor East a fun neighborhood to be in anyway, so I was excited to try this spot for Restaurant Week. The food was as good as expected/advertised. I especially took to the olive oil on the appetizers we ordered, for some reason. The wine list is long, though I would be interested in a few more specialty cocktails to tell the truth. Service was attentive and frequent, and the staff worked well as a team. They have a prix fixe that's reasonable on a daily basis, which is a selling point for future visits for me.Special Features:
- Good, not spectacularBmoreDinerDined on 8/7/2014I chose the restaurant week menu. Heirloom tomato salad was lovely; dessert (sweet corn panna cotta) was outstanding. The tagliatelle with veal Bolognese was good, but not remarkable. A pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience overallCTMillerDined on 8/6/2014Had a wonderful date night here. Started the meal with a plate of prosciutto and melon, followed by a 3 cheese platter. The waitress recommended 3 different cheeses that were all unique in their own way, but blended in a surprisingly harmonious manner, especially when paired with the suggested glass of wine that I ordered. I ordered the veal lasagne for myself and my date ordered the lamb tagliatelli - both were gnereously portioned and served in a very aesthetically pleasing manner. Several glasses of wine later, we were too full to move onto another course, and called it an evening. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgeable, which is something to appreciate these days. Atmosphere was very romantic - as well as clan and pleasant.Special Features:
- This is our favoriteBOSandBmoreVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food and wine are always exceptional as is the service. Everyone is also pleasant and attentive. They do it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFifiDined on 8/3/2014We went there because it was restaurant week. We were not disappointed. Zucchini soup was outstanding. Main course of fish with crispy skin was perfectly prepared. Chocolate cake for dessert was perfect. Our waiter was so knowledgeable and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features: