Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
822 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: 4105478282x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:30pm-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Half-priced Wine Night: 50% off full bottle purchases every Tuesday in the Enoteca. The nationally recognized Italian wine list was recognized by Food & Wine magazine as one of the best lists in the country. Classic Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar)
The Enoteca at Cinghiale celebrates the modern Italian table. It is designed to be a playful section of the restaurant, as well as a gathering place; the center of downtown where everyone goes to meet over business and social occasions. The space has a lively urban bustle that features rich woods, wrought iron chandeliers and a handcrafted marble tile floor. The centerpiece is a 40-ft mustard-yellow marble bar flanked by two bronze wild boar sculptures that appear to be lunging into the space from the wild. Adjacent to the main bar is a Salumeria that features traditional meats, cheeses and antipasti; each prepared in open view. The Enoteca staff is highly trained on Italian wines and looks forward to serving you from the over 400 label selection. There are approximately 40 wines by the glass. Food & Wine magazine recognized Cinghiale for having one of the best new wine lists in the country for 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar) - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar) reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (51)special occasion (47)romantic (37)scenic view (21)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Baltimore's Wine and Food GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here several times and it seems to get better and better every year. Visited with 2 friends this time and David, the Somm, made the wine choice special. We got to drink some things we would never even consider and they all proved an experience. Additionally, the pasta was something special. Now, if we could only move this restaurant to Boston which does not Juhave any place with such a great wine list, service, etc at an affordable price!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great energy matched by the food and attentive service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I hope you like saltbingbongDined on 9/19/2014The pasta we ordered was so salty i had to switch dinners with my date because she couldn't eat what she ordered. i heard great things about Cinghiale so we were pretty disappointed.
- Cinghaiale BaltimorebhrousemdDined on 9/16/2014A nice summer evening, an outside table, and half price wine - the perfect recipe for an afterwork dinner with a friend. Being one of the first ones there, I was dismayed when we were seated at an uneven table as there were so many other level ones. An effort was made to level it up so glasses, etc. didn't slide off (yes, it was that uneven...), but it was a real distraction when you are trying to have a nice meal and carry on a conversation. The food was fine, although we both thought the risotto a little salty. One thing for sure is that the wine offerings at Cinghaiale is exceptional especially at half-price. Finally, while our server was good, I felt like everytime I started a sentence he showed up at the table, but we will return.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianChrisDined on 9/12/2014Great variety including a $29 price fix menu with appetizer, entree, and choice of dessert or a broad selection ala carte. Antipasta, especially the salami and speck, shouldn't be missed. Salads, soups, and entrees are adjusted for the season. Mushroom risotto, traditional lasagna bolognese, and grilled Mediterranean sea bass over roasted vegetables were all tasty. Round it out with a nice selection of wines by the glass and some tasty desserts and who wouldn't enjoy dinner.Special Features:
- Too Much SaltrockhalljimDined on 9/11/2014One of our must go to restaurants in Baltimore, brought a group and it was everything we expected except for the fish dishes and the risotto which had too much salt. Took the food rating down from outstanding to good.Special Features:
- A wonderful gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Cinghale never fails to impress. Great service, great food and a wonderful wine list.Special Features:
- It's about the experience!micsinDined on 8/21/2014Dinner was delicious, the experience was even better! We dined at Cinghiale for our 5th anniversary, and it could not have been a more perfect evening -- the wait-staff were knowledgable and patient as they walked us through the menu; all of the food was amazing -- the Spaghetti Carbonara and Lemon Ricotta Bomboloni were particularly outstanding. But what stood out was the level of attention we were given -- from the valet to the hostess, to the wait-staff and management -- everyone knew it was our anniversary and they worked in harmony to make it a very special and memorable evening for us.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in Charm CityColinVIPDined on 8/19/2014Italian food in Baltimore is pretty much a disaster, so touting Cinghiale as the best charm city has to offer isn't actually saying that much.....however, the true Italian food at Cinghiale does not disappoint. Charcuterie was spot on--the speck was a little smokey for my wife but perfect for me. The zucchini app was bland; pasta carbonara a little bland as well. Creamy Parmesan with delicious beets was really acidic but tasty; not sure if that was intended. Pork belly was insanely tasty. Duck was to die for. Halibut was delicate and fluffy. Dessert doughnuts were dry and uninspired. Cannot stress enough that half off the wine list on Tuesdays is a can't miss. '97 Pira for $100? Yes please. Thank you to Carlton for a fun dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteJenMDDined on 8/19/2014Consider Cinghiale your no-repeat go-to. Going for a summer supper twice in the span of just a few weeks, the menu had evolved, options and sides had changed within the season. But this was exciting! And fun! And so not disappointing as everything was so harmonic. Have the salad with the bleu cheese, mint, and watermelon if it suits you- surprising and wonderful!Special Features:
- Cinghiale- Enoteca Baltimore's BestWRNDDined on 8/14/2014As a recent but now frequent visitor to Baltimore, this was our first visit to Cinghiale after having read much about it. After working our way through many restaurants on various lists of best restaurants, according to a variety of ratings, including Baltimore Magazine, our meal at Cinghiale was the very best, and can't wait to return: it will be the first place we go. Everything we ordered was absolutely fabulous. The entrees stood up to the appetizers, which seems to be difficult for many restaurants. The menu changes frequently so it probably doesn't make sense to recommend dishes. The pasta is homemade, and the cheese and meat plates fantastic. This should be at the top of the list of restaurants to visit in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodyDined on 8/10/2014From the moment we walked in the door everybody was wonderful. Food was delicious, everything was homemade. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJesseVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of my favorites. Always consistent. Love to sit at the barSpecial Features:
- JerseyGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps the best restaurant we've been to since we moved to Baltimore 2.5 years ago! Restaurant week menu and wine parings awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a repeaterPookaDined on 8/8/2014Our meals were good but not great, tables are placed close together, VERY noisy. Not good enough overall for us to return.Special Features:
- Hip Italian in Harbor EastRandomNicknameDined on 8/7/2014I find Harbor East a fun neighborhood to be in anyway, so I was excited to try this spot for Restaurant Week. The food was as good as expected/advertised. I especially took to the olive oil on the appetizers we ordered, for some reason. The wine list is long, though I would be interested in a few more specialty cocktails to tell the truth. Service was attentive and frequent, and the staff worked well as a team. They have a prix fixe that's reasonable on a daily basis, which is a selling point for future visits for me.Special Features:
- Good, not spectacularBmoreDinerDined on 8/7/2014I chose the restaurant week menu. Heirloom tomato salad was lovely; dessert (sweet corn panna cotta) was outstanding. The tagliatelle with veal Bolognese was good, but not remarkable. A pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience overallCTMillerDined on 8/6/2014Had a wonderful date night here. Started the meal with a plate of prosciutto and melon, followed by a 3 cheese platter. The waitress recommended 3 different cheeses that were all unique in their own way, but blended in a surprisingly harmonious manner, especially when paired with the suggested glass of wine that I ordered. I ordered the veal lasagne for myself and my date ordered the lamb tagliatelli - both were gnereously portioned and served in a very aesthetically pleasing manner. Several glasses of wine later, we were too full to move onto another course, and called it an evening. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgeable, which is something to appreciate these days. Atmosphere was very romantic - as well as clan and pleasant.Special Features:
- This is our favoriteBOSandBmoreVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food and wine are always exceptional as is the service. Everyone is also pleasant and attentive. They do it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFifiDined on 8/3/2014We went there because it was restaurant week. We were not disappointed. Zucchini soup was outstanding. Main course of fish with crispy skin was perfectly prepared. Chocolate cake for dessert was perfect. Our waiter was so knowledgeable and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- It's all good, sometimes even greatBeckyeahhhDined on 8/1/2014FOOD: Almost everything we had was delicious -- in particular the duck entree was delightful with generous portions of mushrooms. My favorite dessert was the lemon verbena panna cotta -- so creamy and light! When we told the waiter the tagliatelle with veal ragu was bland, he told the kitchen, and took it off our bill, which was unexpected but appreciated. SERVICE: Very good. Pacing of courses was a bit more slow than I would have liked but at no point were we left hungry, and someone was always nearby if we needed anything. When my husband asked about a wine pairing, they brought him his preferred glass of wine + another half glass free of charge to taste what a different pairing would be like. OVERALL: We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findHungryInBaltimoreDined on 7/30/2014Although this restaurant has been here for a few years, it was a new discover for my husband and I. Wasn't sure what to expect since many of the items are not "mainstream" and my husband is meat and potatoes. What a pleasant surprise! Food was fantastic and service was outstanding! This was a great find for us and we look forward to another visit real soon.Special Features:
- Italian food in a great settingNickVIPDined on 7/28/2014Excellent Italian cuisine with great service. Be sure to visit the charcuterie and cheese station in the middle of the restaurant.The menu is diverse and reminiscent of dining experiences we've had in Italy. The wine list (only Italian wines) is amazing with wines from all Italian regions and price points. My only complaint was the hard wooden seats in our booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary.JenMDDined on 7/15/2014We visited this past week for a special evening. Cinghiale did not disappoint! The sommelier was helpful with a wine selection, the specials and other menu options were terrific, our server was competent, friendly, and very professional. We are still telling friends how great it was days later, and we hope to get there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinghiale vs CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014While enjoying a long Baltimore weekend, we took the opportunity for some fine dining. With back to back dinner events, we enjoyed dining at Cinghiale more than Charleston. We did wine pairings with dinner both nights, neither stood out as extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as the last?EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 7/12/2014Another Cindy Wolf production. As diverse menu; albeit small portions. We were greeted by a terse hostess, which set the mood for the evening. Server was difficult to understand, hear and a little scattered. Had they not worked in teams, I fear we would have waited on stages of our meal. A wonderful view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Outstanding in every way, every time we dine there. Cured meats and pastas exceptional.Special Features:
- Good food, small portions & PriceyNewmie23Dined on 6/21/2014I had heard really great things about this place and I was excited to try it. Finding upscale food that is safe for a Celiac to eat, can sometimes be a challenge. The restaurant itself is lovely. And while they had lots of gluten free options, I must say the portions were small. Giant plates only emphasized just how small the servings were. Between a table of 4, with an app, meat/cheese course and entrees, our bill was $250. For that price, I should have felt satisfied. But I felt like I could have gone home an eaten a snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in East HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014They went out of their way to prepare a gluten free dinner for a dinner guest in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!MarylandGirlDined on 6/13/2014Went here last week with friends. The restaurant was lovely and the food was excellent. However, the waiter kept bothering us every few minutes wanting to take our dessert and it started to get rude. I kept telling him no and he kept coming back asking. It was as if he wanted us to leave. He didn't do it until the dessert came and it was around 11pm. I am just shocked to receive such a message from such a nice restaurant. But of course I would recommend this place for a special occasion or a romantic date night. The food was great.Special Features:
- outstanding foodwinesapVIPDined on 6/10/2014This restaurant is a little formal for us, but the quality of food and the interest of the menu makes it a clear choice for special occasions. The salad I had with guinea fowl and cured egg yolk sounded odd but it was exceptional and simple. I would return next week to eat the same dish. Pasta with ramps and sugar snap peas didn't really need the snails, but the dish was outstanding. It had so many vegetables, I loved it. 50 % off wine on tues night makes it more fun to try different wines from the large list.Special Features:
- The following 872 reviews are from the Cinghiale - Enoteca (Wine Bar) reviews archive.
- Joe50VIPDined on 5/25/2014The valet was wonderful. When ask about their no charge valet parking as opposed to others in the neighborhood $7-8, he said I guess Tony Foresman cares more about his customers! Perfect response.Special Features:
- NomieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Cured meats outstanding. Pasta to die for. Fresh, superior quality, delicious.Special Features:
- Superb experienceSpannagattinaraDined on 5/22/2014Cinghiale occupies a rare space in the Baltimore restaurant scene; a world class restaurant with a combination of unparalleled wine list, regionally inflected cuisine, ambiance and service that would make it a stand out in ANY major restaurant city in the world. It reminds me of the sort of restaurant one would find in Turin (Torino),Italy, with its strength in Piemontese wines and cuisine, infused with elements of other Italian cuisines (the salted cod filet, finished off with an affogato- divine). The sommelier and staff are extraordinary, and help take your dining experience to another level. I have eaten here many times over the past seven years, and this recent experience was the best. Bravo Tony and Cindy!!!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014We have dined at Cinghiale many times and have always enjoyed our dinner. The last time we were there, the wait staff was snippy. The restaurant was not crowded and it was not late so I can't think of an excuse. I ordered a glass of wine and it took 20 minutes to arrive at the table! When dinner arrived, the meal was disappointing. I am sorry to see this favorite has slipped!Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Amazing food amazing staff an amazing wine list great night out on the town for me and my wife as we celebrated our anniversary. Would recommend it for anyone looking for true Italian cuisine not just spaghetti and meatballs.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lst visitjazzVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was tasty but very expensive. Service was OK -- 2 of us ordered the same dish, one with a spicey twist, the other not. The wrong person got the very spicey dish and was very uncomfortable. Server was n.a. Would recommend strongly that you mark the dishes, accordingly. Went away hungry...not sure about another visit.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experienceBravoVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was the second time I have visited Cinghiale and the second time now that I have experienced both incredible food and wonderful service. We will be returning again, hungry for more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Excellent all around experience.Fantastic wait staff service.Felt as though we stepped into an Italian restaurant in FlorenceSpecial Features:
- Fast-Food FrenzyFoodiePhanVIPDined on 4/29/2014When I called the restaurant to let them know that I needed to change my 8:30 reservation to 9:00. I was told "That's fine, but the kitchen closes at 10, so you may feel rushed.", which is EXACTLY how I felt. From the moment I sat down I felt that the restaurant was winding down and that the staff was more concerned with their closing responsibilities than making sure I had a good dining experience. I was very confused as to who my actual server was, I had 1 person seat me, a different person take my drink order, a different person take my dinner order and someone else run my food. No one checked in on me, and I actually had to ask someone who my server was! If a fast-food experience is your thing, then this is the best place in town!