Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
1327 Railroad Ave.
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cindysbackstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: (707) 963-1200
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is the place to be in the Napa Valley!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (106)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (52)good for groups (52)notable wine list (46)romantic (31)great for brunch (23)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun and deliciious...How can you beat that?ToniVIPDined on 11/21/2014Terrific service person who honestly told us her faves. Delicious food. I think the meat loaf got the prize of the night! We'll be back again....and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014This was the second time we decided to meet at Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, having been hear a year ago. We had another wonderful reunion lunch. Even though half our party was late, having been caught in traffic, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The food did not disappoint. The only down side was that it was hard to hear each other because it was a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLove2eatVIPDined on 11/20/2014Party of four and we all enjoyed our dinner at cindys backstreet. The service could have been better my coffee needed to be refilled for a long time but all in all it was a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite!SusanneVIPDined on 11/17/2014We've never had anything but a wonderful meal at Cindy's! Don't miss the Oysters Bingo and Caesar Salad. Their daily pasta special, also, is usually outstanding. At our latest visit, waiter Shawn (from Brooklyn) took great care of us. (He obviously likes working in the Napa Valley!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Not Be ReturningDinerMDined on 11/16/2014Waited for a long time to be even seen at the front. Someone finally turn the corner and saw us at the door. The response - "I will be right there" - not really right there, actually. He seemed to be bothered that we are standing at the door and interrupted whatever he was doing. Then, we were seated. The waitress and support staff were just fine. In fact one of the better served experience. Food was ok but not anything to write home about. Menu items were limiting. Been here multiple times, but next time, we will have to find another place for a breakfast or lunch.
- Review from 2 happy foodiesShamelessGluttonDined on 11/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how quaint and quiet Cindy's was, having heard it was rather small and tight. Food was superb, service even better. Will look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special weekendLuvGoodFoodDined on 11/8/2014Outstanding food, very good service, and the ambiance very elegantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Bad ExperienceNapaPrinceDined on 11/8/2014They seated us at a round table facing the wall just 4 feet in front of us. It took 50 minutes to get our food and when it was brought it came at 3 different times. Drink orders took 10 minutes. When I complained to another waiter because our waiter was unattentive, she said that she would get the manager. The manager never came. When the food came, it was cold and simply not good. There are so many other reasons why this place is simply not a place you want to visit. I however want to enjoy my day.
- Fabulous St. Helena Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014We had dinner on the patio, the fireplace oven was lit up and mushrooms were being roasted inside. Our food and service was simply outstanding! We had the Caesar salad, meatloaf and duck burgers - all delicious! Their corkage policy pushed this place over the top for all of us. We will definitely make this one of our must repeat!! But shhh..don't tell too many people!Special Features:
- funOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/8/2014This place is always lively and wonderful and fun.Special Features:
- OkaygeobirdDined on 11/3/2014Had heard about it. Was expecting more. It wasn't bad-- I'm not saying that. Just wasn't as good as expected. I would go back just for the polenta fries -- they were that good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedSharonNYVIPDined on 11/2/2014After hearing great things about this place, was really excited to try it. The food was mediocre and wasn't particularly cheap. For the same price, there are infinitely better restaurants options to eat at in the Napa area! The flavours were uninteresting, and either overly salted or just fell flat.
- Lovely Farm house....1travellerVIPDined on 11/2/2014A great stop when visiting the vineyards in the Napa area. Highly recommend it. Inventive menu and lovely setting.Special Features:
- Cozy and yummyGInnyVIPDined on 10/30/2014the food never disappoints. The service was spectacular, the wines wonderful and the booth cozy and quiet for talking.Special Features:
- thebellyrulesthemindVIPDined on 10/26/2014A real representative of the Napa Valley food mind set. Local, interesting, uncomplicated and inventive. Rerally enjoy it here, I return each time I'm in St. Helena.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch5starVIPDined on 10/26/2014We have been going to Cindy's for years and always enjoy the food. This time we were disappointed. The duck burger came on a different bun than previously as did my tuna and were tasteless. The fries were terribly salty. The huckleberry & pear tart was awful. Wine prices have skyrocketed. I don't know if the changes are due to Cindy's recovery from the car accident, but someone needs to take a closer look at the kitchen. It will be awhile before we give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceRobertVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was pretty good (if extremely slow) but the service was very bad. After we complained about almost a one hour and one-half hour wait for our mains the so-called manager took over from our clueless waiter and finally tried to make up for the disaster by comping desserts. We hadn't intended to have dessert but accepted the offer, then the desserts took almost 30 minutes!Special Features:
- I really liked this restaurantRDE1Dined on 10/25/2014If I lived in the neighborhood I'd probably go there often. It's that kind of place. Very warm, friendly atmosphere. Cozy, appealing bar area. Start to finish all the staff were fantastic. The food was off the night we went. We followed staff recommendations course by course except for the New York steak, which we were told might be "hard" - it was. I liked the fairly priced wine list. I'll give this restaurant a second try.
- Lovely stop in St. HelenaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/25/2014Delicious brunch! Loved our server, who was newly transplanted from the east coast. Had the sweet potato peanut soup, which could had been a highlight. The Campfire /Smore dessert was insane. I might skip the grilled cheese, according to my friends... Overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "wow"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Cindy Pawlcyn continues to "wow" with gret food, great staff and seasonal changes that will make me a repeat customer!!Special Features:
- good food, average serviceLelouchDined on 10/24/2014Loved the food, but our server made a couple mistakes in our order and lengthened our dinner by at least 30 minutesSpecial Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Innovation, selection, seasoning and overall preparation has declined since our last visit. Wine selection is limited as well.
- A bit disappointing from years pastOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/21/2014Always love going to CBK when in wine country, and have had fabulous meals. This visit was different, as a few dishes were delivered to tables incomplete, and although fixed, not what we expected. One dish was spicier than described, and although the server said she would ask the chef how it was prepared, she never circled back with us.
- Unique DiningcgifinDined on 10/19/2014We visited Cindy's after a long day of wine tasting in Napa valley. The restaurant is a converted house and is gorgeous. The wait staff was very nice, personable and fun. The menu is unique - there was nothing that really sounded great on the menu but our meals were really good. The desserts were phenomenal - the Campfire Pie is a must have!Special Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphere!Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had an awesome dinner with great wine! The server was very friendly and accommodating! Even with a big party upstairs. Dinners were a little slow coming out of kitchen but that was because of the big party going on at same time. Food was exceptional! Will definitely go back when we are in the area again!Special Features:
- Lovely lunch spotOneCentRoseDined on 10/16/2014The food was delicious as usual. A wonderful place to have lunch with my daughter. I'm not sure if they were short staffed or if part of the dining experience is never to see your waiter but the service was poor. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to get a glass of wine. I do like Cindys and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been better!fabulousmealVIPDined on 10/15/2014We received recommendations from many friends to eat at Cindy's and we are SO glad we did! We were in Napa for our honeymoon and they were so lovely to celebrate with us! The service, the food, the ambiance... All perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.BistroDined on 10/13/2014Disappointed in the food. Quail was very overcooked.
- Favorite lunch spot in napa valleyMeatloafVIPDined on 10/3/2014Don't think twice and just GO!! I never miss this place for lunch when in napa valley. The restaurant is beautiful and bright. Perfect sunny atmosphere. The food is a hit and always leaves me struggling what to order. This time we shared pork tacos and piquillo peppers to start. Entrees were meatloaf and swordfish. We talked about the food all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealDickVIPDined on 9/27/2014The meal was good but we were disappointed in the grilled octopus was over cooked.Special Features:
- tommmyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food. Strange server. Was attentive and then disappeared. Table next to us was terribly loud and very disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be losing their way!DesperadoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have always really liked this restaurant but the last two times I have been there the service is not as good and the kitchen has missed the mark even to the point that the soup that was served to my wife was cold. Anyone can serve you hot soup. Perhaps Cindy has her eyes on other things but they are certainly NOT on this restaurant.
- Restaurant to try if in St. HelenaRmenascheVIPDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed my dinner at Cindy's and I would recommend it. I had the smoked prime rib which was excellent. I thought a bit expensive at $39.95 especially since the waiter did not inform us of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go back in a secondtuskDined on 9/27/2014Love a place like this! One of those place you can eat something that you cant get everywhere. Enjoyable wait staff and great food. YeaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnertennisVIPDined on 9/26/2014My second time to Cindy's. Brought some friends with us. Our service by our waiter Jason was terrible. Once we did not order wine right away and asked the price of one of the specials he seemed to lose interest in our table. Nearly through the desert news on that table. Don't know if I would come back.Special Features:
- Not sure what to sayKevLVIPDined on 9/26/2014We either caught them on an off night or the service here is suspect. Had several other meals during the week in St Helena and never had service that even approached this lower level. Too many great places to eat here without taking the chance on poor service.
- Great findRbranchDined on 9/26/2014Off the Main Street but easy walk from downtown St Helena. Great food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot for locals + touristslocaldinerDined on 9/23/2014It is always a treat to go back to Cindy's. There is a variety of choices for every taste. We save room for the campfire pie for dessert. It is the best chocolate dessert this side of heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!!Cal42VIPDined on 9/23/2014Some of the best food we had all week during our stay in Napa. A perfect lunch spot. Flavorful, filling and reasonably priced. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great service. Our waitress, Mary was wonderful! The food is always good.Special Features: