Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
1327 Railroad Ave.
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cindysbackstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7079631200x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is the place to be in the Napa Valley!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (108)great for lunch (82)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (58)notable wine list (50)good for groups (42)romantic (34)great for brunch (28)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good mealDickVIPDined on 9/27/2014The meal was good but we were disappointed in the grilled octopus was over cooked.Special Features:
- tommmyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food. Strange server. Was attentive and then disappeared. Table next to us was terribly loud and very disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be losing their way!DesperadoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have always really liked this restaurant but the last two times I have been there the service is not as good and the kitchen has missed the mark even to the point that the soup that was served to my wife was cold. Anyone can serve you hot soup. Perhaps Cindy has her eyes on other things but they are certainly NOT on this restaurant.
- Restaurant to try if in St. HelenaRmenascheVIPDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed my dinner at Cindy's and I would recommend it. I had the smoked prime rib which was excellent. I thought a bit expensive at $39.95 especially since the waiter did not inform us of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go back in a secondOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Love a place like this! One of those place you can eat something that you cant get everywhere. Enjoyable wait staff and great food. YeaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnertennisVIPDined on 9/26/2014My second time to Cindy's. Brought some friends with us. Our service by our waiter Jason was terrible. Once we did not order wine right away and asked the price of one of the specials he seemed to lose interest in our table. Nearly through the desert news on that table. Don't know if I would come back.Special Features:
- Great findRbranchDined on 9/26/2014Off the Main Street but easy walk from downtown St Helena. Great food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot for locals + touristslocaldinerDined on 9/23/2014It is always a treat to go back to Cindy's. There is a variety of choices for every taste. We save room for the campfire pie for dessert. It is the best chocolate dessert this side of heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!!Cal42VIPDined on 9/23/2014Some of the best food we had all week during our stay in Napa. A perfect lunch spot. Flavorful, filling and reasonably priced. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great service. Our waitress, Mary was wonderful! The food is always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Service was not good. Numerous items asked for were never brought . Food was ok, but not worth a trip back
- Other than dessert... great!winkDined on 9/19/2014I dine at Cindy's occasionally, and thought it would be fun to take some friends there on a Friday evening. Everything was up to par as usual, until it came to dessert. A butter pecan ice cream dish with caramel. When it was served, it had already melted into a soupy mess. Maybe it was the last remnants in the container, who knows, but it should not have been served like that. The waiter took it back and brought another, only this time the butter pecan tasted more like vanilla bean, and we noticed that the waiter never came back to see if it was OK for us. He did comp the dessert regardless, but still, this is not the what I would have expected to happen at Cindy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Meal in St. HelenaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014I had heard good things about Cindy's and we decided to go when we went up to St. Helena. We were certainly not disappointed! The pork schnitzel was so tender and every bite delicious. We also had the tomatoes, which were also delicious! A wonderful gem of a restaurant which we will return to!Special Features:
- Turning negative to positiveQBwashereVIPDined on 9/17/2014On the verge of walking out after being ignored as others seated after us received water, bread, cocktails & ordered, my husband grabbed Katrina (?), not our waitress, who immediately recited the specials, delivered cocktails ASAP & the rest went pretty good. She was also neat & professional. The hostess up front was completely useless & officious, the only other waiter (ours no doubt) wore a filthy apron & brought us our check saying something snarky about "getting us out of there". 3 people were squeezed into a corner 2 top next to the bathrooms while 2 roomy booths went unused the rest of the evening. Cindy's doesn't seem to respect their guests...this was a 2nd visit for me & I came back for the brilliant duck burger but I'm done!Special Features:
- Tough NYshoespazVIPDined on 9/13/2014Corn soup was tasty and had pleasant chile heat, but the "bowl" was a very small portion. I'd hate to see what the "cup" serving looked like. My friend says his was cold. Mine was plenty warm. My friend loved his octopus appetizer. Sunchoke hash was delicious, but the NY strip, ordered medium rare, and as light as possible (no butter, light oil) was completely raw inside, and had to be sent back. Original "sharp" knife couldn't cut through it, so got a heavier, sharper knife, and it was still extremely difficult to cut and chew. I've never had a NY that tough. Flavor was good, but the texture was inexcusable. Our server, Mary, was delightful, as always.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014In our dinning area, there were several large parties of about six persons in each who were very boisterous and annoying. It will be a while before we return to this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy ALWAYS deliversRennieDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is not to be missed! Cindy's always delivers an exceptional meal, with an exceptional one peering topped by exceptional service. We come here every time we visit Napa Valley! You should tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceCindyDined on 9/12/2014We dined at many fine restaurants during our vacation in Napa and Sonoma Valleys. This restaurant was truly outstanding. From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we were greeted by one of the many employees who it is obvious are THRILLED to work there. All of the staff was friendly, "connected" with each guest and were knowledgeable about whatever question you had. We happened to have Summer as our waitress and she was fabulous. We went for a late lunch and really lingered over our meal. Lovely, Lovely, Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Predictable and Good !!SalMemphisVIPDined on 9/10/2014On each trip to NAPA we always stop for Mustard's for lunch and Cindy's for dinner. They never disappoint. Adult grilled cheese and meatloaf always yummy.Special Features:
- Are you kidding us?TheCorbsDined on 9/9/2014Cindy's is a must-stop. Make a reservation, enjoy the outdoor courtyard or intimate interior and you're in for a treat! I had the best salmon I've ever had in my 71 years! To perfection. Nothing better. Quietly outstanding. Bravo!Special Features:
- MrBill535VIPDined on 9/7/2014Try Cindy's chicken salad. The rabbit tostada is also excellent.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Only gets better a long time visitor never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We had dinner there a few weeks ago and got introduced to this wonderful restaurant. This time around the waitress still remembered us and was still very attentive and knowledgable about the menu. They pork specialties and steaks that were out of this world... Can only highly recommend it to any foodies who like to have an amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just an off night, but...kgofoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our servers were overwhelmed and couldn't keep the upstairs dining room running efficiently. The menu is still interesting - comfort-food meets innovative-farm-to-table - but the execution was spotty, and sweaty, scattered, dish-breaking service undermined the whole experience.Special Features:
- Cindy's never disappoints!napanativeVIPDined on 9/1/2014I've eaten there many, many times, and it's always a pleasure. Great food + comfortable space + non-pretentious staff = Yummy experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Nothing better than Cindy's Cooking. Pablo's oysters and Isaura's dessert! I am now adding Seans wit and personality leaving us laughing and having fun throughout our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We had the three cheese arepa, the grilled Spanish octopus and lamb meatballs for appetizers. All were delicious! However, the duck breast entree was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealVisitorDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Cindy's last weekend. The food was well thought out, perfectly executed, portions were ample. We shared a classic Caesar salad laden with anchovies. My husband loved the pulled pork. I had a small plate of Spanish octopus over Rancho Gordo beans with marinated lemon and radish slices. It was perfectly prepared and seasoned. For dessert we had a flourless chocolate cake, really a Reine de Saba served with berries. This is a great place for a quiet meal and perfectly prepared food in a choice of the patio or restaurant proper. Imaginative culinary whimsy in fine form. I mean octopus with beans? Who would have thought of this combination? Yet it works superbly for a warm summer night's dinner.Special Features:
- Local GemSpunkersDined on 8/26/2014Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is a local gem, serving excellent and varied foos with daily specials. The food offers many dishes that are comfort foods,but others that are creative and imaginative. The service is attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eclectic selectionmechiltonDined on 8/24/2014Great place. Small but with a great menu with unusual but not crazy dishes. Ok maybe a few crazy dishes. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We come to the Napa area once a year and Cindy's is always a dining must. Always a dining delight. Love the roasted peppers. Great wine list also.Special Features:
- Great for party of four!LisaDined on 8/20/2014This was our second visit. I much prefer the private outdoor dining to the busier inside close to the bar. As the name suggests, the entrance is in back. You enter off the street and travel a narrow floral, tree lined pathway, through a small area of outdoor seating with an outdoor pizza oven/fireplace in the corner. A large fig tree creates a canopy for lighting, shade, and privacy. Half chicken...mmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticpalmdesertdogDined on 8/19/2014Sat outside on a cool evening. Only one other table was occupied, so it was fairly quiet. Service was ok, perhaps a little too presumptuous. Food was very good. My wife and I both had Mexican style meals. She had the pollo loco (excellent) and I had the enchiladas stuffed with mushrooms and spinach. Both were served hot, a trait in restaurants that I like (not all do that!) hazard a half bottle of Conumdrum wine that might have been past it's prime (2007.) All in all, an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedFabesVIPDined on 8/19/2014The poor service really put a damper on the meal. It was extremely slow and inattentive. Food was not described to us in any detail. We would have ordered differently had we been more informed. The busboy brought out our drinks and our food. The waitress did not come back to check until we were nearly done and then realized we did not have a sharp knife that was needed for the entree but said we did fine without it! Huh? We were really looking forward to this restaurant but it was a disappointment. Duck was ok, but limp-no crispiness on the crust.
- awesome from start to finish!mandysdDined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing and wasn't too pricey for the quality. I loved the decor and seating was very comfortable. Our server was so fun and did a great job explaining the menu and helping us choose wine. What a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step out of the usualArtistlinDined on 8/15/2014Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen has a remarkable menu of things you didn't know people ate (Chinese duck burger with mushroom ketchup, for instance). Couple that with the warm, happy atmosphere, the attentive service and huge wine list, you have the recipe for a wonderful evening with friends (or as a couple). Make sure you leave space for a sinfully wonderful finish; try one of their desserts...our favorite was the Campfire Pie.Special Features:
- Terrific food; reasonable priceCondorDined on 8/11/2014I've now been here twice. Referred by a local the first time. Each time the dinners have been excellent. The heirloom tomato salad was fabulous. Oysters great. The one thing that shocked both of us was the size of the entree. Very large and we both couldn't finish. We could have had half the amount and would have been more than satisfied. Nice atmosphere and they don't squeeze you in like other places. They have a nice bar. Hard to find because it is behind the main road and parking can be a challenge but you can park and walk a short block. Worth the effort.Special Features:
- St. Helena foodieMickeyVIPDined on 8/11/2014My guess is that the food here is generally very good. Two of us had a delicious meal and two of us felt the meal was mediocre. It may be that the specials are more predictable, just don't know. Worth giving a try.
- Great food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Great food and spectacular service!! Mary was our server and she was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little GemCB2013Dined on 8/1/2014Cindy's was just the thing me and my family needed after a long relaxing day at the spa. The menu selection was great and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes and it was delicious. Great vibe and really nice décor. This is one of my new favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.