Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
1327 Railroad Ave.
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cindysbackstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7079631200x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is the place to be in the Napa Valley!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (93)great for lunch (72)great for outdoor dining (61)special occasion (53)notable wine list (43)romantic (35)good for groups (32)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Cindy's last weekend. The food was well thought out, perfectly executed, portions were ample. We shared a classic Caesar salad laden with anchovies. My husband loved the pulled pork. I had a small plate of Spanish octopus over Rancho Gordo beans with marinated lemon and radish slices. It was perfectly prepared and seasoned. For dessert we had a flourless chocolate cake, really a Reine de Saba served with berries. This is a great place for a quiet meal and perfectly prepared food in a choice of the patio or restaurant proper. Imaginative culinary whimsy in fine form. I mean octopus with beans? Who would have thought of this combination? Yet it works superbly for a warm summer night's dinner.Special Features:
- Local GemSpunkersDined on 8/26/2014Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is a local gem, serving excellent and varied foos with daily specials. The food offers many dishes that are comfort foods,but others that are creative and imaginative. The service is attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eclectic selectionmechiltonDined on 8/24/2014Great place. Small but with a great menu with unusual but not crazy dishes. Ok maybe a few crazy dishes. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We come to the Napa area once a year and Cindy's is always a dining must. Always a dining delight. Love the roasted peppers. Great wine list also.Special Features:
- Great for party of four!LisaDined on 8/20/2014This was our second visit. I much prefer the private outdoor dining to the busier inside close to the bar. As the name suggests, the entrance is in back. You enter off the street and travel a narrow floral, tree lined pathway, through a small area of outdoor seating with an outdoor pizza oven/fireplace in the corner. A large fig tree creates a canopy for lighting, shade, and privacy. Half chicken...mmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticpalmdesertdogDined on 8/19/2014Sat outside on a cool evening. Only one other table was occupied, so it was fairly quiet. Service was ok, perhaps a little too presumptuous. Food was very good. My wife and I both had Mexican style meals. She had the pollo loco (excellent) and I had the enchiladas stuffed with mushrooms and spinach. Both were served hot, a trait in restaurants that I like (not all do that!) hazard a half bottle of Conumdrum wine that might have been past it's prime (2007.) All in all, an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedFabesVIPDined on 8/19/2014The poor service really put a damper on the meal. It was extremely slow and inattentive. Food was not described to us in any detail. We would have ordered differently had we been more informed. The busboy brought out our drinks and our food. The waitress did not come back to check until we were nearly done and then realized we did not have a sharp knife that was needed for the entree but said we did fine without it! Huh? We were really looking forward to this restaurant but it was a disappointment. Duck was ok, but limp-no crispiness on the crust.
- awesome from start to finish!mandysdDined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing and wasn't too pricey for the quality. I loved the decor and seating was very comfortable. Our server was so fun and did a great job explaining the menu and helping us choose wine. What a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step out of the usualArtistlinDined on 8/15/2014Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen has a remarkable menu of things you didn't know people ate (Chinese duck burger with mushroom ketchup, for instance). Couple that with the warm, happy atmosphere, the attentive service and huge wine list, you have the recipe for a wonderful evening with friends (or as a couple). Make sure you leave space for a sinfully wonderful finish; try one of their desserts...our favorite was the Campfire Pie.Special Features:
- Terrific food; reasonable priceCondorDined on 8/11/2014I've now been here twice. Referred by a local the first time. Each time the dinners have been excellent. The heirloom tomato salad was fabulous. Oysters great. The one thing that shocked both of us was the size of the entree. Very large and we both couldn't finish. We could have had half the amount and would have been more than satisfied. Nice atmosphere and they don't squeeze you in like other places. They have a nice bar. Hard to find because it is behind the main road and parking can be a challenge but you can park and walk a short block. Worth the effort.Special Features:
- St. Helena foodieMickeyVIPDined on 8/11/2014My guess is that the food here is generally very good. Two of us had a delicious meal and two of us felt the meal was mediocre. It may be that the specials are more predictable, just don't know. Worth giving a try.
- Great food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Great food and spectacular service!! Mary was our server and she was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little GemCB2013Dined on 8/1/2014Cindy's was just the thing me and my family needed after a long relaxing day at the spa. The menu selection was great and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes and it was delicious. Great vibe and really nice décor. This is one of my new favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favorites in Napa ValleylocaldinerDined on 8/1/2014The food is always superb. We had a vegetarian dish, spinach and cheese enchilada that surprised us that it could be so good.Special Features:
- Great meal in NapaDevldaveDined on 7/30/2014If you're a foodie enjoying Napa, don't miss Cindy's Backstreet. Great food in a non-snobby atmosphere. Creative and wonderful taste combos. Don't miss the rabbit tostadas!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great lunch in between winery's - definitely a great find . A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a Mexican accentJAMsGemsDined on 7/29/2014E thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Larger than expected portions, delicious sauces and a divine strawberry rhubarb shortcakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitor from afar.GskyDined on 7/29/2014This was a wonderful place. I'm a foodie. I had heard about it and it met my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Disappointed. They were out of an appetizer before 6:30 on a Saturday night and forgot to bring a vegetable side dish. They did n9t charge for either!
- Cindy come backSammyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cindy's has been my favorite but this visit was not to par. The duck burger was charred, burned and dry. The enchilada was bland. The appetizers (paquito peppers and octopus salad) were still great. The service was wonderful offering to replace my entree without charge.
- Always Cindys!franclyDined on 7/24/2014Strength to strength... wonderful family lunch... lovely ambiance and great serviceSpecial Features:
- foodfanDined on 7/23/2014The best pasta dish (linguine with chanterelles) and blistered pepper appetizer we've ever tasted. The service was absolutely flawless and we enjoyed the passion and energy level of the manager who visited our table and helped describe the specials. This restaurant was recommended by several of the tasting room personnel we talked to and will now be one of our favorites when visiting northern California.Special Features:
- Good Not Greatpleroma18Dined on 7/19/2014We happened to be visiting on a rather warm day which is common in St.Helena in July. The restaurant was very warm inside, and we were uncomfortable throughout the meal. Seating is cramped and parking is meager. My burger was very good, but I ordered it because the prices are high for regular entrées. Prices on wine are also very high, so we stuck with cocktails for lunch. Don't think I will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner and dessertSJSLDined on 7/18/2014We stumbled upon Cindy's when we were looking for dessert one night during a recent mid-week getaway. The s'mores-inspired Campfire Pie was so good that we came back the next night for dinner. Cindy's does not disappoint. Everything we had was delicious. And the very attentive staff went out of their way to make us happy. The lamb meatballs were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotGregSDined on 7/18/2014Went for lunch. Service from start to finish was superb. Food was also outstanding. Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great lunch on the patio and terrific service by Michael our waiter. He has a great sense of humor and was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overall experience at Cindy'sSFfoodluverVIPDined on 7/17/2014This review is for dinner on Friday night on the patio during Festival del Sole. We arrived 45 minutes eArly and they sat us promptly on the patio, which is nice but missing touches like candles, torches or heaters. Our (worse waiter ever) server forgot to put our order in until we asked about it (having noticed others around us receiving entres) then he flat out refused to bring us "something" to snack on during the extended wait when he told us they were out of bread. We had to wait so so long for our meals (mushroom enchilada and brisket were both solid) that we finished entire bottle of wine, on empty stomachs, bad on many levels, he apologized but no offer of price reduction and then he topped it with complaints about festival crowds
- JeffPhoteljeffDined on 7/17/2014Just an all around go to favorite!! Great drinks, great food, great service!!! Thank you also for being so wonderful with the set of 90+ year olds that tagged along!!Special Features:
- IrenVIPDined on 7/14/2014We love Cindy's food, live in Yountville and go to her restaurants often. This time it was a disconnect. It was early around 5 pm, server was at the front desk. Told us she would take us to her favorite table and proceeded to take us to a corner table way in the backroom. Why? I have no clue? For 20 minutes people kept passing by us, but no one approached our table. Finally manager came. I asked for an Americano, campari, sweet vermouth and soda. When the bill came, there was a 2.00 add on for the sweet vermouth. If I had ordered a martini, would I have been charged extra for olives? Then there was another 2.00 charge for an extra spear of pickles. Serous upselling and not fun. We won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJudyGFVIPDined on 7/14/2014The duck burger is fabulously delicious! My friends also enjoyed their lunch choices and recommend Cindy's curried chicken salad, the Avocado and Papya salad and the stuffed peppers! Nice food presentation as well. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- One of the best everlaylaVIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant does everything well. We saw the chocolate pie featured in Food & Wine magazine and that is what got us here. We had one of the best dining experiences ever -from the non-stuffy service to the incredible food & innovative menu. Fantastic!
- No betterMontyVIPDined on 7/8/2014There is no better place to stop. Creative and prefectly prepared dishes. Great wine-country ambiance, energy, and interactions. And a fair bill will come at the end. What more could you want?Special Features:
- eagleusafDined on 7/7/2014Poor upfront service. I am disabled on O2 and we were seated at the furthest table from the entrance. The waiter was efficient but not friendly.Special Features:
- Go NOWNinerGirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant exceeded my expectations. Food and service top notch. Your wait persons seem to enjoy their jobs what a nice feeling that must be. Thanks for such an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RJJNDined on 6/29/2014The food was outstanding - fresh and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SoniDDined on 6/28/2014We loved our meal at Cindy's. The food was excellent! My husband had the meatloaf, something he doesn't normally select, but it s was delicious. I ordered the rib eye steak. It was a bit overcooked, from the medium I ordered, but tasty just the same. We also tried the s'more pie, divine! The service was attentive but not too much. The ambiance was relaxed and welcoming, but reservations are highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good food, but poor environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good, but we were placed in the room upstairs. It was quite warm and when we let the server know, she made no offer to adjust to another room. She even acknowledged that they had cooling problems upstairs. The hostess should have warned us before she sat us. This made for an uncomfortable dining experience.
- Great find!Room237Dined on 6/27/2014We found Cindy's on Open Table after reading reviews and trying to find something within a short driving distance from our hotel. We were so happy with our choice! We had the meatloaf, spinach and mushroom enchiladas, and the Campfire pie! Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy's is the real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Service is warm and efficient. Care was taken to be sure you were seated comfortably ( sunny day outside seating). The food was really excellent and creative. I had the rabbit tostada which was great. We were only sorry we hadn't booked for dinner. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2014We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The whole Petrale sole was exceptional! Try the Lemon-Buttermilk Pudding Cake with Chantilly Cream and Berries ... smooth and silky light.Special Features: