Cinco Mexican Cantina - Vickery Village
5575 N. Vickery St
Cumming, GA 30040Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Vickery Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cincorestaurants.com/
- Phone: (678) 341-6962
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Because we make everything fresh at Cinco, we can customize any menu to make your special occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining during the beginning of the week. We also offer a semi-private room.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jordan 4045422152x
- Entertainment: We offer live music Wednesday thru Sunday.
A word from Cinco Mexican Cantina - Vickery Village
We are Mexican food with an attitude! We are a place where you can enjoy great upscale Mexican cuisine in a casual, yet highly sophisticated environment. The food and décor set the tone, in both quality and vibrant presentation. While taste is of the utmost importance, we believe that the ambience is welcoming due to the live music and friendly staff. We also offer a rooftop bar. Must be 21 and up. We do not accept reservations for roof top.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Vickery Village reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Dinner reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Everything about the place was great except the food was very plain. Google quality but no Wow this is really good. Enchilada hah very little re sauce, no cheese or sour cream. Just very plain.Special Features:
- Much improvedSBrooksDined on 11/3/2014Our first experience at Cinco's wasn't excellent. This time it was far better. The wait staff all looked young ... very young. While friendly and attentive, their inexperience was evident. We all have to start somewhere, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/31/2014This is one of my favorite places to go. My hubby and I (and sometimes our kids if we feel like putting up with them) are there at least once a week. The menu has your staple mexican dishes, enchiladas, burritos, tacos, fajitas, but also has awesome non conventional dishes, like shrimp in chipotle cream sauce with spinach risotto (the risotto is made with their monterey jack cheese that I'm pretty sure they buy in heaven bc I can't seem to find mont jack cheese as good as theirs anywhere!). Their house made salsa, well.....I pretty much skip the chips and eat it with a spoon. I actually use it as a dressing on the salads. And the best part about cinco is that it is reasonable prices. And the chicken tortilla is the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- Promising local restaurantbristolpjDined on 10/24/2014One of our local restaurants and there is always a good atmosphere. It's promising because there is still scope for improvement in the service which really is not good. Our (male) server was not up to the job and we tended to see him only after we had asked someone else to help. Menu is sufficiently extensive, plentiful supply of crisp chips and salsa, food well prepared, drinks fine. Just a pity about the service. OK, so it was a Friday evening and the place was busy but our server told us that 2 of them would be looking after us but we never saw his colleague all evening. And we rarely saw him!Special Features:
- AverageFoodreviewDined on 10/17/2014For some reason, what was a very special dining restaurant, is now basically average, not sure why.Special Features:
- Consistent. Fresh. Vibrant.BlueGVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food at Cinco's Vickery Village is consistently prepared from fresh ingredients and always satisfying. Good service. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Cinco Mexican Cantina - Vickery Village reviews archive.
- Fun place !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Really good food in a fun vibrant indoor outdoor glass patio setting. They have other indoor and outdoor settings too. Nice big tables for family and small group sittings. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best cantinaDerekDined on 6/21/2014Cinco is our favorite destination for awesome tex-mex at incredibly reasonable prices! Awesome roof-top bar as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!DebbieGVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was the first time we've been to this location and it looks like a place we would return for dinner. We ordered from the lunch menu and it was okay. My guest had the tacos and I had the chicken wrap. Both dishes were tasty although a bit messy to eat which was certainly expected. I suspect we will continue to order from the regular menu in future trips simply because we enjoy some of those items a bit more than what we ordered. We look forward to going back in the near future to enjoy dining on the rooftop.Special Features:
- Great food and service!MSNSVIPDined on 6/15/2014We love Cinco's at Vickery Village. The restaurant is beautiful. The food is delicious and the service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingZinkDined on 4/19/2014We had family in town and thought we would take them someplace we hadn't been before. Another brother recommended against it and I should have listened. After the good guacamole, it all went downhill. No one's food was properly seasoned and my salmon was overcooked. We all left quite a bit of food uneaten. A rather disappointing dinner experience for all of us.
- Cinco - Vickery VillagedbhcluVIPDined on 2/16/2014This is a great place to enjoy the nice atmosphere while sipping a margarita or glass of wine. Nice outdoor seating in warmer weather, plus a vibrant bar area on the roof. A wide selection of Mexican dishes should satisfy just about every taste. Try the shrimp tacos - smallish but very good. We always enjoy coming here and will return.Special Features:
- I visited when the place wasAdrianVIPDined on 1/1/2014I visited when the place was basically empty so I can't speak as to how busy, lively or loud it can get. But I can say that Cinco's has some excellent Mexican dishes. Although I wouldn't consider it the most authentic Mexican restaurant, it definitely is still well recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but food lackingPlan4uDined on 12/31/2013Our main criticism was the fish tacos; one of us had crispy and the other grilled. They were quite small portions, and just the piece of fish was inside the tortilla with a tartar sauce and a small cup of slaw on the side, neither of each was very good or near enough. The person who ordered the grilled asked for lettuce and tomato, and it took two asks to get it and when it came, it was a huge plate of lettuce and no tomato. Beans were not hot on anyone's plate. On the upside, the churro's were very good; our group shared one.Special Features:
- Best Mexican foodJLO7VIPDined on 12/29/2013The food is so fresh and of good quality. The salsa is the best! The atmosphere is nice and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local Mexican restaurantSoboyDined on 10/13/2013Met a date here for dinner. Inside looks nicer than your typical neighborhood Mexican restaurant but we sat on the rooftop patio. Music, provided by a single guitar player, was too loud to allow table side conversation. Waiter tried too hard to upsell Margaritas and after that, service was only ok. Food was nothing special - I've had much tastier fish tacos elsewhere. Margaritas were good as were chips and salsa - the salsa is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A repeat visit and still verydbhcluVIPDined on 9/22/2013A repeat visit and still very nice. Sat outdoors for drinks, with live music coming from the rooftop. Quite active and enjoyable - music not too loud. Sat inside for dinner which was very good. Prompt and attentive service. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Empanada'sPaulDined on 9/20/2013Great drinks, very vibrant (loud) outdoor dining environment. Get the empanada's before they sell out for the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceyummyfoodDined on 9/6/2013This was our first visit to Cinco Mexican Cantina. We made reservations then at the last minute we realized we were going to be 30 or 40 minutes late. Called them.....no problem! The restaurant was very clean and the noise level was low. Our server, Susan was super! Very personable and was on top of everything. Our food came out quickly and was delicious, as were the Margaritas. We went up stairs to the outside bar after dinner and enjoyed live music and friendly people. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpirisedChrisDined on 7/21/2013Wasn't expecting a lot considering the size of the town but the service was excellent and the food even better. It was obvious the food was fresh and not the same old menu. Plenty of healthy dishes to choose from and at reasonable prices. The waitress was very pleasant and professional. The manager stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. We were very pleasantly surprised. We would highly recommend this restaurant to our friends and will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening at Cinco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013We've become regulars at this Cinco's because it's so close to our house. We haven't had a bad meal there yet. Not sure what these reviewers are noticing that they think the service is bad, because I see all the servers pretty much busting their butts while we were there. My favorite dish is the Carnitas de Puerco, a braised pork shank - unusual dish for a Mexican restaurant, but it is excellent. The guacamole is always freshly made, and their margaritas go down easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco 1st TimerMarkDDined on 6/21/2013My family and I went to Cinco for the first time. Food was sub par, they forgot to put in our appetizer so we just took it off the list. Went there to sit upstairs at the bar area. Now that I have see how they serve the bar area, don't bother. Poor servers running up and down stairs trying to support the patrons. Won't go back!
- We were in a group of 6 andLarryDined on 6/19/2013We were in a group of 6 and felt crowded in a booth. The bright sun made one of our members uncomfortable during her meal. The service and our waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJLO7VIPDined on 6/1/2013Cinco is an awesome place! Wish there were more places like it around my area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is now hit or missbtle310Dined on 5/12/2013Food is always good but the service is hit or miss. The manager on duty is generally walking around and helping. When there is an issue he proactively take care of it.Special Features:
- At least the waitress was niceMothersdayMishapDined on 5/12/2013The hostes was a disaster which I don't understand because there were open tables everywhere. Took a long time to get drinks. The food was not so good. Missing things. Had to be brought out in multiple trips to get it all there. At least 10 minutes to get our silverware after our food was in front of us. But the waitress was incrediy nice. The staff all seemed to be part time high school workers. We ate outside and a young guy who worked there kept going up and down the stairs to the upper patio. As he would come down he would always jump from about the 5th step to the floor. This is the best example of the behavior from the rest of the staff. OK for a locally owned pizza joint, but not for a place like Cinco.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I can't recommend this place to anybody. Bad service, bad actitud , so slow. It use to be a good restaurant. Not anymore. The other locations are fine but the one at Vickery its awful. I'm not coming again just because of the bad service.
- Slow Cooking - and not in the goodDresdawgDined on 5/12/2013We had a good time, not a great time. Serving staff was friendly and the ambience was nice, but the reason I gave it a one-star for service was because the food took EXTREMELY long to come out. On top of that, we had our 2-year old with us. We were lucky that he was in one of his better moods. You would think the restaurant would have been considerate in regards to that, bringing out the food early or at least his plate first. The final thing that bothered me so much, though, was that the manager came to apologize but did not offer anything. Every other place that has a snafu offers to take something off the check. A little cheese dip or the $5 kids plate would have been very much appreciated. But he did not, and it was very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingChicagoVIPDined on 5/10/2013The one bright spot was Megan but the other servers were bad. I was with a party of 4 and not one meal came out correctly. The food was bland and who want bland Mexican?
- Our services wasn't terrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2013Our services wasn't terrible, but I have a feeling we were working with someone in training. I wish they had just told us that up front - we had to ask for our drinks to be filled, not chips were brought out until the guacomole showed up and we still had to wait on small plates to share the appetizers across the huge table.
- very busy, food good not great...veHifiguyneilDined on 3/23/2013very busy, food good not great...very cool atmosphere with live band and decor.
- Took my wife here on Valentines.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Took my wife here on Valentines. It was amazing. We truly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- I live near this Cinco locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I live near this Cinco location and it's definitely a popular spot. Great upstairs outdoor bar when in season. The food is delicious and the live music is always good!Special Features:
- Five is fine place for mealbensojaDined on 12/7/2012Cinco is a very good place for all kinds of gatherings...romantic, bar hangout or fmaily meal. I've all kinds of get together at Cinco and all went very well. The food is very good and the service is as well. I will definitely be returning to Cinco.Special Features:
- Cinco - where you can experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2012Cinco - where you can experience both traditional and atypical Mexican dining. Combining both traditional and upscale mexican restaurant menu choices (everything from fabulous burritos and quesadillas to braised pork shanks and hanger steak), this restaurant hits on all cylinders. The drinks are first rate, great service, wonderful open atmosphere, and live music on the weekends make for a complete dining experience.Special Features:
- Went in for an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Went in for an anniversary and asked for a secluded table and private area. We were placed in the back in an open area. They seemed to forget about us and the glass of water I got only got filled one time and that was near the end of dinner...that was the only time she really came by. Not impressed.
- Need to "wake up" the flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/25/2012Need to "wake up" the flavors a little more. Too similar to other Mexican chains.Special Features:
- Food this visit left me wantingKooyDined on 8/12/2012Food this visit left me wanting for more - my favorite is the Shrimp Enchiladas, the corn was obviously cut fresh from the cob which I like however, eating pieces of cob is not good. Our 11 month old LOVED the fresh guacamole (first time we have ordered).Special Features:
- They claimed my reservationJimmyVIPDined on 7/15/2012They claimed my reservation was not in their computer but apparenlty I am getting the credit??
- This place has gone way downhill...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2012I took my daughter for lunch this week and the place was very quiet with very few customers. We waited five minutes and the hostess stand before anyone noticed us. The menu has changed several times at this place and the food continues to be very pedestrian. The service was terrible. My order was wrong, and the server was obviously new and/or poorly trained. This is a reflection of poor management. I would recommend this place if you want to have a beer or cocktail inside or outside on a warm night. But, don't bother with the food. The service and experience will be a real turn-off.Special Features: