Cinco Mexican Cantina - Alpharetta
5206 McGinnis Ferry Road
Alpharetta, GA 30005Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Alpharetta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cincorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 6782979800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Because we make everything fresh at Cinco, we can customize any menu to make your special occasion. Arrangements can be made for all your beverage needs. All inquiries about our catering service may be directed to Scott Jordan.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining available.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jordan 4045422152
- Entertainment: We offer live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Cinco Mexican Cantina - Alpharetta
We are Mexican food with an attitude! We are a place where you can enjoy great upscale Mexican cuisine in a casual, yet highly sophisticated environment. The food and décor set the tone, in both quality and vibrant presentation. While taste is of the utmost importance, we believe that the ambience is welcoming due to the live music and friendly staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Alpharetta reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- PDillonPattyDined on 6/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Took my boyfriend who lives of town for his birthday. This was his choice. Live music was wonderful and the waitress was amazing. This food is so different from other Mexican restaurants.Special Features:
- bossladyVIPDined on 6/2/2014Shrimp salad was awesome. The shrimp was cooked just right and the salad was rich in flavor and color.Special Features:
- Cinco'sDateNightReviewsDined on 5/30/2014We were really looking forward to our date night at Cinco's. We had not been there for at least a year. It was disappointing to see that it looked a little old and run down. The paintings on the wall were crooked, the chairs were beat up, the floor was sticky, the waiters were poorly dressed, the hostess was outside on the bench smoking... the ambience was not all that great. We would say the food was still good however; my salmon salad and my husband's fajitas turned out fine. Just wish they cared like it seemed they used to.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Cinco Mexican Cantina - Alpharetta reviews archive.
- Not goodAcjvVIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was sub-standard, and the service was not great. Our food did not taste good, and the waiter was uninterested.
- Used to be greatzoopDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant fit near the top of my favorite fancy Mexican places. But it's gone down-hill. Hardly anyone there for Saturday night of Cinco de Mayo weekend. The guitarist was ear-splittingly loud and the service was bad. One of the worst things they can do is wait forever to bring your appetizer (guac) until about 2 min after your entrees come. Ugh.
- Great Mexican fare, can be loud.audiomxrDined on 4/19/2014The food was great as usual, but the live music was too loud. Luckily we were seated in the restaurant all the way in bye opposite corner, so we're OK. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While we enjoy take out oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014While we enjoy take out often the last few times we went there the service has been horrible-incompetent servers, slow service. I can't recommend this place anymore.Special Features:
- We love this family friendlykateVIPDined on 3/13/2014We love this family friendly spot on week nights, and love it as a couple out on weekends; Conner is the best server in town, and makes the event memorable, for he charms us with his impeccable service and good cheer.Special Features:
- fading qualityBeyonceVIPDined on 3/8/2014When Cinco first opened, we were regulars. Although the décor has been upgraded (the atmosphere is truly beautiful), everything else has gone downhill. The past few times, the meat has overcooked and I've had to ask for things that should have been brought out with the meal. The white wine / butter sauce that comes with the fajitas used to be amazing. Now, it's bland, and they don't put nearly as much wine/sherry in it. We haven't quite given up on Cinco, but we're close. Really hoping the quality returns. This area needs quality Mexican food, and it would be a shame to lose Cinco.
- Group LuncheonJM25Dined on 2/19/2014We had planned a group luncheon at Cinco's for 6 - but 7 attended. I used OpenTable to adjust the reservation and everything was perfect when we arrived. We were on a tight time line and the service was very accomendating -- even with all the separate checks and people paying for friends lunch. I don't know if I could have kept it straight. But they did and was happy to do it too. I would love to go back - after work hours - and have a magarita and not be so rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V DayBobKausDined on 2/14/2014Made reservation for Valentines Day...great service...great accoustic live band....great food.....fun ambience.....coming again.Special Features:
- Great MenuDinnerfolksDined on 1/4/2014Very nice place. Mexican with an attitude is a great description. Very different Mexican menu. The food was outstanding. Please open one in the Dunwoody or in town area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJonesinatorDined on 12/27/2013The food and service were great. A band on Friday night had it a little loud but it's a Friday night so to be expected. They do a great job here. Just ought to get Bohemia beer on their list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This used to one of my favorites,LC03VIPDined on 10/11/2013This used to one of my favorites, but unfortunately the quality has really gone down and the service is even worse. on the last visit, our waiter strong-armed me into ordering "the special fish" ("with only 2 servings left). I should have trusted my better judgement that something wasn't right when they were out of their "special" at 7p on a Fri night in a 1/2 empty place. When it came out, I felt like I was on a hidden camera of "Kitchen Nightmares". It was a soggy mess of wet tortillas and aggressive seasoning to disguise the quality of the over-cooked fish. When I tried to send it back, the waiter insulted me with "well I guess you don't like spicy food" - to which I replied, no - "I just don't like bad food". Won't be going back!
- Better than before!GregVIPDined on 9/21/2013We use to frequent Cinco's Suwanee restaurant, but over the past year and a half, the quality of food had dropped, as did the portion sizes. So we decided to try the Alpharetta location. After visiting there these past two weeks, we find the food back to the top-notch level we had experienced when we started eating at Cinco's. Flavorful, well prepared, great presentation, and nice portions. The staff is great. We met the manager the first night there when he came by our table to introduce himself. His assistant manager is a rock star. The only negative is that we end up waiting 5-10 minutes after being seated before a server comes to the table. Usually, chips and salsa land on the table within a minute of seating, but not this time.Special Features:
- Not just run of the mill Mexican.AitchDined on 9/20/2013Menu has a good variety of items, not only what you would typically find in a Mexican restaurant. The special was Mahi mahi with a mango pepper salsa on cilantro rice, with veggies in a light tomato sauce. Very tasty. Fish portion was generous for the price. Only thing that bothered me was that after the band started playing, we had to raise our voices to be heard across the table. Without that I would have given the Ambience 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averagedab5519Dined on 7/18/2013There's nothing exciting about Cinco. It's just an average chain restaurant with average food.
- Always a Good TimeDebbieGVIPDined on 5/4/2013Our group enjoyed steak fajitas, burritos, and the salmon salad. Every dish was delicious. Cinco's is consistent when cooking their menu items and we have never been disappointed. The margaritas are very refreshing and I would recommend trying each of the choices on their menu ... but not all in one night. The restaurant has live music often and the musicians are worth hearing. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysBeyonceVIPDined on 4/10/2013Fabulous as always. So thankful this place is so close to us.Special Features:
- It was okay but I would notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013It was okay but I would not go back for the brunch. There was not a great selection of food.
- The Guacamole was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013The Guacamole was extremely salty. My employees did not say anything, they just ate it. I finally had a bite and realized and complained. The waiter told us that since the avocados were under ripe he added more salt. When I say salty - I mean unedible salty. We were there quite a while. The drinks were left unfilled when he did fill the drinks upon request the sweet tea's had zero ice in them At one point two of my employees asked for tea. He brought the pitcher. One asked for a new glass and ice. Instead of bringing two out he only brought one and filled the other glass without ice. This made no sense. He wasn't a bad waiter. He just wasn't a good one. He isn't in tune with what makes a customer comfortable.
- How can a Mexican place getrtpivVIPDined on 2/14/2013How can a Mexican place get a check for "special occasion"? It is that good and that unique. Everything is freshly prepared and it's just not the same stuff that comes off the same truck as the other Mexican places. You can get the traditional dishes or try some Tex-Mex inspired creations. Absolutely one of our favorite places to go.Special Features:
- Yes, it's fit for foodiesrtpivVIPDined on 2/2/2013Yes, it is a Mexican place fit for foodies. Innovative Tex-Mex, good drinks in an upscale setting, but at reasonable prices. It's become our go-too place.Special Features:
- Our favorite Friday nightrtpivVIPDined on 1/11/2013Our favorite Friday night spot. Great, freshly prepared food in a trendy setting. Live entertainment on the weekends.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)rtpivVIPDined on 12/31/2012Freshly prepared traditional and gourmet Tex-Mex. One of our favorite Mexican places in all of Metro Atlanta. Nice décor, delicious food, and good service.Special Features:
- tamarind shrimp is a must!BeyonceVIPDined on 12/31/2012Everything on this menu is sooo good! This time I tried the tamarind shrimp, and it was excellent! Normally, I would NEVER order seafood at a Mexican restaurant, but Cinco is uniquely excellent. You can trust them to cook your seafood correctly and wiht amazing flavor.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding foodrtpivVIPDined on 12/23/2012Consistently outstanding food. Not your typical Tex-Mex, but it doesn't stray too far from its roots and they throw in some innovative dishes for good measure. Service can be a little ragged sometimes, but the food and atmosphere easily overcome that.Special Features:
- One of Atlanta's best Tex-MexrtpivVIPDined on 11/23/2012Cinco's menu ranges from traditional tacos, enchiladas, etc. to some very interesting gourmet dishes. Absolutely one of the best Tex-Mex dining experiences in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Tex-Mex with a Gourmet TwistrtpivVIPDined on 10/5/2012Cinco really does it well. The decor is very trendy, upscale yet casual. They have a wide variety of tacos, enchiladas and burritos, but also choices of adventurous go unmet dishes. My wife had very good grilled soft tacos while I had a dish called Pollo Pakal. Pollo Pakal was a layer of chicken chipotle peppers, shells, with a cream corn sauce. Outstanding. The frozen margarita with sangria swirl is worth the trip alone. The bar has a long, communal table in the center for large groups. They have live music on Friday nights. Cinco is one of the best Mexican options in all of Atlanta.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012Fantastic food and sevice! Thank you OpenTable! My husband had business associates in town and I found Cinco on OpenTable (first time OpenTable user) and I made reservations for 6 at 9pm during the week. The restaurant was a bit quiet (probably due to us dinning late), but the bar seemed to be having fun. The service was outstanding...attentive, knowledgable, and not pushy. The men had some Mexican beer, and us ladies enjoyed a scrumptious drink they call a Paloma (Tequila, OJ, soda, and yum)...you gotta try it! The made to order guacamole is the best Ive ever had. Fajitas are great, but the Pollo Pak is the best dish ever! Very creative....I cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday OfferAmandaVIPDined on 8/28/2012I went to Cinco's to redeem my free birthday dinner that they had sent me via email. I ordered a cheesedip with jalepenos, a Paloma Margarita, and the braised beef enchiladas. Everything was very good and the staff was very attentive. I will be returning soon.Special Features:
- We have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012We have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed the food. The menu has a lot of variety. Typically the service is great, however, on this particular night the server wasnt around a lot after our food was served. We would have spent a lot more on drinks if he had! We did have to flag him down a few times. This is not the norm for this restaurant and I would definately go backSpecial Features:
- Not your standard Tex-MexrtpivVIPDined on 7/27/2012One of our regular Friday night spots. There is so much variation on the menu, we can try one of the gourmet dishes or go with the standard Tex-Mex fare. Service had been lagging a bit lately, but Savannah did a great job Friday night.Special Features:
- A usual dinner place!REview1Dined on 7/27/2012Cinco's is a staple in our list of dinner joints. Be sure to get the fresh guacamole! Steaks, salads, and the fish tacos are pretty good.Special Features:
- Not your average Mexican foodrtpivVIPDined on 7/13/2012Always the best food. Not your average Mexican menu. Very innovative menu items.Special Features:
- Good, solid innovative Tex-MexrtpivVIPDined on 6/22/2012Good, solid innovative Tex-Mex food. The smoked chipotle salsa and chips with a frozen "swirl" drink get you off to a great start. My wife always gets the top-notch chicken fajitas while I like to explore the menu. I go from the usual fried chicken or fried fish soft tacos to the short rib enchiladas to the very interesting grilled chicken dishes with wonderful sauces. This place is for the adventurous or the person who likes the basics. Both will leave happy. The service lately seems to be by younger, inexperienced waiters than in the past, who lack knowledge of the menu and could coordinate service a bit better. That's my only negative on an otherwise great dinner.Special Features:
- Cinco is a unique MexicanrtpivVIPDined on 5/18/2012Cinco is a unique Mexican restaurant with upscale decor and a great menu. There are three or four of them scattered around in the northern Atlanta suburbs. They have all kinds of tacos, enchiladas and burritos, plus some really innovative, gourmet dishes. Their salsa and chips are some of the best I have ever had. Cinco is the place to go for a nice dinner, good drinks, and live entertainment on the weekends and not break the bank in the process. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- When we read the descriptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012When we read the description we expected an omelet station and waffle bar as part of the buffet - instead, there were fixed items on a buffet menu. An OK experience - they have done better in the past.
- Awesome chips, charred salsaChuckDined on 5/12/2012Awesome chips, charred salsa and guacamole. Love the salmon over potato dish. Cool and modern design for the burbs.
- Had reservations and whenTlb023VIPDined on 5/5/2012Had reservations and when we showed up they said "we werent taking reservations today" (it was Cinco de Mayo) I DID have a reservation though- this happend to the lady in front of me too. THey werent apologetic and didnt offer any sort of drink, app, or even FREE chips and salsa why we waited. They wouldnt tell me how long it would be but said I was 47th on the list for a table. It was chaotic and they had no good system in place to seat people, they would just walk up and say- are you the "Robinsons" "Jones" etc and it would take them a good 10 minutes or more to find the people they were trying to seat as well. I had a friend in town and it was embarassing, we waited over an hour and half to get a table despite having a reservatioSpecial Features: