Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill
2851 Akers Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cincorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7709525550x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday; 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Because we make everything fresh at Cinco, we can customize any menu to make your special occasion. Arrangements can be made for all your beverage needs. If you have any questions please call Scott Jordan Catering Sales Manager at 404.542.2152.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private and semi-private dining available.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jordan 4045422152x
- Entertainment: We offer live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Special Events: We can create any type of Special Event from Corporate, Private or Social. No event to small so whatever your needs just call us.
Scott Jordan Catering Sales Manager at 404.542.2152
A word from Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill
We are Mexican food with an attitude! We are a place where you can enjoy great upscale Mexican cuisine in a casual, yet highly sophisticated environment. The food and décor set the tone, in both quality and vibrant presentation. While taste is of the utmost importance, we believe that the ambience is welcoming due to the live music and friendly staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We love Cinco!! YUM!!JAACHAVIPDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had dinner again on Friday night at Cinco. We LOVE to go there! Ava and her staff treat us like family and the food is so delicious. We always have the tuna appetizer and it's divine! We can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Bad fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014When we ordered entrees we asked about the fish in fish tacos. Server recommended the fish be grilled rather than fried. When the fish came it was bad, old. We complained to the server and he removed the dish and asked about ordering alternatives, which we did. Manager came to our table told us the fish was taken off our bill and asked specifically about the fish. Manager said he "knew fish" and would check the renaming fish. They apologized and did not charge us for the fish. But it is clear they did not know the fish was bad and no one checked before it was cooked and served. The smell of this stuff cooking must have been awful, yet it still ended up on a plate. The rest of our food was fine. Just do not order the fish here,Special Features:
- ChuckATLDinerDined on 9/24/2014had a reservation for six, they were ready when we got there. Service was quick and friendly. Good drinks. The only suggestion I woul have for the dinner menu would be to ad an a-a-carte option for tacos. The way it is now, the menu requires you order all steak, or all pork, etc. but overall Cinco is very consistent. We will be back.Special Features:
- servicecrvmerite1Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great server and he accommodated our every need. made the experience beyond worth wild. Will return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CincoJC429VIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service. Food was quick and very good. Manager came by and asked how everything was.Special Features:
- Always goodFavathomeVIPDined on 9/12/2014We frequent Cinco and Rene is our favorite server. Gluten free menu available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchMichaelDined on 9/7/2014Large and diverse offerings made this a true brunch with multiple breakfast and lunch options ranging from classic choices to themed options. Service was great and ambiance was the right mix of comfortable and classy.Special Features:
- Great MealStuyDined on 8/3/2014Always enjoy a great meal here, no exception this timeSpecial Features:
- Great Grilled Shrimp SaladAlanMVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food and service, along with reasonable prices and attractive decor. Delicious and large $5.00 frozen margaritas are a real bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Poor ServiceIntownGinnyVIPDined on 7/28/2014I come here at least once a week for lunch. I love the menu. Kitchen is fast. The service is always terrible. Slow refills. Slow to add items to an order (asking for sour cream after food arrives, etc.) They have a great upstairs patio.Special Features:
- Great foodDinnerfolksDined on 7/19/2014The menu at Cinco is very creative and different from your typical Mexican. Everyone's food was really good. The only exception was the guacamole. I have had it before when it was great but this time it was just OK - not as chunky, not as zippy. The service was not great. Our waitress was very nice and friendly, but she was so inexperienced, she should not have been on the floor by herself. She did not know what the main ingredient was in several drinks, she couldn't answer questions about menu items. Timing was terrible - we had not even sat down, and when she asked us what we wanted to drink. We didn't even have a menu! With food this creative and this good, you would do well to train the staff better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!JAACHAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We so love going to Cinco! Always good food, good service and a great price!! Ava and her staff make us feel as if we're at our "club!"Special Features:
- Underwhelmed By FoodtpatlantaVIPDined on 7/14/2014This is my fourth trip to this location for lunch. I imagine this is great place to get after work drinks or spend an evening with friends, but the food is just not great. It is tough to pay these prices for mediocre mexican food.Special Features:
- A great version of Mexican favsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014A great restaurant with cheerful, friendly staff and a menu of familiar, yet unique, Mexican favorites. Plus, have been there with grandkids and friends with special dietary or allergy needs and have found them extraordinarily accommodating.Special Features:
- Group lunch disappointmentNearbyDined on 7/9/2014I eat here often and took a group of 6 earlier this week for lunch with a reserved table. It was very disappointing, mainly due to the poor service. She brings out appetizers, but we have to ask for small plates. She refreshes glasses of water and tea, but no ice. It's a shame when the discussion at a business lunch is more about the service than the business at hand.
- Out and in with a BANG!love5VIPDined on 7/6/2014Our family sat outside for lunch this past Sunday. Lovely setting and good service. While the queso was nothing to write home about (VERY stringy), the rest of our food was very good. During our meal, there were SEVERAL servers and wait staff that would come outside through the outdoor dining space to then go out the side gate (likely to smoke, take a break, whatever). Almost everytime (one gentleman was an exception) would BANG the gate behind them...going in and out. Service and customer-orientation should not stop when you go on break...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014I went to Cinco for brunch for the first time and it was great. It's true brunch, offering both lunch foods and breakfast foods, in a buffet setting. They have bottomless mimosas as well. Finally, to top it off, we sat at the bar and the bartender was great!Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Cinco Mexican Cantina - Akers Mill reviews archive.
- I always have a great time here. RRRhondaspicksDined on 6/23/2014Food, fun, and drinks are always good here. I love this place no more what the occasion. I will be bringing a friend here for a romantic dinner in the near future. I had previously taken him before and he has asked that we come back here again. He loves the food, the lighting, and the drinks. His favorite so far has been the fajitas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good visitvanilla33VIPDined on 6/21/2014Have been often, food, service & value always good. best dip in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRhondaspicksDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant was the ultimate experience...great food, wine, and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DarcyMVIPDined on 6/17/2014Delicious food, and wonderful service. I'm really mad at myself for not remembering the server's name. Young man was perfect. Not too much attention where you're annoyed and yet never had to look for him when we needed something. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small portionsViningsladyDined on 6/17/2014I've always had dinner at Cinco's but never lunch. Decided to take my friend there for lunch, for her birthday. Was a little embarrassed that the portions were so small. Food was delicious, but not enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2014Affordable lunch prices and well suited for business. The roof top patio is great for evening drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco's Akers MilldbhcluVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great spot for a quick bite before a Cobb Energy Center performance. Good food and service. Server Gregg was very friendly and efficient. Quite crowded on a Saturday, but that was to be expected.Special Features:
- Review CincoBeautiesDined on 6/14/2014The Sangria, the food and service were all excellent. The guacamole was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch TimeSmyrnaGuyDined on 6/8/2014The brunch has a great selection of items and the price is excellent. If you are planning to imbibe, you should be aware that drinks can not be served before 12:30pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GranDined on 5/21/2014Every order was too spicy for me and my friends. I would recommend this restaurant as it is pretty and don't feel like you're eating with a place filled with kids. I would just let them be aware of the food being spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialDavidDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant service was fair. The waiter needs to find another line of work. On a good note, the upstairs bar was excellent in terms of drinks and service. Not sure that I will return.Special Features:
- InconsistentdrlouieDined on 5/17/2014We have eaten at Cinco in the past--drinks, food, service were wonderful. This visit was mediocre at best. The drinks were incorrect. When I questioned the drinks our server stated "Oh, you don't want them?" and was about to walk away without a solution. We called the manager over and he was helpful getting the drink order fixed. My friend and I ordered the Taco Salad. It was apparent they mixed both salads at the same time. When they plated them, one salad had all the ingredients and my salad was nothing more than a pile of lettuce. Our server was useless. We had to ask other personnel for help refilling our salsa, drinks, etc. There is a quality/consistency issue with service and food; cannot predict what you will get.
- Great Brunch at a good priceMariettagirlDined on 5/11/2014My family & I have eaten brunch numerous times over the years and has consistantly been a great selection and very tastey. Mother's Day was no exception. It was a bit louder than normal, but the service was superb and the fact that we had reservations made seating swift, with no waiting. We enjoyed every minute of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014Went for dinner with the family on a Sunday evening. Had reservations but still had to wait, sat down and our drink order was taken, water and 2 drinks and guacamole. Chips and salsa came quickly. 10 minutes later no water no drinks no gauc, so I went looking for the waiter and I think he forgot us but soon after he brought the drinks. Next we ordered dinner I had the Plata Maya which is supposed to have a taco a chulupa and an enchilada, however the chulupa was missing, when told the manager he did not believe me, so rtaher than agrgue with him I will let others know about the POOR service at the top not the waiter but management train their people better. Maybe it was a new guy or a bad night but it is not acceptableSpecial Features:
- Early Cinco de MayoFoodieDined on 4/28/2014We had clients in town and took them to Cinco for dinner. The food and service was well worth the short wait that we had. The staff was very attentive to our needs and was sure to check on us regularly. The was great. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Cool interior-fresh Mexican foodGatorcornDined on 4/24/2014Best guac ever! The interior was clean and contemporary. Plenty of space between tables. Looked like a nice covered patio area, but we sat inside. Very noisy though-due to interior design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!JAACHAVIPDined on 4/20/2014We love Cinco! Always great food and great service!Special Features:
- Great Easter brunch!!Foodreview4youDined on 4/20/2014I was amazed at the offerings for the special Easter brunch. Only bad thing was that Cobb County doesn't serve alcohol on Sundays untill12:30, and we were there at 11. :( But great food, good price, especially for a holiday. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeStuyDined on 4/16/2014Waiter was great, food delicious great place to eatSpecial Features:
- Doughy Enchiladas!DisappointedDined on 4/14/2014My girlfriends and I were celebratimg a birthday at Cincos and although the sevice was great, the food lacked a bit. I ordered the shrimp enchiladas at the recommendation of our waiter but I was very disappointed with their consistency. It was like I was eating undercooked mushy dough. The shrimp were very small and pretty tastless. I had asked the waiter for no cilantro and the entree came with it. Not a good pick for me but my friends were satisfied with their meal.Special Features:
- awesome servicewe8hereDined on 4/4/2014Ok, wifey and I went to Cinco for the first time on a Friday night. It was packed but with the reservation we went straight in to our table. This is one place were the food and drinks came out so fast I couldn't believe it. We ere so happy with the service and the food was great as well. Except for the dip but we changed it for the cheese dip and everything was great after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical TexMexBBQerVIPDined on 3/22/2014Cinco's is a local chain of TexMex resetaurants in ATL. Their food isn't bad, and food prices are probably a little above normal. Margaritas are tasty, but a little expensive as well. While not terrible, one could probably do better as well.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014My husband and I went to Cinco before an event at the Cobb Energy Center. The waiter asked us if we were about to see a show, so he could get the food order in in time for us. Very good! Everything came out quickly, food was good and then we just strolled over :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.