Cincinnati Dinner Train
4725 Madison Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45227Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Cincinnati Dinner Train
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cincinnatidinnertrain.com/
- Phone: 5137917245x
- Hours of Operation:
Departs Saturday at 6pm for a 3 hour train ride. See SPECIAL EVENTS on our website for travel dates other than Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Bill Hoeffer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Please leave your dinner entree choice and dessert choice for each member of your dinner party in the SPECIAL REQUEST section when making your online reservation. Your credit card will be charged one week prior to your event as to have your boarding ticket(s) available at will call the evening of.
- Private Party Facilities: The Cincinnati Dinner Train will be available for special group charters Sunday - Friday.
Groups from 40 to 128 can charter the Dinner Train for their own dining rail adventure.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy or Vicky 5137917245x
- Entertainment: Our Entertainment Conductor points out historic sites along the route.
- Special Events: The Murder Mystery Company and the Cincinnati Dinner Train presents a MURDER MYSTERY train ride April 26, 2014 at 6:00pm. Tickets are $110.35 per person and includes the three hour train ride, a four course dinner, and an interactive on-board performance by The Murder Mystery Company. Buy your ticket and help us solve the mystery! Call for more details .... 513-791-7245
A word from Cincinnati Dinner Train
The Cincinnati Dinner Train runs every Saturday night, departing PROMPTLY at 6:00pm from the BBQ Revue, 4725 Madison Rd. Passengers can begin boarding at 5:00pm. The train ride is 3 hours. Dining passengers will be served a four course meal, with choice of hickory smoked prime rib, salmon with spicy hoisin glaze, or boneless chicken breast sautéed in white wine sauce. A vegetarian entree is also available. We seat four passengers to each table in the fashion of the 1940s. A party of 2 will be sitting with another couple, unless you purchase a 3rd ticket to guarantee your party of 2 sits at a table just yourselves. Everyone will have their own window in one of our three dining cars. Large restrooms are available as well as the Queen City Tavern or the Silver Sword for before and after dinner drinks. Ticket prices are $79.95, gratuity not included. Ales on Rail ticket price is $49.95 - first Saturday of the month. Coach tickets are $29.95 the other Saturdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cincinnati Dinner Train reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Cincinnati dinner trainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Nice evening for a special event. Food service very good. The owner told five very interesting stories about the history of the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cincinnati Dinner TrainKittyKatDined on 4/26/2014We joined another couple (long time friends) to do the Murder Mystery evening on the Cincinnati Dinner Train. This is a "one of a kind" event! The evening was absolutely fabulous! We had so much fun! The ambience was first class - lovely - the seating comfortable and food was very good. The service was top rate and the professional staff did an amazing job of getting everyone involved. This is a great value and excellent way to spend a wonderful evening with another couple you know or even one you don't yet know! Four is a perfect number as the tables are all set for four.Special Features:
- Birthday Surprise!OldmanDined on 3/8/2014What a great surprise. Being a RR fan for years I've often thought about dining on the Ky Dinner Train we didn't realize there was one here in Cinti area. Everything was GREAT with two exceptions. (l) My Prime Rib was cold. (2) The trash along side the tracks was very distracting from the overall experience. I read the explanation on the back of the ticket concerning the trash and litter but feel your could hire teenagers and drop a couple off each mile of the trip with trash bags and pick them and the full bags up on the return trip. The expense would be well worth the cost. Other than that the whole experience was outstanding and will probably be back on other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first anniversarybeckynjoshDined on 3/1/2014I wanted something special and vintage (like our 1940 themed wedding) This was perfect even down to the big bang playing over tthe speakers! Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traindjvASKEDined on 3/1/2014It was very nice. I would definetly go when it gets dark early. ROMANTICSpecial Features:
- Perfectyumchi2Dined on 2/22/2014We went for a Valentines Day/ Birthday dinner. Expensive but worth it. Very romantic, clean, and overall a great experience. A very unique dining experience. I would love to do this again. And the food waa delicious and drink fairly priced..and strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Train RideChanelleDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I did the Cincinnati Dinner Train for Valentine's Day. The staff was extremely attentive. They brought drinks to our table so we didn't even need to walk to the bar car except for the pleasure of checking it out. Although the menu was limited, the food was very good. It was a unique experience so if you are looking for something different, I highly recommend the Dinner Train!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutRuthMarieDined on 2/15/2014I'm from the Dayton area and once a month the girls go out to dinner. It was my turn to find someplace fun and different. I found the Cincinnati Dinner Train on google and decided to make a reservation for our group of 8. We were not disappointed. The food was fantastic. Service was great. The owner took our group on a tour of his private car. Boy was it beautiful. Thanks for making our evening enjoyable. Definately worth the drive down from Dayton. Next time we will bring our husbands!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outCaseDined on 2/15/2014Ours was the beginning of a romance?...couldn't ask for a better night. Even if it doesn't work out it was a great memory and yes I would do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner trainRichardDined on 2/15/2014I did not say anything during the trip, but the servers did not care one bit after we first arrived and said we didn't want any alcoholic drinks. Since we do not drink! They didn't say one word to us afterwards I'm assuming because those drinks had to do with tipping them! They did not ask once how we were doing, my steak was awful! The only thing actually they ask was what we ordered which we told them several times in the first place. Everything said the trip was nice. I wish the service was more friendly and the good was better.Special Features:
- Cinti Dinner Train is truely uniqueJamesDined on 2/14/2014Celebrated my wife's 40th birthday on board the Dinner Train. The prime rib and chicken was excellent. We became fast friends with our table mates. Would definately come back again to experience dinner in one of their other two dining cars. The staff was great! Thank you Cincinnati Dinner Train for the wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic staff!HeidiDined on 2/14/2014Unfortunately the train was unable to make the trip. The staff were very apologetic and we were offered a full refund/rebooking an other date and given 2 additional free tickets to use.I would recommend this to a friend.
- canceled due to weatherdisappointedDined on 2/14/2014My friend and I were there and waited until 8:00 that evening and was told that the train was trying to get there but may not be able to make it due to the bad weather. We were told by Ed the conductor that if we had to leave we would be able to reschedule our reservation and also get two more tickets free of charge. We did leave to go eat somewhere else as we had not eaten all day. I have been on the train several times but my friend has not and was very disappointed that the train was canceled. I work 12 hour shifts every Friday, Saturday and Sunday and have to take off work to schedule the train ride but will have to get with my friend to see when we will be able to reschedule. We definitely want to try again.
- Romantic evening outScottDined on 2/9/2014I rode the Cincinnati Dinner train for my 3rd time. It was a very special occasion so I was offered a two top private table for the cost of one extra ticket. I ponied up the extra bucks and actually leased their private car for my special night. The staff made my evening absolutely perfect. The Oliver Hazard Perry private car was well worth the extra cost. Our food was great as was our drink selection. In support of the dinner train people, in keeping with the 1940s atmosphere, dining cars of that era always had 4 top tables. I think it is great they are able to offer a few two tops and the various options being the ability to buy an extra ticket or to lease the private car. The dinner train is the best kept secret in Cincinnati, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time on the dinner trainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Our family was visiting Cincinnati, so while we were there we went on the dinner train. We had a fantastic time and would recommend it as a family outing. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's b'dayBdaymamaDined on 12/28/2013Enjoyed the dinner train experience with my husband and 2 kids. The noise level was such that we were able to enjoy our table conversation and hear faint 40's big band music. The servers were friendly and the conductor was personable and knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantingNurseJackieDined on 12/28/2013My husband enjoyed this unique experience of sharing a lovely evening of good company, food, ambience aboard this enchanting train. With the lighted garland still hung it was like the adult version of the 'Polar Express'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner trainAwesomeDined on 12/28/2013This was something different to do. There was not much to see during the ride at dinner time as it was dark outside. The history and provided and tour of the cars were good. The food was okay, nothing spectacular. Drink prices were reasonable and the staff was friendly. Was a nice evening out, but we would not return.Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceBigeaterDined on 12/21/2013A good friend and I took the dinner train for our Christmas get-together. Loved the conductor. Enjoyed the food. Wish there were more tables for two. Otherwise, a lovely trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dinner Train ExperienceStephenDined on 12/21/2013The Dinner Train is exactly what it claims to be: dinner on a train! The train moves slowly enough for you to feel like you're moving, but only just barely. The pacing of the meal works with the pace of the train, even if it is a bit of a long three hours. The staff was all smiles which made a softer ambient place even more pleasant. For a three hour train tour as well as a full dinner, the price is pretty reasonable. I'd recommend it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onceuponatimetriedanewideaDined on 12/14/2013Felt the trip was good but would have been better in the summer as we could see very little. Thought it would have been better to see more of downtown Cincinnati but realize that probably would not be feasable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Train RideHanaDined on 12/7/2013The Cincinnati Dinner Train was my first time on a train. The ambiance in our dining car was warm lively and festive. Dinner was very good. All the staff were friendly attentive and professional. I would definitely recommend the Cincinnati Dinner Train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cincinnati dinner trainAnnSDined on 11/23/2013What a find. I love riding the train and combined with the scenery and the lovely dinner, this is a treasure. The food was excellent and the service was very friendly. I look forward to ding this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomesswaternDined on 11/16/2013My wife and I really enjoyed the meal train and will be back with my father as he loves trains and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencejlgelfDined on 11/16/2013While tables for 4 are not my cup of tea for a romantic dinner with my fiancée, we truly enjoyed our experience. It was something he and I wanted to do for a long time and were not disappointed. Next time, however, we will go in the summer when we can see more (we went Nov 16). The food was hot, drink service was a tad slow, and my fiancée had to wait for his coffee for an extremely long time. The noise level was through the roof and since he and I are a little hard of hearing, it was difficult to speak much to each other. We were kept well informed of where we were and the history which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTraingirlDined on 11/9/2013Very much enjoyed our unique dining experience. Would like to go again in the summer when days are longer so we could enjoy the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceJasonVIPDined on 11/9/2013The dinner train experience and the service was fantastic! The staff are friendly and we enjoyed the historical value and history lesson they shared with everyone. Food was good, but not outstanding. We were there for the experience and good food - we got both, so we're already planning a return. We want to experience a day trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeTshockDined on 11/9/2013I surprised my husband for his birthday/anniversary present and we pulled into the BBQ restaurant parking lot and he asked "We going to a BBQ joint?" And then he turned around and asked "Are you takin me on a train?" And I said "Yes, I am". We both had a great time and a lot of people have been inquiring about the experience. Hopefully we have provided additional business. Thanks again for the great time and we'll have to come back again when it's lighter longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Train ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013One of the best date dinners I have ever went to. I did it at night, I think the only thing better would be to do it in the daylight hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good idea but needs tweakingAlexDined on 11/9/2013Loved the idea of a romantic dinner train experience, but that is not what thus ended up being. The dinner train tries to make as much profit as possible by seating 2 couples to a table. The only way to have a dinner with just you and your special someone is to buy a 3rd seat and this will guarantee you a table for yourself. The bar on the train was pathetic, they made horrible cocktails, the bartender clearly had no idea what he was doing. The food was fine but there is certainly room for improvement. I felt the portions could have been larger and the choices could have bit more expansive. Beyond all that it was a neat experience, but not a good choice for a romantic evening more so just for a different evening out.
- Scenic to and fromJennDined on 10/19/2013The train ride was beautiful in the daylight on the trip to Cincinnati, and it was equally fascinating with the lighted cityscape as we were leaving Cincinnati. The food was delicious to match the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Train RideMaggieDined on 10/19/2013I was all very nice. The Guide was hard to hear. You need louder speakers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Disappointed with routejwatt1970Dined on 10/12/2013While the service, atmosphere and staff were incredible, my fiance and I were disappointed in the fact that the train could not complete it's normal route, due to a 17-car gravel train being stuck on the tracks near the river. This was our third anniversary and the dinner train was a surprise to my fiance. The night was supposed to be capped off by the scenery near the river, but the train never made it that far. We still had a wonderful time, and would recommend this to all of our friends. As a matter of fact, we discussed taking her parents on the train for their anniversary as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NostalgicMetroDined on 10/12/2013Loved the food, the service and the nostalgic train but...... our ride was diverted away from the river due to other rail cars on the track so while the train was always moving it did not take the route described in the brochure. Due to the time of year (mid October) It became dark an hour after we left our departure point at Bar BQ Revue. I would recommend going in the summer when it stays light out until 9 Three in our party ordered prime rib and chocolate pecan pie and one ordered salmon and cheesecake - all were served to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatPaulDined on 10/5/2013We may give the train a second chance, but the night we took the train was humid and rainy. The power car was not working so we had no lights and no AC. It was less than comfortable given the situation and while low light can be romantic, no light is very difficult to work with. The staff was top notch, the servers did their best to make things as pleasant as possible, and the food was very good. It is unfortunate that the situation with the power had to take away from the overall experience. It would have been nice if the restaurant had offered a small discount to ride the train again in the future instead of just telling us it is not always this way and asking us to provide good word of mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to go?PatandCharlesDined on 9/21/2013Loved it. My boyfriend enjoyed his birthday dinner and have not stopped talking about it to everyone. All of our friends are asking for the information. My facebook family has sent me 22 messages asking me for information in just one day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunKMCEDined on 9/21/2013The experience was a fun one and the train itself was very nice. Loved the bar car and the "open" lounge car. The food was okay, but nothing special - we had the prime rib. Service was decent, too. Nothing stellar, but our needs were met generally. The alcohol selection could use some better options... I think many people come to celebrate something and would like something better than the bottom of the barrel products. We would do it again, though! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Friendly AtmosphereElderDined on 9/21/2013The food was first class. The prime rib was moist, tender and would melt in your mouth. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They were willing to do whatever they could to make your dining experience a great one. The conductor/tour guide was very knowledgeable and loved giving you information about the train as well as the city. I would recommend this to others as an enjoyable get away. The only draw back was the bush/trees were overgrown and blocked some of view/sights. Other than that it was a good outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceWonnieCDined on 9/14/2013I found the Dinner train on 9/14 to be a very wonderful experience. It was relaxing and the ambiance was exceptional. The historical notes were very well presented. Food was very good and other diners were very cordial and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Atmosphere but Food Only FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013The fact that you're eating dinner on a train was wonderful! There was a brief history throughout the train ride but nothing that was terribly intrusive to dinner conversation. The food, on the other hand, was a huge disappointment. The appetizer was simply crackers, cheese and a few grapes and celery sticks on a plate. The salad came plated with ranch drizzled all over the top. My salmon was dry but had great flavor and my husband's prime rib was dry and had no flavor. All meals came with baked potatoes wrapped in foil and canned greenbeans spruced up with some canned tomatoes. The dessert was decent but nothing exceptional. I would compare the food to something you would receive at the average retirement home.Special Features: