Cima at Pacific Palms Resort
One Industry Hills Pkwy.
City of Industry, CA 91744Neighborhood:
San Gabriel Valley
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Cima at Pacific Palms Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificpalmsresort.com/cima.html
- Phone: 6268542335
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Roger Gamboa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch: Jeff Johnson
A word from Cima at Pacific Palms Resort
A unique dining experience can be found at Cima, the area's most exciting restaurant. Guests will enjoy an eclectic menu featuring Pacific Fusion cuisine. Cima offers a lively atmosphere with impeccable service, majestic views and an expansive deck for outdoor dining. Cima is perfect for either a casual diner or corporate gathering. Whatever the occasion, reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cima at Pacific Palms Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Too expensive for mediocre foodVtecpwrDined on 8/16/2014Food selection wasn't as robust as I thought for something that costs 55 per person. Sushi selection was a joke, only one soup selection, and very common entires. The pacific palms website was pretty much false advertising for the Cima restaurant. There was no whole pig, the shrimp cocktails were a sad handful of reject shrimp that no one wanted. I've been to other buffets that offered more for around 15-20 per person. Would not be coming here again.
- Good food, served freshDarthelDined on 7/27/2014I like the place.. It's clean, spacious, classy, good ambience, nice presentation of the dishes, fresh food served & we'll prepared, delicious food..prompt service...reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bp71214Dined on 7/12/2014Food and staff are great! Great location. You can a enjoy a good nice walk before or after dinner. My friend and I really enjoyed where we were seated. We could hear each other and there's enough space between tables, no need to walk sideways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not the right placeJJEE3232Dined on 6/28/2014I spent over $300 with my family to enjoy a nice weekend dinner, food is great, but most seafood in the outside area, so we saw many fly on the top of the seafood and sushi, and no anyone to do something to keep the food clean, so we just eat the inside food only, but it will be too expensive with eating any seafood.Special Features:
- Super-BrunchGeoEsqDined on 6/15/2014Had a pair of granddads (young granddads) to treat for Father's Day Brunch and Cima is well regarded for its Saturday and Sunday buffets. We were impressed: great service, indoor and outdoor seating, an array of stations that has to be experienced - everything from the western standards (eggs, omelet station, bacon, sausage, carving station) to shucked fresh oysters and crab leg clusters, a crispy-skin roast pig, some Dim Sum and Cantonese Chinese standards - and on and on. A modest NV Domestic Bubbly, smoothies, coffee, tea, bubble tea - and then the desert stations. The view and weather were just fantastic. Kids and extended families are welcome and common.Special Features:
- Great Buffet!Rox88Dined on 5/10/2014My family enjoy dining here. The food is good and the service is great too. My son highly recommend it to his friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to get?LoveGoodFoodDined on 5/10/2014The service was great. The menu not so great. Not much more on the menu than was served at the buffet. The food was prepared well and tasted good. No complaints there. I had been trying to make reservations for nearly two years. I really wanted Mother's Day but even though I check nearly three weeks in advance there were no tables available so I settled for Saturday. The menu must be much better on special days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Cima at Pacific Palms Resort reviews archive.
- Great butbigmomDined on 5/4/2014My experience with Cima's Sunday brunch was good. Only one thing, they didn't start on time. We made appointment at 11:00am thru website and in their website said the brunch start at 10:30am When we were there at 11:00am, the restaurant was not ready. No one in the front for seat, no waiter or waitress, and food was not ready either. I was very sure it has passed 11:00am already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK. But not fit for the priceMEW2Dined on 5/3/2014The limited food selection did not worth the $55 price tag. There was barely enough seafood. There was a limit of 1/2 lobster per serving. The fruit juice or smoothie are not boxed juices. The salad in the salad bar are stale. Not too much western food selection. Just a lot of Asian food. It really not worth the money.
- Our 'go-to' restaurantPennyDined on 2/16/2014We love this restaurant. The ambiance is one of the main reasons why we come here. It's a beautiful place, spacious and not tight with tables right beside you. The food variety is very good. I can never get to try everything because I always go for my comfort foods. When there is some kind of an event to celebrate, this is the first place I suggest to go to. My kids love it there too. We like that we can eat and sit at the table for a couple hours and chat without feeling rushed to get out. We've gone there so often that we've come to know the staff now. They are so pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timepatpatDined on 2/1/2014my family and I had a great time the food was great .Special Features:
- Great Place to Meet upTommyDined on 1/25/2014This pace is a great place to meet and catch up but don't go there if you are interested in eating. Their choice is very limited even for lunch but their service is great since there is hardly anyone there.
- Great FindToothfairyDined on 1/5/2014Great brunch for the price!! Nice variety of food that is very tasty. Dining area is spread out so you don't feel cramped !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okayjoping9Dined on 1/4/2014Food was ok, although i was expecting more for what i paid. overall experience was ok. Services was outstanding!Special Features:
- Vegas Buffets can take a back seatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013Some people claim that Vegas has great Buffets.... I would say that if you enjoy Asian foods, the Saturday night buffet at this place beats any Vegas buffet. I must had about 10 lobster tails, 12 fresh blended juice (I mean mango, strawberry, guava, watermelon, pineapple-spinach, etc...), shrimp, dim-sum, sashimi, raw oysters, snow crab legs, and ... yes... deserts. I don't think any of the dishes are unique to this place but I feel that everything was well above par in quality, freshness, and taste. My only problem was that I ate so much lobster tail that I only had room for one Macaroon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for All you can eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013We went for All you can eat buffet at 8PM, Lobster was not out even not that many people there (50) . we wait for them to make more. They made so little, not enough for second round. By 8:45 they stop cooking lobsters. I just be able to get 2 lobster only even though I want to get more. No server or name tags at smoother booth, we get drink by fruit colorst. Paid $120 for 2!!!! way overpriceSpecial Features:
- Nice experienceDoudouDined on 9/8/2013Love our Sunday Brunch there. Food is great, people are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foods but for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013I have been to this restaurant before and this time to dine with my guest overseas. The foods have been more improved especially Sashimi. Other beef and pork(whole baby pork BBQ) were average and some smell...but acceptable. Guest numbers were not so many...maybe the cost per person is rather expensive. Four of us ordered 4 bottle of beers and the buffet we paid $250 including tip..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't think it's worth it.TommyDined on 7/20/2013With the food quality that they have, I don't think it's worth $50/person. Although some food are pretty good, overall the quality is only fair. I wouldn't consider go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013We have been to Cima many times. This was our third time for the East-West Buffet ahnd this was not up to the standards of the previous times we have been. We have also been to the Sunday Brunch several times and will try that again, because it has always been great. We will see what happens.Special Features:
- not what you'd expectmunch2crunchDined on 6/30/2013The Food Is Edible, But For The Price You Pay, It Should Be Way Better. It Feels Like They're Just Feeding You To Shut You Up, Like Its Something They Are Forced To Do. I Would Not Go There Again, Except Maybe Just To Hit Some Golf Balls.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceSuzKomDined on 6/23/2013Let's start with the positive. The food was delicious and fresh. The service was prompt and friendly. The variety was there for what a brunch requires, from breakfast to lunch (American style). Then there were a few items of seafood, sushi, and dim sum. All were good because they tasted recently made. The negative is the false advertisement in the menu for Sunday Brunch. There was a smoothie bar but there wasn't any whole coconut or cut fruit. Did not see the section for South of the Border and the Bread Station was lacking (only danish and muffin). In conclusion, all that was served was good but the assortment was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, OK Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013I miss the old Cima. The food is decent but not that great. Korean ribs were not even Grilled Fresh but was brought out to be heated on a warmer. they had only 1 roast pig that is gone by 7:30 and if you missed it, that's It! the peking duck was delicious. other than that, I don't think there is anything memorable. there are oysters and crab legs and lobster -so just eat that to get your money's worth. I like the smoothie section and the chocolate fountain station . They advertised paella on the menu but didn't find that in the buffet. I just like the place for the ambiance. If you have guests to impress, it's a classy place with a variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 'Go-To' placePennyDined on 6/2/2013I love the brunch at Cima. I always go there for all my special occasions and always recommend it when in a crunch. The selection of food is great and the ambiance is spectacular. My family and I usually spend at least 3-hours for brunch because the atmosphere is so relaxing and it's nice to sit and chat and head up to the buffet at our leisure. My kids love it too. The place offers free wifi which allows the kids to play on their tablets while my husband and I are deep in conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togetherAlex1970Dined on 5/25/2013The first time in February was great. This time we took my brother inlaw a total of six. I usually print my reviews on yelp. I have to say the food is bountifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The variety of offerings haveCaffeneJoltDined on 5/19/2013The variety of offerings have reduced over the years. So has the price. Years ago, we had to wait for a table on Sundays. This time, most of the tables were empty. Perhaps it's the economy. Compared to about 3 years ago, they've eliminated the fresh juice bar, the outdoor grill station and the kid's station. We were hoping to find items that we can't get in any typical breakfast place, but saw bacon, eggs & sausage, which we completely ignored. Their steamed crab legs, prime rib and sushi were all fresh and tasty. We enjoyed the low noise level and took advantage of the slow pace to enjoy our brunch. Overall, disappointed with the variety for $30. per person, but did enjoy the view, the smoothies and a leisurely brunch. Might go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceDisappointedDined on 5/18/2013We could not have been happier with Reuben, the manager and the servers. The food was excellent and the service was even better! We stayed the weekend and ate at the East meets West buffet Saturday night and had brunch Sunday morning! The snow crab and peking duck were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for Cima Asian BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Overall it was okay, but I think it used to be much better. They use to have a lot more variety. We really missed the BBQ lamb chops. We were also surprise the restaurant was not as busy like it used to be. The service was outstanding as usual. I was quite thirsty after the meal, I think it could be the msg in the lobster soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CIMA is my 'go-to' restaurantPennyDined on 4/28/2013CIMA is my 'go-to' restaurant whether I want to take my family or just having a romantic evening with my husband. The food is fantastic and the ambiance and view is excellent.Special Features:
- Marginlly better than TodaiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Marginlly better than Todai at tice the price. Just as noisy. Servers are eqully attentive. BBQ chicken was as dry as a bone.
- Perhaps not a busy day, soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Perhaps not a busy day, so the quality & quantities of the food seems below the standard, especial the lobster. Honestly, It is not worth to pay almost $50 for such poor quality lobster!Special Features:
- I paid too much for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013I paid too much for their food selection $50 a person. I should have gone to Hilton brinch at universal studio, way more selection, pasta is better so were the ribs, same price. Besides the above, service was excellent at CIMA
- East Meets West buffet isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013East Meets West buffet is perfect for those who enjoy mostly Asian styled cuisine with some American touches. Many stations with courteous staff servicing guests. Highly recommend for a better quality buffet style meal.Special Features:
- Cima has gone downhill - theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Cima has gone downhill - they only serve a small amount of lobster for the dinner buffet and once it runs out - they replaced it with "pulled lobster meat". The sushi/sashimi part - just forget it because they are like those half price discounted sushi before the supermarket closes for the day. Simply terrible. Be warned!
- The food at the brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2012The food at the brunch was good but there was a very limited variety...too much Asian food, no meat carved, no pastry table.
- For $31, it needs more variety.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2012For $31, it needs more variety. Crab was really goooood!Special Features:
- Disappointing sunday brunch....foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2012Disappointing sunday brunch....food wasn't too tasty and ran out of stuff. Ambiance was nice since by golf course.
- Food is not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012Food was not hot just warm. I would still prefer the Hilton buffet in Universal over CIMA. However, the service was great!
- Not as good as I rememberedamfhibian8VIPDined on 8/18/2012I was there a few years ago and the selections are only half of what was offered then. There use to be so much more to choose from. The crab leg and prime rib was delicious but the lobster is overlooked and thus a bit dry. I feel it's over priced. It was good but not as good as I remember because of the limited selection.
- When I made the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012When I made the reservation I made a specific note that I needed a high chair, received a phone call a few days before to confirm and I pointed out to them that I would need a high chair. When we arrived they did not have a high chair available and we had to wait until they could find one. The manager was present and over heard what was going on and did not acknowledge me at all and did not apologize to me at all. I will not go back to this place, the food is nothing out of this word.Special Features: