179 East Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cienegarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9146324000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Adriazola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Music on Thursdays.
A word from Cienega Restaurant
Cienega Restaurant is located in New Rochelle. We serve modern Latin American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLatin American
Cienega Restaurant - Best Restaurants in New Rochelle ›
Cienega Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)special occasion (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never going back!dinerDined on 9/6/2014Although we had a reservation and came on time, we waited 90 minutes for the appetizers and then another 30 minutes for the main course. Apparently there is no bartender. Someone ordered a pisco sour and it was the worst one he had ever had (No wonder since the busboy had to make it). He tried another time with even less success. The sangria was watered down by all the ice cubes in the glasses and in the pitcher. While we were waiting for our food, none of the waiting staff came to our table. One of us found piece of unidentifiable piece of hard material. It was taken to the kitchen and nothing and we were told that it might have been something that came out of a shell! All we got was "we are sorry". No other gesture was attempted.
- Never disappointsJesTVIPDined on 8/21/2014From the cheesy bread rolls warm and fresh to the desserts, the food is always great. All of the staff was warm, fun and attentive. We will continue to return and hopefully more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FoodiebordeauxDined on 7/31/2014Once again Cienega blew it out of the water! We met our friends and family for dinner and they wanted to sit outside. It was a beautiful night the service was great and Wiiliam makes a great Martini. The food is always over the top. I had the Shrimp and my husband has the steak and we both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014The food and service were excellent! it was quiet, but we were there early so it wasn't crowded. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Love it!Sandramf7Dined on 7/11/2014I went on a Friday afternoon. The restaurant had very friendly and efficient staff. It was not too crowded when I got there at 5. Love the food I ordered!Special Features:
- Family dayFamilyDined on 6/15/2014Had a great time here. Food was great. Brunch and cocktail menu was adequate. Wait time could have been less. Great place to go outside of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a Fan...KindaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We have been eating at this restaurant since it opened and, while the food is still good, the service has gone way down hill. We went there early (5:30) so we could get a movie. We were, for a time, the only diners in the place. We placed our drink order and waited....and waited...and waited. Twenty minutes later, our wine and sangria arrived. Assuming they don't stomp their own grapes, this is pretty bad. And on top of that, our friend's red wine had turned. They don't keep their reds stored in a chilled room or anything---just right out there in the bar and next to the kitchen. When we entered the restaurant it was about 85 degrees. They sooned turned on the A/C, but if the wine is heating up and cooling down every day like that.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I was on a date meeting him for the first time...I came across this restaurant over the internet as a half way meeting point since I'm from CT and he's from NYC...we both enjoyed the food, wine, atmosphere and friendly service! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Cienega Restaurant reviews archive.
- Gotta Get the Word OutConstableGalVIPDined on 5/18/2014This is a place that everyone should know about! The menu isn't run of the mill and neither is the food. The restaurant is attractive and modern, and deserves to be discovered. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceFoodieDined on 5/17/2014We made a reservation just looking for a different cuisine, and were rewarded with excellent and exciting food. Ceviches were excellent as well as the 4 main dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantjhbeckmanDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Cienega a number of times. Food is good, service is friendly and competent, and the place is nicely decorated (its locale, however, is a little on the unfortunate side: across the street from a dowdy car dealership and just north of a small strip mall). Sangria and Latin cocktails are good. On the food: generally we have found the appetizers to be more interesting than the main courses. Our family likes it. RecommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSuzicakesVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was our third time dining at Cienega. The first two times we sat at the bar and had dinner. The restaurant is pretty and has a nice vibe. The good we ordered had been good - a mixture of Latino foods. The first two times we had heavy meals. The menu isn't really suited to "light eating." This time I was going to try to eat a bit light so I ordered 2 appetizers - the quinoa kale salad and the crab cake. The salad sounded good but it was sort of several ingredients which don't go together (just my opinion, of course!) and the crab cake was so incredibly over seasoned. It was very salty and had too many other spices in it for my taste.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and flavorsNiteoutDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant was surprisingly empty for a Friday night. Our group if 4 enjoyed a pitcher of sangria, 3 delicious appetizers (loved the lagostino guacamole!) and shared 2 main courses. More than enough food for all. Fresh ingredients, creative presentations, finished off with a delicious deconstructed key lime pie. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasure to Eat HerejeffputtermanVIPDined on 5/3/2014We enjoy the food here, which is fresh, creative and delicious. And the service is as good as the food: friendly, attentive, and professional.Special Features:
- Fabulous Party for NineEandCDined on 5/3/2014We invited a group of friends here and everyone raved about the food. The dining room is very attractive and beautifully lit. The service is good. The drinks are yummy. We all had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CienegajdinerDined on 4/26/2014The food is wonderful and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The décor is modern and upbeat.Special Features:
- Fantastic food.FatBoyDined on 4/19/2014The Pernil was sublime. Skirt steak fantastic. Service excellent. Amazing bread. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, not professionald258Dined on 4/10/2014food is very good, staff is friendly but not professional. we were a party of 5. three of us ordered the rib eye, when dinner came they brought over 3 steaks, but not rib eye's. when i asked what happen they said they didn't have any rib eye's. i asks way weren't we told the waitress said they didn't tell her. this is a high end restaurant, they knew we were they only table in the house. $300.00 dinner it was insulting, for them to think we wouldn't know
- Pretty space, average foodgroupDined on 4/10/2014The restaurant is very nice but the menu is limited and expensive. Service though pleasant is weak- you need to ask for everything from additional drinks to refills to desert to the check. The prices do not reflect the quality. The only thing we really enjoyed were the appetizersSpecial Features:
- best latin foodfoodieDined on 3/28/2014Decided to go based on reviews..so happy I went. The food,service and decor was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2014Great food and service. The noise level allows for easy conversation. Nice atmosphere with the only downside being if one faces the window, they look directly at the car dealership across the Post RdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with familyChoosyDined on 3/21/2014Second time at the restaurant - again good food - solid portions but the wait staff needs to be more motivated and attentive. Ceviche was ok - empinada sampler was great and the skirt steak fantastic. Drinks were healthy and fair price wise. Service is the key to long term success or a quick exit here as ours was slow and needed prompting for most things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...magicalbeanDined on 3/6/2014The food was great, but we went on a Thursday night and it was just about empty. There were maybe 3 other tables the whole time. On the website they advertised live music on Thursdays, but that wasn't happening. We wanted a little romantic spot, but the lights were too bright for romance. Good strong sangria, and good food pulled from various latin cultures. Maybe its atmosphere is better on a Friday or Saturday? Maybe we'll fimd out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablegcminVIPDined on 2/23/2014We've been to the restaurant several times over the past two years, usually for dinner but once for brunch. It is always a treat, with a creative menu and friendly service. This time we were there on a cold Sunday night and the place was relatively empty, but that's not what we've experienced in the past. We shared the ceviche sampler and the langostine guacomole for appetizers. Both are highly recommended. Portions are large, so that's not as critical. Skirt steak was good, salmon tasty, but the pork shoulder was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experience! IDominiqueDined on 2/22/2014Always an excellent experience! I think it was our fifth or sixth time at Cienega. Always a fabulous experience and I always look forward to dine there with friends. Very consistent in tems of food and service quality. The Latin America inspired menu offers intriguing savors and a creative approach. One of the owners came to say hello and mentioned they were working on a new menu. Can't wait to discover it, hopefully soon...Special Features:
- Standout FoodMiddleageddinerDined on 2/14/2014We have been to Cienega a dozen or so times and it is always great. Try the brunch when its quiet and very reasonably priced. Dinner is always inventive and delicious. The service is attentive and professional. They try hard to please and succeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service, the experienceLuvfoodDined on 2/14/2014The food, service, the experience were all good, but it was a bit pricey especially when tied into a short entree listing. It would not be an every week place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. OurRaybabeVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food was delicious. Our waiter and bus boy were very nice and worked very hard. But I wonder who decided to have only one waiter and one bus boy for the e ntire restaurant on a Friday night. I would have given the restaurant an outstanding rating if there was more than one waiter. Good, healthy choices. Not the best neighborhood, but a nice looking restaurant and the parking garage is a real plus. If this restaurant is in your neighborhood, it's a keeper.Special Features:
- Great go-to placeKathyDined on 1/17/2014Just wished the parents taught their children the concept of "indoor voices."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014We have been several times and like it better every visit. Delicious food, warm and professional service and a great atmosphere. We like weeknights better as the noise level is lower, but I would recommend it any night of the week!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2013Love this restaurant!! My third time here and the food is delicious, service is very good and the drinks are delicious!! You don't have to be a lover of Peruvian food to love this place...just a lover of fresh, delicious food. I highly recommend it! GreggSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot!GoozDined on 12/31/2013Have been several times, never disappointed. They are always right on point!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, will definitely be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Great meal - food was inventive and delicious. Will definitely go back with a group or on a date night.Special Features:
- Fun spot with latin inspired foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/7/2013I love the chic ambiance of this restaurant. Staff is friendly and food is delicious. I have brought friends on many occasions and they have always liked it. Location is not typical for a fine restaurant but once inside you might think you are in Manhattan. Try it you will like it. Restaurant owner is very friendly!Special Features:
- Great Food !Eat2LiveDined on 11/23/2013This place is a hidden Gem, Amazing food, Quick service. Check this place out.Special Features:
- We were 12 girls, The reservationCarrotDined on 11/22/2013We were 12 girls, The reservation was for 15 people. They put 25 dollar for each people that couldn't go this night (75$ more in the check!!!). So disappointed, terrible service, rude. The only good thing it was the food and the mojitos They lost 12 new customers this night.
- Unique style and delicious foodkatsVIPDined on 11/17/2013We don't live close by but each time we have been to Cienega we have truly enjoyed the dining experience. The dishes are fit for a foodie and delicious. They had a restaurant week menu and we tried their quinoa salad and the fish. Both were excellent. The starter was a peas salad with freshly made banana chips and it was very tasty. The mojito was excellent. The only thing I did not care for was the vegan chocolate mousse. Overall, it was a wonderful dinner and we will surely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is ImaginativeLourdesDined on 11/9/2013Chef is imaginitive and skilled in setting a beautiful, tasteful offering. . Always meets our standards of a great restaurant. Service is great. Music, although we love it, is too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but extremely noisyLAURA14VIPDined on 11/2/2013Four of us ate there on a Saturday night. We all enjoyed the food and I had a great glass of white sangria. But the place is so noisy that it detracted from the experience for me. Many restaurants are noisy but this went above and beyond. The owner should try to add something to help absorb the noise. For me, despite the good food, I would look elsewhere next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, we had a greatDominiqueDined on 11/2/2013As always, we had a great dinner with friends. Food with Latin-American inspiration is creative and full of savors. Service is friendly without being intrusive. Did not have wine that night, but indulged on very nice cocktails . A bit noisy, but you can't have many people enjoying themselves without making a tad of noise... A local gem and definitely one of my favorite local places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.