Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
7228 E. 1st Ave.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cienagaves.com/
- Phone: 4809709002x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ricky DeAlba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a rehearsal dinner, birthday party or corporate holiday party, consider our upstairs cantina and private dining room. Able to seat up to 65 guests, it includes its own indoor/outdoor bar area, a small patio, lounge area and dining room. We offer a separate menu that includes banquet options for large groups of 40 or more guests. Bookings are subject to availability. Call (480) 970-9002 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Roque Jimenez 4809709002x
- Cross Street: 1st Ave and Scottsdale Rd
- Public Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley has a drop off on the corner of our street!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Old Town Scottsdale offers several parking lots within walking distance of our front doors. in addition there is parking along the front of our restaurant. Old Town is very pedestrian friendly.
A word from Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
Casual, upbeat, fun and located right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila is a favorite among locals and out-of-towners for tasty tacos and top-shelf tequila. Stop in before or after shopping and Spring Training games, or jump-start your night on the town with our 100 premium, handcrafted tequilas and made-to-order specialty margaritas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Happy Hour HotSpotLivingoodDined on 8/21/2014We decided to invite some friends to Cien Agaves to help celebrate my birthday. We were looking for Happy Hour prices, fun atmosphere, good service and good food. Delivered on all items. We will be back for Taco Tuesday as we have experienced it before. Will definitely recommend to others in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tacosDjm1923Dined on 8/16/2014Had the 3 taco combo, with about 30 different tacos to choose from. Each one was unique and flavorful. Interesting selection of margaritas too. Would definitely return next time we're in Scottsdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cien Agaves Passpot to TequilaTequilaDined on 7/31/2014The last Thursday of select months distributors set up tasting of their tequilas. Typically there are three brands with three levels of aged tequilas so one gets to sample 9 tequilas. Just hit trying 200 different tequilas. We have a designated driver. To determine if there is a passport night that month, check their informative web site: Cien Agaves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNikko69Dined on 7/14/2014Had a wonderful dinner for happy hour prices with my family!Special Features:
- Probably great for night life....sazcorpDined on 6/26/2014The others in my group (7 of us) loved the food. I had the vegetarian fajitas and they were ok but not great. This place clearly caters to tequila drinkers and is probably a great place to go on a Friday/Saturday night to hang out.Special Features:
- Tacos are delicious!sctsnycVIPDined on 6/8/2014The ahi and carnitas tacos are delicious. The street corn a wonderful treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Late Night SpotThought4FoodVIPDined on 6/2/2014Enjoyed Cien Agaves' delicious taco selection! Our server was very pleasant and helpful in picking out the best tacos from the large selection.Special Features:
- Great new find!SScottDined on 6/2/2014Just discovered this restaurant last month and decided to celebrate my birthday here . Love the happy hour and will continue to come back!Special Features:
- Best Happy HourJazz5252Dined on 5/5/2014The Cien Margaritas are delicious and awesome price on happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLettuceDined on 5/5/2014The ambiance was great, food was great. Not very kid friendly. The margaritas were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at a great priceFussyfussyfoodieDined on 5/2/2014We stopped here for a quick lunch and were delighted to have a great meal for a very fair price. Definitely will eat here againSpecial Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila reviews archive.
- Bad ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2014The food was okay but the 'Cadillac' margarita was one of the worst I have ever had. I do not mind paying a reasonably higher price for a GOOD cocktail but I do not appreciate being served a well below mediocre cocktail touted as a 'great' drink!
- Great Serviceclarkc25VIPDined on 4/5/2014Had a good dinner here on a Saturday night. We had reservations but the people sitting at our table were lingering. We only waited an extra 10-15 minutes from our reservation time, but the manager felt bad and gave us a free pitcher of margs to start off the night--so kind and unnecessary! Food was tasty and reasonably priced, waitress was sweet and gave good drink and food recommendations. There was a private party upstairs in the lofted space, so it was a bit noisy, but to be expected in Scottsdale on a Saturday night. We'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual retreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Each year we visit Old Town Scottsdale, AZ, we never miss a visit to Cien Avaves. Their tacos are out of this world especially on Taco Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I guess it's considered goodRobijVIPDined on 3/20/2014I guess it's considered good for Phoenix Mexican food. I'm from San Antonio and this stuff just doesn't cut it. We call this hot sauce "sissy sauce". Given the crowd though and the large selection of Tequila, which is good anywhere, this place is as good as it gets in Old Town. It caters to a younger crowd and is definitely a hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAVE YOUR BUCKSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014I got a bean taco that had no beans in it, bean tostadas that had no beans on them, and two of our four members got their plates fifteen minutes sooner than the two others. The noise was pretty horrific. When the waitress asked how my food was and I told her I didn't get any beans (and beans were what I ordered), she said "Oh, I'm sorry," and did nothing further. If you want to throw your money away, this is the place! If you want a good meal in a fun place, try someplace else, but not here.
- Awesome margaritas, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/12/2014Awesome margaritas, great service, Shelby was the best! Loved the crispy beef tacos. Veggie taco was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check out the Happy HourPenguiniVIPDined on 3/2/2014We went during happy hour and the place was buzzing. The appetizers and Cien margarita were all half off so we ordered the ceviche with chips, guacamole with chips, chipotle chicken quesadilla, and chorizo cheese crisp. They were all very good and it was quite enough for the 4 of us. We spent only $40 for the 4 of us so it was quite a deal. After the end of happy hour at 7 things quieted down quite a bit.Special Features:
- old town scottsdalemeatsweatVIPDined on 2/27/2014The food was very good. One recommendation would be to take advantage of the happy hour.Special Features:
- Taco TuesdayHoosiersDined on 1/14/2014We enjoy coming for taco tuesday because the deals are great. The only issue that we consistently have is the lack of customer service. Every single time that we eat here the services is sub par. It usually takes up to 15 min just to get drinks. We like the food, bu the service deters us from coming more frequently. Can't beat the taco tuesday prices though!
- A Pleasant SurpriseJeffDined on 1/3/2014We chose Cien Agaves blindly, and our experience was a nice surprise. One of our diners stated that his chimichanga was the best one he has ever eaten! Not a bad compliment from a Phoenix native! This is well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!SnowbirdDined on 12/27/2013You can't go wrong here! 3.50$ margaritas during happy hour are delicious!!! Great food, great prices, great times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for drinks, not foodOccasionalPenDined on 10/5/2013Probably a fine place for people in their 20s, especially those who thrill at the 100 flavors of tequila and the waitresses in tight shirts and short shorts. We're in our 50s, and the bar scene just doesn't mean much to us (neither negative nor positive). We care most about the food, which was sub-par. Their guacamole was fresh but had no flavor -- how about some garlic, salt, lemon juice, tomatoes to go with the avocado? The main courses were filling but not tasty. The prices were low enough: $38 before tip for a beer, soda, guacamole appetizer, burrito, and three-taco dinner. Go with your buddies during happy hour and order beers or margaritas. And the 10 tacos for $35, if you're really hungry.
- First time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Booked on Opentable, made reservation. Didn't need a reservation as there was no waiting list. This is a place more to party than have a nice dinner, although the tacos were good.Special Features:
- Best Happy HourJazz5252Dined on 8/24/2013The margaritas are the best and during happy hour they cost practically nothing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great as always,SmvacaVIPDined on 8/23/2013Food was great as always, our server was friendly and didn't skip a beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos were delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013The tacos, chips, salsa and refried beans were so delicious that we ate lunch here the next day. I had the carnitas taco and the shredded beef taco, both in flour tortillas. Yum! My friend had the carne asada taco (to die for!), and two others I can't remember but were delicious. The chips and salsas were tasty too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tacos and great drinksMR12Dined on 7/8/2013Had a great evening there. Super service. Food was good, but the options and quality of drinks was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMariequeenbeeVIPDined on 7/7/2013Neither good nor bad ~ just sorta ok. Had three different Tacos ~ Tinga Chicken had no distinct flavor. Al Pastor was both bland and tough. The Potato Taco was greasy ~ very. Chips were good ...Salsa bland. Prickly Pear Margarita was ok. Not the best I've had ...but tolerable.
- Great Spot to Meet Friends!RufflesDined on 6/21/2013We always love going to Cien Agaves and have taken many of our friends there. Great service, fun place, and the wait staff is always super friendly. They have a fabulous happy hour. We're so glad we found it about two years ago!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourNickDined on 6/18/2013This place has great pricing on food and drinks for any happy hour. Though, if you want to carry on conversation you might want to eat outside as the noise tends to overwhelm any table talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time. Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013Had a great time. Good food. Good margaritas. Noisier as it filled up with diners.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2013Tried this joint after finding a travelzoo deal and looking at Yelp and Trip Advisor. Was pleasantly surprised to find excellent quality and quantity of food. The margaritas were excellent. A little too sweet for me personally, but very much above average for a restaurant margarita. Many different flavors and variations to choose from. We had the tostadas, beef enchilada with red sauce, tinga chicken taco, taco al pastor. All very good. Only thing to improve on would be the flour tortilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM don't miss outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2013Don't be deceived by the look of this place. The tacos are great and this local gem should not be missed. Enjoyed everything that I had ordered, albeit I ordered too much. I recommend trying the tacos and try your hand at several different types as they are uniquely different. Nice for a casual night out if you are in the Scottsdale area on vacation. In the middle of Old Town where the stores close at 7 so do some shopping before you eat, otherwise you will miss that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBriADined on 5/24/2013We got seated right away and our waitress was quick to take our order. Our waitress was very kind and very helpful! (Her name started with a K, sorry feel horrible not remembering it). The atmosphere was fun and the food was great!! Will go there again!! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageCaptnVIPDined on 4/5/2013Just average. Nothing bad, but if you are looking for something special this is not the place. On their happy hour menu, the only margarita on happy hour is the house one, which is average at best.
- It was ok. The tequilla wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013It was ok. The tequilla was great and the food was good. We sat outside and the service was fair.
- Best tequila in ScottsdaleAgarfDined on 3/23/2013If you like great Mexican food and top flight tequila this is the place for you. Been here several times and the food and service are always great. Have been twice with a large party and our table was always ready. Our last visit our server apologized when our dessert was taking a while and comped us without us even asking. They have every tequila imaginable and have tasting flights if you want to try different types. All in all a great spot.Special Features:
- Creative margaritas with aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2013Creative margaritas with a strong pour. Chicken, shrimp and carne asada tacos were tasty. Ahi taco was meh.Special Features:
- Seated our part of 8 withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Seated our part of 8 without a problem. Place could use a deep clean and a tortilla chip warmer as the chips were cold. Overall good service, great tacos and a nice margarita list.Special Features: