49500 Seminole Drive
Cabazon, CA 92230Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.morongocasinoresort.com/
- Phone: 8002524499x6
- Hours of Operation:
Cielo Vista Bar: Happy Hour Each Evening, 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Cielo Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm to 11:00pm Fantastic Fridays! $15 Entrees in Cielo every Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm and $5 Well Drinks at the Vista Bar! Open 7 Nights a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Javier Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cielo can accommodate up to 50 people on the Mezzanine loft area.
- Private Party Contact: April Wilson 9517555527
- Special Events: Book Cielo for your next Luxury Event! Birthday's, Anniversary's, Bachlorette/ Bachelor Parties, Holiday Business Dinners and any other special celebrations! Please call for details and set-menu pricing for large groups.
A word from Cielo
Cielo, is a Pacific Coast Steak and Seafood Restaurant that celebrates a distinctly comfortable, Californian approach to fine dining. Each dish, inspired by traditional steak and seafood fare, showcases the fresh flavors of California’s farm produce and presents it with a playful sense of humor. Known for its warm, accommodating service, Cielo is a special dining experience with a casual touch. Cielo is nestled in California’s Cabazon Valley, 20 miles west of Palm Springs, and in between the spectacular San Gorgonio and San Jacinto mountain ranges. Located on the 27th floor of the Morongo Resort and Casino, Cielo is set aglow with stunning chandeliers. Cielo is quite literally a jewel at the top of the Morongo Resort and Casino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cielo - Best Restaurants in Cabazon ›
Cielo reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (31)scenic view (31)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Give it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Service was great, food was alright. Two different types of potatoes were under cooked and the lettuce in my ceasar salad was not fully cleaned. We were seated in the middle of the room which I really dislike. Views were really nice at sunset.Special Features:
- greatplaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best part of our dining experience was the service provided by Jessie, the "server's assistant" His attention to detail, professional yet warm and friendly demeanor was exceptional. He should be elevated to full waiter/server status as soon as possible before you lose him to another fine restaurant.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had a good experience but didn't get everything I ordered. But I did get full on what I ordered. It was a little pricey. But the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cielo's Morongo Casinoggrock2Dined on 8/13/2014Outstanding dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnermatellDined on 8/8/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. We had the six ounce fillet along with asparagus and lobster macaroni on the side. Everything was delicious. Not a place for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014Took my mother in law there for her 70th birthday. She's a vibrant, feisty thing and this place was perfect for her! Great atmosphere, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fine DiningeeyorevclDined on 7/21/2014I was celebrating my first anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place.... Gorgeous... Delicious food... Excellent service... Await my next visit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itnotaproDined on 7/19/2014It ws really a great night out. Serena, our waitress, was great. The food was very good. If there was a complaint, the bread basket was kinda weird. It was a mixed bread basket with rolls that seemed hard as if they were microwaved to make warm. That would be the one and only thing, other than that, the people were great, the view is breathtaking at sunset and the food...would I compare it with Mastro's, of course not, but it was very good in its own right. For a romantic dinner, make sure you request an upstairs window seat, the view will blow you away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cooperDined on 7/19/2014food was very good and service was the same view at nite is much better then at daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th Birthday at Cielo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This had been on my "Bucket List" and was looking forward to celebrating my 70th birthday at Cielo's. I was very disappointed. Thought there would be a view but the booths are so high that you cannot see outside - unless you stand while dining. We had asked for 3 separate checks which did not happen. They did not have martini onions for my husband's drink. The baked potato had obviously been reheated in a microwave. My husband and friends loved their meals - scallops, chippino and sea bass. My steak was mediocre. I think it is very over-rated.
- First and last time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014For an upscale and pricey restaurant the food is pretty mediocre, you can get as good a meal or better a much less pricey restaurant. The view of the mountains is very good. So it's mainly the ambiance you come here for. One problem with that is that I think they need to have a minimum dress code. There was a group of 6 dining here that were covered with tattoos, wearing tank tops, shorts and flippers. I think this detracts from the ambiance which was about the only reason I can see for going to this restaurant. I would not come back and I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014An amazing view of the changing colors of the desert valley. An oasis of quiet elegance in the usually hectic casino. A great special occasion fine dining spot. Food was very good with prompt service and unique view.Special Features:
- Service..Love2eatfoodDined on 7/2/2014Everything was good there at Cielo. I believe that for a elegant dining restaurant the server should be more attentive and giving the diners the best. Somehow my server was lacking that. His name was Aaron. He came over to take my order and then he was gone for about 20-25 mins. He never came by to check on how I was doing or if I needed any a1 sauce for my steak. He then brings me a birthday dessert and the bill. I was going to pay with a credit card but I decide to just pay in cash instead. I don't know how much longer I would have to wait for him to come back. If you ever dine there make sure you don't sit in Aaron's area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small DifferencesCad65Dined on 7/1/2014We have been here several times and have always had great food and service. This time the service was still excellent, but the food was not as good. The lobster bisque changed from a cream to tomato base and was salty. The lobster was old and over cooked. Have had both items before and they were excellent, I am chalking it up to an off night.Special Features:
- 12yr Anniversary DelightDennisDined on 6/28/2014I was looking for something different and special for our anniversary this year. Perfect place. This was our first time there. I asked on open table for a specific table and got it. The were very friendly and service by Juan was terrific. I recommend this place for amazing food and views! Try the Seafood stew! Crazy good!Special Features:
- Great Place To Dine With Familyluv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Friendly and Knowledgeable Table Service. The ambiance and exterior scenery surrounding Cielo are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cielormazbDined on 6/21/2014Cielo is a perfect place for a date or even to enjoy a good steak dinner , great view of the mountains from up there and its nice and quiet inside , staff is very friendly too. I would recommend it , the attire is a little fancy so make sure you dress proper, dont be that guy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible foodnotokayDined on 6/17/2014Our bread tasted like it was frozen and frost bitten. Not fresh at all. Honestly, the worst bread I've ever had. The mashed potatoes were very salty and had a lot of butter and tasted like fish. The asparagus was ok but again, probably the worst asparagus I've ever had. Last but not least, the filet. This filet was tender and had so much potential but it tasted like new tire. Well it tasted the way a new tire shop smells at least. It was very unfortunate because we'd been having some of the best food available in Palm Springs and this was our last night in the desert. The restaurant had so much going for it but the food was just plain awful. And considering we spent over $100 for it makes this truly a horrid experience.Special Features:
- Terrible service, very pricey :(AnaliDined on 6/13/2014Good food but had terrible service and very pricey! Had concert tickets for 9:00 pm. made reservations at 6:30 pm, left the restaurant at 8:45pmSpecial Features:
- DisappointedCythefireguy1Dined on 6/7/2014Made reservations two weeks in advance. Were seated at a table in the bar area, which we were willing to try until we found out smoking was allowed in the bar. People were standing over us while we ate. The bartender was also our server so received about 10% of his attention. Ordered the bone-in-ribeye. Not bad but under seasoned. Sautéed spinach as a side dish was HORRIBLE! I could have lubed my car with the amount of grease in that dish. The restaurant caters to large groups or perhaps the high roller gambler, if you're a couple just out for the night, forget itSpecial Features:
- meadeDined on 6/7/2014This is the second time when coming in from Canada that we tried this resturant.. abosolutlly terrible service food manager staff you wouldnt mind paying the prices if they had a chef, service and could not even get a drink terrible, terrible, terrible
- our anniversary Cielo styleLuv2eatDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate somewhere close to home for our 32nd wedding anniversary so we chose Morongo got a room and decided to treat yourself to Cielo for the first time our waiter was Juan he was fantastic. I ordered the halibut it was delicious my husband had steak he enjoyed his two. Juan treated us to a surprise dessert to celebrate our anniversary all in all it was a wonderful dining experience and we would go back again for another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Schell269Dined on 6/3/2014This is a high end resturant that is not cheap. We found the staff accommodating, food quality surprisingly very high, and the ambiance awsome! A great resturant for those special occasions when one wants to treat someone special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServicecapmotionDined on 5/30/2014We went there at my boy's request for his 18th birthday, and it was a delightful experience. We had been there before and had good memories of the high quality food, service, and scenic view, and we were not disappointed this time either.Special Features:
- LouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014We ordered the domestic wagyu steak and it came out overlooked and fatty. It was supposed to be a center cut strip loin but it had more fat than a ribeye. We ordered medium and came out considerably well done. I shared with the waiter that I knew the difference between the different cuts of meat and assured him that this wasn't a center cut strip loin. He insisted it was which assured him of a minimal tip. Normally I top 20% without question but not at this place. since he said the cut was going yo be the same if we ordered it again, we decided to order a different cut. This one came out rare. Wasn't even close to being cooked properly. I counted 8 other people there so I guess the locals know that this place isn't a place to go.
- cielo is the place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014Loved this place. Best filet mignon ive ever had. On the 26th floor of hotel. This spot has the best views you will ever have at a place to eat. And perfect for an anniversary or bday dinner. Super classy as well. Nothin bad to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet old friend for dinnerdinnerDined on 5/21/2014Great place to enjoy a dinner. The views, food and service was great! The spot was half way between us and we heard great things about and are very glad we meet here.Special Features:
- Made our Anniversaries, SpecialHappilyMarriedCouplesDined on 5/9/2014We had such a great time, our waiter Juan and Taylor were just so attentive. A visit from the Manager, Wow, just felt really special. Food was excellent. We were celebrating our 47th Wedding Anniversary, with our long time friends, who were celebrating their 49th Anniversary. It really made it a night to remember. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 448 reviews are from the Cielo reviews archive.
- Great foodYummyFood143Dined on 5/2/2014The food was great and so was the view. The only thing is who ever designed the area I would have made the booths not as tall so people can see more of the view. We had to look over our booth to see the amazing view. Our waitress wasn't the friendliest but the bus guy was very nice and helpful since our waitress barely came by 2 times. When we were done with our food we couldn't even find her to give us the bill. Another nice thing is that it was my birthday and they brought out a free birthday dessert (which was very yummy). Anyways I would give the restaurant a 4.5 out of 5 if it wasn't for the waitress but because of the waitress I give it a 3.8Special Features:
- Just OKLeeLDined on 4/26/2014We made a reservation at take advantage of sunset over the valley. Yes, there are views, but not of sunset. Overall is was fine, service was good, but not impressed. For the price, I expected to be impressed, but it was just OK. Nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Excellent Food in the DesertRoamingFoodiesDined on 4/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience at Cielo. We both had steaks (my wife, the Filet, and I had the Ribeye) that were of generous portions and done to our satisfaction. The prices might seem high but the steaks were like butter and very flavorful. Add a salad and one of the sides, you will have an enjoyable meal with leftovers. The steaks were as good as those at Fleming's or Ruth Chris. The service was exceptional (ask for Serena) and knowledgeable to make great recommendations. The manager was very accommodating when we asked for a booth for a more romantic experience. To get the best view though you would have to sit at a table on the upper level. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JerryWVIPDined on 4/9/2014We just held my Mother's 80th Birthday party at Cielo, and it couldn't have gone better! From the exceptional service we received by Jamie and Jesse, to the great food and incredible views from the 27th floor, our group of 19 was treated to a great experience, and I would strongly recommend Cielo to anyone looking for a great night with lots of memories...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014My husband and I felt that the best thing about this restaurant was the location (it's on the 27th floor of the hotel with great views) and the decor. We both got a 6 oz. filet with mashed potatoes and garlic spinach for the sides. The food tasted like something I have had at a non impressive banquet. My steak was under cooked and then almost burnt after they cooked it a little more. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were boxed and the garlic spinach tasted like it was drenched in some sort of wine. It left a very weird texture in my mouth and on my teeth after I ate it. Needless to say that we were pretty disappointed.
- The place was not what I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The place was not what I have expected. No view from the 27th floor. The Cioppino was excellent but the dipping bread was not sourdough. However, Spanish Pella was terrible ( Spanish rice topped with chicken (tough) and clams (not what I have expected. Wine served was great.
- Very peaceful and relaxingpaulatseaDined on 3/15/2014Stayed a couple days at Morongo Hotel, had dinner at Cielo on a Sat night, about 6:30pm. Quiet, peaceful, nice view, top floor, 27th, of the hotel, great service, food cooked just the way we like. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th FloorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014What is the point of getting a window table 27 floors up if the booth you're in faces inward and the seat back is at head level? The view was the prime reason I went there. The steak was good but I can get that at street level.Special Features:
- Nice place for an evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014We enjoyed the evening. The food was well-prepared and although the side dishes seemed overpriced the overall cost was about what we expected. Our server was competent, but for a a really fine dining experience we expected something more. We feel a great server will be able to do more than just put dishes on the table with a smile. When a reservation for a large group came in our server was very busy with them leaving us with little attention. The Baked Alaskan was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceLeo689Dined on 2/28/2014For being our first time, we had a pleasant time...Special Features:
- Exceptional (As Always)Foodie17Dined on 2/22/2014CIELO is a gem of a restaurant located on the top floor Casino Morongo. From the minute you enter the dining room you know this is a special place a world away from the casino insanity 27 floors below. Service is top of the line and the food is beyond compare. Get there before your reservation (and the before the sun sets) for a cocktail at the bar and enjoy the amazing mountain views which look just like a painting. I had a 5:30 p.m. reservation but arrived at 4:45 p.m. to take advantage of happy hour and the scenery. The background music also sets a swanky lounge mood-- Sinatra, Louis Prima, Tony Bennett, etc. CIELO truly cares about its customers, something most other restaurants have unfortunately forgotten about these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are frist date..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014We really enjoyed stepping in to your restaurant.. From the hosted all the way to are table with a view. We enjoyed a well drink and warm atmosphere..my beet salad and cheese platter for starters was outstanding. All though are dinner and top it off with great cup of coffee. Service was friendly and on top of are needs. Thanks for a great dining experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.