49500 Seminole Drive
Cabazon, CA 92230Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.morongocasinoresort.com/
- Phone: 8002524499x6
- Hours of Operation:
Cielo Vista Bar: Happy Hour Each Evening, 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Cielo Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm to 11:00pm Fantastic Fridays! $15 Entrees in Cielo every Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm and $5 Well Drinks at the Vista Bar! Open 7 Nights a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Javier Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cielo can accommodate up to 50 people on the Mezzanine loft area.
- Private Party Contact: April Wilson 9517555527
- Special Events: Book Cielo for your next Luxury Event! Birthday's, Anniversary's, Bachlorette/ Bachelor Parties, Holiday Business Dinners and any other special celebrations! Please call for details and set-menu pricing for large groups.
A word from Cielo
Cielo, is a Pacific Coast Steak and Seafood Restaurant that celebrates a distinctly comfortable, Californian approach to fine dining. Each dish, inspired by traditional steak and seafood fare, showcases the fresh flavors of California’s farm produce and presents it with a playful sense of humor. Known for its warm, accommodating service, Cielo is a special dining experience with a casual touch. Cielo is nestled in California’s Cabazon Valley, 20 miles west of Palm Springs, and in between the spectacular San Gorgonio and San Jacinto mountain ranges. Located on the 27th floor of the Morongo Resort and Casino, Cielo is set aglow with stunning chandeliers. Cielo is quite literally a jewel at the top of the Morongo Resort and Casino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cielo - Best Restaurants in Cabazon ›
Cielo reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)scenic view (37)romantic (36)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- luvtoeatDined on 10/18/2014I loved the food. Very clean and the employee's were very nice and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was outstanding!myangelsbutterflyDined on 10/11/2014Our server was Aaron, he and his coworkers made my husband and myself feel like we were the only patrons in the place. Our drinks were never more than half full and Aaron knew the specials and menu like the alphabet (wonderfully memorized) he was patient and jovial and smiled at every visit to our table. We will recommend this place over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- successfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014My step son and I took my wife there for her Birthday dinner. She had no idea where we were going. It was a complete success. she enjoyed the dinner thoroughly. There was really nothing wrong. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinesinpsDined on 10/2/2014I think the food was grossly over priced. Yes, it was good but I guess you're paying for the view. The view was less than spectacular if you are sitting down at your table. You would have to stand up to see something other than the hills. I honestly would not make a second trip. My curiosity was satisfied.Special Features:
- Great!luv2eatgreatfoodDined on 10/1/2014Service was great! The wine list recently changed--lots of great wines by the glass for under $12. Great view of the desert.Special Features:
- 2loyalfansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014From the cordial welcoming staff ,the gracious waitress and team to the most luscious meal. We were extremely pleased, even though no rack of lamb (my first choice). The short ribs were unbelievably tender and perfectly seasoned. PLENTY OF CHEER TO CIELO. Thanks for making our 40th Wedding Anniversary and My Wife's Birthday a momentous occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewcelebrationDined on 9/28/2014With high back seating it still did not block the view across the seating area and out the window for a wonderful sunset. the highbacks on the seating made it comfortable to hold a conversation with our daughter. Aaron was the best waiter that we have ever had. My daughter and I have multiple food allergies including wheat, shellfish and peanut. Each was accommodated with ease as if it was no problem for the chef to prepare our food. We read a review for GF mac-n-cheese, but apparently you must bring your own GF pasta for chef to prepare. It was a celebration night for us and the bar scene was happy and lively, while not too overflowing of noise into the dining experience. LOVE this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expecteddbeckesDined on 9/27/2014The space was very nice, with a great view of the area from the 27th floor, very chic and comfortable although kinda noisy because of all the hard surfaces. The service was excellent on all fronts. Most importantly though, the food was great. Nothing cutting edge or very creative, but very well executed steak and seafood fare. The special soft shell crab appetizer was delicious, the fried calamari was about the best I have ever had. The only drawback (?) to the appetizers was the portion size - these were obscenely huge. The barramundi was outstanding - perfectly cooked, with a nice crisp edge. The New York strip steak was perfectly cooked. The lobster mac & cheese side was delicious, although again, a huge portion. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Music great but too loudVoicetnDined on 9/26/2014Great place frequent customer but music was too loud hard too talk amongst each othetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niteriderDined on 9/20/2014the service was great I was really in press and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative RestaurantRockin1344Dined on 9/19/2014Dined on Friday 9/19 with my Mom for a special occasion. Had to move our reservation back 30 minutes due to late arrival at hotel, and even though website stated no tables available, the lovely hostesses offered us an amazing table for two overlooking the main dining area. Truly spectacular views both outside the massive windows overlooking the desert canyons and impending sunset and just the stunning interior of the room itself with creative lighting and gorgeous "invisible" glass staircases. Our server was Aaron and he was awesome, and very knowledgeable with the menu selections and evening specials, two of which I chose for my meal. The food was amazing, unusual, delicious, and perfectly timed for our experience. Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Best of the Best!!!pcdahlkeDined on 9/13/2014If you want a meal to remember and service that makes you feel like Royalty then please dine here. I do not write reviews on places, however Cielo is a place like no other for miles around . :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itJackiegDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely nothing tasted amazing. At best, the food was ok. The bread served was cold and dry. The steak frittes with a chimichurri sauce was ok but I wouldn't go as far as calling it good. The meat was chewy and the sauce was meh. Again, nothing downright awful, but nothing tasty either. The best item we tried was a lobster Mac and cheese. This was good, though not spectacular either. For the price of our meal, it was not worth it. I will say that the servers were friendly though!Special Features:
- Ms. Donnalove2dineDined on 9/13/2014Cielo, hands down, is one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. My friends and I were serenaded by a gentlemen who was dead ringer for Tony Bennett, we enjoyed a very nice bottle of wine followed by an amazing meal. I had the six ounce filet with a side of their lobster mac n' cheese, every bite was like having a party in my mouth. If you're making a trip to Morongo to shop or gamble you must stay to have dinner, you'll be so glad you did!Special Features:
- I would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014It would be one thing if only one of our meals were not up to par, but to have a table of 5 different people, who order several different items, all agree that they did not care for their meal at all, that's not good. Not to mention the amount of time it took to get our meal was completely unacceptable on a busy night, yes it was that long, but they weren't even busy!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014View was nice, food was good but overpriced and way too oily for my taste. Our waiter was nice but not very attentive. Over all I probably wouldn't go back but it was nice to experience at least once.Special Features:
- experiencedineallthetimeDined on 8/29/2014Great time, awesome veiw. couples should try and everyone was nice with great smiles. very welcoming . Had a lil bit of everything food wise and it was all great. will come back again. Again staff was great.Special Features:
- Give it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Service was great, food was alright. Two different types of potatoes were under cooked and the lettuce in my ceasar salad was not fully cleaned. We were seated in the middle of the room which I really dislike. Views were really nice at sunset.Special Features:
- greatplaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best part of our dining experience was the service provided by Jessie, the "server's assistant" His attention to detail, professional yet warm and friendly demeanor was exceptional. He should be elevated to full waiter/server status as soon as possible before you lose him to another fine restaurant.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had a good experience but didn't get everything I ordered. But I did get full on what I ordered. It was a little pricey. But the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cielo's Morongo Casinoggrock2Dined on 8/13/2014Outstanding dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnermatellDined on 8/8/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. We had the six ounce fillet along with asparagus and lobster macaroni on the side. Everything was delicious. Not a place for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014Took my mother in law there for her 70th birthday. She's a vibrant, feisty thing and this place was perfect for her! Great atmosphere, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fine DiningeeyorevclDined on 7/21/2014I was celebrating my first anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place.... Gorgeous... Delicious food... Excellent service... Await my next visit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itnotaproDined on 7/19/2014It ws really a great night out. Serena, our waitress, was great. The food was very good. If there was a complaint, the bread basket was kinda weird. It was a mixed bread basket with rolls that seemed hard as if they were microwaved to make warm. That would be the one and only thing, other than that, the people were great, the view is breathtaking at sunset and the food...would I compare it with Mastro's, of course not, but it was very good in its own right. For a romantic dinner, make sure you request an upstairs window seat, the view will blow you away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cooperDined on 7/19/2014food was very good and service was the same view at nite is much better then at daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th Birthday at Cielo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This had been on my "Bucket List" and was looking forward to celebrating my 70th birthday at Cielo's. I was very disappointed. Thought there would be a view but the booths are so high that you cannot see outside - unless you stand while dining. We had asked for 3 separate checks which did not happen. They did not have martini onions for my husband's drink. The baked potato had obviously been reheated in a microwave. My husband and friends loved their meals - scallops, chippino and sea bass. My steak was mediocre. I think it is very over-rated.
- First and last time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014For an upscale and pricey restaurant the food is pretty mediocre, you can get as good a meal or better a much less pricey restaurant. The view of the mountains is very good. So it's mainly the ambiance you come here for. One problem with that is that I think they need to have a minimum dress code. There was a group of 6 dining here that were covered with tattoos, wearing tank tops, shorts and flippers. I think this detracts from the ambiance which was about the only reason I can see for going to this restaurant. I would not come back and I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014An amazing view of the changing colors of the desert valley. An oasis of quiet elegance in the usually hectic casino. A great special occasion fine dining spot. Food was very good with prompt service and unique view.Special Features:
- Service..Love2eatfoodDined on 7/2/2014Everything was good there at Cielo. I believe that for a elegant dining restaurant the server should be more attentive and giving the diners the best. Somehow my server was lacking that. His name was Aaron. He came over to take my order and then he was gone for about 20-25 mins. He never came by to check on how I was doing or if I needed any a1 sauce for my steak. He then brings me a birthday dessert and the bill. I was going to pay with a credit card but I decide to just pay in cash instead. I don't know how much longer I would have to wait for him to come back. If you ever dine there make sure you don't sit in Aaron's area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small DifferencesCad65Dined on 7/1/2014We have been here several times and have always had great food and service. This time the service was still excellent, but the food was not as good. The lobster bisque changed from a cream to tomato base and was salty. The lobster was old and over cooked. Have had both items before and they were excellent, I am chalking it up to an off night.Special Features:
- 12yr Anniversary DelightDennisDined on 6/28/2014I was looking for something different and special for our anniversary this year. Perfect place. This was our first time there. I asked on open table for a specific table and got it. The were very friendly and service by Juan was terrific. I recommend this place for amazing food and views! Try the Seafood stew! Crazy good!Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the Cielo reviews archive.
- Great Place To Dine With Familyluv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Friendly and Knowledgeable Table Service. The ambiance and exterior scenery surrounding Cielo are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cielormazbDined on 6/21/2014Cielo is a perfect place for a date or even to enjoy a good steak dinner , great view of the mountains from up there and its nice and quiet inside , staff is very friendly too. I would recommend it , the attire is a little fancy so make sure you dress proper, dont be that guy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible foodnotokayDined on 6/17/2014Our bread tasted like it was frozen and frost bitten. Not fresh at all. Honestly, the worst bread I've ever had. The mashed potatoes were very salty and had a lot of butter and tasted like fish. The asparagus was ok but again, probably the worst asparagus I've ever had. Last but not least, the filet. This filet was tender and had so much potential but it tasted like new tire. Well it tasted the way a new tire shop smells at least. It was very unfortunate because we'd been having some of the best food available in Palm Springs and this was our last night in the desert. The restaurant had so much going for it but the food was just plain awful. And considering we spent over $100 for it makes this truly a horrid experience.Special Features:
- Terrible service, very pricey :(AnaliDined on 6/13/2014Good food but had terrible service and very pricey! Had concert tickets for 9:00 pm. made reservations at 6:30 pm, left the restaurant at 8:45pmSpecial Features:
- DisappointedCythefireguy1Dined on 6/7/2014Made reservations two weeks in advance. Were seated at a table in the bar area, which we were willing to try until we found out smoking was allowed in the bar. People were standing over us while we ate. The bartender was also our server so received about 10% of his attention. Ordered the bone-in-ribeye. Not bad but under seasoned. Sautéed spinach as a side dish was HORRIBLE! I could have lubed my car with the amount of grease in that dish. The restaurant caters to large groups or perhaps the high roller gambler, if you're a couple just out for the night, forget itSpecial Features:
- meadeDined on 6/7/2014This is the second time when coming in from Canada that we tried this resturant.. abosolutlly terrible service food manager staff you wouldnt mind paying the prices if they had a chef, service and could not even get a drink terrible, terrible, terrible
- our anniversary Cielo styleLuv2eatDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate somewhere close to home for our 32nd wedding anniversary so we chose Morongo got a room and decided to treat yourself to Cielo for the first time our waiter was Juan he was fantastic. I ordered the halibut it was delicious my husband had steak he enjoyed his two. Juan treated us to a surprise dessert to celebrate our anniversary all in all it was a wonderful dining experience and we would go back again for another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Schell269Dined on 6/3/2014This is a high end resturant that is not cheap. We found the staff accommodating, food quality surprisingly very high, and the ambiance awsome! A great resturant for those special occasions when one wants to treat someone special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.