49500 Seminole Drive
Cabazon, CA 92230Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.morongocasinoresort.com/
- Phone: (800) 252-4499 ext. 6
- Hours of Operation:
Cielo Vista Bar: Happy Hour Each Evening, 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Cielo Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm to 11:00pm Fantastic Fridays! $15 Entrees in Cielo every Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm and $5 Well Drinks at the Vista Bar! Open 7 Nights a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Javier Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cielo can accommodate up to 50 people on the Mezzanine loft area.
- Private Party Contact: April Wilson 9517555527
- Special Events: Book Cielo for your next Luxury Event! Birthday's, Anniversary's, Bachlorette/ Bachelor Parties, Holiday Business Dinners and any other special celebrations! Please call for details and set-menu pricing for large groups.
A word from Cielo
Cielo, is a Pacific Coast Steak and Seafood Restaurant that celebrates a distinctly comfortable, Californian approach to fine dining. Each dish, inspired by traditional steak and seafood fare, showcases the fresh flavors of California’s farm produce and presents it with a playful sense of humor. Known for its warm, accommodating service, Cielo is a special dining experience with a casual touch. Cielo is nestled in California’s Cabazon Valley, 20 miles west of Palm Springs, and in between the spectacular San Gorgonio and San Jacinto mountain ranges. Located on the 27th floor of the Morongo Resort and Casino, Cielo is set aglow with stunning chandeliers. Cielo is quite literally a jewel at the top of the Morongo Resort and Casino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cielo - Best Restaurants in Cabazon ›
Cielo reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)scenic view (42)romantic (40)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Poor Service ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I often dine at Las Vegas best steakhouses and I wasn't anticipating the service at Cielo to exceed LV standards- but I definitely wasn't expecting the service to be below a Las Vegas walk-in DINER! Our server appeared disengaged and displayed no personality! Our first drink order took 15 minutes in a nearly empty restaurant! Obviously, my TOP SHELF drink had been swimming in melting ice for a long period...and was watered down. The drink was delivered (actually plopped on the table)- unannounced. To boot- my girlfriends Martini glass was filled only to half the normal capacity. To add more insult to injury...the second drink order wasn't any better (in fact worse)- as I had to REMIND the server that we had ordered drinks after 12 minutes had elapsed. We still didn't receive drinks for nearly another 5 minutes! I don't expect to be waited on 'hand over foot'- but our experience was ridiculous. Obviously some of the CIELO STAFF NEEDS BETTER TRAINING! Most of the staff was courteous and at least acknowledged our presence. At least the food was fairly good.
- Beautiful ViewVenatorDined on 11/16/2014There is really only one fine-dining establishment in Cabazon, and El Cielo is it. Highly recommended and worth the drive. The food is EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErlinjessDined on 11/16/2014I went with my husband to celebrate our 1st year wedding anniversary. Service was great and food was delicious. They were so nice to give us a complementary dessert. Highly recommend this place. Also, you have got to try the lobster mac n cheese. It is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotCesarDined on 11/15/2014You don't have to gamble to enjoy an evening at the Morongo Casino. Cielo, located on the 27th floor, offers a nice elegant ambiance perfect for a romantic date or a special occasion. It's quiet, cosy and has a great view of the desert and mountains. The staff is friendly yet professional, plus the food comes in an tasteful presentation and its taste is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEEKEND GETAWAYGRACIEDined on 11/15/2014I ATTENDED CASINO MORONGO FOR A MINI WEEKEND GETAWAY. I CHOSE TO MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS AT EL CIELO SEEING AS IT WAS THEIR TOP RESTAURANT THAT THEY HAD THERE. SERVICE IS EXCEPTIONAL AND I FELT ALL OUR NEEDS WERE BEING ATTENDED TO. THE FOOD DID NOT DISAPPOINT! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. TO REALLY ENJOY THE VIEW YOU'D HAVE TO DINE DURING THE DAY TIME, BUT YOU STILL GET A GREAT VIEW FROM THE TOP FLOOR. WE SAT ON THE UPPER LEVEL, THE LOWER LEVEL SEEMED A BIT CROWDED AS THE TABLES SEEMED CLOSE TOGETHER AND THE NOISE LEVEL WAS MORE NOTABLE ON THE FLOOR THAN ON THE UPPER LEVEL. GREAT EXPERIENCE, WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS AND BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014it was a very nice dinner. the one thing that could be better is i ask to put my bar tab on with my dinner tab and they said they could not . i have never had a problem with doing that at other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Jaimie, Kim and all the staff were helpful and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced and Under ServedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I did not expect to find that my table was not ready for an 8pm reservation and that I could wait at the Bar. This was a Monday evening with empty seating in full view.
- Very RomanticLoriDined on 11/8/2014We like to go to Cielo's for special occasions. The staff is friendly and the food is great. I think their prices are a bit high, which is why we only go for special occasions. I love the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CieloPartyof2Dined on 11/4/2014Great food, great service, great wine selection. The view is amazing and the restaurant is very nice. Five Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnersteakluvrDined on 11/4/2014Came here for a double date anniversary. The food was well prepared and the service was on par for an upscale dining experience. I have to say however, my group and I were somewhat disappointed. There was no "wow" factor to speak of. The cuisine was more than adequate, drinks were what you would expect and the desserts were expertly made. However, there was nothing that would actually bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I celebrated our 50th anniversary at Cielo. We had heard both good and less good about it. We got there early to enjoy the magnificent view and sat at the bar. We had drinks and ordered an appetizer. We had to ask the bartender about it since it seemed to take a while to get. This was the only somewhat negative part of the experience. The decor and view were magnificent. The menu had some wonderful sounding items. We both chose seafood dishes. I ordered the Ciopino that contained lots of shrimp, crab leg, scallops, etc., and very little of the "filler fish" that many places use in such dishes. The service was both pleasant and attentive. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but disappointing...LoveGoodFoodDined on 10/31/2014Cielo should be a fine dining experience with a California casual feel because, of course, it's in a casino. The restaurant itself is gorgeous and the view is scenic during the day or early evening hours. The issue we had started with a Caeser salad that had some sort of balsamic vinegar under the romaine. My friend had an Endive salad that was good. We both ordered the 6oz Filet and ordered it medium rare and medium. Mine was the medium and it was more rare on one half than medium. Hers was more rare on one side also. The server told us that we could have sent them back, but we hit the rare parts halfway through the meat. My thinking is that if you pay $35 for a filet you shouldn't have to send it back. Just saying.Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 10/18/2014I loved the food. Very clean and the employee's were very nice and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was outstanding!myangelsbutterflyDined on 10/11/2014Our server was Aaron, he and his coworkers made my husband and myself feel like we were the only patrons in the place. Our drinks were never more than half full and Aaron knew the specials and menu like the alphabet (wonderfully memorized) he was patient and jovial and smiled at every visit to our table. We will recommend this place over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- successfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014My step son and I took my wife there for her Birthday dinner. She had no idea where we were going. It was a complete success. she enjoyed the dinner thoroughly. There was really nothing wrong. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinesinpsDined on 10/2/2014I think the food was grossly over priced. Yes, it was good but I guess you're paying for the view. The view was less than spectacular if you are sitting down at your table. You would have to stand up to see something other than the hills. I honestly would not make a second trip. My curiosity was satisfied.Special Features:
- Great!luv2eatgreatfoodDined on 10/1/2014Service was great! The wine list recently changed--lots of great wines by the glass for under $12. Great view of the desert.Special Features:
- 2loyalfansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014From the cordial welcoming staff ,the gracious waitress and team to the most luscious meal. We were extremely pleased, even though no rack of lamb (my first choice). The short ribs were unbelievably tender and perfectly seasoned. PLENTY OF CHEER TO CIELO. Thanks for making our 40th Wedding Anniversary and My Wife's Birthday a momentous occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewcelebrationDined on 9/28/2014With high back seating it still did not block the view across the seating area and out the window for a wonderful sunset. the highbacks on the seating made it comfortable to hold a conversation with our daughter. Aaron was the best waiter that we have ever had. My daughter and I have multiple food allergies including wheat, shellfish and peanut. Each was accommodated with ease as if it was no problem for the chef to prepare our food. We read a review for GF mac-n-cheese, but apparently you must bring your own GF pasta for chef to prepare. It was a celebration night for us and the bar scene was happy and lively, while not too overflowing of noise into the dining experience. LOVE this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expecteddbeckesDined on 9/27/2014The space was very nice, with a great view of the area from the 27th floor, very chic and comfortable although kinda noisy because of all the hard surfaces. The service was excellent on all fronts. Most importantly though, the food was great. Nothing cutting edge or very creative, but very well executed steak and seafood fare. The special soft shell crab appetizer was delicious, the fried calamari was about the best I have ever had. The only drawback (?) to the appetizers was the portion size - these were obscenely huge. The barramundi was outstanding - perfectly cooked, with a nice crisp edge. The New York strip steak was perfectly cooked. The lobster mac & cheese side was delicious, although again, a huge portion. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Music great but too loudVoicetnDined on 9/26/2014Great place frequent customer but music was too loud hard too talk amongst each othetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niteriderDined on 9/20/2014the service was great I was really in press and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative RestaurantRockin1344Dined on 9/19/2014Dined on Friday 9/19 with my Mom for a special occasion. Had to move our reservation back 30 minutes due to late arrival at hotel, and even though website stated no tables available, the lovely hostesses offered us an amazing table for two overlooking the main dining area. Truly spectacular views both outside the massive windows overlooking the desert canyons and impending sunset and just the stunning interior of the room itself with creative lighting and gorgeous "invisible" glass staircases. Our server was Aaron and he was awesome, and very knowledgeable with the menu selections and evening specials, two of which I chose for my meal. The food was amazing, unusual, delicious, and perfectly timed for our experience. Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Best of the Best!!!pcdahlkeDined on 9/13/2014If you want a meal to remember and service that makes you feel like Royalty then please dine here. I do not write reviews on places, however Cielo is a place like no other for miles around . :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itJackiegDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely nothing tasted amazing. At best, the food was ok. The bread served was cold and dry. The steak frittes with a chimichurri sauce was ok but I wouldn't go as far as calling it good. The meat was chewy and the sauce was meh. Again, nothing downright awful, but nothing tasty either. The best item we tried was a lobster Mac and cheese. This was good, though not spectacular either. For the price of our meal, it was not worth it. I will say that the servers were friendly though!Special Features:
- Ms. Donnalove2dineDined on 9/13/2014Cielo, hands down, is one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. My friends and I were serenaded by a gentlemen who was dead ringer for Tony Bennett, we enjoyed a very nice bottle of wine followed by an amazing meal. I had the six ounce filet with a side of their lobster mac n' cheese, every bite was like having a party in my mouth. If you're making a trip to Morongo to shop or gamble you must stay to have dinner, you'll be so glad you did!Special Features:
- I would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014It would be one thing if only one of our meals were not up to par, but to have a table of 5 different people, who order several different items, all agree that they did not care for their meal at all, that's not good. Not to mention the amount of time it took to get our meal was completely unacceptable on a busy night, yes it was that long, but they weren't even busy!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014View was nice, food was good but overpriced and way too oily for my taste. Our waiter was nice but not very attentive. Over all I probably wouldn't go back but it was nice to experience at least once.Special Features:
- experiencedineallthetimeDined on 8/29/2014Great time, awesome veiw. couples should try and everyone was nice with great smiles. very welcoming . Had a lil bit of everything food wise and it was all great. will come back again. Again staff was great.Special Features:
- Give it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Service was great, food was alright. Two different types of potatoes were under cooked and the lettuce in my ceasar salad was not fully cleaned. We were seated in the middle of the room which I really dislike. Views were really nice at sunset.Special Features:
- greatplaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best part of our dining experience was the service provided by Jessie, the "server's assistant" His attention to detail, professional yet warm and friendly demeanor was exceptional. He should be elevated to full waiter/server status as soon as possible before you lose him to another fine restaurant.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had a good experience but didn't get everything I ordered. But I did get full on what I ordered. It was a little pricey. But the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cielo's Morongo Casinoggrock2Dined on 8/13/2014Outstanding dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnermatellDined on 8/8/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. We had the six ounce fillet along with asparagus and lobster macaroni on the side. Everything was delicious. Not a place for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014Took my mother in law there for her 70th birthday. She's a vibrant, feisty thing and this place was perfect for her! Great atmosphere, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 470 reviews are from the Cielo reviews archive.
- Best Fine DiningeeyorevclDined on 7/21/2014I was celebrating my first anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place.... Gorgeous... Delicious food... Excellent service... Await my next visit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itnotaproDined on 7/19/2014It ws really a great night out. Serena, our waitress, was great. The food was very good. If there was a complaint, the bread basket was kinda weird. It was a mixed bread basket with rolls that seemed hard as if they were microwaved to make warm. That would be the one and only thing, other than that, the people were great, the view is breathtaking at sunset and the food...would I compare it with Mastro's, of course not, but it was very good in its own right. For a romantic dinner, make sure you request an upstairs window seat, the view will blow you away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cooperDined on 7/19/2014food was very good and service was the same view at nite is much better then at daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th Birthday at Cielo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This had been on my "Bucket List" and was looking forward to celebrating my 70th birthday at Cielo's. I was very disappointed. Thought there would be a view but the booths are so high that you cannot see outside - unless you stand while dining. We had asked for 3 separate checks which did not happen. They did not have martini onions for my husband's drink. The baked potato had obviously been reheated in a microwave. My husband and friends loved their meals - scallops, chippino and sea bass. My steak was mediocre. I think it is very over-rated.