Cielo - Rockville Centre
208 Sunrise Hwy
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cielo - Rockville Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cieloristorante.com/
- Phone: 5166781996
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cielo Ristorante has been catering private and corporate events for years. Enjoy our delicious food and our expert service. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your event with Cielo Ristorante. Our private dining facilities are the perfect place to host your bridal shower, baby shower, and any corporate event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto 5166781996
A word from Cielo - Rockville Centre
Cielo Ristorante is known for its first class service, attentive and gracious tuxedo-clad workers and its elegant and stately décor. Between its white linens, fresh flowers, and blazing fireplace, soft Italian music will carry you through some of the best Northern Italian food in the area. Try our warm baby spinach salad, zuppa di pesce with lobster and fresh seafood and finish with a warm apple crisp and Italian gelato. Don’t forget to take advantage of our extensive wine list with more than 100 labels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cielo - Rockville Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
- I believe they are closingMaryAnnVIPDined on 10/26/2013Note: I am required to complete all star ratings and we didn't stay for dinner. We went on Saturday night for a 6:30 reservation. We had been here before and really enjoyed it. When we arrived there were only 2 other tables that were occupied. We asked for the wine list and were told they were in between wine lists so tell them what we like. We like Cabernet....we don't have any Cabernet by the bottle.....how about Chianti?.....no.....we have blackstone merlot and Shiraz by the bottle and Chilean Cabernet by the glass. An Italian restaurant with pretty much no wine! We walked out. My guess is that they are riding out their October lease and then closing.
- I made a mistake in my reservationBrenDined on 10/5/2013I made a mistake in my reservation but decided to try it anyway. For a Saturday night the place was not very busy. I ordered fish for 26 a plate and found it frozen which I was not expecting. I would never eat there again
- The restaurant only had 3TheChamDined on 9/20/2013The restaurant only had 3 tables filled for a Friday night. Kind I f odd. Overall the food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayjjchcickDined on 6/30/2013I celebrated my birthday with family last sunday at Cielo. I enjoyed the ambience and the feel of classic Italy. The server was helpful and very knowledgeable. The food was excellent, I will be visiting again and telling everyone how great Cielo is. I would suggest booking through open table to secure your table. I went on a Sunday afternoon but it did start to full up.Special Features:
- We love Cielo, It is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013We love Cielo, It is our favorite restaurant Roberto always make us feel like home. Excellent food, fresh RVC #1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us went for dinnerYankeeJeffVIPDined on 5/26/2013Four of us went for dinner the Sunday nite of the Memorial Day weekend. The restaurant was very quiet as there were only 2 other tables of diners. An appetizer of mussels was good, not great. A shared plate of Cielo's version of Penne Vodka was very good as this version had smoked salmon which gave the dish an added dimension. Main courses of shrimp scampi, the night's chicken special and Cielo's version of Chicken Scarpariello were also very good. Prices were very reasonable and the service was very good. We will certainly come back to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!TomKVIPDined on 5/26/2013Food and service are outstanding - our most favorite and reliable spot on Long IslandSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Food was very good, service was excellent. Did not rush us at dinner and prices were excelptional, with good size portions. My only negative is when I ordered an after dinner drink. I ordered a Grand Marnier on the rocks. What was delivered to the table had a lighter color to it and really did not taste the same to me. I have been drinking this cordial for over 30 years and this drink was not the real. After arriving home I poored a drink from my own bottle and it was much darker than the restaurant. The taste was also much different than what I had at the restaurant. I would defintely go back for the food. I should add that I did see a bottle of Grand Marnier behind the bar.Special Features:
- Good basic restaurant. A bitJillVIPDined on 4/13/2013Good basic restaurant. A bit pricey with entrees in the high twenties... my fish dish was quite good. My companions "special" was a bit odd, a combination of fish served over mashed potatoes? I don't know what part of Italy this dish would originate from?? The appetizer salad was quite good. We split it and the plated it in the kitchen. the house wine was passable. Overall? It was very FINE. It wasn't wonderful. The service was excellent which made it very enjoyable.
- Great service staff- veryRickshawVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great service staff- very professional. Food was very nice and specials are worth a look. I had a wonderful red snapper and my sister had the deboned branzini. Wine list was reasonable especially Tuscan wines.Special Features:
- A. JassinAJayVIPDined on 3/9/2013Though the ambiance is fantastic and the food very good, the quality of the service was deplorable......the waiter was robotic, with a moderate command of the menu,......he mixed up the drink order, and never returned with wine ordered during the meal. Though there were only four of us at dinner the staff was unable to be 50% correct on who ordered what..... The staff reach across the table putting elbows in the food! All ordered decaf coffee.....only to find out later that evening that we were all served regular coffee. In addition the noise level in the dining area was equal to most great bars in Las Vegas!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013Finding a location that will accommodate a large group was such a blessing. From the moment we walked in we were greeted and serviced like regulars. The entire staff was amazing but our server Giovanni was outstanding!Special Features:
- I was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013I was a little disappointed with the food. My wife's Bolognese pasta dish had no meat whatsoever.
- Over-priced on their specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013Over-priced on their specials - and not that good.
- Went there on valentines Daymike11215Dined on 2/14/2013Went there on valentines Day it was packed so a little noisy. The menu was fixed because of the day but I have been there before the food is awesome. The service was yet again on point, if you go it's a dining experience not just a quick meal.Special Features:
- Good overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day is a tough review for any restaurant as the staff is pushed to their limits. I believe they did a great job trying to fit everyone in as they converted most tables for two. The waiter staff was friendly and attentive (love refills on bread without asking). The prefix menu was varied and overall very good. Nothing outstanding, nothing bad. It fit our needs and we had a nice dinner. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend stopping in, but try them on regular night for the real deal.Special Features:
- Did not enjoykgulbinDined on 12/31/2012Should have anticipated this when I got an easy reservation for New Year's Eve. First the wine list: We had to order three times before we found one that they actually had. In fact, even that was not available so the owner came over with a substitution--no break in price by the way. My dinner was poor. I had zuppe de pesce and it had quite a lot of seafood that was not on the menu. I carefully chose this meal because the listed seafood did not contain these items which I don't like . The sauce was incredibly bland. Did not eat. My husband's meal was very bland as well. The apple crisp which we shared to avoid starvation was very good. On a bright note, the waiters were attentive and pleasant. Great service. We would not return.
- Dissapointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Wa ate here on New Years Eve and while the staff was nice the food was terrible. I had the rack of lamb (medium rare) which was 3 lamb chops that were overcooked, grissly, and rubbery. The potatoes were COLD which just ruins a meal. I had the mozzarelllo carrozzo appy and it was basically a deep fried mozzarella grilled cheese (with wonder bread!). My girlfriend had the filet of sole stuffed with crabmeat whicj arrived lukewarm at best and was diner class fish at best. The only reason I gave one star was the mussels in white wine sauce which were delicious. With a bottle of wine and tip (I didn't punish the waiter for the poor food) this meal ran me almost $200.00. I will never go back.
- There was not a seat to beCeCeDined on 12/24/2012There was not a seat to be had and the service was attentive and very good. Entire staff has smiles on their faces and Roberto couldn't be a better host. Can't wait for another visitSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent as wasOnthetownVIPDined on 8/28/2012Food was excellent as was service. Prices arebreasonablebvwill definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Service madelkrolDined on 8/25/2012Excellent food. Service made you feel as if the Resturant was built for you! They are welcoming and attentive without being intrusive. You will quickly make this your favorite place for celebrations as well as a place for romantic dinners.Special Features:
- I went for my birthday thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012I went for my birthday this passed Sunday. The service was attentive. The food was tasty. We had the calamari, figs, and portobello mushroom to start. The servings were small but great tasting. They allowed me to bring my own cake and cut and plated it for me. We ordered two bottles of wine and we never refilled our own glasses! I would definitely return. Great dinner and great service.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012We enjoyed the restaurant. The valet parking attendant never came to park the car and parking is difficult.Special Features:
- The food was quite good; IMarkDined on 8/7/2012The food was quite good; I had the Thick Tomato soup and Grilled Salmon, which was just about as good as it gets. My wife enjoyed her salad, which had a marvelous dressing, and her chicken marsala. The service was attentive, and the atmosphere very nice.Special Features:
- First time at Cielo and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012First time at Cielo and we fell in love with this restaurant. My wife had branzino fish and I had burata with prsuto as an appetizer, my main dish was veal Cielo with zucchini, prsuto and fontina cheese.The food was amazing and the service was perfect, we're definelty coming Back.Special Features:
- Food was good and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Food was good and restaurant is very nice but a little loud for my taste.Special Features:
- Nothing special. There wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/12/2012Nothing special. There was nothing bad, but nothing particularly good either.
- The day after we were stillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012The day after we were still talking about how nice the restaurant is and how good the food was. We will be back!
- The service at Ciellos isLbgirlDined on 4/20/2012The service at Ciellos is alwasy wonderful. They will customize the food to your taste. The specials are always amazing. I have never been disappointed!!Special Features:
- First time patron and we broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2012First time patron and we brought another couple with us. Superb food, wonderful service, great atmosphere...a real find. We will be returning frequently. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Calming, Cozy, Romantic, ANDCeCeDined on 4/1/2012Calming, Cozy, Romantic, AND Great Food and Wonderful Service. Why wouldn't you want to consider this place?Special Features:
- EhJohnnyBlackVIPDined on 2/14/2012What can I say except, eh? Not a very memorable meal, restaurant or service. Nothing special here folks.
- I have a new "favorite" for my listSmkcpaDined on 2/14/2012I had a wonderful Valentine's Night dinner with my wife. I will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nothing greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012The food was nothing special and the wines were kind of lousy. Given the amount of non-descript Italian places on LI, this place does nothing to stand out. Parking is also an issue and everything is probably overpriced for what it is. You could do a lot better elsewhere for a lot less money. Older crowd with a non-offensive but boring ambiance.
- it was fun for new years eveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011it was fun for new years eve and the food was delicious - looking forwar dto going back to have the regular menuSpecial Features:
- We chose Cielo as a new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011We chose Cielo as a new restaurant to go try for New Year's Eve and we were happy we did. From the moment we walked in, we were welcomed by Roberto. We had a last minute change in plans and had 4 additional people join our party. Roberto was very accommodating and we all had a great meal. The food was freshly prepared and delicious. We all would definitely return and are looking forward to itSpecial Features:
- Decent food. We where thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Decent food. We where there for new years, and in the rush they made a few small mistakes on my fiance's meal. However I really enjoyed my meal. It was hard to get the servers attention for refills etc because of how busy they were, but we still enjoyed ourselves.
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011This was our first visit. We arrived a few minutes late for our reservation and were seated right away. The service was excellent with a very courteous and attentive staff. The food was excellent; from the appetizers to the desserts with the timing between the courses feeling just right. We never felt rushed. We will definitely recommend Cielo to our families and friends.Special Features:
- It was a great choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011It was a great choice for us. We enjoyed our evening, meal, bottle of wine, coffee and dessert. Everything was perfect. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- It was New Year's Eve andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011It was New Year's Eve and we had been here before. We were treated as royalty! They had a special menu which had nothing on it that I could eat (fish and meat) so the waiter was told to have me order anything that I wanted and they would make it, which they did! Extremely enjoyable! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features: