671 North Saint Clair Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cicchettirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126421800x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11:00-3:30 Lunch
Mon-Fri 3:30-5:00 Cicchetti Menu
Sun-Thur 5:00-9:00 Dinner
Fri-Sat 5:00-11:00 Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Michael Sheerin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Two Private dining rooms available. One for up to 10 people and the second seating up to 20 comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Miller 3126421800x
A word from Cicchetti Restaurant
Cicchetti. Italian for "small plates" popular in Bacari Bars or Osterie in Venice, Italy. Usually accompanied by an "Ombra" or "Shadow" which can be a glass of wine, aperitivo or a signature or classical cocktail. Italian and Venetian inspired dining brought to you from the people behind Trattoria No. 10, Sopraffina Marketcaffes and Poag Mahone's. Welcome, we can't wait to see you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cicchetti Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)great for outdoor dining (115)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (58)special occasion (56)hot spot (50)great for brunch (44)good for groups (43)romantic (37)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Amazing Italian RestaurantDisappointedVIPDined on 9/16/2014Really enjoyed this experience. The service and food were both amazing. Recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will like this restaurantBookerDined on 9/16/2014This is the second time I've dined at Cicchetti. The food is delicious. Both times we never even made it off the shared small plates and were fine with that. The venue itself is really cool. Great décor and great atmosphere. The service this last time was subpar. Several times we were looking for our waiter to either order another glass of wine or additional food. That was disappointing. Still, I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch!J255Dined on 9/15/2014Three of us met for a weekday lunch. Service was great, menu options were varied and intriguing. It was hard to decide what to choose! Food was excellent. We'll be back to try some more!Special Features:
- Wow! Taste buds did happy dance ..CdixonVIPDined on 9/14/2014Amazing food with new and unusual flavor combinations. Farm to table using the freshest ingredients in their plates. Note: know as a "sharing" menu the entres will not sustain the mega hungry. But good news share several entres and you will be delighted! Check out the menu online and expect a few specials. The wait staff is very knowledgable so we went with his recommendations....nom nom nomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagJilloVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went with high expectations due to great reviews. Depends on what you order! The house cured sardines were very good, but looked and tasted like herring. The pork belly bruschetta was delish, but the crab and tuna were overpowered by an over abundance of mayo. The mushroom pizza was very good, but could have used a bit more seasoning. The gnocchi were disappointing- heavy, with too salty lamb that wasn't melded into a sauce, just sitting on top. The dish didn't hold. The best was the salmon- no sauce, very simple, but perfectly prepared. The beets and quinoa accompanying as well. The desserts - caramel tart and tiramisu sundae- were both very sweet and very yummy. Would give it another try, but not rushing back.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchFoodie2Dined on 9/11/2014We tried five different appetizers for our lunch for two. All were great. The warm olives & focaccia, mushroom pizza, one each of the crab, tuna, bacon bruschetta, house cured sardines were the real sleeper and the aged hanger steak steak carpaccio. This was a great way to try many of the creative dishes. Our server had been a chef for many years and was exceptionally knowlegeable about the food, preparation methods and good combinations.Special Features:
- Great atmospherelalaknowsfoodDined on 9/10/2014Really nice atmosphere and a nice outdoor patio. Service was very good friendly and welcoming. The food was just average. Much room for improvement.. Meatballs were rubbery and tasteless. Flathead was not cooked and flavorless. Dessert was beautiful but not tasty.
- Streeterville GemTiredandhungryVIPDined on 9/7/2014Cicchetti is our favorite new spot in Streeterville. The food is always fresh, creative and delicious! The new house made sausage and polenta appetizer is amazing as well as the corn fettuccine with smoked shrimp and broccoli. The signature Venetian stew is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the areaavipVIPDined on 9/7/2014The menu is limited but you can enjoy the out doors sitting and have a quite conversation. Enjoyed the meatballs appertiser but the salad and pasta dishes were just aharage. The friendly service is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gizmoVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was my first time there and it was recommended to me, the brunch was great, however, very few people were there. The dining room was completely empty. I checked out the dinner menu and thought at some point I would like to try it. I definitely would go back. Food offerings looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014I was shocked by how empty brunch was at Cicchetti given the popularity for dinner. We sat outside on the beautiful patio on an absolutely perfect day. The service was attentive and friendly. We had the Strata and the Bruschetta and loved both of them. We'll be back!Special Features:
- An odd oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014This was an odd one for me to describe.. the restaurant shares a space with their sister restaurant which was not open on this Friday night- making the restaurant appear to be empty! No one wants to eat in an empty restaurant on a Friday night. Our waitress was very inattentive & seemed to be busy doing god knows what, so drinks were slow to arrive. The flatbread was good & cheese plate was alright.. but we had to flag someone down to explain out cheese platter to us- everyone seemed really uninterested to work there. The short rib ravioli was alright but nothing memorable and I can't even remember our fourth dish so evidently not too memorable either. I wanted to like this place because I heard great things but truth is I won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014A bit pricy for lunch. Nicely decorated. Probably not for the working crowd. Parking was $15Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was slow and server seemed rather disinterested. Food was bit of a mess, my poached eggs Rialto had a bland sauce and microscopic piece of Porchetta. My wife burger disintegrated while she tried to eat and she had to resort of using a fork.
- Soooo good!YummyDined on 8/30/2014Love this place! Meatballs to start are a must, as is the beef short rib ravioli. And the reverse affogato . . . I would come here JUST to experience that little piece of heaven.Special Features:
- AllieDined on 8/30/2014The food was good, but nothing to die for. There was absolutely no one there and it was 11 AM on a Saturday... felt a little weird since brunch is such a big deal. Definitely won't recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Top notch service, even better foodChicagoMariaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Cicchetti is all around spectacular! This is not your typical Italian restaurant. The food here is so fresh, beautiful, and delicious. Dish after dish displayed well thought out flavors and spot on execution. Stand outs were the charcuterie, meatballs, corn pasta, & amazing steak. Cocktails were yummy too! The service really can't be beat - we came in close to closing time but still felt welcome and not rushed. Every staff person in the dining room did their part to make our meal unforgettable. I am so impressed with this place. They went well beyond my expectations! I will be coming back again and again. Fabulous new food in the Loop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryawesomeitakianDined on 8/24/2014We had our one year wedding anniversary and it was one of the best meals we've had in awhile. The service was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trying more then onceCB1939Dined on 8/24/2014We most likely go back:good service,great dishes and excellent location.Special Features:
- Always a top spot!TiredandhungryVIPDined on 8/24/2014We've dined at Cicchetti often since its opening and it never disappoints! Creative and delicious. The service is amazing as though everyone on staff takes a personal ownership and pride in the restaurant. Each time we leave we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good food, great drinksGeneParmesanVIPDined on 8/22/2014The cocktails were fabulous. Beautiful outside lounge area for drinks, but since the restaurant is in the Northwestern Hospital building, be prepared to listen to the loud sirens of ambulances bringing patients to the ER. On to the food: Nonna's meatballs: excellent. Charred carrots and burrata salad: phenomenal. Salmon with quinoa and beets: pass. Small portion and very plain/unflavorful. Caramel tart: Mmmmmm.Special Features:
- Beautiful Space, Great FoodZAK89Dined on 8/21/2014Cicchetti was awesome! Food was incredible- I had the Corzetti, a pasta dish with mashed and whole spring peas, ricotta, and pickled ginger. Surprisingly light and refreshing for a pasta dish, perfect for a summer lunch. Restaurant is beautiful on the inside, with tons of natural light.Special Features:
- Great Italian experience!PersnicketydinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is superb! The service is amazing, they have a great (and reasonably priced wine selection), their food is classic Italian/Venetian with a twist. The oyster selection is small, but the east/west combo was still tasty and accompanied by a good mignonette. The sardines were near PERFECT, lacking only in fish portion size. The prosciutto with strawberry and rhubarb was amazing! I had the short rib ravioli, this had a very fresh and clean taste, but seemed to be a bit plain. My husband had the brick chicken, and the skin could have been a bit more crispy, but the serving size was pretty large, and it was served over a tasty bed of beans. We ended with the caramel tarte which was devine - the most impressive part of the meal!
- BisneyVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful but the desert was outstanding. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good was really badHel313Dined on 8/13/2014The food was terrible from the cold meatballs to the brick chicken that didn't look or taste anything like brick chicken should. Service was good , but couldn't make up for the very poor food quality
- good eatspchatDined on 8/13/2014Bread is ridiculously good. Desserts delectable. Fun, active environment but not too loud. Can go casual to dressy. Tasty decent sized entrees. Nice place to go with friends for an uncomplicated evening with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CicchettiTXfoodieDined on 8/11/2014Great spot--food and service were very good. Lively, energetic atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive experiencealohaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Brick chicken was superb..salmon also recommended..warm olives were a good choice. Overall, pretty good neighborhood stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Every course was great for both of us. Really nice gazpacho, generally creative mixes. Very spacious outdoor seating, although the ambience is hurt by proximity to NMH emergency services.Special Features:
- Not badateitallDined on 8/8/2014The waiter was very friendly and for the most part attentive. The backwaters were really on top of things. The food was good but not outstanding - this is coming from someone who has worked in one of the best places in NYC. The pork cracklings were not what I expected, and though OK are much better when done in the traditional fashion, like the air puffed pork rinds at grocery stores not the fat caramelized from the skin. The crostini were good, though the duck liver was a bit overwhelming, not as mild as a torchon. The duck 3 ways, my entree, was fine. The breast plentiful and a perfect medium rare, the sausage flavorful but skimpy, and the confit hard to find, with over done potatoes the same color due to being drenched in balsamic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedChicagotouristDined on 8/7/2014My glass of "spritz" was sticky . The starter with burrata was to small and too simple . I read afterwards that it was a "tapa's style" restaurant ; nobody explained it to us and we ended up with the "trio of aged duck" too salted and dry with anything else on the plate , raviolis fair but not specials . The waitress that used to be also the wine waitress wasn't interested at us and slow on the service . Too , too expensive for what it is ! A poor celebration on our wedding's anniversary . Very disappointed …
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We came to the restaurant for a birthday dinner,and was pleasantly surprised by well...everything.The waitress,the food the time between courses all excellent.Thanks for a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Delicious surprise by the Mag MileCCCCDined on 8/7/2014The daughter of a friend recommended this restaurant and we could not have had a nicer dining experience. The food was terrific, the starters great and the entrees-duck three ways and a short rib stuffed ravioli-were delicious. The ice creams for dessert were so tasty, and I have to say that they make the best Sarazac EVER. Hard to believe that we have missed this treasure in the pastSpecial Features:
- Disappointing to Say the LeastMelyssaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was super excited to try out Cicchetti, as I often am to try new restaurants. The poor experience began with the hostess, whom when we asked if there was any room for us outside, was super awkward, unknowledgable and acted like we were being rude. The wait staff was also mediocre at best. Our first waiter subbed out and was replaced by someone no more friendly. The food was just not great. Too many strong flavors mixed together too many times. It's like they tried way too hard. The restaurant is huge and beautiful inside and out and if it could better execute it's mission, it might be a neighborhood gem. At this rate, I would guess it will close shortly.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We went for a Saturday morning brunch. The patio was great! The menu is not huge but enough choices for everyone. We really enjoyed the bloody mary's and the surprise fried meatball on top. Sounds weird but was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningDowntownVIPDined on 7/30/2014This food has been consistently good so this review will focus on the outdoor seating, which is very urban in that it's on a busy street with lots of foot traffic and a Divvy Bike station right there. Great people watching! The tables and chairs are high quality, as are the colorful umbrellas and heaters. The dining area is separated from the rest of the sidewalk by a tasteful metal divider with beautiful flowers. The service was great, as usual. Highly recommend dining outdoors.Special Features:
- Excellent night except managersCarnivaleDined on 7/30/2014We loved the food, highly recommend the Saffron Risotto. While dining outside, we enjoyed comfortable seating, excellent service and recommendations and a little extra birthday love at the end of the night with house-made limoncello. Overall, this was a highly rated evening. The only thing that we did not care for was rude managers with comments that were unnecessary and overheard by guests at our table. She was out of line and very embarrassed once she realized we heard.Special Features:
- uneven food offeringsSmithtoniVIPDined on 7/29/2014Service and ambience is good. Food is good but not great. The pasta with duck confit was smothered in breadcrumbs - masking the taste of the delicate pasta sauce and the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Lives Up to Its ReputationBigdealzDined on 7/28/2014Cicchetti was recommended by a friend as one of his favorites in The Loop. I had an important dinner with a good friend and former colleague from out of town and he wanted to eat at a "really great place." I researched Cicchetti and learned it is Chicago's top new restaurant for 2014. And everything - from the location on North St. Clair, to the phenomenal bar, to the wait staff, ambience, menu selections - is 5-star. We sat at the chef's table and he treated us royally. Cicchettis are small plates. I would encourage you to sample several appetizers and pick two to three entrees to share as we did with a party of three. Pair your dinner with a choice Italian Barolo and finish the evening with one of their wonderful desserts. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Dining233dineVIPDined on 7/28/2014I have now dined at Cicchetti twice on different nights...once on Friday and once on Monday. Both times were at 6:00 p.m. The first time we had a seat by the window and enjoyed the time to chat, eat wonderful food, and drink great wine. The second time was less enjoyable due to the noise. It was very difficult to hear one another. That said, the food continues to be of high quality. We had the same server both times and she was wonderful!Special Features: