Cibreo Italian Kitchen
1438 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / Playhouse Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cibreo Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibreocleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168629212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Moday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Erik Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For those who appreciate the kind of hospitality that embraces even the simplest of details, Driftwood Catering offers our guests a wide variety of event scheduling for rehearsal dinners or weddings, parties, business retreats and other entertainment needs. We have the ability to cater any event whether at one of our dedicated private facilities or off site. Also available to our clients is our team of food trucks, Dim and Den Sum and Hodge Podge of the Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race, which allows us to bring our kitchen to you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Beautifully Restored theater with stage that seats 175 comfortably. Private Bar also available. Private Entrance and dressing areas for your guests.
A word from Cibreo Italian Kitchen
From the beautiful interior featuring wood beams and stone walls, to the authentic Italian fare that includes fresh pastas tossed with seasonal vegetables, Cibréo delivers a traditional Tuscan experience. Serving lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibreo Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland / Playhouse Square ›
Cibreo Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (85)romantic (78)good for groups (55)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (20)late-night find (15)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice atmosphere; Fair+ foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived for dinner right after the show rush ended. Food still came out a bit slow. Decor is really nice... like a Tuscan castle. The meal portions are small and mediocre+(not bad, just nothing special). Linguine & claim had no more than 6 very tiny clams (I recall less) for $22.00. I don't mind a smaller portion, but not at a top dollar ala carte price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at this restaurant a few times because of its close proximity to the theatre. This time, the food was fair at best. The beans served with the veal were undercooked. The veal cut was not the best and was chewy. The portions are also very small. It took about 20 minutes from being seated until our order was taken. It took another 30 minutes before our food was served, so if you have tickets to a show, make sure you give yourself a good amount of lead time. The restaurant was very loud, but that is to be expected on a Friday night.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went to this restaurant before the theater. The food was great and served in perfect time. The waiter was very knowledgeable and made several good recommendations. It was the beginning of a wonderful evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Second time here. Just as good as the first. We were attending a performance at the Allen theater and we were served in plenty of time. They are able to meet the challenge of serving a theater crowd in a timely manner with good food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown & worth itjmarion93Dined on 10/16/2014Very convenient location in Playhouse Square. Though a storefront, the interior is upscale and inviting. The food quality and wine list are better than average. Perhaps not a destination, but if you are looking for something in this area, it is definately worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014A convenient choice when attending events in Playhouse Square. Food is good, service staff cognizant of getting quests to theatre on time. It is a little noisy. I would not choose for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPAYoungDined on 10/15/2014Always enjoy dining at Cibreo Italian Kitchen. Our group of 5 enjoyed a variety of food offerings before heading across the street to enjoy a show at Playhouse Square.Special Features:
- fair experiencepreplaydiningDined on 10/14/2014We were a bit disappointed with our experience this time. The food was just average, bread was not as fresh as last time. Meals were less than "hot". Our service was just adequate.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food and atmosphere are great at Cibreo but our server could have used some assistance. He was doing a good job considering the number of tables he had and the number of people at the tables. The restaurant needs to staff up for pre-show crowds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigJimDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is consistently solid. Food is very good and service is always where it needs to be...attentive, but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the specialPierWisBetterDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went to dinner prior to the Broadway series. Our waiter highly recommened the chiefs special creation which was cornish hen. It came out looking burnt and it was very dry. The couple next to us ordered the same. Both tables complained about the quality and it was taken off both of our checks. There was not enough time to order something else and still make it to the play on time. I felt the entire place was over priced. I travel a great deal and I eat at many very nice restraurants, this was not one of those.
- kaccDined on 10/11/2014we had a wonderful meal, the serivce was excellant, especially our waitess Nicole Bigors, she was very nice and friendly, also the bartenders, will return, the location is very nice, if you are attending a show @ playhouse squareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceHandDDined on 10/11/2014We have been to this place 7-8 times now and the food and service is good and consisent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcoprsniteoutDined on 10/10/2014We went to dinner before a show at the playhouse and the food was exceptional. It was a bit pricey for what I got, however the closeness to the playhouse and the atmosphere of the restaurant justified the price a little. A restaurant one must definitely try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioustheatergoerDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious, the servings were generous, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and decorRemarkDined on 10/8/2014It is good to know that there still exists a restaurant where one can get a value meal in an environment that lends itself to a bit of class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealTheatregirlsDined on 10/8/2014The Pan Seared Bronzini was excellent. The atmosphere was perfect and the staff made sure that we had our meals and our check in time for us to get to the theatre before the start of the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ dining downtownelmeDined on 10/8/2014At last....a downtown restaurant that gets it! The tables are generous sized even for a two-top and spaced nicely so that neither the wait staff nor the other diners are so close that it becomes claustrophobic. And the service is nicely paced, even on a sold-out theatre night. :) On top of all of this, the food is superb...nice portions (neither too small nor too large)...and the drinks are excellent. This is double thumbs-up.Special Features:
- readyforHaufbraHousePlayhouseroadieDined on 10/7/2014Food was just OK - it seems to have gone downhill from the earlier days when we thought it was spectacular. Had the squash risotto -- kind of globby but taste was good. Nothing spectacular about it, especially the presentation. Friend had salmon that she said was excellent. Service was slow and poor and it wasn't really crowded when we first got there. Waited forever for drinks. Nice ambiance though and big advantage that it is convenient for theater-goers which is a big plus, but there are other options nearby now. Really wish food would get better because it's a lovely little place.Special Features:
- LunchaasheDined on 10/7/2014The calamari was wonderful and my server was on top of her game.Special Features:
- ChocolateloverDined on 10/6/2014Server was informative and provided excellent recommendations. Presentation was lovely while the food was creative and flavorful. Especially enjoyed the Mushroom Bruchetta appetizer. Salmon was flavorful and the portion was large. Have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUV2EATLUV2EATDined on 10/5/2014YOU WON ME BACK, IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE I WAS THERE, BOLOGANSE WAS GREAT ALONG WITH CIBREO SALAD. GOOD VIBES FROM OUR TABLE AND OTHERS. SERVER MICHAEL WAS FANTASTIC. SEE YOU SOONSpecial Features:
- convenientredgar52VIPDined on 10/4/2014This is right across from Playhouse Square so it's convenient....but I've eaten there four times now and find it a real snooze. Heavy on pasta and carbs..the same pesto (which is just average) comes with numerous dishes, the arugula listed on several dishes comes with maybe one piece. The menu is not creative, the food not diverse, next to nothing that isn't laden with carbs and calories. Best thing about it location. Otherwise go to one of the other unique and fine restaurants in Cleveland. The new Vin 216 in Playhouse Square has great small plates.. Try it!
- Great, as their other restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014The group that owns this, Welshfield Inn, Washington Place and the Apple Orchard on the West side do an excellent job. Highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Wonderful place but dimly litKatesTakeDined on 10/3/2014We dine at Cibreo often primarily because of its proximity to shows at Playhouse Square. It's charming and the food is outstanding, but for an older adult who relies upon glasses, the muted overhead lighting just isn't enough. And although I know it's a trendy and with a nod to the chef's culinary skills, I do want salt and pepper shakers on my table; I don't want to feel awkward asking for these. Great ambiance and a good vibe to the place, and service really caters to the theater crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nite1willie123Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent dining experience. Not only was the service exceptional, we were in and out in enough time to make our play. Food was wonderful, much better than expected. Actually, our entire dinner was soo much more fresh and tasteful than our recent dinner at Johnny's Downtown on Sixth St. Will be recommending this place again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fussydinerwojoDined on 10/3/2014I would strongly recommend Cibero to anyone looking for a fine dining experience. Depth of flavor, presentation and quality of the meal was topmost. Server was very attentive and without being overbearing. Willing to accomodate special requests. Whehter its a night at the theater, a scpecial occasion or just our for a good meal, make this one of your top choices in Cleveland ( I don't live in Cleveland).Special Features:
- Pre-theater dinnerOhleroyDined on 10/1/2014Excellent place to grab a fabulous dinner before heading to playhouse square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinner before PlayhouseSusGBVIPDined on 9/27/2014Cibreo does a nice job. They can manage to get you out in time for your curtain. The food is good. The menu can get boring if you go often. Reasonably priced.
- Been a hit every visit.veggieloverDined on 9/26/2014The meal at Cibreo was delicious, as expected. Service was prompt, allowing us plenty of time to get to the theater on time without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Beautiful venuePJSI2VIPDined on 9/24/2014Delicious Italian food and wonderful, attentive service by Pamela Jean and Paige!! Charming setting. Great before theater dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connVIPDined on 9/20/2014risotto was very good. Service was attentive and friendlySpecial Features:
- BengDined on 9/20/2014What a great restaurant. We had a wonderful time, the food was excellent. Thanks!Special Features:
- Classy eveningplanaheadladyDined on 9/20/2014We had a lovely dinner before the theater. Great server - Charles - very knowledgeable about drinks and food choices. Also knew when play started so we would be on time. All items were served in a timely, unobtrusive manner, and dishes cleared with efficiency. Caprese salad was very fresh and tasty. Entrees were served hot and full-flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cicero After Show DinnerTheaterLoverDined on 9/20/2014After seeing The Little Foxes we went over to Cibreo and enjoyed their specials that day---a lamb chop and crab risotto ---that were both delicious. Our waiter Mike served us well and made the dining experience very enjoyable!Special Features:
- most enjoyableBillVIPDined on 9/19/2014Service was very slow at the beginning but improved as the meal wore on. Food was delicious. We had a wonderful table at the window which was quiet. Hihly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experienceKpriceVIPDined on 9/19/2014The service and the management here is top notch! The convenience to the theater is so nice, we couldn't be happier to have a nice restaurant to eat at prior to the shows! Everyone's meals were outstanding, no complaints here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014seated near entrance very busy area, waitress said restaurant out of one of ingredients in drink order then said they had it and could make the drink which turned out ok. meal too salty. salad boring. didn't try dessertSpecial Features:
- goodplayhousesquaresiteDined on 9/13/2014poor welcome--we were early for our reservation, because the web site wouldn't let us pick earlier than 6:30. food was very average --at bestSpecial Features:
- Great foodOurnewfavoriteDined on 9/12/2014Great service and great food. Try the vegetable lasagna even if you are not a vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.