767 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 681-1616
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, thursday 11:00 - 300pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 5:30PM - 11:00pm Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pagano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cibo
Cibo is a contemporary American Restaurant with a seasonally changing menu of Tuscan inspired dishes. Each year Cibo’s executive chef looks forward to and is inspired by Autumn’s abundant and exquisite offerings. This year is no exception. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for 2 or a business lunch for 30, we invite you to enjoy these culinary creations in our comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Cibo’s 2014 Seasonal Summer Menu is now being served!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (28)great for lunch (26)special occasion (25)great for brunch (23)romantic (13)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Gem named CiboArizonaPamDined on 11/19/2014I have been a Cibo affecionado for going on 20 years. From its opening days when now famous Chef Tyler Florence was the executive chef to today, the quality of the food, the elegant but comfortable ambiance and the warmth and professionalism of the staff have remained consistent. I never miss a chance when I'm in NYC to stop by for a relaxing and totally satisfying dining experience. The genuine hospitality and charm of owner Ray and Maitre'D James assure that you will feel welcome and cared for from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasuredocky2VIPDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant never disappoints. James and the staff are welcoming, helpful, attentive and just plain the best. The food is wellprepared and very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTTravelersDined on 11/8/2014The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Had the bolognese, which was fair. We were there early (6:00) and waitstaff was attentive when we arrived. But we had to "flag" them down after waiting 20 minutes to clear the dishes when we were through. Also then waited about 20 minutes for our desserts, which after 15 minutes he told us the turnovers were baked to order (even though we had asked if we should order dessert at the same time as our meals since we did the Prix Fix). We had been there before a few years ago, but I remembered it as being better back then.
- Great Food. Service PoorMamaNanDined on 11/8/2014There was a large party in the next room so unfortunately that impacted our service. We had to wait a long time between courses. The food was outstanding. The private dining room was extremely loud- though our area was lovely and quiet. When it came time for coffee we were told that because of the large group there were no more cups! One in our group had the fixe menu and coffee was included so he finally found a cup after she mentioned it. Would I go back? Maybe. Kudos to the Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lacking, setting lovelyMcLean1Dined on 11/2/2014On a busy Sunday night, we were the ONLY patrons. Charming staff. Food just not up to the task. None of my friends finished their selections. Olive Garden cuisine. The waiter presented the evening special of steak with a (gasp) baked potato like even he couldn't believe how lame it was! Sorry. Beautiful space.Special Features:
- notpleased1Dined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent and the staff was outstanding. I called ahead to order chanmpagne when we arrived, and I dropped off a gift and some flowers for the denner party. Everything was set up as requested, and the staff went out of their way to make it a special birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JaneVIPDined on 10/28/2014Cibo's never fails....first class food and first class service! Ray owns and manages a terrific restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowdogDined on 10/26/2014Excellent brunch and the waiters really kept my four year old grandson happy. Thank you.Special Features:
- Lovely LuncheatdrinkandBmerryDined on 10/20/2014Having had a really lovely lunch on my first visit with friends, I am looking forward to returning for dinner and their weekend brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatEricVIPDined on 10/12/2014Always a wonderful dinning experience. The pumpkin ravioli was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatbabsr627Dined on 10/12/2014Have been here many times with small groups or 2 people, for brunch or lunch. Great service, good reliable food. Neighborhood delight. Great prices!Special Features:
- Great bunch midtown EastYogafriendVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food selection was very good and the food was well prepared. The service was excellent and the atmostphere was light and open. We could actually hear each other and have a relaxed brunch. The price was great. I would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableMJBNYCVIPDined on 9/29/2014Cibo is a wonderful neighborhood Resturant that always hits the mark with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meeting PlaceMickeyDined on 9/28/2014We have met various groups of friends for celebrations and lunch on Sundays. The food is always terrific, the staff is friendly and very anxious to please. Wherever we sit, it is always pleasing. Cibo is a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Went with the pre-fixe dinner $39 great value for such great food. Not rushed service. Quiet. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWinekingkottDined on 9/25/2014The restaurant is ok. I go there for business lunch all the time and like it. Would not recommend for dinner as it is relatively very expensive if you order a la cart. We were particularly astonished by the bad service. Our wIter kept checking his mobile phone and texting, with the text sound on, plain rude!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceeatandrunDined on 9/23/2014Went with a friend to Cibo for lunch. We both had the prix-fixe Hanger Steak lunch and mussels for an appetizer. Everything was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot near the UN!Mint2dineDined on 9/22/2014Lunch outside the UN during General Assembly Week is always a challenge. Cibo is close to the UN, but off the beaten track for many delegates. It's super for a quiet lunch and good service. Food is consistently good -- and if you are really hungry their specials are well-priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful service, great food and good value. Plenty of room between tables with a low noise level.Special Features:
- Always AwesomeOscarPapaZuluDined on 9/16/2014Dine here often and I always leave sated, and happy with the entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelybabsr627Dined on 9/14/2014Came with a small business group for a Sunday Brunch. Easy to reserve a table, table was just as requested. Service excellent--prompt, responsive, polite. Orders all correct. Food tasty. Very reasonable price for fixe-price brunch without the NY scene! Lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Pleasing the customerokemoDined on 9/13/2014Have frequented Cibo a number of times and while all is very good the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Always consistently good!; we love that it is located so close to all things midtown;quality service!Special Features:
- Go early for brunchGrandmaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Found this place because of its proximity to a friend's hotel. Picked it (from dozens) because of it's great reviews. We went at 11am for Sunday brunch, and for a while had the place to ourselves . The experience was as close to perfection as it gets. If you have read other of my reviews you might notice they are generally quite positive--this not because I'm easily pleased, but rather because using a combination of Open Table, MenuPages, and Yelp (including reviews), I can usually find the dining experience for which I am hoping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2014Extremely comfortable and welcoming. A wonderful choice for a civilized, tasty lunch with a front. Great for lingering and good conversation. Lovely, attentive, non-intrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in midtownZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 8/31/2014The service was right on, attentive, cordial, professional, and never rushed. They have a very nice prix fixe menu that has plenty of options and at $39 is hard to beat in midtown. We started with the Cibo Chopped Salad and the Homemade Mozzarella salad which were quite nice and bountiful portions. For the main course we had the Homemade Cavatelli with sweet fennel sausage and the Slow-braised Lamb Shank. Both were quite scrumptious and again, plentiful. While they have some nice dessert selections on the prix fixe menu they do offer more at the time you are ready to order. Again, good desserts and big portions! They have a nice wine selection and a full bar. The service was awesome and we will go back next time we are in NYC.Special Features:
- A pleasure each time I eat heredocky2VIPDined on 8/29/2014The place is very atrractive and has nice booths for more private visiting. The service is excellent, kind and caring. The food is very good and often original . Come and try.Special Features:
- Enjoy catching up with friendsSmileitzcontagiousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, great service. Loved the place! There was a nice variety of food, and I loved that they had a prefixe menu so you could try a few things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cibo reviewMissBDined on 8/28/2014Stopped in to Cibo the other night as I'd passed by the restaurant several times and wanted to try it. The host was very friendly and solicitous. I had the salmon with pineapple flavored basmati rice and kale. It was very flavorful although the salmon was not cooked medium rare as I requested. I was quite full so didn't order dessert although the dessert menu was very tempting. I did get two very delicious biscotti for the trip home. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great East Side Restaurant in 40'sDavidHDined on 8/23/2014Don't walk, run to Cibo. This restaurant consistently provides outstanding food and professional service in a attractive comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Cibo's a faveaudreDined on 8/17/2014Cibo is consistently delightful. Recently we took friends from Memphis to our neighborhood gem. When walking in the door you are genuinely welcomed to their "home".Special Features:
- always a pleasuredocky2VIPDined on 8/14/2014this is one of my favorite places to go for lunch or dinner. The food is very good, the service excellent and the place attractive and comfortabele. I wish it were a little less noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place. Great Food & Staff.CtDinerDined on 8/13/2014Cibo has delicious, creatively prepared food, a very professional and friendly staff and a nicely appointed dining room. There's also a parking garage located conveniently across the street making it easy to visit. We ate there after a Broadway show and our dinner was a perfect compliment to our visit.Special Features:
- Very good every timeWorldTravelDined on 8/8/2014Both the Food and service are always great. The wine selection also very good and not over priced. Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Leisurely brunchPita1Dined on 8/3/2014Quiet setting perfect for our group of 6 to talk. Service was very slow, but the food was good. Price is very reasonableSpecial Features:
- DisappointingJacKEDined on 8/2/2014My husband has come to cibo for business lunches so we thought we would try it for dinner with friends visiting from out of town. What a mistake. Food looked good on the menu but in reality it was tasteless and undistinguished. Absolute nothing special here. In a city with so many good restaurants, this would not be my recommendation. I felt embarrassed that we took our friends here. Our server was lovely but it took forever to get our drinks and bread. Wish it had been better.
- The following 508 reviews are from the Cibo reviews archive.
- Good food, great serviceDivineFoodDined on 7/22/2014I have been to Cibo many times. Food is consistently good. Service is always outstanding. It is a pretty place with lots of room. Fixe prixe dinner is a great value.Special Features:
- Concistently A TreatNYChowhoundVIPDined on 7/19/2014Love this restaurant. It never fails to please with excellent food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatBarrybeeVIPDined on 7/15/2014We meet our out of town and out of area friends at Cibo whenever there is a need to get together at a central place. Parking is either on the street or inexpensive. We love the food and the servers are always pleasant. It is our "go to" restaurant in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Had Higher ExpectationsPeng9608Dined on 7/12/2014The ambiance is wonderful and the meal began on a high note with delicious bread and cheese with olive oil and balsamic. It was truly delicious. Our appetizers were also excellent-tomatoes with mozzarella/roasted peppers. My husband ordered the mussels which were very tasty. For a main meal, I ordered the hanger steak (special) and it was tough and stringy. My husband ordered the strip steak which was just OK-nothing special.