767 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibonyc.com/
- Phone: 2126811616x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, thursday 11:00 - 300pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 5:30PM - 11:00pm Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pagano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cibo
Cibo is a contemporary American Restaurant with a seasonally changing menu of Tuscan inspired dishes. Each year Cibo’s executive chef looks forward to and is inspired by Summer’s fresh and exquisite offerings. This year is no exception. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for 2 or a business lunch for 30, we invite you to enjoy these culinary creations in our comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Cibo’s 2014 Seasonal Summer Menu is now being served!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (22)good for groups (22)great for brunch (19)romantic (9)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Came with a small business group for a Sunday Brunch. Easy to reserve a table, table was just as requested. Service excellent--prompt, responsive, polite. Orders all correct. Food tasty. Very reasonable price for fixe-price brunch without the NY scene! Lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Pleasing the customerokemoDined on 9/13/2014Have frequented Cibo a number of times and while all is very good the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Always consistently good!; we love that it is located so close to all things midtown;quality service!Special Features:
- Go early for brunchGrandmaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Found this place because of its proximity to a friend's hotel. Picked it (from dozens) because of it's great reviews. We went at 11am for Sunday brunch, and for a while had the place to ourselves . The experience was as close to perfection as it gets. If you have read other of my reviews you might notice they are generally quite positive--this not because I'm easily pleased, but rather because using a combination of Open Table, MenuPages, and Yelp (including reviews), I can usually find the dining experience for which I am hoping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2014Extremely comfortable and welcoming. A wonderful choice for a civilized, tasty lunch with a front. Great for lingering and good conversation. Lovely, attentive, non-intrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in midtownZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 8/31/2014The service was right on, attentive, cordial, professional, and never rushed. They have a very nice prix fixe menu that has plenty of options and at $39 is hard to beat in midtown. We started with the Cibo Chopped Salad and the Homemade Mozzarella salad which were quite nice and bountiful portions. For the main course we had the Homemade Cavatelli with sweet fennel sausage and the Slow-braised Lamb Shank. Both were quite scrumptious and again, plentiful. While they have some nice dessert selections on the prix fixe menu they do offer more at the time you are ready to order. Again, good desserts and big portions! They have a nice wine selection and a full bar. The service was awesome and we will go back next time we are in NYC.Special Features:
- A pleasure each time I eat heredocky2VIPDined on 8/29/2014The place is very atrractive and has nice booths for more private visiting. The service is excellent, kind and caring. The food is very good and often original . Come and try.Special Features:
- Enjoy catching up with friendsSmileitzcontagiousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, great service. Loved the place! There was a nice variety of food, and I loved that they had a prefixe menu so you could try a few things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cibo reviewMissBDined on 8/28/2014Stopped in to Cibo the other night as I'd passed by the restaurant several times and wanted to try it. The host was very friendly and solicitous. I had the salmon with pineapple flavored basmati rice and kale. It was very flavorful although the salmon was not cooked medium rare as I requested. I was quite full so didn't order dessert although the dessert menu was very tempting. I did get two very delicious biscotti for the trip home. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great East Side Restaurant in 40'sDavidHDined on 8/23/2014Don't walk, run to Cibo. This restaurant consistently provides outstanding food and professional service in a attractive comfortable setting.Special Features:
- always a pleasuredocky2VIPDined on 8/14/2014this is one of my favorite places to go for lunch or dinner. The food is very good, the service excellent and the place attractive and comfortabele. I wish it were a little less noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place. Great Food & Staff.CtDinerDined on 8/13/2014Cibo has delicious, creatively prepared food, a very professional and friendly staff and a nicely appointed dining room. There's also a parking garage located conveniently across the street making it easy to visit. We ate there after a Broadway show and our dinner was a perfect compliment to our visit.Special Features:
- Very good every timeWorldTravelDined on 8/8/2014Both the Food and service are always great. The wine selection also very good and not over priced. Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Leisurely brunchPita1Dined on 8/3/2014Quiet setting perfect for our group of 6 to talk. Service was very slow, but the food was good. Price is very reasonableSpecial Features:
- DisappointingJacKEDined on 8/2/2014My husband has come to cibo for business lunches so we thought we would try it for dinner with friends visiting from out of town. What a mistake. Food looked good on the menu but in reality it was tasteless and undistinguished. Absolute nothing special here. In a city with so many good restaurants, this would not be my recommendation. I felt embarrassed that we took our friends here. Our server was lovely but it took forever to get our drinks and bread. Wish it had been better.
- Good food, great serviceDivineFoodDined on 7/22/2014I have been to Cibo many times. Food is consistently good. Service is always outstanding. It is a pretty place with lots of room. Fixe prixe dinner is a great value.Special Features:
- Concistently A TreatNYChowhoundVIPDined on 7/19/2014Love this restaurant. It never fails to please with excellent food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatBarrybeeVIPDined on 7/15/2014We meet our out of town and out of area friends at Cibo whenever there is a need to get together at a central place. Parking is either on the street or inexpensive. We love the food and the servers are always pleasant. It is our "go to" restaurant in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Had Higher ExpectationsPeng9608Dined on 7/12/2014The ambiance is wonderful and the meal began on a high note with delicious bread and cheese with olive oil and balsamic. It was truly delicious. Our appetizers were also excellent-tomatoes with mozzarella/roasted peppers. My husband ordered the mussels which were very tasty. For a main meal, I ordered the hanger steak (special) and it was tough and stringy. My husband ordered the strip steak which was just OK-nothing special.
- Good Value and ServiceMartyDined on 7/11/2014Cibo is a nice restaurant for lunches and dinners, withgood value, a price fixed menu and very good service. It is not too loud and can be appropriateor either a business or a social meal.Special Features:
- Mediocre Burger; No Madding CrowdTheWallStreetPoetDined on 7/11/2014First visit for a business luncheon. Great location as off beaten path and away from tourists but average burger, inferior to pub fare. Will return if need lunch meeting place on East Side but may stick to salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Restaurant was virtually empty yet it still too waiter forever to come over and serve usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the portions are getting smallered1111Dined on 7/2/2014I still love the place, but the portions are getting smaller Ambiance and service will still bring me backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, alwaysPJNYCVIPDined on 6/24/2014Everything was great except the service was exceptionally slow. That's unusual so I will definitely be back and check it out again. Cibo is always great. I recommend it highly, for lunch, dinner, brunch, large groups, small groups, couples, everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ChallengesHedgehogVIPDined on 6/24/2014This pleasant little neighborhood place continues to struggle with quality control. Last time they completely forgot a dessert order. This time they managed to bring all our dishes BUT the tuna in the seared tuna salad was tough to the point of being inedible (on the plus side, the smoked tomato soup was very good). I want to like this place but it keeps letting me down on basics. I am not giving up however!
- ACatDined on 6/19/2014service and attention from the staff was noteworthy. Noise level was a little too high but there was a special party going on so when the party departed, the noise level returned to very tolerable levels. Food was very good. first time there for me and my friends and we would all happily return for another evening. very much recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a lovely lunchmacnycVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is my favorite Midtown lunch spot. Good food, wonderful, professional service and quiet - what more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysEricVIPDined on 6/14/2014Cibo is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. A true gem.Special Features:
- Last minute findAd0maticVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had a client in town and our meeting ran late and we missed our lunch reservation at another nearby restaurant. We quickly needed a spot for 10. Cibo accommodated us and the food was great and came out quickly. The servers seemed a bit over zealous...clearing plates before people we finished, filling tap water in a sparkling water glass....knocking things over. But the food was good so I would go back next time I have to take a client to lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchDougInCTDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful prix fixe brunch. We were seated immediately (with our Open Table reservation). Many choices on the menu. Everything was delicious. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- A place to go back to & go back todocky2VIPDined on 6/5/2014I have had lunches and dinners and an event at this wonderful restaurant. The staff is so accomodating and warm , good food, nice atmosphere, excellent help. what could be better? Many thanks to James for making it happen.Special Features:
- Wonderful, reliable restaurantmacnycVIPDined on 6/3/2014I've never had a bad meal at Cibo, and the waitstaff and management are among the best in town. Always friendly and accommodating, Cibo is a wonderful neighborhood respite in midtown. The specials are always good value, the food is excellent, with both traditional and inventive items, the space is elegant, but comfortable. Cibo is a well kept secret. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/29/2014Very reasonable prixe fixe lunches and dinners with good variety of choicesSpecial Features:
- as promisedweekendbrunchDined on 5/25/2014had a great time and would certainly revisit. thought the menu options and the prixfix were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 489 reviews are from the Cibo reviews archive.
- JimboDined on 5/19/2014My buddy and I made a last minute reservation for lunch and I am glad that we chose Cibo. The restaurant is convenient, the staff is extraordinarily friendly and the food is really good. Great wines and martinis. What else could you ask for?Special Features:
- Just okay for brunchcapatDined on 5/18/2014I booked a table for 4 at Cibo for Sunday brunch. Three of us ordered from the brunch prix fix menu--it's $20 for two courses, coffee and a drink (mimosa or soda). We weren't asked about the mimosa and not all of our coffees were added into the package and wound up being charged separately. My scrambled eggs with bacon and the eggs benedict were good. The french toast was dripping in oil and grease for some reason. My friend could not eat it and I don't blame her. She didn't say anything to the waiter but after 30 minutes, he came over and offered something else. The kitchen made her pancakes, which were fine. We appreciated that but otherwise service was slow. It took us 20 minutes to get the check. Not the worst but I won't go back.Special Features:
- Can we talk??!DesignerDinerVIPDined on 5/16/2014Cibo is a great place to go when you actually want to have a conversation with the folks you are dining with! All four of us enjoyed our terrific dinners while catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeMaggieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Which spells inconsistency. I had a problem with a too heavy red thick sauced pasta dish --the ameritalian kind.Special Features:
- Nice for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/14/2014Pleasant lunch, with accommodating service. The manager makes sure all is going smoothly and handled an issue that we hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms DDDNYDined on 5/11/2014Been eating there since they opened. Its always consistent, good food, good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features: