Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
522 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1K4Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibowinebar.com/
- Phone: 4165043939x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30am - 12:00am
(Kitchen open until 11:00pm)
Thursday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00am
(Kitchen open until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Saverio Macri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Champagne Brunch - Every Saturday + Sunday from 11.30am -4.00pm. $35 per person; includes bottle of Champagne. Tax and Gratuity not included. Minimum two people.
Lobster Tuesdays. Every Tuesday After 4pm enjoy fresh Whole Lobster in a selection of signature dishes.
Cibo Sociale. Every Thursday 4pm-7pm. Features and Specials on classic and signature cocktails, domestic beers, select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
Cibo Wine Bar offers a truly authentic Italian experience in a contemporary yet soulful environment. This vibrant eatery is ideally situated in the heart of the city's entertainment and restaurant district. The original raw edge of this 8000 sq ft property has been creatively designed into a modern yet fully inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (154)notable wine list (151)special occasion (108)hot spot (108)romantic (105)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (82)great for outdoor dining (63)vibrant bar scene (62)great for lunch (61)great for brunch (34)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The only issue was that our server was slow and not as attentive given that we dined on a Sunday. The kitchen also ran out of gnocchi . A staple itme on their menu at 7:30 pm? We ordered appetizer, salad and main. The salad came with the main. Our preference would have been to eat it before the main meal. Salad portion could have been a little larger as we were sharing. The waiter did apologize about the length to wait for our salad and main meal and not being able to serve us gnocchi. Everyone did enjoy their meals when they arrived and the wine selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Honestly looked up Wine Bars in Toronto on google and decided to take a shot on this place and I have to say WOW!!!!!! Went for brunch and left in awwww and totally satisfied..... New favorite place downtown!!!!!!!!!! Wine, Food and Atmosphere was Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- First times a charmCateyesDined on 9/13/2014I was celebrating my birthday with 3 girlfriends. I was looking forward to the dinner. We were greeted promptly and seated at our table immediately. We asked to be moved to the more lively section of the restaurant however we could not be accommodated which was a little disappointing as the section we were in to the left of the entrance was more suitable for a romantic dinner. Service was good. At times a little slow but no real issues Food was fantastic. The polenta fries were the best I ever had and the Gorgonzola dip was to die for Big portion of appetizer salas which was great ! I had the short ribs which were tender and tasty and a big portion Espresso was not good, tasted burnt Overall I would recommend and I would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Good food. Good atmosphere. Was great food. Waitress was helpful. Was late pouring more wine, we beat her to it. Dessert menu should be re vamped. Wasn't a ... I need to eat this now" menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Best place in Toronto by far! Will definitely return over and over again. A gem in my booksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitrobmDined on 9/13/2014This was our second visit to CIBO. Our party of 7 really enjoy it. We were there in the early afternoon, and service was prompt. The appetizers were a great start. Especially the Arrancini (fried rice balls). Everyone seem to enjoy their pasta's. My seafood linguini was excellent. Last visit we had pizza's which were excellent as well. One of the mains was a bit late and the manager went out of her way to make up for it -- even though we did not make an issue out of it. It's nice when someone does what they think is right. Instead of waiting for the customer to complain. Touch of class. I have no problem recommending this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food was very bland. uninspiring. Salami plate was good but boring presentation. Polenta fries good. Octopus salad was rubbery. Pappardelle with lamb the best pasta we ordered but again, bland. The best part of the night was that John Travolta was There that night and we got to see him up close. 😄
- Good experience overallLoveTOguyDined on 9/11/2014Trendy hot spot worth checking out. Great ambiance and qaulity of food. Service could have been better - staff seemed a bit cold and after done eating the empty plates sat on table far too long. Witnessed another guest having to get up to find server after waiting a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallycapDined on 9/7/2014Great place. Food good but not spectacular.service friendly and very good.lighting is perfect, not too bright ,but good enough to read the menu! Menu has good choice and food not too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Somewhat different, upscale, and obviously with an Italian focus. Everything you could expect, from omelets to thin crust pizza.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our service was absolutely outstanding! Our waitress Rebecca was funny, attentive, polite, professional and fun! She made our experience a memorable one and we look forward to returning and requesting her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FantasticKingWestMDined on 9/6/2014CIBO is a neighbourhood favourite, lively with excellent authentic dishes and a great wine list. The managers make sure every table is felt welcomed - and wine is half price on Thursdays from 4pm- 7!Special Features:
- TerrificVegetarianchickDined on 9/6/2014We were on our way to a tiff launch party so I chose a place just around the corner. Cibo, I recognized as a name thinking I'd been there before - it turns out we hadn't but it was a terrific dinner with friends. Great location, nice restaurant - good food (very similar to Terroni on Adelaide but far more flexible with the menu) we enjoyed pizza, calamari, lasagna, and the funghi appetizer with some salad. All were good. Did it stand out as an amazing meal? No, but it's common fare and it was very good. They were super busy that night so one of the things I'd ask for (a change in the pizza toppings) couldn't be accommodated - which was no big deal. The servers were pleasant and knowledgeable. It was a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food the vine and a great bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service8tacDined on 9/6/2014I dined here with a group of friends during TIFF - we had early reservations and despite the restaurant being nearly empty, the service was absolutely terrible. The waitress brought out the wrong dish for one of us, and it took almost 10 minutes for them to prepare the one she actually ordered - the rest of us were done our main courses by the time hers arrived. Other than a cursory apology, no efforts were made to compensate (i.e. offer a complimentary dessert). My meal would have been delicious, other than the fact that it was served cold. Our server did not come back to our table after bringing us our main courses to offer cheese, pepper, or see how everything was. Overall, a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- OverpricedEagles5040VIPDined on 9/2/2014I have been in some overpriced wine bars in Toronto, but this is the worst. Way, way, way overpriced for wine. A rip-off in fact. Bottles are at least 4X retail (not even wholesale) and the 5 oz. pour is a disgrace. Pizza was good but I'd never come back due to the wine prices.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineMike28aVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to Cibo for a different evening' safer after sampling days of Toronto's Asian restaurants. We were delighted by the terrific Insalata Caprese, with a luscious mozzarella. My Gorgonzola pizza was great, fresh from the wood oven and my wife's ravioli were close to perfect. Our Server, Mike E., was great, with lots of food knowledge, very nice wine pairings, and overall attentive service. Definitively a go-to in the future.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian foodsabzDined on 8/31/2014Decor was beautiful. Italian selection food was great and the food was so fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, HORRIBLE service.jammmmmmmmmm16Dined on 8/30/2014This was not my first time at Cibo, however I will NOT be returning. Our server was nice, but absolutely horrible at her job. We were seated for 25 min before she came to take our drink orders&as we attempted to tell her what we would like to eat,she sped off. After 15 mins,we still didn't receive our drinks-we waved her down&ordered our app-she didn't even allow us to give our main orders before she took off again!We tried to flag her down but she was in her own world. We got our app BEFORE our drinks & there was no cutlery or plates on the table. Disgusting service, I'm ashamed Cibo would allow this, I expected MUCH more. Food is good but service is undoubtedly important, especially when you're dropping $200 for dinner.
- Great real Italian food & serviceNarinam15Dined on 8/30/2014Cibo is a great place to have an exquisite rustic Italian food that's cooked and presented so well! You enjoy every appetizer and meal. I went there with my boyfriend several times and brought my family and guests from New York and everyone was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousLouLouVIPDined on 8/29/2014No matter what I order at Cibo it's always delicious. Tagliatelle with pesto & shrimp is a favourite! Make sure you ask for hot peppers with your pasta - they're amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Food was average. The service was friendly but we waited 30 min. For our pizza. Took 1 hour and 20min for lunch!!!!!'
- CharmingShelleyDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant has a really unique atmosphere - it has a very warm, casual elegance. There were several areas in the restaurant that are ideal for small group entertaining. The food was excellent, pastas are homemade, there is an option of spelt pasta. The dessert we had - nutella pizza was outstanding. The staff is pleasant, but could be a little more "polished".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchJimmyJDined on 8/24/2014First time at restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. Quite an open concept with different food stations. All foods made fresh. Very appetizing. Young host staff were very efficient and pleasant. Decor was modern and OPEN space (wonderful). Wait service could have been better as had to seek staff to get salt/pepper - water - and coffee. As it was a buffet brunch, not sure that this would be the same if ordering directly from menu, but it was challenging to find wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHcat7VIPDined on 8/24/2014My family and I went there for the Sunday Italian Bubbles Brunch The food was absolutely amazing! Everything was fresh and made to order as you like it right before your eyes The service was unbelievable and everyone was extremely friendly. would definitely recommend Cibo for the Brunch and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of the best!asaeidDined on 8/23/2014What an amazing restaurant! Everything was fantastic, from decor and service to the delicious food. We had the organic salad with shrimp and polenta fries to start- polenta fries aren't new to me but theirs were perfectly crispy and flavourful. My husband had the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and raved about it while I enjoyed the lobster cannelloni. Delicious! The only thing that would have made it better would be more lemon as I could barely taste it. Our server was super attentive and friendly, making our dining experience that much more enjoyable. Their menu is huge for a restaurant of this calibre and we can't wait to come back next time we are in town to try out even more of their offerings!Special Features:
- Good dinner at CiboLarryDined on 8/23/2014We went for an early dinner (6pm) - Restaurant was fairly quiet inside, few people on outside patio. We had a table near the kitchen and the pizza guys were amusing but unobtrusive. I had the seafood risotto which was piping hot and full of shellfish - very tasty. Daughter had pasta dish and loved it, husband had the Americana pizza and he actually ate the whole thing rather than bringing some home for later! Service was good and we had an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Only order the OrrechietteNew99NewYorkDined on 8/21/2014Tagliatelle with cream sauce is awful heavy and mucky. Orrechiete amazing as well as the Carpaccio. Food served too quickly seemed pre prepared. Wait staff below average with no grace, fast food atmosphere in the evening. Caesar salad was horrible and limp. Hostess forgot about us and sat someone ahead of us with a later reservation. Ambience good was not too loud. Good service at lunch terrible in the evening. Place feels like Gusto but the food is a notch better you would go for the action. Restaurant is more concerned with turnover then a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both time's a charm!WestEndCityGirlDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Cibo twice now and enjoyed the experience thoroughly both times! Their pizza is amazing (Gargonzola) and the servers are always suggesting a great wine! I went few nights ago for my bday dinner with 8 friends and we were sat in the perfect round booth. It allowed for everyone to chat with eachother and have a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceSadBirthdayGirlDined on 8/20/2014The good was great and so was the decor but over all, the service wasn't. The hostesses gave me an extremly hard time for seating my reservation even though it was a issue that could have been resolved very easily. I am a hostess myself and would never tell a guest they couldn't come because they couldn't fit one more person in at the table. Pull up a chair is all I asked for and it could've been easily done without the 10 min lecture on why you couldn't do that. They eventually did, and we were fine. Service from the waitress was bad because she was rude and clearly didn't want to be there.
- Exceeded expectationsluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Excellent variety of food, something for everyone, just superb. Outstanding quality of cheeses, home made breads, sea food, pizza and pasta. Stylish decoration, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend for brunch and other occasions. I will return with friends and family.Special Features:
- Buon Cibo, buon vino, buoni amiciMarianLuvs2EatDined on 8/16/2014My headline sums up the great night I just had at Cibo! The pasta and wine recommendation was excellent! Great portions as well! I can't wait for another dinner datenight here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lo adoro!AndrewCDined on 8/16/2014Chic atmosphere, amazing service and delicious food. It's a busy spot on a Saturday night - reservations necessary. Definitely will return and would recommend. Suggestion: buffolo mozz plate, ravioli, chicken parm A note to the bad reviews here: I'm really perplexed as to how a few of my fellow yelpers had such a poor experience which results in an overall mediocre score for this resto. We almost changed the resto for our friend's birthday bc of these but I'm really glad we didn't! At the end of dinner, I told our fab fob Italian server that the food and her service were both outstanding.Special Features:
- FantasticLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was fantastic and entertaining. The food was excellent. Cibo was very accomodating to our special requests (allergies). I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CibololocouttsypooDined on 8/12/2014great service, great food, great atmosphere. Went here for my birthday and had a nice private section. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening Dining ExperienceJennifer8Dined on 8/10/2014I am usually very impressed with this restaurant as it used to be one of my favourites. We brought another couple for dinner with us and had raved about Cibo in the past. We sat out on the patio and the service was not what we were used to or had before at this restaurant. Our server seemed irritated when we told her the water glass was dirty (with lipstick stains) and when we asked for her to bring cutlery. We also had to flag her down to place our order. The server acted as if we were asking an odd question when we asked "can we please place our order?" The server forgot to bring bread to our table and then was slow on clearing our plates and asking if we wanted to order dessert.Special Features:
- excellent brunchOutandAboutDined on 8/10/2014Cibo has a wide variety a selections, from make your own pizza and pasta to eggs any style and antipasti to make everybody happy. My friends and I enjoyed a delicious relaxing brunch in a beautiful restaurant. Well done Cibo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in CiboCaljoundiDined on 8/9/2014I took my wife here on Saturday for our 8 year anniversary. The decor is fantastic and it's a great venue in an awesome part of the city. They have some killer drinks, good wines and I highly recommend the bourbon amaro. The food was decent, hit and miss. My pappardelle was to die for but the calamari we ordered was like chewing on a rubber band and my wife's spaghetti carbonara was mediocre at best. The worst part was the service. It took 2 hours to get our food delivered to us and while they did apologize, they took nothing off the bill nor did they offer a complimentary desert or drink to make up for the extremely long wait. It's not a bad place, but there's way better options out there for better food at the same or lower price.Special Features:
- Disappointingsheryl101Dined on 8/8/2014The menu looked great online so I made a reservation. When we arrived, other people who came after us but who were more dressed up were seated first. Hostesses were snobby and pretentious. When we were seated, our waitress brought us water quickly - but nothing else. She came back half an hour later and took our drink order. 45 minutes in and we just got our drinks and finally managed to order. Then we finally got some bread, which was really good (probably because I was famished at that point). Over an hour later, we received our food. My mushroom risotto was completely disappointing; bland! My boyfriend enjoyed his lasagne though. Overall, nice restaurant, but terrible service and subpar food. I wouldn't go back.
- AmazingsvitsDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic for date night. Incredible food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.