Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
522 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1K4Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibowinebar.com/
- Phone: 4165043939x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30am - 12:00am
(Kitchen open until 11:00pm)
Thursday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00am
(Kitchen open until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Saverio Macri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Champagne Brunch - Every Saturday + Sunday from 11.30am -4.00pm. $35 per person; includes bottle of Champagne. Tax and Gratuity not included. Minimum two people.
Lobster Tuesdays. Every Tuesday After 4pm enjoy fresh Whole Lobster in a selection of signature dishes.
Cibo Sociale. Every Thursday 4pm-7pm. Features and Specials on classic and signature cocktails, domestic beers, select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
Cibo Wine Bar offers a truly authentic Italian experience in a contemporary yet soulful environment. This vibrant eatery is ideally situated in the heart of the city's entertainment and restaurant district. The original raw edge of this 8000 sq ft property has been creatively designed into a modern yet fully inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (167)notable wine list (157)hot spot (115)fit for foodies (114)special occasion (113)romantic (110)neighborhood gem (83)vibrant bar scene (65)great for lunch (64)great for outdoor dining (61)great for brunch (40)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- CiboOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014A reservation was made 4 days ahead . When we arrived we were sitted on the side of the restaurant with fewer table which was extremely dark. The other side of the restsurant is where I had sat the last time which was cool and vibrant. The food was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequenter of CIBOLove2DineDined on 9/28/2014I have been to CIBO numerous time for drinks and dinner and love it every single time. The service is great and food spectacular. Coming from a very Italian household, we are sometimes weary about paying and eating our home/cultural cuisine out. CIBO has mastered this type of cuisine. This past weekend was my first time attending their brunch service and they did not disappoint...delicious! I recommend this restaurant to both my Italian and non Italian friends. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Cibo had a great atmosphere and good service but the food was very dissappointing. The apps were sub-par and pasta was even worse. Would recommend CIBO for drinks/wine but not dinner.Special Features:
- ErikatdotdinerDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious, the vibe was great, and then e service was outstanding. My reservation was for 7:30, arrived early at 7 and was seated right away. Food arrived withing 15 minutes of ordering (even though the restaurant was busy), was delicious and fair prices. Waiters worked as a team and were all very friendly and attentive. Great dining experience on a Friday evening!Special Features:
- Top notch RestaurantfredrickpalmbeachDined on 9/26/2014A mixture of Casual and Elegance. Very in spot. Food is excellent. Banquet benches (soft - great) and hard chairs (not so great). But huge wine selection - up tempo ambience - great spot - I'll be back. Good lunches as well.Special Features:
- cat7VIPDined on 9/21/2014Went there for the weekend brunch for the second time with my fiancé absolutely loved the food! Everything was made fresh right in front of you, the pizza, the pasta.... so delicious! I highly recommend it for their brunch, there is something there for everyone. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Ultimate fresh brunchluvgoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014Very fresh ingredients like you find at very fine restaurants, but in a more casual setting. Very Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlovers1234656Dined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing to die for just awesome!!! I Cannot wait to go back again and have amazing time having brunch! It was buffet style and it felt like all you can eat. the had egg station, pasta station,pizza station, seafood and dessert station. how amazing was it. The crowd ranges from old to young just a great blend of what Toronto has. This is gem on King St W hope it here to last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnthonyDined on 9/20/2014Very good Italian food. The atmosphere is noisy and the service can be a bit slow on busy weekends, but totally worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second experiencetoyumyumsDined on 9/20/2014I must say that the pastas at Cibo are the best. My only upset during my experience was the 30 minute wait WITH a reservation. That is just unacceptable when myself and my guest made the effort to be there on time. What's the point in making a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expeeinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Cibo was a great experience. Food was delicious, prices were reasonable, service was friendly. They served us cold coffee in the end but our server quickly resolved the problem by getting us a fresh pot. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaDieuDined on 9/20/2014Cibo is literally one of the best restaurants that I've been to in Toronto, I must say it's in my top 20 list! As a food aficionado, I definitely recommend this cool place; food is great and authentic, prices are reasonable, ambiance is great with a loft-sense interior design and of course the wine menu is awesome!! I must say the management was very attentive and asked for our feedback at the spot. I'll be there as much as I can at least till I try all the foods on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Server was excellent; friendly and helpful. Hostess was less so. Food was good and plentiful. Fried calamari was overcooked, eggplant appetizer was outstanding. Didn't stay for dessert. Reserve seats in the actual dining room. We were seated near the front window which is away from the vibrant interior and lacked ambiance. We watched diners on their smoke break all evening. Asked to be seated in the actual restaurant but was told it was not available. Several tables sat empty our entire stay and another couple who were seated in our section asked to be moved and their request was granted. Not impressed.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerdininginnycDined on 9/17/2014Our first time here. The food was as good as described on reviews. Everything was delicious... Mediterranean mussels, bruschetta, pollo parmigiana and the tiramisu. The pasta with shrimp was missing the promised pine nuts, but the pasta was homemade and the sauce was great. The service was excellent when we arrived, but once it got busy, not that great. With a party of five, two bottles of wine and a few other drinks, our bill was what I expected it be, which I don't mind. However, if I am leaving a gratuity to correlate with that bill, I expect the service to be consistent throughout the meal. Having said that, we would go back. The food was delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The only issue was that our server was slow and not as attentive given that we dined on a Sunday. The kitchen also ran out of gnocchi . A staple itme on their menu at 7:30 pm? We ordered appetizer, salad and main. The salad came with the main. Our preference would have been to eat it before the main meal. Salad portion could have been a little larger as we were sharing. The waiter did apologize about the length to wait for our salad and main meal and not being able to serve us gnocchi. Everyone did enjoy their meals when they arrived and the wine selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!Chenzo76Dined on 9/14/2014Honestly looked up Wine Bars in Toronto on google and decided to take a shot on this place and I have to say WOW!!!!!! Went for brunch and left in awwww and totally satisfied..... New favorite place downtown!!!!!!!!!! Wine, Food and Atmosphere was Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- First times a charmCateyesDined on 9/13/2014I was celebrating my birthday with 3 girlfriends. I was looking forward to the dinner. We were greeted promptly and seated at our table immediately. We asked to be moved to the more lively section of the restaurant however we could not be accommodated which was a little disappointing as the section we were in to the left of the entrance was more suitable for a romantic dinner. Service was good. At times a little slow but no real issues Food was fantastic. The polenta fries were the best I ever had and the Gorgonzola dip was to die for Big portion of appetizer salas which was great ! I had the short ribs which were tender and tasty and a big portion Espresso was not good, tasted burnt Overall I would recommend and I would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good girls nightGirlniteDined on 9/13/2014Good food. Good atmosphere. Was great food. Waitress was helpful. Was late pouring more wine, we beat her to it. Dessert menu should be re vamped. Wasn't a ... I need to eat this now" menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Best place in Toronto by far! Will definitely return over and over again. A gem in my booksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitrobmDined on 9/13/2014This was our second visit to CIBO. Our party of 7 really enjoy it. We were there in the early afternoon, and service was prompt. The appetizers were a great start. Especially the Arrancini (fried rice balls). Everyone seem to enjoy their pasta's. My seafood linguini was excellent. Last visit we had pizza's which were excellent as well. One of the mains was a bit late and the manager went out of her way to make up for it -- even though we did not make an issue out of it. It's nice when someone does what they think is right. Instead of waiting for the customer to complain. Touch of class. I have no problem recommending this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food was very bland. uninspiring. Salami plate was good but boring presentation. Polenta fries good. Octopus salad was rubbery. Pappardelle with lamb the best pasta we ordered but again, bland. The best part of the night was that John Travolta was There that night and we got to see him up close. 😄
- Good experience overallLoveTOguyDined on 9/11/2014Trendy hot spot worth checking out. Great ambiance and qaulity of food. Service could have been better - staff seemed a bit cold and after done eating the empty plates sat on table far too long. Witnessed another guest having to get up to find server after waiting a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallycapDined on 9/7/2014Great place. Food good but not spectacular.service friendly and very good.lighting is perfect, not too bright ,but good enough to read the menu! Menu has good choice and food not too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Somewhat different, upscale, and obviously with an Italian focus. Everything you could expect, from omelets to thin crust pizza.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our service was absolutely outstanding! Our waitress Rebecca was funny, attentive, polite, professional and fun! She made our experience a memorable one and we look forward to returning and requesting her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FantasticKingWestMDined on 9/6/2014CIBO is a neighbourhood favourite, lively with excellent authentic dishes and a great wine list. The managers make sure every table is felt welcomed - and wine is half price on Thursdays from 4pm- 7!Special Features:
- TerrificVegetarianchickDined on 9/6/2014We were on our way to a tiff launch party so I chose a place just around the corner. Cibo, I recognized as a name thinking I'd been there before - it turns out we hadn't but it was a terrific dinner with friends. Great location, nice restaurant - good food (very similar to Terroni on Adelaide but far more flexible with the menu) we enjoyed pizza, calamari, lasagna, and the funghi appetizer with some salad. All were good. Did it stand out as an amazing meal? No, but it's common fare and it was very good. They were super busy that night so one of the things I'd ask for (a change in the pizza toppings) couldn't be accommodated - which was no big deal. The servers were pleasant and knowledgeable. It was a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food the vine and a great bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service8tacDined on 9/6/2014I dined here with a group of friends during TIFF - we had early reservations and despite the restaurant being nearly empty, the service was absolutely terrible. The waitress brought out the wrong dish for one of us, and it took almost 10 minutes for them to prepare the one she actually ordered - the rest of us were done our main courses by the time hers arrived. Other than a cursory apology, no efforts were made to compensate (i.e. offer a complimentary dessert). My meal would have been delicious, other than the fact that it was served cold. Our server did not come back to our table after bringing us our main courses to offer cheese, pepper, or see how everything was. Overall, a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- OverpricedEagles5040VIPDined on 9/2/2014I have been in some overpriced wine bars in Toronto, but this is the worst. Way, way, way overpriced for wine. A rip-off in fact. Bottles are at least 4X retail (not even wholesale) and the 5 oz. pour is a disgrace. Pizza was good but I'd never come back due to the wine prices.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineMike28aVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to Cibo for a different evening' safer after sampling days of Toronto's Asian restaurants. We were delighted by the terrific Insalata Caprese, with a luscious mozzarella. My Gorgonzola pizza was great, fresh from the wood oven and my wife's ravioli were close to perfect. Our Server, Mike E., was great, with lots of food knowledge, very nice wine pairings, and overall attentive service. Definitively a go-to in the future.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian foodsabzDined on 8/31/2014Decor was beautiful. Italian selection food was great and the food was so fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, HORRIBLE service.jammmmmmmmmm16Dined on 8/30/2014This was not my first time at Cibo, however I will NOT be returning. Our server was nice, but absolutely horrible at her job. We were seated for 25 min before she came to take our drink orders&as we attempted to tell her what we would like to eat,she sped off. After 15 mins,we still didn't receive our drinks-we waved her down&ordered our app-she didn't even allow us to give our main orders before she took off again!We tried to flag her down but she was in her own world. We got our app BEFORE our drinks & there was no cutlery or plates on the table. Disgusting service, I'm ashamed Cibo would allow this, I expected MUCH more. Food is good but service is undoubtedly important, especially when you're dropping $200 for dinner.
- Great real Italian food & serviceNarinam15Dined on 8/30/2014Cibo is a great place to have an exquisite rustic Italian food that's cooked and presented so well! You enjoy every appetizer and meal. I went there with my boyfriend several times and brought my family and guests from New York and everyone was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousLouLouVIPDined on 8/29/2014No matter what I order at Cibo it's always delicious. Tagliatelle with pesto & shrimp is a favourite! Make sure you ask for hot peppers with your pasta - they're amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Food was average. The service was friendly but we waited 30 min. For our pizza. Took 1 hour and 20min for lunch!!!!!'
- CharmingShelleyDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant has a really unique atmosphere - it has a very warm, casual elegance. There were several areas in the restaurant that are ideal for small group entertaining. The food was excellent, pastas are homemade, there is an option of spelt pasta. The dessert we had - nutella pizza was outstanding. The staff is pleasant, but could be a little more "polished".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchJimmyJDined on 8/24/2014First time at restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. Quite an open concept with different food stations. All foods made fresh. Very appetizing. Young host staff were very efficient and pleasant. Decor was modern and OPEN space (wonderful). Wait service could have been better as had to seek staff to get salt/pepper - water - and coffee. As it was a buffet brunch, not sure that this would be the same if ordering directly from menu, but it was challenging to find wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHcat7VIPDined on 8/24/2014My family and I went there for the Sunday Italian Bubbles Brunch The food was absolutely amazing! Everything was fresh and made to order as you like it right before your eyes The service was unbelievable and everyone was extremely friendly. would definitely recommend Cibo for the Brunch and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of the best!asaeidDined on 8/23/2014What an amazing restaurant! Everything was fantastic, from decor and service to the delicious food. We had the organic salad with shrimp and polenta fries to start- polenta fries aren't new to me but theirs were perfectly crispy and flavourful. My husband had the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and raved about it while I enjoyed the lobster cannelloni. Delicious! The only thing that would have made it better would be more lemon as I could barely taste it. Our server was super attentive and friendly, making our dining experience that much more enjoyable. Their menu is huge for a restaurant of this calibre and we can't wait to come back next time we are in town to try out even more of their offerings!Special Features: