Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
522 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1K4Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibowinebar.com/
- Phone: 4165043939x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30am - 12:00am
(Kitchen open until 11:00pm)
Thursday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00am
(Kitchen open until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Saverio Macri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Champagne Brunch - Every Saturday + Sunday from 11.30am -4.00pm. $35 per person; includes bottle of Champagne. Tax and Gratuity not included. Minimum two people.
Lobster Tuesdays. Every Tuesday After 4pm enjoy fresh Whole Lobster in a selection of signature dishes.
Cibo Sociale. Every Thursday 4pm-7pm. Features and Specials on classic and signature cocktails, domestic beers, select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
Cibo Wine Bar offers a truly authentic Italian experience in a contemporary yet soulful environment. This vibrant eatery is ideally situated in the heart of the city's entertainment and restaurant district. The original raw edge of this 8000 sq ft property has been creatively designed into a modern yet fully inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (145)good for groups (137)special occasion (105)romantic (100)hot spot (98)fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (73)vibrant bar scene (60)great for lunch (59)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (30)late-night find (29)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Slowest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Food was average. The service was friendly but we waited 30 min. For our pizza. Took 1 hour and 20min for lunch!!!!!'
- CharmingShelleyDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant has a really unique atmosphere - it has a very warm, casual elegance. There were several areas in the restaurant that are ideal for small group entertaining. The food was excellent, pastas are homemade, there is an option of spelt pasta. The dessert we had - nutella pizza was outstanding. The staff is pleasant, but could be a little more "polished".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014First time at restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. Quite an open concept with different food stations. All foods made fresh. Very appetizing. Young host staff were very efficient and pleasant. Decor was modern and OPEN space (wonderful). Wait service could have been better as had to seek staff to get salt/pepper - water - and coffee. As it was a buffet brunch, not sure that this would be the same if ordering directly from menu, but it was challenging to find wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHcat7VIPDined on 8/24/2014My family and I went there for the Sunday Italian Bubbles Brunch The food was absolutely amazing! Everything was fresh and made to order as you like it right before your eyes The service was unbelievable and everyone was extremely friendly. would definitely recommend Cibo for the Brunch and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of the best!asaeidDined on 8/23/2014What an amazing restaurant! Everything was fantastic, from decor and service to the delicious food. We had the organic salad with shrimp and polenta fries to start- polenta fries aren't new to me but theirs were perfectly crispy and flavourful. My husband had the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and raved about it while I enjoyed the lobster cannelloni. Delicious! The only thing that would have made it better would be more lemon as I could barely taste it. Our server was super attentive and friendly, making our dining experience that much more enjoyable. Their menu is huge for a restaurant of this calibre and we can't wait to come back next time we are in town to try out even more of their offerings!Special Features:
- Good dinner at CiboLarryDined on 8/23/2014We went for an early dinner (6pm) - Restaurant was fairly quiet inside, few people on outside patio. We had a table near the kitchen and the pizza guys were amusing but unobtrusive. I had the seafood risotto which was piping hot and full of shellfish - very tasty. Daughter had pasta dish and loved it, husband had the Americana pizza and he actually ate the whole thing rather than bringing some home for later! Service was good and we had an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Only order the OrrechietteNew99NewYorkDined on 8/21/2014Tagliatelle with cream sauce is awful heavy and mucky. Orrechiete amazing as well as the Carpaccio. Food served too quickly seemed pre prepared. Wait staff below average with no grace, fast food atmosphere in the evening. Caesar salad was horrible and limp. Hostess forgot about us and sat someone ahead of us with a later reservation. Ambience good was not too loud. Good service at lunch terrible in the evening. Place feels like Gusto but the food is a notch better you would go for the action. Restaurant is more concerned with turnover then a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both time's a charm!WestEndCityGirlDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Cibo twice now and enjoyed the experience thoroughly both times! Their pizza is amazing (Gargonzola) and the servers are always suggesting a great wine! I went few nights ago for my bday dinner with 8 friends and we were sat in the perfect round booth. It allowed for everyone to chat with eachother and have a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceSadBirthdayGirlDined on 8/20/2014The good was great and so was the decor but over all, the service wasn't. The hostesses gave me an extremly hard time for seating my reservation even though it was a issue that could have been resolved very easily. I am a hostess myself and would never tell a guest they couldn't come because they couldn't fit one more person in at the table. Pull up a chair is all I asked for and it could've been easily done without the 10 min lecture on why you couldn't do that. They eventually did, and we were fine. Service from the waitress was bad because she was rude and clearly didn't want to be there.
- Exceeded expectationsluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Excellent variety of food, something for everyone, just superb. Outstanding quality of cheeses, home made breads, sea food, pizza and pasta. Stylish decoration, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend for brunch and other occasions. I will return with friends and family.Special Features:
- Buon Cibo, buon vino, buoni amiciMarianLuvs2EatDined on 8/16/2014My headline sums up the great night I just had at Cibo! The pasta and wine recommendation was excellent! Great portions as well! I can't wait for another dinner datenight here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lo adoro!AndrewCDined on 8/16/2014Chic atmosphere, amazing service and delicious food. It's a busy spot on a Saturday night - reservations necessary. Definitely will return and would recommend. Suggestion: buffolo mozz plate, ravioli, chicken parm A note to the bad reviews here: I'm really perplexed as to how a few of my fellow yelpers had such a poor experience which results in an overall mediocre score for this resto. We almost changed the resto for our friend's birthday bc of these but I'm really glad we didn't! At the end of dinner, I told our fab fob Italian server that the food and her service were both outstanding.Special Features:
- FantasticLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was fantastic and entertaining. The food was excellent. Cibo was very accomodating to our special requests (allergies). I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CibololocouttsypooDined on 8/12/2014great service, great food, great atmosphere. Went here for my birthday and had a nice private section. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening Dining ExperienceJennifer8Dined on 8/10/2014I am usually very impressed with this restaurant as it used to be one of my favourites. We brought another couple for dinner with us and had raved about Cibo in the past. We sat out on the patio and the service was not what we were used to or had before at this restaurant. Our server seemed irritated when we told her the water glass was dirty (with lipstick stains) and when we asked for her to bring cutlery. We also had to flag her down to place our order. The server acted as if we were asking an odd question when we asked "can we please place our order?" The server forgot to bring bread to our table and then was slow on clearing our plates and asking if we wanted to order dessert.Special Features:
- excellent brunchOutandAboutDined on 8/10/2014Cibo has a wide variety a selections, from make your own pizza and pasta to eggs any style and antipasti to make everybody happy. My friends and I enjoyed a delicious relaxing brunch in a beautiful restaurant. Well done Cibo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in CiboCaljoundiDined on 8/9/2014I took my wife here on Saturday for our 8 year anniversary. The decor is fantastic and it's a great venue in an awesome part of the city. They have some killer drinks, good wines and I highly recommend the bourbon amaro. The food was decent, hit and miss. My pappardelle was to die for but the calamari we ordered was like chewing on a rubber band and my wife's spaghetti carbonara was mediocre at best. The worst part was the service. It took 2 hours to get our food delivered to us and while they did apologize, they took nothing off the bill nor did they offer a complimentary desert or drink to make up for the extremely long wait. It's not a bad place, but there's way better options out there for better food at the same or lower price.Special Features:
- Disappointingsheryl101Dined on 8/8/2014The menu looked great online so I made a reservation. When we arrived, other people who came after us but who were more dressed up were seated first. Hostesses were snobby and pretentious. When we were seated, our waitress brought us water quickly - but nothing else. She came back half an hour later and took our drink order. 45 minutes in and we just got our drinks and finally managed to order. Then we finally got some bread, which was really good (probably because I was famished at that point). Over an hour later, we received our food. My mushroom risotto was completely disappointing; bland! My boyfriend enjoyed his lasagne though. Overall, nice restaurant, but terrible service and subpar food. I wouldn't go back.
- AmazingsvitsDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic for date night. Incredible food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiencegirlsnightDined on 8/3/2014Service was off to a slow start and eventually picked up for our drink orders as we went for the self-serving Sunday buffet brunch. The space was very grand and almost medival-like. We loved the variety, however the dessert section was lacking. Pasta station was delicious and relatively quick. Would try again!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceMystticDined on 8/2/2014It was a fabulous dinner, perfect for girls night out.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceRolandDined on 8/2/2014Went for dinner to celebrate a friend's belated birthday. The service was good and accommodating. The food portions is generous (not excessive) and reasonably priced. Good selection of wine at all price levels. Noise level was moderate so conversation is easy without shouting (probably due to the high ceilings). Only complaint is that in some corners, the lighting is too dark to read the menu, see the food or your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaDined on 8/1/2014First time at CIBO. Our waiter James was amazing. Very helpful in recommending some good picks on the menu. The home-made pasta dish I had was fantastic. My only complaint would be the $15 glass of wine I had was a bit skimpy for the price. Overall great restaurant and ambiance. I would go back for the food not the wine.Special Features:
- Reliable and authenticeatingzenVIPDined on 8/1/2014The menu offers authentic Italian fare prepared simply and consistently. The pizzas are always good and the gnocchi special I had with fresh peas was particularly scrumptious.Special Features:
- cibo review--avoidavoidciboDined on 7/29/2014one of the worse dining experiences I had---waiters rushed and not friendly--when I asked for a glass of water he said you should know pasta arrabiata is spicy-- what does that have to do with anything--I wasn't complaining about the spice--complaint was the pasta was bone dry with a touch of sauce I had to ask for pepper--and not once during the meal did they ask if everything was ok or if we were happy Snobby cold and very average food. There are much better places in toronto
- Best italian restaurantfatburnDined on 7/28/2014Their home made pastas are sooooo yummy. Tiramisu was great. I just had dinner there 2 days ago and I am already thinking about next time. Highly recommended!! If u like italian food u have to try this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedItDined on 7/26/2014Service was slow but food was delicious. Hostess was great and accommodating but felt a little neglected with waiter because we were a smaller party with a smaller bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Nd44Dined on 7/26/2014Pleasantly surprised by the large food portions. Wasn't expecting them to be as big! Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be coming back soon!cremeblahDined on 7/18/2014An amazing first experience here for Summerlicious....I will be back. The food was amazing, the service excellent....the only pitfall was a very long wait, which resulted in my losing my next reservation at another venue after, we were seated at 8:30, and our dinner didn't wrap up until almost 11....YIKES! We suspected a lost order or something, as the server apologized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthy DrivefoodieatheartDined on 7/18/2014This was our second visit to Cibo and we were not disappointed in any way. Our table was perfect, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. We are looking forward to coming back and trying other delicious items from the menu. The restaurant came highly recommended by a colleague at work and is worth the drive into Toronto from Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlovers1234656Dined on 7/18/2014Amazing there is no complaining here. HAd an amazing time and love the food!! so to die for!! Can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, serviceSonaliDined on 7/18/2014Quick service, perfect for the professional at lunch. Good, unpretentious food; authentic Italian. Good vegetarian options. Decent portion sizes. Love the decor. Well-designed patio -- plenty of sun and shade as well as shelter from the wind. Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingVinaDined on 7/17/2014My bf and I go there all the time for special occasions. The food is amazing. The service is great. And its a nice place to celebrate in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR SUMMERLICIOUSMonkeyfinger1Dined on 7/17/2014For $25 you certainly got your $$$ worth. From the tuna tartar to the polenta fries, the veal just awesome! Mara are server a newbie to Cibo was gracious, attentive and helpful with recommendations was a wonderful surprise. Check out the washroom lounge, Lady GAGA posed for all the photos. A hot, happening place, even for Thursday night. A must go to for Toronto foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I came here because I read and heard decent reviews. Sadly, my experience here was not. I took my mom here for her birthday, even with our reservation we waited at least 15 mins for a table. In that time, multiple groups with and without reservations and larger parties were seated before us. When we got to our table, it took over 15 mins for anybody to even acknowledge us and finally give us water. It then took another 15 mins to our server took our order. Our server though polite was solo and sadly unable to manage her tables. The food overall was pretty good but when I returned home, I felt stomach pains and had to use the washroom. The wine selection was good but, I wouldn't recommend this place for food or service though.Special Features:
- Delicious!GillyBeanDined on 7/17/2014I visited Cibo during summerlicious and was very happy with the experience. The food and the service is great. The bread is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Room and AmbiencepsbradysDined on 7/16/2014The CIBO wine bar was a very happening spot. The room had great ambience. Wine options were good with varying price ranges. The bread and olives were great. Pizza was good. Pasta dishes were fair (Mushroom Risotto and Spaghetti Carbonara). Our server was great and attentive despite being very busy. We will definitely be back. Good for casual Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LolaDined on 7/16/2014The food is really good and the portion sizes are filling. I really like this place and the atmosphere but the desserts are not great. Also, the summerlicious menu doesn't make much sense and the restaurant should maybe consider including a salad in the appetizers options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday dinnerAmsterdamDined on 7/15/2014The food and the service was good. We only had to wait too long for the main course, but the manager took good care of it. Great modern restaurant and good decor.Special Features:
- Great buzz, not so great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Food was disappointing on this trip to Cibo. Flavorless and not hot enough. It's been better in the past, so I hope this was a one-off thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.