Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
522 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1K4Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibowinebar.com/
- Phone: 4165043939x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30am - 12:00am
(Kitchen open until 11:00pm)
Thursday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00am
(Kitchen open until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Saverio Macri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Italian Bubbles Brunch - Sunday from 11.30am -4.00pm. $35 per person; includes bottle of Champagne. Tax and Gratuity not included. Minimum two people.
Lobster Tuesdays. Every Tuesday After 4pm enjoy fresh Whole Lobster in a selection of signature dishes.
Cibo Sociale. Every Thursday 4pm-7pm. Features and Specials on classic and signature cocktails, domestic beers, select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Cibo Wine Bar Toronto
Cibo Wine Bar offers a truly authentic Italian experience in a contemporary yet soulful environment. This vibrant eatery is ideally situated in the heart of the city's entertainment and restaurant district. The original raw edge of this 8000 sq ft property has been creatively designed into a modern yet fully inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Cibo Wine Bar Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (182)notable wine list (169)fit for foodies (130)hot spot (126)special occasion (124)romantic (119)neighborhood gem (95)great for lunch (69)vibrant bar scene (68)great for outdoor dining (57)great for brunch (48)late-night find (41)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- I really enjoyed the ambianceLovethenightlifeDined on 10/18/2014The staff were very attentive and personable, service was swift and efficient in a professional manner. I will Definetly be attending agains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a romantic dinner at Cibo before the show. We found the service to be excellent and the food (grilled calamari, fresh pasta and tiramisu) to be fantastic! We had no issues with noise, but sat at a quiet table near the window. I would definitely go again....for good Italian that's closer to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!scalDined on 10/18/2014This was my 3rd time at Cibo, and it was wonderful as always. Our server (Shawna) was very knowledgeable and helpful with the menu and wine list especially. Dinner was delicious, we all had one of the fresh pastas made in-house, and shared bruschetta to start. Will continue to recommend, and will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- wine by the glassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Wine by the glass is expensive- $20 for 5oz cab seems to be over-stated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Food is very good, but, when they describe the dish as Hot......it is HOT !! Atmosphere and decor are terrific. Service was excellent. Noise level is extremely high.....not conducive for good conversation when dining !!Special Features:
- Fancy food at decent pricesOpenDinerDined on 10/14/2014It was great. We went here for my boyfriends birthday and it was coincidentally Lobster Tuesday. Everything was plated beautifully, including the bread served to us at the start. Lobster was cooked nicely and pasta was good. Can't compare to Wolfgang Puck, but it will do. I ordered the most food I ever have here, and we had a good time. The only complaint may be the noise level. We could not hear the waitress when she came to check up on us several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulAmirDined on 10/13/2014It was my first time going to there. I absolutely loved the ambient. They make their own bread and pasta so they are always fresh. Staff were very friendly and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUDE serverOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014Ambiance/atmosphere was great. Food was OK-- although our order was incorrect and we had to wait quite some time to get the right meals. The server was incredible rude, short and snippy. Unfortunately, one "bad person" ruined our experience.Special Features:
- great experiencerainDined on 10/11/2014I took my boyfriend to Cibo on a date and we had a great time. Both of us enjoyed the food and the wine and the service was wonderful. Cibo is a beautiful spot in Toronto to dine. We need more restaurants like that!Special Features:
- High expectation-big disappointmentCdineDined on 10/10/2014As one of Toronto's hot spot I was looking forward to a great Italian meal. Unfortunately, I received grilled tasteless octopus, funghi salad that lacked seasoning, and very raw risotto (that I had to send back). Not an establishment that I am eager to suggest to others looking for good Italian food.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Had visitors from Ireland adn they enjoyed the ambience, food and service at Cibo. I have been there now 3 times and have not been disappointed!Special Features:
- Casual yet elegant...hubbyandwifeDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I made reservations at Cibo for an anniversary dinner. We were first timers and loved it! It's a casual vibe yet elegant with great food, drinks and wine. My husband loved the homemade raviolis and I appreciated the Gluten Free choices on the menu. Wish we had more time to spend at dinner (we had tickets to a concert). We would have ordered dessert and maybe had a drink at the bar. Our wait staff was excellent and informative. We will definitely go back to Cibo the next time we are in Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Hard to get any water for the table and the espresso machine was broken so no option for an after lunch coffee. The food was mediocre.
- PLease train your hostsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Everything went very well but your host. All other personnel was very very good (specially Meagan) however your host that night was not really nice. I almost decide to leave the place. She was quite ungracious, not very friendly at allSpecial Features:
- Great brunch spotDiningCatDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous brunch spot! Great food - high end items and freshly made. Good service, good ambience. Will return again and again for brunch and for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great options for brunch!etheleatsDined on 10/5/2014There was great variety! Salad bar, pasta bar, pizza bar and egg bar - what more could you want for brunch! Everything we had was awesome!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014My friends and I had a great time for Sunday Brunch. Will definitely likely to go backSpecial Features:
- GoodWineanddineDined on 10/4/2014Food was amazing, very very good. Server was not knowledgeable about the wine list. I asked for a recommendation and it just seemed to me that she didn't really know what to suggest. For a place that specializes in wine I found this disappointing. RegArdless she was very kind and caring and the wine we chose was good but overall service could be better if there was better knowledge about the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food was excellent, I'm not from Toronto so I wasn't sure what to expect but the group and I all loved it. Absolutely beautiful ! Great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian foodLove2dineDined on 10/4/2014The Fresh home made pasta and pizza were excellent! It's definitely one of the best Italian restaurants in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbianceYummyTummyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to Cibo Wine Bar recently to celebrate my birthday. We've been there several times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant, itself, is beautiful and the dim lighting is very romantic. The wine list is wonderful, if you are looking to get a bottle, but slightly limited if you want wine by the glass. The food was fantastic! The fresh pasta is really delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectLouLouVIPDined on 10/3/2014Only one thing could have made my evening perfect - if the burrata platter was available. Can't wait to have this back on the menu when it's available once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeLoveToDineDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has wonderful ambiance, and is a great place to start a night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableArachideBleuDined on 10/2/2014Our server was fantastic - an expert regarding the menu and she made excellent recommendations. The food was prompt, and delicious. An overall great lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of food knowledgeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014Bad attitude...bad service...waitress argued w one that she did not substitute when she did. Other very serious issue asked 2 times that gf pasta was 100% gluten free as indicated on the menu...chef should have come out as patron indicated she was deathly allergic to gluten. Lack of education of staff or care my co-worker ended up in the hospital in serious condition. The only time waitress smiled was when paid. Never go!!! Karen
- CiboDisappointed3Dined on 9/30/2014A reservation was made 4 days ahead . When we arrived we were sitted on the side of the restaurant with fewer table which was extremely dark. The other side of the restsurant is where I had sat the last time which was cool and vibrant. The food was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Venue and Food900avgDined on 9/28/2014The venue is romantic and the menu continues to surprise me each time I visit. Try the salmone pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequenter of CIBOLove2DineDined on 9/28/2014I have been to CIBO numerous time for drinks and dinner and love it every single time. The service is great and food spectacular. Coming from a very Italian household, we are sometimes weary about paying and eating our home/cultural cuisine out. CIBO has mastered this type of cuisine. This past weekend was my first time attending their brunch service and they did not disappoint...delicious! I recommend this restaurant to both my Italian and non Italian friends. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was yummy!FoodLoverDined on 9/28/2014Wide selection. My fave were customizing pizza, pasta, and salad. Pizza guy was fun and friendly. Hostess was super nice and accommodating to my fruit allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedneeetDined on 9/26/2014Cibo had a great atmosphere and good service but the food was very dissappointing. The apps were sub-par and pasta was even worse. Would recommend CIBO for drinks/wine but not dinner.Special Features:
- ErikatdotdinerDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious, the vibe was great, and then e service was outstanding. My reservation was for 7:30, arrived early at 7 and was seated right away. Food arrived withing 15 minutes of ordering (even though the restaurant was busy), was delicious and fair prices. Waiters worked as a team and were all very friendly and attentive. Great dining experience on a Friday evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Lovely building and great drinks. Food was unfortunately lukewarm when it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch RestaurantfredrickpalmbeachDined on 9/26/2014A mixture of Casual and Elegance. Very in spot. Food is excellent. Banquet benches (soft - great) and hard chairs (not so great). But huge wine selection - up tempo ambience - great spot - I'll be back. Good lunches as well.Special Features:
- cat7VIPDined on 9/21/2014Went there for the weekend brunch for the second time with my fiancé absolutely loved the food! Everything was made fresh right in front of you, the pizza, the pasta.... so delicious! I highly recommend it for their brunch, there is something there for everyone. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Ultimate fresh brunchluvgoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014Very fresh ingredients like you find at very fine restaurants, but in a more casual setting. Very Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlovers1234656Dined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing to die for just awesome!!! I Cannot wait to go back again and have amazing time having brunch! It was buffet style and it felt like all you can eat. the had egg station, pasta station,pizza station, seafood and dessert station. how amazing was it. The crowd ranges from old to young just a great blend of what Toronto has. This is gem on King St W hope it here to last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnthonyDined on 9/20/2014Very good Italian food. The atmosphere is noisy and the service can be a bit slow on busy weekends, but totally worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second experiencetoyumyumsDined on 9/20/2014I must say that the pastas at Cibo are the best. My only upset during my experience was the 30 minute wait WITH a reservation. That is just unacceptable when myself and my guest made the effort to be there on time. What's the point in making a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expeeinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Cibo was a great experience. Food was delicious, prices were reasonable, service was friendly. They served us cold coffee in the end but our server quickly resolved the problem by getting us a fresh pot. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaDieuDined on 9/20/2014Cibo is literally one of the best restaurants that I've been to in Toronto, I must say it's in my top 20 list! As a food aficionado, I definitely recommend this cool place; food is great and authentic, prices are reasonable, ambiance is great with a loft-sense interior design and of course the wine menu is awesome!! I must say the management was very attentive and asked for our feedback at the spot. I'll be there as much as I can at least till I try all the foods on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.