Cibo Waterfront Cafe
339 Waterfront Drive
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3P1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Cibo Waterfront Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibowaterfrontcafe.com/
- Phone: 2045940339
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Stephen Pawulski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Cibo Waterfront Cafe
Cibo Waterfront Café, a fresh food, Mediterranean inspired café located right on the banks of the Red River. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cibo Waterfront Cafe - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Cibo Waterfront Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (139)great for lunch (91)neighborhood gem (80)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (52)good for groups (49)hot spot (45)great for brunch (40)romantic (40)late-night find (36)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014It was a little loud, but we could still hear each other talk. The server was good, but spoke to softly, could barely hear him. Brushetta and pizzas were very good! Nice atmosphere, would definitely go back. The menu is short and doesn't have a lot of options, but still ok. Prices are average. Overall, enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing given the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014When business colleagues are visiting Winnipeg from Quebec - as on this occasion - I like to showcase Winnipeg's fine and extensive dining scene. Having heard a lot about Cibo and the food, I thought the CEO would like the unique location, the purportedly scenic views of the Red, and the Mediterranean cuisine. Instead, the dining experience, service, food, ambience - the entire experience - was not even on par with State and Main or some other dismal franchise. The menu was particularly disappointing - we almost left after flipping through the folded 8 1/2 x 11 "menu", which would be better suited to a bistro serving the quick lunch crowd. Seated in the lower area, there were no "scenic views" to be had and the noise level was intolerable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent restaurant. Food was excellent. Service was good: friendly staff, but not overbearing - they kept the right distance. I was there for lunch and I'll be back. The only issue for me was the level of sound from the ventilation system - it seemed quite loud for the space. I hope they can address this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland breadNiceDined on 9/15/2014I had the chicken panini for lunch. The contents were good but was served on a very bland white bun that was supposed to be a panini bread. I would have expected a multigrain or crusty bun on a sandwich called a panini. The side salad was hard to eat as it was not broken down into bite size pieces. The lettuce was left in large chunks.Special Features:
- First time hereSirdinesalotDined on 9/14/2014The place is a little out of the way but so worth it.the food was great, the service top shelf an the view if the river is fantastic. My daughter found the place and we will be going back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Read a few reviews before trying Cibo out. To get the weak point out right away, the place is noisy. Not sure if it's the building or whether the music was set too loud but there were moments where conversation took effort to hear. Everything else was great. We were there for supper with friends. Great view if the river. Service was quick. Food was great. The poutine we tried for an appetizer was a meal on its own. Loved the chunks of beef! We were there for a birthday celebration on a Friday night and never felt hurried or pushed as we lingered at the table for a long time. The place is busy and a reservation is recommended. Parking was no problem. We would go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had a table looking into a wall instead of the great view & when we asked to be moved to one of the many many better open tables both hostesses were not accommodating. They intimated that had we reserved much earlier & specified a table we could have sat somewhere better. This seems very odd as "open table" doesn't show you a floor plan or let you know you could select a specific table. There were many open tables as our reservation was at 5pm. We stayed until after 8 pm & at least 3 better tables were open the entire time. Plus the two females were rude. Our male server was fantastic. Please forward this message to the restaurant in it's entirety
- LovCIBODined on 9/10/2014Scenery was amazing,loved that the original pump house is still there.CUDOS! Menu variety was pleasant surprise. Food was great.. Wine selection--could be more varied . But I found something I liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair TimeSuperdisappointedDined on 9/10/2014Had a horrible first time at this restaurant but we decided to give it another try. Food was ok, menu selection is not great, portion was too small. Service was fair, but did not feel special to be there. Atmosphere is awesome, nice scenic view, but I can get that at a park. For $47 for lunch, I think this is overated.Special Features:
- Tasty wholesome food. Great staff!2dine4Dined on 9/7/2014Great addition to our downtown dining options. Love the atmosphere, scenery & food! The staff was friendly & attentive, yet not intrusive. Highly recommended for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish.FoodivaDined on 9/5/2014I really enjoyed eating at your restaurant. The food and service is outstanding and i would definitely recommend to friends and family. Great for a date or small dinner party. The drink menu is interesting and innovative as well.Special Features:
- Cibo'sCuzs5BdayDinDined on 9/4/2014We loved the view of river and Wpg, even on a rainy evening! Brushetta appetizers chosen were excellent, especially the mushroom. Our birthday girl was disappointed lamb balls removed from menu because of over demand?! I ordered pickerel+potato appetizer for main course and it was excellent! Pickerel fresh and prepared delicious with quantity abundant for main course meal. I accompanied with side ceasar salad and truly appreciated the flavourful lite vinegerette dressing! Never enough garlic! Cuzs enjoyed their pasta dishes. The Italian bottle of wine chosen was good. The Spanish by the glass acidic. Service was superior this evening even with full restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cibo's on a WedslotsofboysDined on 9/3/2014the restaurant was packed and very loud - difficult for four people at a table to have a conversation - but the food was great, the service friendly and excellent, the Arancini spectacular and the desserts lovely. Pasta dishes were well-enjoyed as well as the drunken mushroom pizza.Special Features:
- A great place to meet friends!PaxaroDined on 9/3/2014I love bringing people to Cibo haven't been before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cibo = FoodSandieJKDined on 8/31/2014Breakfast was fabulous - but be prepared to wait. Service was slow. Luckily it was a rainy day and we weren't anxious to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrautDined on 8/28/2014Awesome!! Been twice already and will see more of us. The staff are very friendly.Special Features:
- beautiful view historic buildinggr8expectationsDined on 8/28/2014Cibo has the charm of a historic building but is very modern in its food and attitude. The antipasto plate is gull of wonderful flavours with a large portion of meats and cheeses. The pizza has a wonderful thin crust and the matchstick fries are delicious that accompany the substantial char grilled burger. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, mediocre food!sushimonsterDined on 8/28/2014Extremely noisy place. They like to burn bread, from toast in antipasto to my panino to my pizza! Even the shoestring fries were burnt! There wasn't any cheese at all in the two pizzas we ordered! Cocktail drinks were so-so. Frankly speaking, it's a pretentious restaurant, a diner/pub you can find at gas stops dressed up in a tux. Only redeeming feature here is the river view. Nothing more.Special Features:
- Mediocrity on waterfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food was just alright - pizza crust dry and overcooked. Service pleasant but many errors which were not charged to us. Very mediocre.Special Features:
- Some things a hit some a misseatoutforfunDined on 8/24/2014The venue is stunning with a great view if you are lucky enough to sit by a window. Patio should be on the water, not between the restaurant and hotel, makes no sense. We shared an order of the bruschetta and it was delicious. You get 6 slices and can choose 3 different kinds, our favorite was the apple/brie/balsamic. We shared the Arancini and were disappointed as we have had this in other restaurants. There was no no flavor, so we asked for some salt which helped a little. We also had the Cibo pizza. It was good with a nice thin crust. However if you got a piece with no meat there was not much flavor to the sauce. Will try again and have different dishes.Special Features:
- SandySDined on 8/23/2014Re quested to have a table facing the river and gave specifics to be on the upper level and this was not the case when we arrived. There was plenty of space up in this area so we were accommodated but were told we only had 2 hours until the next reservation for that table. Not sure why we weren't placed in this area to begin with since it was available. However was thankful we were moved as it just made our dining experience more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudZoo2Dined on 8/23/2014We went for our daughters 30th birthday. It was very enjoyable. Food was great, service great, ambience wonderful. My only complaint is it is very loud which was hard for 2 people in our group who wear hearing aids. Parking is a challenge but usually there is something.Special Features:
- Will definitely come back!goodeatsDined on 8/22/2014Loved the location! Lots of character, great atmosphere and fantastic view of the river. On our visit, we had wonderful service. The staff were very attentive without being overbearing. I would have liked to have seen a somewhat more extensive wine list. The choices were very limited. However, our server was able to give us an excellent recommendation which we thoroughly enjoyed. The pizzas we tried were very flavourful - I was not unhappy with my choice. If I had one complaint, it was that the food wasn't as warm as I would have liked. I like my pizzas hot from the oven! Overall, a favourable first impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of serviceNewtoyouDined on 8/21/2014Prompt to seat us, but after that took 10 min to get a coffee. didn't come around to see if we wanted more. Fire bells ringing for no apparant reason.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicepegster08Dined on 8/19/2014I celebrated a retirement here with four girlfriends......we split an order of antipasto, and for our main course, two of us had margherita pizza, one had pear and prosciutto pizza, and the other person had salmon salad.....everyone was happy with their meals......the house wines were also pretty good!We had a pleasant waitress who was always there when we needed her and were all happy with the quality of service we received. Price for four of us was $180 with tip.......the restaurant had a good vibe and the four of us were unanimous that we would return for another meal or drinks outside.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKlondikePeteDined on 8/18/2014Appetizers were great as well as main meal. Our server was friendly and attentive. Desert - chocolate was great. Overall a great dining experience at a very affordable cost.Special Features:
- Great night outTrolldogDined on 8/16/2014The service was friendly, the food was delicious. Not a huge selection but what was offered was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was a disappointmentdissapointedDined on 8/15/2014Had been here before and it was awesome….second time there not so good! Consistency was the issue. Salad was half the size than it was previously (i.e. two weeks ago) and server we had second time around screwed up the order twice. First time was great- too bad food and service weren't consistent...how does a salad shrink?Special Features:
- Simple and classy (food/ambience)NiniDined on 8/12/2014We found it. We tried it. We loved it, We went back. We loved it again. Now we speak about it. Winnipeg was in need of a place like Cibo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricescjkitchDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I attended the restaurant for dinner before a Goldeyes game. Prices were very reasonable and the food was quite good. I would recommend a visit if you are in the area. Parking might be a little scarce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Beautiful restaurant with a nice view of the river and tasty interesting food.Special Features:
- Nice ViewSuPaFRoDined on 8/11/2014Great location over-looking the river with very friendly staff. Wish Winnipeg had more of these!Special Features:
- Fun and Vibrant!DiningAroundDined on 8/10/2014This a fun and vibrant new restaurant. The location , view and character of the building is fabulous. I enjoyed the salmon salad... Very tasty and just right for a light meal. My friend had the Bolognese pasta which she found was not very meaty. We also tried the Arancini, which were disappointing only because they were not hot. The cheese inside was a cold lump. The menu is small but I don't think that is a negative if the chef does what he offers well. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every bite.LivelocalDined on 8/10/2014Great value for your money. Food is not too fussy and a decent portion. Overall very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast MenuSofiaDined on 8/9/2014The breakfast menu is very restrained. Mostly eggs. But the quality of what is served is amazing. The preserves served with the crescent were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem missing the markOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Service very slow, very few dinner entree's, very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Cibo way overpriced!!RW123Dined on 8/8/2014We just ate at Cibo and the menu was horrible, overpriced apps, salads and no selection for main course, we ended with pizza which was very bland. Wine selection was very limited and way overpriced, $50.00 wine and pizza??? What a joke and would not recommend anyone eat here ever. Only had a couple of tables with a view and they were booked and yet empty the whole time we were there! Very disappointed and will never go back. Example of a place trying to live of the location without any substance. Only hope is someone else takes this over once is it goes broke which it will!
- Beautiful locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I found the location and decor to be very nice. Price was above average considering the food was not. Would have given service 3 1/2 stars (if available), waited for desert too long otherwise good.Special Features:
- Love the spaceFoodieDined on 8/5/2014Great ambience! I'm so happy that the building was developed!Special Features:
- Great building disappointing foodCdndonnaDined on 8/2/2014I was disappoint our meals were warm at best. Took away for the taste of the dishesSpecial Features: