900 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3L9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibotrattoria.ca/
- Phone: 6046029570
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast from 7am - 11am Monday to Saturday; Lunch from 11:30am - 2pm Monday to Saturday Dinner from 5pm - Monday to Saturday; Brunch Sundays 7am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cibo's 50 seat, intimate dining room makes the perfect location for private parties or gatherings. Cibo also boasts the beautiful Madonna room, perfect for groups of 12 or less. Chef Kassam oversees and personally prepares the evening's menu, which provides you and your guests with the best service in the city. For more info and booking inquires, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Colette Lynch 6043190397
- Special Events: Option to book the entire room (50 seats), the private Madonna Room (12 seats) or reserve a group booking of up to 10 guests per table. Our aim is to make your event as memorable as possible with the best service and menu. Please inquire directly at 604.602.9570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Smithe (kitty-corner to The Orpheum Theatre)
- Public Transit: SKYTRAIN. From Vancouver City Ctr Station (Canada Line) or Granville Station (Expo/Millenium Line). Exit on Granville and walk 2 blocks west (towards Winners sign). Turn left at Smithe and walk to Seymour. You'll see Uva Wine Bar at the corner. We're just on the right at 900 Seymour. Time: Approx. 10 minutes walking.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking or parkade nearby at 880 Seymour Street (at Symphony Place).
A word from Cibo Trattoria
Cibo Trattoria specializes in authentic Italian cuisine, made with fresh and organic ingredients, in a modern and sophisticated dining room. Cibo’s unique list of decadent yet light dishes has been created to provide Vancouverites and visitors to Downtown Vancouver with a distinctive dining experience. Cibo's philosophy is to use farm fresh ingredients from local suppliers. Proud to be the pioneer member of Slow Foods Vancouver, Cibo is located off the Moda Hotel lobby and just steps away from the Orpheum Theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cibo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cibo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (24)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (17)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Consistently Excellent!CHSDVIPDined on 8/15/2014Service is attentive and friendly, but not imposing. Food never disappoints. Pasta dishes are particularly noteworthy. Not inexpensive, but very reasonable for the quality of food and experience.Special Features:
- just okmaryDined on 8/10/2014the food, while not bad, was nothing out of the ordinary. I had found this on a list of top restaurants in vancouver and i would not agree that it should have been on that list. while ok, it was nothing great and none of the food was as expected or anything i would go back for. the server was phenomenal though!Special Features:
- Great fresh food!cmacDined on 8/9/2014We chose this restaurant for an anniversary dinner on the basis of good online reviews - it did not disappoint. The food was fresh and delicious; the service was good, as was the ambience. We shared a number of plates and all of them were very good or excellent. Amazing bruschetta and risotto. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceMatenaDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful service Staff is very knowledgeable Wine list is awesome Love the wine flights Great food menu Will go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local and CreativeRichardDined on 7/25/2014We loved the unique ingredients, mostly all local. The pasta was outstanding. Watch out for the beef dish. Great flavor, but a little over-cooked for our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre findRenniePennieDined on 7/24/2014We were heading to the Orpheum and reserved a table at Cibo without any idea of what we'd experience. We received Good service, great recommendations by staff and delicious food. Portion sizes aren’t big so it’s easy to have three courses and not feel over full. Pasta dishes are a good bet for a single course if you’re wanting a quick bite. The Chocolate Nemesis dessert was the highlight of my meal. I’ll go back just for that with a cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying and enjoyablefood4thoughtDined on 7/18/2014Tasteful décor, good ambiance, we were treated very well. Menu has local organic fare in season and daily homemade pasta. Four of us dined. Excellent mixed green salad with almonds and cherries. Organic beef, chicken and polenta tasty and satisfying. The only criticism was they didn't ask how we liked our entrées however we all loved them with the exception of our daughter who said the ravioli was a little short on the filling couldn't really taste the lemon and very a la dente. (she said to us later but still ate it) Desserts absolutely delish the beautifully light tiramisu with the touch of orange was the best I have ever tasted. Flourless chocolate torte was grand as well. A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Successful Dining ExperienceRarelyinVcrDined on 6/29/2014The location was handy, the staff friendly and service very good. We enjoyed the pastas and desserts we selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fabulous ciboOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A 5/5 dining experience for all (excluding children, if only because they may not appreciate the menu). Cibo Vancouver combines outstanding service and a pleasant atmosphere to give you a personal and private dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaceyLushDined on 6/26/2014We went for my husbands birthday. The food was some of the best restaurant food we have eaten in a long time! My husband says the chicken breast was the best he has even eaten, but it was a tad too salty. The fresh pea and fava bean bruschetta was amazing and so was the panna cotta! The sommelier was very helpful and chose a delicious bottle of wine for us to enjoy. It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014knowledgeable and attentive staff, great food & wine, excellent (& huge portion of) tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too salty - rubbish serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Only 2 staff members... took ages for drinks to come....food over salty and oily. If you have been to Italy and know what good Italian food tastes like don't go here...
- "Fair" food & service this timeDateNiteDivaDined on 6/7/2014Cibo is a great place for dinner prior to VSO concerts, so we usually book our reservation as soon as we purchase our concert tix. We've experienced great food & service, so we do keep coming back. But this past weekend (June 7) the restaurant fell down on both fronts. The service, I can somewhat forgive, since it seemed they were understaffed. Our stressed-out waiter did try to do his best. Due to time constraints we ordered the pre-theatre menu, but we both wished we had gone into the regular dinner menu. The chicken was good, but my hubby's "medium" steak was a bit too well done. The veggies weren't great either. The brodo was also too salty. Dessert, was the saving grace - but sadly not enough to save this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting to be a favouriteJoewasthereVIPDined on 5/24/2014inventive cooking, nice trattoria atmosphere, pasta as good as I recently in RomeSpecial Features:
- Good for 2GhaukDined on 5/22/2014Out on a Tuesday night for a birthday. Awesome olives and bone marrow to start. Had delightful cocktails...a. Canary and an oracle... Very good and worth the money. Cod and skirt steak for an entree, cod was simple, tender, cooked perfect. Skirt steak was very flavourful, cook perfect as well. Would go again in a heartbeat. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- Quiet place for lunchAnnieDined on 5/21/2014Great place for a quick and relatively inexpensive business lunch. However, portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceAndreaDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Cibo several times. The food is always delicious, but the service is lacking too often. This is the third time in about a year that we've had disappointing service here. I'm not sure why the staff needed to double check our reservation after we were seated, but they seemed oddly concerned about it. Our server didn't apologize or offer a discount for spilling a drink. We also had to clean up the table and glass after she did a bad job mopping up the mess herself. On a better note, the duck was cooked perfectly, and the flavours were fantastic. I also love the bruschetta. We keep coming back for the food, but why can't the quality of the wait staff match the quality of the food?Special Features:
- CiboNopeDined on 5/12/2014Our time at Cibo was great! The food was great. Our server was less than adequate, and often quite rude. She knew the menu well, and warned us about the small portion sizes; however, we felt the portion size was perfect, but we can imagine how many American tourists must come in and expect giant servings. We all ordered pasta, and they were the perfect size to fill us up completely. The wine list was great; however, our server told us there were multiple California wines, yet there was only one to buy by the bottle. Cocktails were slightly over priced, for the small size I received. Our server rushed us out at the end, even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Overall, we'd like to come back, but preferably with a different server.Special Features:
- Best dining experiencevninjaDined on 5/11/2014This was a Mother's Day dinner, booked at the last minute. We were pleased to have no trouble getting in, but had no idea what to expect. We need not have worried. The service was attentive without being overbearing and we didn't feel judged when we deviated from recommendations. And I cant say enough about the food; it was flavourful and beautifully presented. Three out of four courses were phenomenal and we left feeling extremely satisfied. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone desiring a superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit offpinkyparayVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were expecting Italian cuisine for a Mother's day lunch. However, all that was offered was an ordinary breakfast menu, with Italian black sausage being one of the few nods to Italy. Our server may have sensed our lack of enthusiasm, and quickly matched it with her level of service. When we were served the incorrect order, it was quickly replaced with the correct dish by the cook. Finally, we were told that the restaurant was unable to serve wine for another 45 minutes. We ate quickly and mechanically, and left without wine, feeling very flat and disappointed.
- Finally found it!ItsallaboutMEDined on 5/10/2014Nice, casual atmosphere in a small dining room. We've known of Cibo for years but finally had the opportunity to dine there. Appetizers and mains were all excellent. We had the duck breast - our waiter was kind enough to mention that there was only one left, when we sat down, so we snapped it up - and the pork. No room for dessert! This may be one of our new faves, since Raincity Grill seems to have slipped a notch or two.Special Features:
- Family Style..No ProblemNorth49981Dined on 5/10/2014I had the pleasure of visiting this gem of a restaurant right around the corner from my strata. My girlfriend and I were there with our 3 adult age nieces. I took one look at the menu and said, we should eat family style. Our server agreed and away we went. 3 apps, 2 pasta and 3 meats, 2 desserts, 5 coffees and 2 bottles of wine later, we had a great experience and meal. Pasta portions could have been a little larger considering what we were doing. But the service we received was top notch. Instead of walking by this little place, I will be walking in more often.Special Features:
- Sorely disappointedBumblebeeDined on 5/5/2014Staff was not aware we had made a reservation and had just given away our table. We had to share a table with another couple. First impression not good. Server came to take our drink order before I had a chance to settle in my seat but had to wait 20 minutes for them bring dessert. Food was way too salty and the portions were tiny and I'm not a big eater. I think I had a whole jar of olives in my pasta. Main course prices but tapas sized portions. There were only two servers and the restaurant was full. For a restaurant who bills itself as #1 preconcert restaurant they should have known there was a concert across the street and staffed accordingly. Would not go back
- Always greatBHAMSTERSVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been here three times and each time is unique and a great meal is always served by professionals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed the food, well presented and great staff. The location is good, especially for attending anything at the Orpheum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 509 reviews are from the Cibo Trattoria reviews archive.
- Never disappoints, always impressesLarryDDined on 5/1/2014Cibo is one of those restaurants where the consistency in service, food, and overall quality never falters. I had dinner with a friend who'd not been there in a couple of years and, had just finished a very stressful workday. At one point he said, "I'd forgotten how good this restaurant is. I can already feel myself unwinding and enjoying the evening."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2014Great wine list, especially if you're a fan of Italian reds. And take Robert up on his wine suggestions, perfect choice (too bad we'll never find that one in the stores!!). A choice of bruschetta toppings, properly done pasta, great mains, and do save room for dessert. Try the Chocolate Nemesis (but it is your your friend) with the pastry who's name eludes me (the one that a doughnut hole aspires to be), and share them!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening at CiboMaryuDined on 4/25/2014We were looking for a place where we could enjoy a good conversation with an out of town guest. So many downtown restaurants Are so noisy! Cibo fit the bill: tasty food, relaxed atmosphere, very good service and a nice choice of background music that isn't intrusive. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ash1bDined on 4/22/2014The waiter was very unprofessional and a jerk. I would not recommend or return to this restaurant.
- Bad ExperienceFaizDined on 4/10/2014Took a client fro lunch. The service was very bad. The server told us the specials and once we decided that we want the special, told us that the kitchen had chnaged the specials. They didnt have regular coffee. I will never go back there again.
- I loved the food! I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I loved the food! I enjoyed the fireplace blazing in the background. The music was too loud, that's why I rated the ambience low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Creative FoodVirginiaDined on 4/5/2014A very nice small bistro. Excellent professional servers. The maitre 'd had some interesting wine suggestions. Crostini a must. Would also be great as a tapas with a drink. Pastas interesting and tasty. Lovely friendly setting. Five star experience.Special Features:
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Food was excellent. Very good service in the restaurant. But... They were one hour behind on our reservation...so they sent us to the bar. Bar was too loud. Restaurant was loud as well for a time once we got out table. Manager said he was going to take care of us for the inconvenience, but didn't.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming a second timeMellowDined on 3/28/2014Upon arriving at the mostly empty room the hostess took our name, found our reso then told us to pick any table. I pointed at a table in the back corner. She then paused & walked away. She returned to say 'that' table was reserved for a 'regular'. Well, I guess we can't pick 'any' table. She asked if we'd like to choose another.. "Just pick one' I said. Not a good start. The room is small and warm, & waitress was polite and professional. The food however, completely underwhelming. The burrata starter was on bland doughy bread. The pastas were good. Steak was mediocre. In a city with dozens of good italian restaurants... this one doesn't live up to the hype. And, that corner table was still empty when we left. I won't be back.
- Been twice, will def go for a thirdOmNomer30Dined on 3/21/2014Love love love. Great service, nice space - loved the fireplace! And the food is absolutely delicious. Unique dishes - not the same old stuff you see on every restaurant menu. Great flavours, local and seasonally inspired. Wait staff really knows how to recommend for taste and wine pairings. It's a perfect, personal dining experience. And if you're not into wine, they also have a great drink menu, lots of scotch and other spirits. Will definitely go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- déjà vuRexy27Dined on 3/21/2014On Friday night I went to Cibo with my girlfriend for the second time. I was eager to try all the food I hadn't tried the first time. When we got into the restaurant we were immediately greeted and asked if they could take our coats, then we were offered a choice of tables. The place was rather busy at the time, and got busier throughout the night (that's a sign of a good restaurant) yet despite how busy it was our waitress took the time to carefully explain, and answer any of our endless questions about the menu, as the menu is written in a bled of Italian and restaurantese. The food was spectacular! As were the drinks (being under aged my selection was alittle limited, but adults will love it)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thought the food and servicebob1Dined on 3/21/2014We thought the food and service very good, prices a little high. Main course could have done with another vegetable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shabby not chicBlackBonnieVIPDined on 3/21/2014Location is good and the menu has potential, but nothing hit the mark. Champagne flight was warm, and the food was marginal. The décor was very downtrodden and seemed a bit grubby.
- Great restaurant right at OrpheumAllieDined on 3/16/2014It's hard to find a restaurant that's really suitable for the theatre but this one fits the bill entirely. Aside from being kitty-corner to the theatre, it has a great range of small plates for either before or after an event. And it's attached to a hotel, so it keeps great hours. The food was excellent and the service very good. We'll be back! As the menu is very focussed on seasonality and being local, there's not much point in me going on about how good the duck pâté was. Nice selection of wines by the glass. We came on a typical rotten wet evening and the fireplace really warmed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not theatre friendlyStoryzgalDined on 3/4/2014We were a party of 5 who selected Cibo based on a recommendation and proximity to The Orpheum. We were seated at a high top table with no hooks to hang purses and chairs that are not suitable to do so comfortably. The staff seemed rushed and stressed all evening. Two types if water were offered and the waiter never mentioned a two dollar charge for warm "still" water that tasted like tap water. Some of our table were missing cutlery, side plates and the bread was served dry with no oil & vinegar dip Coffee was never delivered Food is over priced for portion size Not an optimal dining experience for a restaurant so close to the theatre they were overwhelmed by the crowd as though never experiencing it before. Would not go back or reccomend