900 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3L9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cibotrattoria.ca/
- Phone: (604) 602-9570
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast from 7am - 11am Monday to Saturday; Lunch from 11:30am - 2pm Monday to Saturday Dinner from 5pm - Monday to Saturday; Brunch Sundays 7am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cibo's 50 seat, intimate dining room makes the perfect location for private parties or gatherings. Cibo also boasts the beautiful Madonna room, perfect for groups of 12 or less. Chef Kassam oversees and personally prepares the evening's menu, which provides you and your guests with the best service in the city. For more info and booking inquires, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Colette Lynch 6043190397
- Special Events: Option to book the entire room (50 seats), the private Madonna Room (12 seats) or reserve a group booking of up to 10 guests per table. Our aim is to make your event as memorable as possible with the best service and menu. Please inquire directly at 604.602.9570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Smithe (kitty-corner to The Orpheum Theatre)
- Public Transit: SKYTRAIN. From Vancouver City Ctr Station (Canada Line) or Granville Station (Expo/Millenium Line). Exit on Granville and walk 2 blocks west (towards Winners sign). Turn left at Smithe and walk to Seymour. You'll see Uva Wine Bar at the corner. We're just on the right at 900 Seymour. Time: Approx. 10 minutes walking.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking or parkade nearby at 880 Seymour Street (at Symphony Place).
A word from Cibo Trattoria
Cibo Trattoria specializes in authentic Italian cuisine, made with fresh and organic ingredients, in a modern and sophisticated dining room. Cibo’s unique list of decadent yet light dishes has been created to provide Vancouverites and visitors to Downtown Vancouver with a distinctive dining experience. Cibo's philosophy is to use farm fresh ingredients from local suppliers. Proud to be the pioneer member of Slow Foods Vancouver, Cibo is located off the Moda Hotel lobby and just steps away from the Orpheum Theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Cibo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cibo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)romantic (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (15)late-night find (11)good for groups (7)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Ambience classy, modern. Quiet and intimate setting. Versatile with my rebooking reservation time. Menu didn't have a lot of options, but had enough to choose from. Coffee was very nice. No water offered or poured, only sparkling was offered. Had to ask for sugar for coffee as only cream was offered. French toast was delicious. Sable fish was oily and bland, potato has soggy. Edible, but not delicious. Fruit plate was boring and most of the fruit was not ripe, grapes sour, cantaloupe and honeydew hard. Only the pineapple was nice. Probably wouldn't have brunch here again, just not delicious enough, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before an eventDW1961Dined on 11/18/2014Server asked if we were off to an event that evening. Was helpful with the timing so we could enjoy our meal but get out without a fuss. It was a very enjoyable evening in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everytime it is as good as the last timeObelixDined on 11/15/2014The menu is seasonal, some dishes not that common to find anywhere else. Good wine list with reasonable prices, for any budget. And their Grappa list never ends! Staff is friendly and know what they're doing. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CiboWetCoasterDined on 11/7/2014We came for a quick dinner before the BC Lions game, didn't hurt that it was my birthday as well. The food was excellent and well presented. The staff was aware we were on a tight schedule and accommodated it with no fuss or bother. Must come back for a longer experience.Special Features:
- Ghoulishly Good Halloween FeastButtercupDined on 10/31/2014First time here, it won't be our last. We needed a date spot for Halloween and I think Cibo was the only place that had a creative, Halloween-inspired prix-fixe menu. Bone marrow, heart, blood sausage, liver...only thing missing was the brains, which is probably why there were no zombies eating in the restaurant. Service was exceptional. The experience was great, and I would certainly return on any night of the living...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third return visitwhereverugoDined on 10/28/2014Everything was welcoming and pleasant. There was an exceptionally loud woman shrieking about herself at the table next to the one where the waiter proposed to seat us, so we demurred, but he assured us she was leaving very soon and sure enough she did just that. I had the crispy polenta with broccolini, which was absolutely delicious to the very last bite. The others had pasta dishes, equally well received. Our waiter was fun but not intrusive, and we felt welcome to enjoy the dining experience entirely at our own leisurely pace. The only really sad thing was the place was not very busy at all, possibly it was because of the rainy weather/Tuesday night factor. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main course rocked!michellevancityDined on 10/24/2014Overall had a great experience! Cocktail and wine list is huge and all very yummy! Our appy of the bruchetta left much to be desired very basic for the $14 price so we were a bit worried for what was to come. Our main course however was awesome! We ordered the scallops and were very greatful for a sub on the side from the chef due to food restrictions. They were delicious as well as the pork and veal bolognese! Tiramisu is as always a great desert choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a low barBirthdayBoyVIPDined on 10/23/2014We arrived promptly at 12 for our business lunch, and found the place occupied by about 6 patrons and an ad hoc movie crew (?) However, there was no waitress or any employee for that matter in sight for at least 10-15 minutes. We each ordered the Italian Broda soup, and a main. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. The soup arrived 40 minutes later, and consisted of clear beef broth with a sprinkling of cut green onions, it was tasteless and most of us didn't finish it. The mains arrived after one hour and 15 minutes of our arrival. These were passable cooked spaghetti and sandwiches, we did not finish it due to the apathy of their preparation. There was only one other table occupied, it is obvious why. We will not be returning-EVER.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014We were in the middle of our $70 appies when our main course arrived!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Food excellent. Noisy because of large birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellentRichardDined on 10/9/2014It's hard for any restaurant to maintain quality. Cibo's continues to impress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey for what you getWinOneVIPDined on 10/8/2014The service was good. The food was tasty. The price was high for what you get. Water was offered from the get go but no where on their menu was it advertised that there would be a $1 charged for the water (not sparkling). The server did not mention it at all. The pasta portions were small for what you pay for. I'm a small eater so I was full but for people who can eat, order the full meal deal but you'll be paying for it. I chose this place because it was close to the Orpheum theatre for the symphony show. Otherwise, I wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- Great little findSisterlukeDined on 10/8/2014We just found this restaurant on the internet as we were going to the Orpheum and wanted someplace close. This is a cozy place and reservations are recommended. The service was great and our server was a lot of fun. The meal was the proper portion size IF you ordered an appie and maybe a side dish. The brick chicken was absolutely delicious. Would definitely recommend this place and will also be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaret from WinnipegOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014a friend recommended this italian restaurant and we were fortunate to get a reservation for the time we wanted. The food was extraordinary , flavours so good. Loved the mozzarella salad with added peaches. We will be back when we visit Vancouver again.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDeleonsDined on 9/7/2014Thank you for the wonderful service, & excellent food. To top it off, we had one of the best servers! Definitely one of our favorite places to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointing experienceLuv2dineoutvancouverDined on 9/6/2014Glacial-speed of service and small portions. Arrived at 6:00 pm for dinner before concert at the Orpheum, drinks ordered at 6:15 and dinner ordered at 6:20. Drinks arrived at our table at 7:00 pm. Saturday night and there was ONE person tending tables. AT 7:10 still no sign of our food but the server assured us "it'll be right out". AT 7:25 still no sign of our food. Food finally arrived at 7:45 - some 90 minutes after placing our order. Manager had the audacity to blame us for ordering pasta "which took a long time to make". Super-small portions, disappointingly bland, nothing special - and at a premium price. Something out of a can would have been as good. Gobbled it down to make the start of the show at 8:00 pm. Will NEVER go back.
- cibo for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Although not an extensive menu everyrhing was interesting and delicious--lots of local product.My wife liked the 3 oz wine pour for sosome one just wanting a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!CHSDVIPDined on 8/15/2014Service is attentive and friendly, but not imposing. Food never disappoints. Pasta dishes are particularly noteworthy. Not inexpensive, but very reasonable for the quality of food and experience.Special Features:
- just okmaryVIPDined on 8/10/2014the food, while not bad, was nothing out of the ordinary. I had found this on a list of top restaurants in vancouver and i would not agree that it should have been on that list. while ok, it was nothing great and none of the food was as expected or anything i would go back for. the server was phenomenal though!Special Features:
- Great fresh food!cmacDined on 8/9/2014We chose this restaurant for an anniversary dinner on the basis of good online reviews - it did not disappoint. The food was fresh and delicious; the service was good, as was the ambience. We shared a number of plates and all of them were very good or excellent. Amazing bruschetta and risotto. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 531 reviews are from the Cibo Trattoria reviews archive.
- Great food experienceMatenaDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful service Staff is very knowledgeable Wine list is awesome Love the wine flights Great food menu Will go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local and CreativeRichardDined on 7/25/2014We loved the unique ingredients, mostly all local. The pasta was outstanding. Watch out for the beef dish. Great flavor, but a little over-cooked for our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre findRenniePennieDined on 7/24/2014We were heading to the Orpheum and reserved a table at Cibo without any idea of what we'd experience. We received Good service, great recommendations by staff and delicious food. Portion sizes aren’t big so it’s easy to have three courses and not feel over full. Pasta dishes are a good bet for a single course if you’re wanting a quick bite. The Chocolate Nemesis dessert was the highlight of my meal. I’ll go back just for that with a cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying and enjoyablefood4thoughtDined on 7/18/2014Tasteful décor, good ambiance, we were treated very well. Menu has local organic fare in season and daily homemade pasta. Four of us dined. Excellent mixed green salad with almonds and cherries. Organic beef, chicken and polenta tasty and satisfying. The only criticism was they didn't ask how we liked our entrées however we all loved them with the exception of our daughter who said the ravioli was a little short on the filling couldn't really taste the lemon and very a la dente. (she said to us later but still ate it) Desserts absolutely delish the beautifully light tiramisu with the touch of orange was the best I have ever tasted. Flourless chocolate torte was grand as well. A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Successful Dining ExperienceRarelyinVcrDined on 6/29/2014The location was handy, the staff friendly and service very good. We enjoyed the pastas and desserts we selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fabulous ciboOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A 5/5 dining experience for all (excluding children, if only because they may not appreciate the menu). Cibo Vancouver combines outstanding service and a pleasant atmosphere to give you a personal and private dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaceyLushDined on 6/26/2014We went for my husbands birthday. The food was some of the best restaurant food we have eaten in a long time! My husband says the chicken breast was the best he has even eaten, but it was a tad too salty. The fresh pea and fava bean bruschetta was amazing and so was the panna cotta! The sommelier was very helpful and chose a delicious bottle of wine for us to enjoy. It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014knowledgeable and attentive staff, great food & wine, excellent (& huge portion of) tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too salty - rubbish serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Only 2 staff members... took ages for drinks to come....food over salty and oily. If you have been to Italy and know what good Italian food tastes like don't go here...
- "Fair" food & service this timeDateNiteDivaDined on 6/7/2014Cibo is a great place for dinner prior to VSO concerts, so we usually book our reservation as soon as we purchase our concert tix. We've experienced great food & service, so we do keep coming back. But this past weekend (June 7) the restaurant fell down on both fronts. The service, I can somewhat forgive, since it seemed they were understaffed. Our stressed-out waiter did try to do his best. Due to time constraints we ordered the pre-theatre menu, but we both wished we had gone into the regular dinner menu. The chicken was good, but my hubby's "medium" steak was a bit too well done. The veggies weren't great either. The brodo was also too salty. Dessert, was the saving grace - but sadly not enough to save this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting to be a favouriteJoewasthereVIPDined on 5/24/2014inventive cooking, nice trattoria atmosphere, pasta as good as I recently in RomeSpecial Features:
- Good for 2GhaukDined on 5/22/2014Out on a Tuesday night for a birthday. Awesome olives and bone marrow to start. Had delightful cocktails...a. Canary and an oracle... Very good and worth the money. Cod and skirt steak for an entree, cod was simple, tender, cooked perfect. Skirt steak was very flavourful, cook perfect as well. Would go again in a heartbeat. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- Quiet place for lunchAnnieDined on 5/21/2014Great place for a quick and relatively inexpensive business lunch. However, portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceAndreaDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Cibo several times. The food is always delicious, but the service is lacking too often. This is the third time in about a year that we've had disappointing service here. I'm not sure why the staff needed to double check our reservation after we were seated, but they seemed oddly concerned about it. Our server didn't apologize or offer a discount for spilling a drink. We also had to clean up the table and glass after she did a bad job mopping up the mess herself. On a better note, the duck was cooked perfectly, and the flavours were fantastic. I also love the bruschetta. We keep coming back for the food, but why can't the quality of the wait staff match the quality of the food?Special Features:
- CiboNopeDined on 5/12/2014Our time at Cibo was great! The food was great. Our server was less than adequate, and often quite rude. She knew the menu well, and warned us about the small portion sizes; however, we felt the portion size was perfect, but we can imagine how many American tourists must come in and expect giant servings. We all ordered pasta, and they were the perfect size to fill us up completely. The wine list was great; however, our server told us there were multiple California wines, yet there was only one to buy by the bottle. Cocktails were slightly over priced, for the small size I received. Our server rushed us out at the end, even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Overall, we'd like to come back, but preferably with a different server.Special Features:
- Best dining experiencevninjaDined on 5/11/2014This was a Mother's Day dinner, booked at the last minute. We were pleased to have no trouble getting in, but had no idea what to expect. We need not have worried. The service was attentive without being overbearing and we didn't feel judged when we deviated from recommendations. And I cant say enough about the food; it was flavourful and beautifully presented. Three out of four courses were phenomenal and we left feeling extremely satisfied. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone desiring a superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit offpinkyparayVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were expecting Italian cuisine for a Mother's day lunch. However, all that was offered was an ordinary breakfast menu, with Italian black sausage being one of the few nods to Italy. Our server may have sensed our lack of enthusiasm, and quickly matched it with her level of service. When we were served the incorrect order, it was quickly replaced with the correct dish by the cook. Finally, we were told that the restaurant was unable to serve wine for another 45 minutes. We ate quickly and mechanically, and left without wine, feeling very flat and disappointed.
- Finally found it!ItsallaboutMEDined on 5/10/2014Nice, casual atmosphere in a small dining room. We've known of Cibo for years but finally had the opportunity to dine there. Appetizers and mains were all excellent. We had the duck breast - our waiter was kind enough to mention that there was only one left, when we sat down, so we snapped it up - and the pork. No room for dessert! This may be one of our new faves, since Raincity Grill seems to have slipped a notch or two.Special Features:
- Family Style..No ProblemNorth49981Dined on 5/10/2014I had the pleasure of visiting this gem of a restaurant right around the corner from my strata. My girlfriend and I were there with our 3 adult age nieces. I took one look at the menu and said, we should eat family style. Our server agreed and away we went. 3 apps, 2 pasta and 3 meats, 2 desserts, 5 coffees and 2 bottles of wine later, we had a great experience and meal. Pasta portions could have been a little larger considering what we were doing. But the service we received was top notch. Instead of walking by this little place, I will be walking in more often.Special Features:
- Sorely disappointedBumblebeeDined on 5/5/2014Staff was not aware we had made a reservation and had just given away our table. We had to share a table with another couple. First impression not good. Server came to take our drink order before I had a chance to settle in my seat but had to wait 20 minutes for them bring dessert. Food was way too salty and the portions were tiny and I'm not a big eater. I think I had a whole jar of olives in my pasta. Main course prices but tapas sized portions. There were only two servers and the restaurant was full. For a restaurant who bills itself as #1 preconcert restaurant they should have known there was a concert across the street and staffed accordingly. Would not go back