Cibo Ristorante Italiano
1227 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cibo Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutstreetsupperclub.com/
- Phone: 2159238208
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Mignona
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining is available on two luxurious mezzanine areas. They are each equipped with televisions that capture the entertainment on the stage below. Banquet menus are available at a number of different price points. The Walnut Street Supper Club specializes in group dinners, and is the perfect choice for a group that wants something unique for their dinner party.
- Private Party Contact: Larice Lima 2159238208
- Entertainment: Live entertainment five nights per week from 5:20- 11:00PM Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday and 6:20 - Midnight Friday and Saturdays. The singers are the wait staff and they range in songs from Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra to Adele and other more modern artists. The core of the music is the Great American Songbook.
- Special Events: Buy your gift certificate now for the holidays and get 20% off.
- Cross Street: 13th Street & Walnut
- Public Transit: •Market-Frankford Line: 15th & Locust Subway-Surface Lines: 15th & Market. Broad St. Subway Line: Walnut and Locust St. Buses: Route C via Broad St. Route 41 & 21 Buses via Walnut St. Route 90 via Locust and Pine St. Regional Rail Lines: R1, R2,R3, R5, R6 and R8 stop at Penn Center at 16th & JFK. PATCO 13th & Locust.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We provide discounted parking at the Parkway garage, located at 1201 Walnut Street. We provide a voucher while dining that reduces the fee to $7 for up to 12 hours. The garage is on the corner of 12th and Walnut Streets. Entrances are located on 12th, Walnut, and Sansom Streets.
A word from Cibo Ristorante Italiano
Continental Italian cuisine with American influence accompanied by a singing staff. The music pays homage to the Great American songbook of the 40's-60's with tribute to broadway hits and modern classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (40)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- great first experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Even though there was no singing the ambiance of the restaurant was fantastic and our server Brian was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, okay foodJuliaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have never had worse service at a restaurant. Really. It was absolutely terrible. The food was okay, nothing special. Not worth the cost. Also, the waiters take turns singing on stage which would be cute it they didn't blare it through speakers through the restaurant. It was LOUD! We were a party of five and not one of us will ever go back.
- CharmingKateDined on 10/10/2014Ate here when it was The Walnut Street Supper Club. Menu is a little different now but still delicious. We asked for a table near the stage and got it. The pianist was outstanding and all the servers who sang were phenomenal!! The food was quite good: Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, both soups, eggplant app, veal marsala. Perfect portions. There was just the right amount of time between courses. Our server was friendly without being overbearing It didn't feel like he was hovering. Dessert was fabulous, chocolate chip cannoli! The only downfall was the lighting. I'm relatively young (30s) and felt the need to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. I only Moderate noise due to the music but that's part of the reason for goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodKitsDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary here last Thursday night. We are the first guest to arrive for dinner. The ambiance is really fancy. The host is very accomodating. Our server is so attentive. We got the soup of the day as our appetizer, It taste not that special. For the entree we got the shrimp and gorgonzala(forgot the complete name). The vegetable of shrimp is bitter. The gorgonzala pasta taste horrible so i replaced it with fettucini pasta, still not good. I had no choice but to eat it. We got tiramisu for dessert but taste like bitter whip cream. I always eat tiramisu so i know how it taste like. Our bill is $100 for two including tax and gratuity. Honestly saying it's not worth the price.Special Features:
- noisy pianoedamharryDined on 10/7/2014We just arrived in Philadelphia with a big time difference. The food was very good, got several compliments from the group. the live piano was a bit loud especially when there was a luve singer too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoseyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were 7 people celebrating my daughter's birthday. Bianca was a fabulous server and terrific singer! Although I thought it was a bit pricey, the antipasto and tower of pisa were wonderful and everyone was satisfied with their meal. I had the veal chop which was delicious although didn't seem to be a double but all in all a big improvement over past visits.Special Features:
- awesomejoeyDined on 10/4/2014I took my girlfriend here because a friend recommended it. It was the best! Great food and awesome singing staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; very good serviceGManDined on 10/4/2014We have been to Walnut Street Supper Club many times and have dined frequently at the location when it was Portofino. Even though the ownership and the name has changed, the supper club format remains and the quality of the food is still good. The service we experienced during our last visit was very good, and we were able to make the 8PM curtain at the Walnut Theatre with time to spare. One disappointing matter was that the new emcee/piano player, while he had a nice voice and playing style, was not as entertaining or as informative as the former one. Wait staff voices were good, as usual. No doubt, we will return there again.
- Great food, amazing atmosphereJasonNEPADined on 10/3/2014Birthday dinner for a friend; staff was very attentive and FUN. Enjoyed the staff's musical talents and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrinitiDined on 10/1/2014Food was delicious, service excellent and quick but not rushed!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!RichVIPDined on 9/23/2014We made reservations at Cibo because it was near the theater. What a great find. We had a great Italian meal and enjoyed wonderful entertainment by the singing wait staff accompanied by a great pianist. We debated skipping the theater to continue an enjoyable evening of good food and entertainment. You have to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014the restaurant started off slow, but they definitely impressed us all around. The food was very good. The dover sole and branzino specials were terrific. The musical entertainment ( singing waiters) were outstanding. We enjoyed the evening alot!!!!Special Features:
- Dinner and a showcityexplorerDined on 9/19/2014CiBo was an excellent experience. The menu was well rounded and the service was exceptional. The live singing by the staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceHarryDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent, all courses. Hostess, did not catch her name, and server, Joe, were very good and attentive. Singers added a nice touch, albeit at times were a bit loud. They were very concerned about our schedule in case we were attending the theater. Will revisit.Special Features:
- DisappointingCharDined on 9/18/2014I have been to the Walnut Street Supper Club several times and have always had a good meal. Now that the restaurant has changed owners and has a new chef, the food was not up to par with the old restaurant. Selections were not as interesting, food was very salty, seasoning was "off' and portions were smaller (although that is not a bad thing). Wait staff were helpful and attentive and the singing is always a plus.
- I can't wait to go again!BettyDined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect! I highly recommend visiting before or after a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will never go backJohnsonc518Dined on 9/13/2014Our food was cold and watered down. Our waitress performed at least 4 times during dinner- didn't check on our food once let alone apologize for it being terrible. We told the manager on the way out and he didn't ask for the waitress' name or offer us a drink at the bar. Seems like a common theme at this restaurant. We will never go back.Special Features:
- after matinee dinnerdcvrDined on 9/13/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Cibo. Our waitress was great, and could really belt a show tune. loved it. The food was delicious and very nice sized portions from anti paste to dessert! loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!foodisgudDined on 9/12/2014Cibo was very friendly and accommodating to our large party, and the food was delicious. We loved the $35 restaurant week deal, and thoroughly enjoyed the singing by the very talented wait staff.Special Features:
- foodtasticoutandaboutDined on 9/12/2014Great food, great staff, great service with a special dash of wonderful singers.Special Features:
- Good food with entertainmentJTMNJDined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere is fun. Show tunes sung by the waiters. The food is good. The perfect place for a dinner before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantMaxibobDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I had excellent four course dinners and the atmosphere was also really nice. We were attending a play nearby and by showing our tickets, they gave us a 20% discount on our food. The also provided a voucher that reduced our parking cost at an adjacent indoor garage from $22 to $7. Our waiter was extremely nice and was very helpful without being obtrusive. The restaurant also had live music and the waiters rotated as singers and they were all very good. It was a great dining experience and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Surprise venuebob36thDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant reminded me of an old time Italian restaurant. The surprise that night was entertainment provided by a piano player along with staff members singing some older songs. It is a fabulous place to go either before or after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not great.lflOKFoodDined on 9/9/2014The drinks were good; the food was good but not hot when received. I ordered soup and it came out luke warm. The entree was a warm but could have been warmer. I wouldn't classify this as a neighborhood gem but it was OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorablefoodfightDined on 9/9/2014We chose this restaurant even though they had poor food reviews,because they featured singing. Well, we got the poor food, but no entertainment. I would not go back.
- Music was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The music and the waitstaff who sang their hearts out were amazing. The pianist was amazing too. I would have enjoyed to hear him just play a few sons every now and then without the voices just so that we could hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Fair at bestSteveDined on 8/31/2014We were here last December when it was still the Walnut St Supper Club... I was not aware when I made this reservation for 8/31/2014 that the ownership of the restaurant had changed & the chef replaced. Upon arriving, we asked about the new menu & were told how fabulous the menu was...we decided on the seafood in marinara.. Pesci de mare I think it was called.... $37....one of the priciest things on the menu which is very similar to Olive Garden! I ate a clam & got a bunch of shell in my mouth ...had to spit it out. The dish did not come with pasted either.... Never had Pesci de mare without coming out on a bed of pasta. Had to order a side of penne for $5. Food is fair, prices high.Oh we'll, live n learn. We will not be returning to Cibo.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was average, at best. My wife special ordered a chicken dish-gluten free (we notified the restaurant ahead of time of the food allergy) and the chicken tasted liked it had just been removed from the freezer and microwaved. If we were not pushed to go to the theatre, we would have sent it back. The quality of the food was a definite step down from the previous owners (Walnut Street Supper Club) at this location. Highly overpriced for the quality of the food and they skimp on the cocktails.
- Pleasant dinner before the theaterAud050Dined on 8/24/2014The Walnut Supper Club is a neat place. There are certain performance times, and all of the servers have a visit to the mic to sing a tune. This was very cool. The decor is nice. The service was outstanding. I have to say that my meal was not bad, nor was it outstanding. I had angel hair with shrimp and lobster. Seemed like it was missing something....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO LIVE ENTERTAINMENT5xdinerDined on 8/24/2014Food was not hot when it was served. Vegetables were just plain cold, meat was just warm (sauce also). The flavor was very good which is why I would give it one more try. Our waiter must have been new because he never gave us the specials, he didn't give them to the table across from us either. We only know there were specials after we ordered because we heard another waiter give them to his table. And the main complaint we had was we went there because there was suppose to be live entertainment but it never started. The keyboard player came in and sat his things down but never played a single tune. When we asked they said in about 20 minutes but we had our dinner and dessert and coffee and still NEVER a tune. Crème brulee was old.
- Great Spot before the TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Went with a group of friends before our show. The show right at the restaurant was wonderful with a paino player and servers who sang during our dinner! It did not interrupt great service and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good when time is EssentialJDjrDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant was in the middle of the name change so things seemed a little confusing with menu. Also because most patrons were trying to get to a show the service was slow and not attentive which took away from the meal. Maybe they should hire bus boys or food runners.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dinnerlovetoeatoutDined on 8/20/2014We arrived around 5:30. Had happy hour outside with discounted drinks and half priced appetizers. The calamari was the best I have ever tasted. Dinner was delayed by us because our third person was late. They had no qualms about holding our table all that time. Delicious dinner. The waiters and waitresses who sang were delightful.Special Features:
- stil changingIamatazDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is changing and has a long way to go. The staff was very friendly but service was slow and the food was not great.
- Great for pre-show diningplumbloco77Dined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. While the food is good, not great, the entertainment was outstanding. It was a perfect warm-up to the theatre. I definitely recommend this restaurant!
- Just fantasticJoeKDined on 8/15/2014Great food and entertainment. Really enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceMackieDined on 8/15/2014I had dined here before and had such a great time that I took my mom here before dinner because I knew she would love the 50's and 60's decor. It was really great again. They have just revamped their menu and everything was better than last time. I don't know why this place isn't busier but it was a lovely time and the servers who perform are very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this before a show or just for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant before a show4boysVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is average and the service is fine but the waiters and waitresses singing is so much fun! We had dinner before a show (which they give you 20% off your Check so that was great). This wait staff were all very talentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ExGeniusDined on 8/8/2014I took the wife to the Walnut Street Super Club for her birthday, she was thrilled. The food was great and defiantly priced to match the quality (in a good way). The service was also great, very friendly and accommodating. The entertainment may not have been "My thing", but my wife loved it! The African American waiter that sang on Friday night was incredible, I am not a fan of musical ins general, but that guy can belt them out and did a smash up job. I know they just changed owners and are planning a name change, I think that would be a mistake.Special Features:
- Just alrightProDinerouterDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant was kind of cool but the entertainers were way too loud. No way to talk at your table while they were on stage. Thank God they do take breaks after 6-7 perform. Food was average and the MD said they had just been bought by new owners. Out reservation was at 645p and they were already out of several of thesunshinestate dishes on the menu. I would not go back with so many other choices in the city. I went with a group of 5 and nobody said "wow that was good."Special Features: